TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:02 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

q21 wrote: Even if there is a roleblocker and we go into tomorrow with one of our power roles blocked, we're still in a very good position.
WTF? I'm not suggesting we abandon the plan. I'm just suggesting that we modify it in a way that makes it no worse for us and harder on a potential roleblocker. Goat's recent post says that maybe he shouldn't call out his target, and that's also a reasonable option. There's no
gain
to having both of them call it their targets. The only gain to having one of them do it is to prevent having them both target the same person.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Only one of us needs to call out our target. We get more net information from the worst case scenario if CML is the one who calls it out.

After a lot of discussion, the most beneficial plan is still the original one. CML calls out his target, and I will randomly select to track one of the remaining two players.

So...now let's decide who to lynch.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:09 am

Post by q21 »

TSN - I never said both of them should call out their targets.

Goat - I'd prefer a TSN lynch cause I think he's scummy, but I will accept my own lynch if that is what people want and then hope for the best.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:12 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

q21 wrote: TSN - I never said both of them should call out their targets.
Good. Wait, where do we disagree again?

My attitude is more or less the same as q21's, 'cept I'd prefer a cass lynch. But realistically, this game's all but won.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:06 am

Post by q21 »

You seemes to be saying that neither of them should declare their targets.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ive been thinking, and I would bet on no roleblocker right now. Town had a doctor, tracker and a vig. Vig really isnt the greatest powerrole as it can cause problems for the town easy. So basically doctor/tracker vs 3*goon. I see this as fair.

I am happy with any combination of q21/TSN as lynchee/vigged. Although TSN lynch looks better to me.

So enough of this, whatever we are doing. Lets all come to a consensus of what should be done, and lets actually do it. Afterall, its a forcewin.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Vote q21
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

If I can get a "yes I know my night actions" post from goat and liam I will vote q21
Co-host of The USL Show
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:06 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

My night action will involve tracking one of the two players CML is not shooting tonight.

Since he stated he's going to shoot TSN, I will track either Cass or LlamaFluff.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

done deal

vote q21
Co-host of The USL Show
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Post by Cass »

Ok, Good.

Vote q21

I'd prefer to lynch the ninja, but vigging him is good enough.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by ooba »

.::] Vote Count [::.

TheSweatpantsNinja (1)
- q21
q21 (4)
- CallMeLiam, Goatrevolt, LlamaFluff, Cass

Not Voting (2) - Mr. Blonde, TheSweatpantsNinja

"You decide to waste no time and quickly arrive at a consensus."

q21 -
Mafia Goon
has been lynched

"Someone suggests retiring for the night but as soon as the words escape his mouth, the door opens. You expect to see a note flying in or the butler walking in. But nothing happens ..

After the initial shock wears off, a few of you go towards the door , fearing it might close on you and this was all another sadistic joke from your host. However, no such thing happens and you all find yourselves outside. You all start running to your cars, not even looking at the others with whom you've been trapped here for 3 days.

Back home, you decide not to tell anyone what happened here because nobody would believe you in the first place. The next morning , you see a newspaper report of how the top 3 mafia operatives were captured in a daring operation. You also see a report on how the mayor's popularity ratings have soared..

So the mayor came out ahead and got what he wanted. Nobody except the ones who were there knew of your contribution. But you did make it out alive in the end and you did make the city a safer place .. In a way you all won!!"

The Town wins !!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:56 am

Post by ooba »

6 x Townsperson
(Mr. Blonde, Cass, LlamaFluff, TheSweatpantsNinja, StrangerCoug, Amor)
You are a Townsperson. You have no abilities other than your vote.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
1 x Vigilante
(CallMeLiam)
You are a Vigilante. You do not believe in the slow and ineffectual procedures of the town in killing people. Each night you may PM me the name of one player, and you will shoot that player with your Gun. If you do not send me the name of a player by that night’s deadline you will not kill anybody that Night. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

1 x Tracker
(Goatrevolt)
You are a Tracker. You follow people in the night to see what they are up to. At night you may PM the name of one player before that night's deadline. If that player targeted any other players, I will tell you the names of those players targeted. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

1 x Doctor
(SensFan)
You are a Doctor. If you PM me the name of one player before that night’s deadline that player will be protected from one night kill for that night. You can not target yourself. You will not be informed if your action is blocked.

2 x Mafia Goon
(dcorbe, q21)
You are a Goon in the Mafia with Phoebus as your Godfather. q21 is also a fellow Goon of your mafia.

You can talk with the other living members of your mafia at night.

Each night the mafia can send me the name of a player to kill. That member of your mafia who sends me the PM will be the person attempting to kill the targeted player. Your group only gets one kill per night. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that night, no kill will be performed. PMs sent after the first one will not count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

You win when only Mafia members are left standing alive.
1 x Mafia Godfather
(Phoebus)
You are the Godfather of the Mafia. dcorbe and q21 are also members of your mafia. Because you are a crafty manipulator, you will appear “Innocent” to any cops investigating you.

You can talk with the other living members of your mafia at night.

Each night the mafia can send me the name of a player to kill. That member of your mafia who sends me the PM will be the person attempting to kill the targeted player. Your group only gets one kill per night. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that night, no kill will be performed. PMs sent after the first one will not count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

You win when only Mafia members are left standing alive.
Note : The only role with a hidden element. Although the part about appearing "Innocent" was true, there were no cops in the game. The godfather was however immune to the vig's Night kill - this was not mentioned in the role pm.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:30 am

Post by q21 »

Damn SensFan's luck.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:38 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

My first win as town despite being lynched Day 1 as town. Yay.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:20 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Well at least I was right pulling everyone off that Syrial wagon, it just felt scummy on so many different levels. I guess putting it on Phoebus was better then SC though

Nice win town
Co-host of The USL Show
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:37 am

Post by q21 »

Personally I tink Lama's on thread play was the best. He was closest to the mark most of the time and his ability to pick up on anything made me nervous about posting in my usual manner. I can usually be very convincing when I'm scum... but people who look that closely usually spot the bs I end up writing.

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm kind of curious both why SensFan protected me and the mafia tried to kill me night 1. I didn't think my day 1 play was all that great really.

I was pleased with my day 2 and 3 play though.

I think the entire town played a very solid game. SensFan had seriously the best doctor work I've ever seen before. Truly Impressive. LlamaFluff was pretty solid in thread all game as well, I really didn't see him as scum especially after Phoebus flipped scum.

I'm glad q21 was actually scum, because I just couldn't shake that feeling, but really had nothing to build a case on him with.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 am

Post by q21 »

We targeted you because you were playing like a roled player. On night one our final choice came down to Goatrevolt and CallMeLiam being probable roles - oddly enough both were right... we should have chosen CML though... bloody hindsight.

I was so certain you were roled that I was debating killing you night 2 even in the face of a doctor claim... eventually the fact that he might end up protecting you again and the fact that I didn't think he'd be able to protect himself were what I based the decision on.

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Yeah, it was pretty obvious SensFan couldn't protect himself. I was hoping the scum wouldn't pick up on that, but it seemed fairly likely that they would.

I don't know how you picked up on me having a role day 1. I guess subconsciously I just played different than I do as a vanilla. Was there anything specific that you could think of that made it clear? I'm really curious about that. Day 2, some of my comments and my reaction to SensFan's claim made it more clear.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 am

Post by q21 »

You were solidly town - you didn't really do anything scummy. But you also didn't do much in the way of scumhunting, attacking people or pressuring people. All in all you looked like you were trying not to attract any attention. There are generally two types of people who do this - town power roles, and scum. We knew you weren't scum... so the other option was town power role.

Its not a sure fire way of finding the power roles (not by any means) but in the absence of anything more obvious its a good place to start.

If I was town in this game you would have been someone I noted as worthy of watching and I might have challenged you on your thoughts come the beginning of day 2.

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

q21 wrote:You were solidly town - you didn't really do anything scummy. But you also didn't do much in the way of scumhunting, attacking people or pressuring people. All in all you looked like you were trying not to attract any attention. There are generally two types of people who do this - town power roles, and scum. We knew you weren't scum... so the other option was town power role.
Heh, that's much of the same thoughts I had about your play, and why I decided to track you night 1. You didn't do anything scummy, but lacked conviction in your opinions and didn't do much in terms of scum hunting.

I didn't intentionally play that way, but I think subconsciously I was thinking that I didn't want to do something stupid, get wagoned, and be forced to claim day 1. I guess I played more passively as a result.
Amor
Amor
Goon
Amor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Amor »

Good game all. Vigging me right after I replaced in was not cool though.
Show
Current Record (wins-losses-abandoned)
Town: 3-5
Scum: 2-3-1

For my thoughts on non-scum-related things, see my Twitter or my blog The Eternal Couch Potato.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:28 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

q21 wrote:Personally I tink Lama's on thread play was the best. He was closest to the mark most of the time
Well, I had dcorbe at new town so I missed that one, Phoebus I only picked up because of well, inconsitancies in playstyle and voting.

I still had TSN as my lynch prefrence, and you as second only for the fact that I had a strong town read on Syrial with neutral on you. At the end of D1 though I had Phoebus/Liam/TSN as my scum... and that really never changed although dcorbe rattled me a bit.
Co-host of The USL Show
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:44 am

Post by q21 »

Goatrevolt wrote:
q21 wrote:You were solidly town - you didn't really do anything scummy. But you also didn't do much in the way of scumhunting, attacking people or pressuring people. All in all you looked like you were trying not to attract any attention. There are generally two types of people who do this - town power roles, and scum. We knew you weren't scum... so the other option was town power role.
Heh, that's much of the same thoughts I had about your play, and why I decided to track you night 1. You didn't do anything scummy, but lacked conviction in your opinions and didn't do much in terms of scum hunting.

I didn't intentionally play that way, but I think subconsciously I was thinking that I didn't want to do something stupid, get wagoned, and be forced to claim day 1. I guess I played more passively as a result.
I don't usually play that way, as scum or town... but Lama's huge posts picking on anything scummy scared me I think.

@Lama - you also worked out that Syrial's wagon was scum driven... and the things you had wrong were because those people were scummy, not because you were being inaccurate.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”