Micro 975: The Shape of Water [END]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Day 3
Vote Count 3.03

The Bulge [3]:
Venus and Mars, Alchemist21, Creature ------
[FADE]

Venus and Mars [1]:
The Bulge

Not Voting [0]:

With
alive, it takes
to
Fade

Day 3
ends in
(expired on 2020-11-22 20:00:00)
on
November 22nd.

Mod Notes:
Last edited by Boonskiies on Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Day 3 END
The Bulge
has been
FADED
. He was a...

Spoiler:
Welcome,
The Bulge
, you are a
Mafia Goon

Abilities:

• You do nothing special.
• Your private thread is here.

Win condition:

You win when you control at least 50% of the population or if this situation can no longer be prevented.

Game thread is here. Confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.

TOWN
is
VICTORIOUS

Dead Thread

Neighborhood

Mafia Thread
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Night 1 Actions
Tayl0r Swift
-
Kills
-
Gamma Emerald
=
Target dies

Alchemist21
-
Tracker
-
The Bulge
=
Target did not go anywhere

Night 2 Actions
Infinity 324
-
Weak Friendly Neighbors
-
The Bulge
=
Infinity dies.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 895, Venus and Mars wrote:It’s probably never a wise decision to falsely accuse someone of lying about being in a hood.
nah there was only so much I had to work with lol. I thought that could have been my winning argument.

if you're saying scum can't fake paraphrase hood content, then challenge accepted :P
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

GG everyone.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 895, Venus and Mars wrote:It’s probably never a wise decision to falsely accuse someone of lying about being in a hood.
I was almost set on voting The Bulge today anyway, but it didn't hurt to be sure you weren't faking neighborhood as it should've been easy to prove.
Sigh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 903, The Bulge wrote:
nah there was only so much I had to work with lol. I thought that could have been my winning argument.

if you're saying scum can't fake paraphrase hood content, then challenge accepted :P
Sure but unless you’re FL it’s incredibly difficult to pull off convincingly if you paraphrase, which is why I wouldn’t lie about something like that regardless of alignment.

And ftr, super obvtown me is a horrible push. I have never been miselimed on this site unless I wasn’t obvtown and that was only like twice in 3 years. Scum usually does much better when they pocket me. In No Deadlines I got pocketed by the entire scumteam.

It’s just pretty much impossible to miselim me when I’m obvtown. Sorry but that’s an indisputable fact. :)

And Alchemist is super obvtown and Creature was pretty damn close.

I tr Infinity because he mindmelded with me on both Alch and Creature. So both you and Tayl0r disagreeing definitely pinged me.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 905, Creature wrote:
I was almost set on voting The Bulge today anyway, but it didn't hurt to be sure you weren't faking neighborhood as it should've been easy to prove.
That’s why I don’t lie about such things because I make up some shit and everyone can easily tell it’s fake. But before Gamma got NK’d I thought it might be all town. In No Deadlines we had an all town hood of 4 and we cannibalized each other from paranoia. :lol:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Gamma dying caused a direct line between Taylor and Nancy within the neighborhood, which is fine, but you have to be able to obv town on par with Nancy, or keep her down.

Ascetic claim was bold, but I understand the choice of it as well.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

i wanted to have my partner claim ascetic but my partner was afk.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The No Kill was good, but I think trying to turn it on Creature (not easy) or Alchemist (also not easy) would have been a play to work out better more than going for Venus. 2 scum in 1 neighborhood is a hard thing to push, but I did like the idea of the neighborhood being fake. That was a fun play, just not easy to pull off. Maybe with a less experienced playerlist, but that was a hard final 4 to deal with. Alchemist's claim could have been decredited down earlier as well, since they didn't see anything. He didn't claim the 1-shot part of his role, so there was some heat there if something could come out. That's the route I would have played.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 908, Flavor Leaf wrote:Gamma dying caused a direct line between Taylor and Nancy within the neighborhood, which is fine, but you have to be able to obv town on par with Nancy, or keep her down.

Ascetic claim was bold, but I understand the choice of it as well.
Yeah I think killing inside the hood was a bad idea. I probably wouldn’t have outed the hood otherwise but it made me paranoid about Tayl0r. And in a micro, don’t claim aesthetic.

Had Tayl0r not done that, I would have pushed for Bulge elim and Tayl0r might have gotten further but having two slots in the game that I have extensive meta on was definitely bad for scum because both Creature and Alchemist were super obvtown to me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

gg all
Me dying probably set town on the right path for all the wrong reasons lol
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

yeah the playerlist was a bit unfortunate and we made a couple errors that made it tough. still think we did okish. im surprised how much this game revolved around night-play though. i thought boon preferred dayplay.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 910, Flavor Leaf wrote:The No Kill was good, but I think trying to turn it on Creature (not easy) or Alchemist (also not easy) would have been a play to work out better more than going for Venus. 2 scum in 1 neighborhood is a hard thing to push, but I did like the idea of the neighborhood being fake. That was a fun play, just not easy to pull off. Maybe with a less experienced playerlist, but that was a hard final 4 to deal with. Alchemist's claim could have been decredited down earlier as well, since they didn't see anything. He didn't claim the 1-shot part of his role, so there was some heat there if something could come out. That's the route I would have played.
Him not claiming cleared Creature because scum!Creature 100% kills tracker Alchemist. So, it was pretty much impossible that even if I didn’t think Bulge was so obviously scummy, he would have had an extremely uphil climb.

If you read Coalition, Alch played pretty much identically to here. He fooled me in Starcraft 2 because he never got any pressure put on him. Alchemist reveals his alignment under pressure.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 913, Tayl0r Swift wrote:yeah the playerlist was a bit unfortunate and we made a couple errors that made it tough. still think we did okish. im surprised how much this game revolved around night-play though. i thought boon preferred dayplay.
Our role actually made sense with punpun’s which is something I forgot to point out, because it means at least 2 vts in the game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 910, Flavor Leaf wrote:Alchemist's claim could have been decredited down earlier as well, since they didn't see anything. He didn't claim the 1-shot part of his role, so there was some heat there if something could come out.
That's the risk I knew I was taking with my play, and tbh I was kinda surprised nobody yelled at me when I came clean about being 1-shot. Had I been pushed on it my defense would have been that I claimed a clear at mylo instead of claiming a guilty and going for the win.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Oh and not claiming to be 1-shot started out as just wanting to draw the NK. Things changed after Infinity claimed and I figured scum would never kill me over him.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 916, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 910, Flavor Leaf wrote:Alchemist's claim could have been decredited down earlier as well, since they didn't see anything. He didn't claim the 1-shot part of his role, so there was some heat there if something could come out.
That's the risk I knew I was taking with my play, and tbh I was kinda surprised nobody yelled at me when I came clean about being 1-shot. Had I been pushed on it my defense would have been that I claimed a clear at mylo instead of claiming a guilty and going for the win.
Well, I wasn’t ever voting you and there’s nothing scummy about doing that. Town fakeclaims stuff like that all the time. Claiming a 1 - shot would have opened the door for scum to push Creature. His thinking you weren’t a 1 -shot was what cleared him.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 917, Alchemist21 wrote:Oh and not claiming to be 1-shot started out as just wanting to draw the NK. Things changed after Infinity claimed and I figured scum would never kill me over him.
Yeah, scum!Bulge had no choice because any NK, would have confiscumed him. I was extremely worried he would rb Infinity. Who knows what would have happened then?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I wasn't worried about the roleblock because scum already had a flipped ascetic and it doesn't make sense for scum to have both.

In that scenario I don't think much would change. We'd still be coming into the Day with scum believing I'd have a hard clear on Creature because I would see he visited nobody, so scum couldn't push him as the roleblocker, and it comes down to whether we believe infinity's claim of being blocked or not. If we do it likely goes to a Bulge fade anyway, and if we don't we still have the room to misfade and probably have a 3-player endgame of Creature, Bulge, and you. There's room for Bulge to win there given Creature's paranoia of the hood claim, but it's still more likely Town wins that because it would probably play out the same way this Day did.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 913, Tayl0r Swift wrote:yeah the playerlist was a bit unfortunate and we made a couple errors that made it tough. still think we did okish. im surprised how much this game revolved around night-play though. i thought boon preferred dayplay.
I would say it still is dayplay because setup wise, none of the PR’s really matter because you’re Ascetic. There’s the trio of the neighbor, the trio of the 3 Vanilla. The possibility for a protected kill with N2 BP, No Kill Gambit, and Bunyip.

It’s always going to be a 2 day or 3 day game depending on how well scum do. If scum get 2 misfades, they essentially win Day 2 bar a protect.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I don’t believe any of the Night Actions really mattered this game, to be honest.

I was happy with this setup. Not a lot of 8 player ones out there.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

yeah i guess it was more the choices we made that made the PRs more relevant. oops.

well it was fun. well played town and thanks boon
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

You basically played Day 1 alone, so it wasn’t like it was easy.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”