Dattebayo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Dattebayo »

EBWOP:
Llama isn't making it into a great lead and
[just]
wants to use it as a way to get reactions.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:51 am

Post by XReyoX »

FlyingFoxBat (2): FlyingFoxBat, Phoebus
Cavebear with a toothache (2): Gimbo, Slaine Hayes
LlamaFluff (2): skitzer, Gojira
#44 (1): LlamaFluff
Gimbo (1): Corinthian
Phoebus (1): #44
Slaine Hayes (1): Cavebear with a toothache
Gojira (1): Dattebayo

Not voting (1): Tommy

7 votes to lynch
FlyingFoxBat
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
FlyingFoxBat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:33 am

Post by FlyingFoxBat »

Gimbo wrote:also FlyingFoxBat, why are you voting for yourself?
I voted for myself in the random vote stage of the game. I am at L- 5 at this point, so there is no need to unvote myself just yet.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:02 am

Post by skitzer »

I usually unvote after the first few votecounts (or in this case, the first few), but I'm pretty comfortable with my vote.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Gimbo »

FOS:Dattebayo

just a bad hunch
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Cavebear with a toothache
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Unvote.

Seems random phase is over, goody.
Gojira wrote:'Scummy' behaviour is often to try and make the metaphorical mountain out of a molehill, to exxagerate the importance of an insignificant thing in order to convince the town to lynch an innocent.
Yep, that seems to fit your vote on LlamaFluff pretty good.
Vote: Gojira

Gojira wrote:My reasoning here is that he's jumping on something that occurs in every game (as far as I'm aware)
Just a minor point; it doesn't. At least not by everyone (there are probably someone randomly voting in pretty much every game except maybe some small one). Some people get jumpy when people don't though (case in point: my first game on the site), so it's commonly done. Plus as I said before, can be useful to hide info, esp. after a night start.
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Corinthian »

cavebear wrote:
gojira wrote:
'Scummy' behaviour is often to try and make the metaphorical mountain out of a molehill, to exxagerate the importance of an insignificant thing in order to convince the town to lynch an innocent.
QFT. I think the people jumping on the Llamawagon look a lot scummier than Llama himself at this point.
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

I wholeheartedly agree with Corinthian, this situation has been taken completely out of context.
Gojira
Gojira
Townie
Gojira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by Gojira »

Cavebear with a toothache wrote:
Gojira wrote:'Scummy' behaviour is often to try and make the metaphorical mountain out of a molehill, to exxagerate the importance of an insignificant thing in order to convince the town to lynch an innocent.
*shrug* As I said, the art's distinguishing what's genuine and what's scum. I'm just following up on my initial lead. If I'm convinced otherwise or see something better, I'll shift my focus.
Cavebear with a toothache wrote:
Gojira wrote:My reasoning here is that he's jumping on something that occurs in every game (as far as I'm aware)
Just a minor point; it doesn't. At least not by everyone (there are probably someone randomly voting in pretty much every game except maybe some small one). Some people get jumpy when people don't though (case in point: my first game on the site), so it's commonly done. Plus as I said before, can be useful to hide info, esp. after a night start.
Interesting. I'll go and do some reading of other games - could you let us know what game you refer to, so I can go and have a look? I assumed that random voting was both common and commonly accepted, but if I'm proved wrong...
Gojira
Gojira
Townie
Gojira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Gojira »

Oh, and;
Dattebayo wrote:EBWOP:
[just]
Fairly sure that's what I'm trying to do. Putting a second vote on at 7 to lynch is not 'omg he's definitely scum', it's more indicating where my suspicions lie, possibly creating a bit of pressure as well shou.ld people agree with me and add a couple more.
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

Gimbo, there must be some reason for your "hunch". Could you explain where your hunch came from?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

skitzer wrote:I usually unvote after the first few votecounts (or in this case, the first few), but I'm pretty comfortable with my vote.
Gimbo wrote:
FOS:Dattebayo

just a bad hunch
Care to elaborate?
Gojira wrote:Oh, and;
Dattebayo wrote:EBWOP:
[just]
Fairly sure that's what I'm trying to do. Putting a second vote on at 7 to lynch is
not 'omg he's definitely scum',
it's more indicating where my suspicions lie, possibly
creating a bit of pressure as well shou.ld people agree with me and add a couple more.
First off, Dattebayo basically has it right. It is something that I feel strongly about, but it also is a great way to obtain reactions from people, much like FFB is doing with his selfvote.

Im not too sure these bolded parts line up too well. You first say you aren’t calling me a high suspect, then you continue by saying that you seem to want people to vote me. So my question to you: Am I scum? Why?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Gojira
Gojira
Townie
Gojira
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Gojira »

LlamaFluff wrote:You first say you aren’t calling me a high suspect, then you continue by saying that you seem to want people to vote me. So my question to you: Am I scum? Why?
Perhaps I could have been clearer, there: I'm not saying more people should vote you. I'm simply saying that a second vote won't create a huge amount of pressure on its own.

To answer your question; maybe. I'm by no means convinced, but I'm not saying you're not, either. I'm finding the overreaction a tad suspicious, and am following through on that with a vote, primarily as a means of quantifiably indicating my suspicion.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Gojira wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:You first say you aren’t calling me a high suspect, then you continue by saying that you seem to want people to vote me.
Perhaps I could have been clearer, there:
I'm not saying more people should vote you
. I'm simply saying that a second vote won't create a huge amount of pressure on its own.
Gojira wrote:I don't think it's neccesarily pro-town intentions... 'Scummy' behaviour is often to try and make the metaphorical mountain out of a molehill, to exxagerate the importance of an insignificant thing in order to convince the town to lynch an innocent... I'm just following up on my initial lead. .. you're making far too much of a big deal out of it, I think…
To me this does not really sound like the words of someone who doesnt want support in their vote. Even a vote with no explaination signifies strong feeling towards a player, especially once we are out of the random stage which I belive your vote was the start of.

My inital vote as accomplished what it was intended to though at this point so I will
unvote
and
FoS Gojira and Gimbo

@Gimbo - You have been seemingly active but still far under the radar to me. Post 44 you start suspecting me and FFB which I find a bit interesting since you jump on both the people trying to stimulate discussion with odd moves, then in 54 you start suspecting Dattebayo for a hunch.

What are your opinions on me, FFB and Dattebayo now? And I want more then a hunch.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by Slaine Hayes »

It is interesting to note that the one who started this argument, #44, hasn't posted his thoughts. Maybe he just hasn't been on the site, or maybe he is letting us battle it out.
Unvote

FoS:#44

Most of the players are inactive actually, I would like to hear everyone's opinions on the game so far.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:09 pm

Post by XReyoX »

FlyingFoxBat (2): FlyingFoxBat, Phoebus
Gojira (2): Dattebayo, Cavebear with a toothache
LlamaFluff (2): skitzer, Gojira
Gimbo (1): Corinthian
Phoebus (1): #44
Cavebear with a toothache (1): Gimbo

Not voting (3): Tommy, LlamaFluff, Slaine Hayes

7 votes to lynch
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:56 am

Post by Cavebear with a toothache »

Gojira wrote:Interesting. I'll go and do some reading of other games - could you let us know what game you refer to, so I can go and have a look? I assumed that random voting was both common and commonly accepted, but if I'm proved wrong...
No, it is common and commonly accepted to randomly vote, but that doesn't stop people from not doing it. :) Every now and then I see someone publically not randomly voting. Anyway, link to my newbie game where I get a "non-random" vote for not randomly voting. It was a bit more complicated than that, but on the surface, that's what happened. I can't think of any other game off the top of my head, but they shouldn't be that hard to find.
Slaine wrote:Most of the players are inactive actually, I would like to hear everyone's opinions on the game so far.
I wouldn't worry too much about inactivity in this game, what with bolts of lightning striking lurkers and that. :) Anyway, it's a bit early in the game to form solid opinions, and pretty much only the Gojira-Llamafluff thing stands out as interesting to me.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:48 am

Post by Gimbo »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Gojira wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:You first say you aren’t calling me a high suspect, then you continue by saying that you seem to want people to vote me.
Perhaps I could have been clearer, there:
I'm not saying more people should vote you
. I'm simply saying that a second vote won't create a huge amount of pressure on its own.
Gojira wrote:I don't think it's neccesarily pro-town intentions... 'Scummy' behaviour is often to try and make the metaphorical mountain out of a molehill, to exxagerate the importance of an insignificant thing in order to convince the town to lynch an innocent... I'm just following up on my initial lead. .. you're making far too much of a big deal out of it, I think…
To me this does not really sound like the words of someone who doesnt want support in their vote. Even a vote with no explaination signifies strong feeling towards a player, especially once we are out of the random stage which I belive your vote was the start of.

My inital vote as accomplished what it was intended to though at this point so I will
unvote
and
FoS Gojira and Gimbo

@Gimbo - You have been seemingly active but still far under the radar to me. Post 44 you start suspecting me and FFB which I find a bit interesting since you jump on both the people trying to stimulate discussion with odd moves, then in 54 you start suspecting Dattebayo for a hunch.

What are your opinions on me, FFB and Dattebayo now? And I want more then a hunch.
I feel like you are all fluff and no content. Its like the 3 of you are playing your little game within this game. But its not substantiated and this is how I play, I give out alot of FoSes, don't freak over it, if you do, its gonna be more than just a FoS, lol, it's gonna be my vote you're getting.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:05 am

Post by skitzer »

My vote is on LlamaFluff because I do feel like he overreacted a bit. And I don't like how Slaine Hayes and Corinthian thought the people on the "llamawagon" are scummy, when there is only two people.

FoS: Slaine Hayes and Corinthian
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Slaine Hayes »

skitzer wrote:My vote is on LlamaFluff because I do feel like he overreacted a bit. And I don't like how Slaine Hayes and Corinthian thought the people on the "llamawagon" are scummy, when there is only two people.

FoS: Slaine Hayes and Corinthian
I never said anything about thinking people on the llamawagon were scummy..... On the contrary, I think they aren't.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 am

Post by skitzer »

Corinthian wrote:
cavebear wrote:
gojira wrote:
'Scummy' behaviour is often to try and make the metaphorical mountain out of a molehill, to exxagerate the importance of an insignificant thing in order to convince the town to lynch an innocent.
QFT. I think the people jumping on the Llamawagon look a lot scummier than Llama himself at this point.
Slaine Hayes wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with Corinthian, this situation has been taken completely out of context.
Then what about this?
Slaine Hayes
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Slaine Hayes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:16 am

Post by Slaine Hayes »

skitzer wrote:
Corinthian wrote:
cavebear wrote:
gojira wrote:
Slaine Hayes wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with Corinthian, this situation has been taken completely out of context.
Then what about this?
I was just saying all the parties involved got just a little overexcited and that it was taken out of context, doesn't mean anyone is scummy.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:20 am

Post by skitzer »

OK...

unvote, UnFoS: Corinthian
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Phoebus »

It will be a while yet while I can actually get to this game.
sorry.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:07 am

Post by Gimbo »

Hi, I'm scum, kill me now.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia