Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Noraa »

unforgivable tbh
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 48, Noraa wrote:literally if you have confidence on one muse's color, it's 50-50. Can you really not tell which one pushed which person more? like i dont see a scenario where im given a scum role pm, the names of my scum team, and the muses and i cant figure out who is who. like i dont see it.
If mafia are following this logic, then potentially all it takes for town to avoid this condition is for one muse to get lucky and have a single correct scumread other than the one they know about.

I firmly believe you're oversimplifying things and that if I were scum, I would not feel nearly this confident in piecing colors together.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 51, implosion wrote:for one muse to get lucky and have a single correct scumread
but even then, the process to getting the other scumread will be clear because they weren't GIVEN the information
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Noraa »

i dont think i am oversimplifying things. knowing who the scum team is is a HUGE advantage and i absolutely think the fact that there is a scum pt at all completely cancels out any benefit muse roles bring.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Noraa »

sigh i dont know. i guess maybe this setup would be really easy for scum me because i know i could tell from tone. like there is no way my tone detector wouldn't be able to get the secondary win condition as scum if i knew which players were muses.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by implosion »

My point is that if the muses bring no benefit at all, we are absolutely fucked, because it's 3:8 mountainous. So we need to take advantage of them in *some* capacity.

Do you think this setup is just ultra scumsided, if you think that the muses on net aren't actually bringing any benefit?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Noraa »

it all depends on towns overall scumcatching ability but i do think this is extremely scum sided personally
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 47, implosion wrote:The reason I say there's very little cost to a single merlin claiming without color is that from a pure numbers perspective, the odds of scum getting it correct shift from 1/60 (negligible) to 1/36 (also negligible) assuming no one else claims for the rest of the game. Even taking into account that scum have all of the information of all our ISOs at their disposal, I still see that cost as trivial for the benefit.

In other news: why the FoS on furtiveglance?
I think a Merlin revealing should be held off on until later
Also, I don’t rlly have the words to express my initial thought rn so I’ll just say furtive’s entrance felt awkward
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: fae/faer + she/her

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by butterflies »

I'm actually going to support implosions post here.

We play smart we potentially dodge a mislim.

anyway am knackered, will post more later.

-butterFlea
hydra of
Flea the Magician (fae/faer)
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 57, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, I don’t rlly have the words to express my initial thought rn so I’ll just say furtive’s entrance felt awkward
This bit feels awkward.

And it's my first game with Gamma in a while, which is funny because my GE paranoia has stuck.

Anyway a suspicion, even this early, without a vote sends alarms.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 59, Galron wrote:
In post 57, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, I don’t rlly have the words to express my initial thought rn so I’ll just say furtive’s entrance felt awkward
This bit feels awkward.

And it's my first game with Gamma in a while, which is funny because my GE paranoia has stuck.

Anyway a suspicion, even this early, without a vote sends alarms.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
In post 26, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 22, furtiveglance wrote:This is my first non-Newbie game, I think this setup is magic. To everyone claiming Merlin, I am not aMused.
VOTE: furtiveglance
Gamma did vote.

~ butterDrew
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Galron »

Ahh.. thanks. That's evidence of my Gamma paranoia.

VOTE: umlaut

Umlaut pinged me first page or two.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Galron »

Now that I read it again it doesn't look so bad, but I'll leave it alone for now.
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:50 pm

Post by butterflies »

ISOing both Gamma and umlaut, Gamma sounds a bit better.

~butterDrew
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 63, butterflies wrote:ISOing both Gamma and umlaut, Gamma sounds a bit better.

~butterDrew
Why you consider just two people?
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:07 pm

Post by ProgoWoshua »

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I don't know what Noraa is talking about, implosion's logic is sound. Implosion's conclusion isn't "All three muses should claim right now", but "muses should claim if it benefits Town". In most situations, only one muse would have to claim, which isn't too awful.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:17 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:23 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 64, Enchant wrote:
In post 63, butterflies wrote:ISOing both Gamma and umlaut, Gamma sounds a bit better.

~butterDrew
Why you consider just two people?
I’m not, I’m not locking in any vote yet. It’s more like who I don’t want to vote for than whom I do.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:33 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 66, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.
The “main” game? We’re only playing ONE game. Are you actually suggesting that they claim outright? I think I’m starting to understand why some people aren’t vibing with your posts.

So how did town lose the game? Are you planning to explain this?

This post isn’t making any sense, anyone else think this?

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:37 am

Post by butterflies »

VOTE: furtiveglance
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:23 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 66, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.
This post also flagged to me so I'm supporting the vote.

We have 2 miselimimations, there's no wiggle room there.

Each game is different with different factors - the players being a big variable shift. Me, I can't guess guess crap. I'd have no chance so I would be pushing the primary goal, not the secondary.

Which makes me wonder about you, first game out of newbies means players like me you're going to have no clue how to read or interpret, given I'm also in a hydra with the lovely Nancy that's going to make this slot a nightmare for you to solve regardless as hydras can be tricky to read.

So, I'm going to throw you a bone here. Forget the previous game, as this one is a different game with different players with different strengths.
Do you have any early suspicions?
Do you have any early town reads?
If this is your first time against a hydra, which one of us do you think will be easier to read?

- £!3 ButterFlea
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:47 am

Post by butterflies »

So of everyone who’s posted thus far, three slots have pinged me: Gamma, Umlaut and most recently furtive. Of the three, I have extensive meta on Gamma and when I compare his posting here with uPick!Anything for example, he feels different. In that game, he wasn’t really trying to solve and was basically pretty spammy.

Umlaut: Still not a fan but calling Gamma out for the unconfirmed vote, makes me a bit hesitant.

furtive: Unlike Titus and Noraa, I don’t and still don’t see anything particularly pinging about his opening post but the second one otoh, I find somewhat concerning. He discusses “strategy” but the only strategy I glean from his post is that Merlin(S) plural claiming is somehow beneficial for town because in a previous incarnation of this setup, town lost despite scum having no clue who the Merlins were. Just because town lost in a previous installment of this game, despite scum not correctly guessing the Merlins, doesn’t mean that more than one Merlin claiming is a good strategy. I also find the whole “main” game emphasis thing kind’ve odd.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 33, implosion wrote:Good morning.

I don't see why that post from furtive is suspicious.
Agree with this, I found it more awkward-person awkward than scum awkward

A lot of mech talk from implo, none of it bad per se but personally I plan to just play Mafia and plan to win that way instead of over worrying about who is a muse. Why can't the muses just push good cases on scum without having to say who they are?

Furt, would like you to clarify what you mean by suggesting muses claim outright, because obviously they shouldn't all do that unless I am misunderstanding something.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 71, butterflies wrote:So of everyone who’s posted thus far, three slots have pinged me: Gamma, Umlaut and most recently furtive. Of the three, I have extensive meta on Gamma and when I compare his posting here with uPick!Anything for example, he feels different. In that game, he wasn’t really trying to solve and was basically pretty spammy.

Umlaut: Still not a fan but calling Gamma out for the unconfirmed vote, makes me a bit hesitant.
VOTE: butterflies

This "read" on me is nonsense. It's made when I have all of four one-line posts, three of which are RVS shitposts and the fourth of which is the one you like (calling out Gamma). Tell me what exactly you are not a fan of.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 73, Umlaut wrote:
In post 71, butterflies wrote:So of everyone who’s posted thus far, three slots have pinged me: Gamma, Umlaut and most recently furtive. Of the three, I have extensive meta on Gamma and when I compare his posting here with uPick!Anything for example, he feels different. In that game, he wasn’t really trying to solve and was basically pretty spammy.

VOTE: butterflies

This "read" on me is nonsense. It's made when I have all of four one-line posts, three of which are RVS shitposts and the fourth of which is the one you like (calling out Gamma). Tell me what exactly you are not a fan of.
Until now, you hadn’t really done anything. I don’t see why you scumread me for that. And I wasn’t even the only one who felt that way, so I don’t understand what about my post bothers you in particular. I’m not even currently voting you.

~Nancyfly
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly

Return to “Completed Open Games”