(deceased players)

Miho Ramirez ~ Cryp Crowns ~ NPC ~ unaligned
kuribo ~ Cryp Crowns ~ snitch (modified godfather) ~ anti-town
fhqwhgads ~ Vato Loco Boys ~ gangster (mason) ~ pro-town
christiano drago ~ Gangland PD ~ corrupt policeman (mafia goon) ~ anti-town
SCAM ~ not affiliated ~ hood rat (vanilla townie) ~ pro-town
vollkan ~ not affiliated ~ hood rat (vanilla townie) ~ pro-town
Riceballtail ~ not affiliated ~ hood rat (vanilla townie) ~ pro-town
Farkshinsoup ~ not affiliated ~ investigative reporter (modified cop) ~ pro-town
Mariyta ~ Gangland PD ~ corrupt policeman (mafia goon) ~ anti-town

Gangland Light Rail
(links)

Begining of Day One
Final Vote Count of Day One
Begining of Day Two
Final Vote Count of Day Two
Begining of Day 3
Final Vote Count of Day Three
Begining of Day Four

Model Citizen
(sample role PM)

You are a
Hood Rat
(vanilla townie).

You are unarmed and have no special abilities.

You must use your mind and your vote to make the neighborhood safe again. Your alignment is pro-town. You win the game when all threats to the town have been eliminated. You need not be alive to win.

Please confirm by PM to inform me that you have received your role. Once all players have confirmed, day one will begin.
Last edited by Ythill on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:50 am, edited 36 times in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Ythill »

Gangland Mafia Rules

General Rules
  1. The following rules are not open to negotiation. They will be enforced with replacement, modkill, or rampant belittling in front of your friends as deemed appropriate by the mod. All moderator rulings are final. Whining will get you nowhere.
  2. These rules will be used for all games that I moderate. If you believe that the rules have given you a clue about the set-up, you are on drugs.
  3. This game is meant to be fun for all involved. Don’t be an asshole. That said, this is also a game about arguing. So don’t be overly sensitive. I will not intervene in disagreements unless I am asked to.
  4. Don’t second guess the mod. If I have not explicitly stated that something is true, then it is not guaranteed.
  5. I am not perfect. If I have made a mistake, let me know. Pointing out a vote count error or something of the sort is not considered whining (see above).
  6. Do not talk about this game outside of the thread unless your role PM says otherwise (and then only at night). If another player contacts you about this game outside the thread, you must report them to me immediately by PM or you are guilty of breaking this rule.
  7. If your role PM contradicts any of these rules, the PM takes precedence. Rules delivered by role PM are as non-negotiable as those given here.
Timeline and Deadlines
  1. Day refers to the period when the thread is unlocked. Each day will continue until deadline or until a majority vote indicates a lynch. All living players may post in the thread during Day.
  2. Twilight refers to the time between the final vote that indicates a lynch and the time when I lock the thread. All living players may post in the thread during twilight. The person lynched may make one “final words” post after the last vote is logged but before Night. This post is not required to be content neutral.
  3. Night refers to any time when the thread is locked. Players authorized (in their role PMs) to communicate with one another outside the thread may only do so at night. To be counted, all night actions must be sent during night.
  4. The first day (D1) will have an automatic deadline of four weeks. Subsequent days will have an automatic deadline of three weeks. If a majority does not decide on a lynch by deadline, no lynch will occur.
  5. Each night will have a deadline of 96 hours. If a night choice is not sent in by the deadline, the related action will not occur.
  6. Deadlines are not negotiable. There will be no extensions. Period.
Activity Levels, Prods, and Replacements
  1. You signed up to play this game. Your presence is a requirement. Lurking is not a viable strategy.
  2. Every player is
    expected
    to post daily. Every player is
    required
    to post at least once every 72 hours, except in a case where notice is given (see below).
  3. If you foresee that you will be absent from the game for a period of more than 72 hours, please post a note saying as much in the thread. To be considered valid, this note must include your expected date of return. If the term of your absence is unreasonable, you will be replaced immediately.
  4. Players who fail to post in a 72 hour period without giving notice will qualify for a prod. Prods will be sent at the request of any other player and, in extreme circumstances, may be sent independently by the mod.
  5. Any player who fails to pick up a prod within an additional 48 hours will be replaced immediately. Any player who requires more than one prod during any day phase will be replaced if he qualifies for a third prod during that same day phase. Any player who requires more than four prods overall will be replaced when he qualifies for a fifth.
  6. Any player who qualifies for inactivity replacement while continuing to post regularly on other areas of the site will be mod-killed instead of being replaced.
  7. No player may replace back into the game after dying.
Voting and Lynches
  1. Unless his role PM states otherwise, any player may vote during the day phase. The purpose of the vote is to determine who is to be lynched. You may vote for any player, including yourself. You may also vote for “no lynch.”
  2. To be counted, votes must be posted in bold and conform to the following format:
    vote: player’s name
    . Votes placed inside block quotes will not be counted. Votes posted with special formatting other than bold (such as color tags or area tags) will not be counted.
  3. Unless his role PM states otherwise, each player may vote for only one player (or no lynch) at a time.
  4. You may unvote at any time. To do so, post:
    unvote
    . It is not required that you unvote before changing your vote to another player, but it is appreciated.
  5. Votes with misspelled or abbreviated names will be counted, so long as I can determine (without a doubt) whom the vote refers to.
  6. If, at any time, the vote results in a majority, a lynch will occur. The game will move immediately to twilight. After majority has been reached, no amount of unvoting will prevent the lynch. For the purposes of this game, “majority” means
    more than one half of the living players
    . For example, seven living players requires a majority of four to lynch. Six living players also requires a majority of four.
  7. If twilight occurs because of a deadline, there will be no lynch. Votes made during twilight will not be counted.
  8. Votes will be counted routinely. A vote count will be edited into the top post of every page. Vote counts will also include information on the deadline and how many votes are required to lynch.
  9. Everyone will be treated as if he unvoted at the beginning of each day.
Post Guidelines
  1. Post in English. Posting in code is not allowed.
  2. You may use special formatting as you see fit, except that spoiler tags and invisible text are not allowed. Also, don’t use special formatting in a way the impersonates the mod.
  3. If you are posting a prod request or other note addressed to me, please do so in bold. This is more of a guideline than a rule. If you ignore it and I miss your note, it’s your fault.
  4. You may only quote (with block quotes) text that appears elsewhere in this thread. If you want to quote an external source, use quotation marks. Do not quote (or pretend to quote) moderator PMs in any format, though you may paraphrase them.
  5. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread.
  6. Once you’re dead, stop posting. Please refrain from making “bah” posts although players killed by lynch may make one "final words" post during twilight (see above).
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Ythill »

Gangland.

It’s not a city but, rather, the stinking heart of every city. It thrives where pot-holes outnumber trees, where the mill-stacks belch their smog, dimming and yellowing the sun. Cities are built on dreams but somewhere, between the burnt out shells of old buildings and the dilapidated housing projects that are erected when they finally fall, those dreams have lost their glint so that only nightmare remains.

This is my world, my hell.

I awake each morning in a run down, ten-by-twelve flat. Perched high on the seventh floor, it is my fortress. Far below, past piss-stained hallways thick with the wails of unattended babies, the mean streets promise only bloodshed and despair. Down there, kids too young to shave have swaddled themselves in gang colors and stand in shadowed alleys, slinging hubbas and dreaming of the glory promised by the rappers that are their only idols. They strut amongst prostitutes and hustlers; the homeless, the hopeless, the hellbound.

I open the door cautiously, wrinkling my nose at the stench. There, on a once-floral mat, the morning paper waits faithfully. It is my guardian, my guide, my crystal ball. I lift it reverently, retreating behind three locks to the safety of my sagging bed. There, fingers blackened by the ink, I sit and smoke and read.

Another death in gangland. The victim is young, male, Hispanic, decked out in a blue rag and flannel. The photograph shows him smiling in his prime but I can see through it, see him sprawled out in the mini-mart parking lot, only shock and fear left on his stiffening face. There’s a tattoo on his neck: a scepter superimposed over the letter C. It marks him as a member of the Cryp Crowns, one of the most dangerous cliques in gangland, but his eyes remind me that he was only a child.

The article says that the police are powerless, under-funded. It says they have no suspects, no witnesses, and no leads. The story never changes. The press, the cops, the bangers themselves: all would have us believe that Gangland is eternal.

I believe differently. I see how all of them profit from our pain. I see the parts they play. From this high window, through the scope of my old M-1, I see a lot of things.

Sometimes the only way to fight fire is with fire. Someone must act to stop this frenzy of senselessness. That someone might as well be me.

Day one begins!

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Vote kuribo

First on the list.

Hi Tekk.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by vollkan »

Vote: SCAM
. The "A" is just a "U" in disguise.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

VOTE:Riceballtail

Being the last one to confirm. Seriously now.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vote: Vollkan
for not playing with him in a long time
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
christiano drago
christiano drago
Goon
christiano drago
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by christiano drago »

vote: Tekkactus
because I don't much like the name :(.
As Town - W0 L0 D0
As Scum - W0 L1 D0
Still Playing [2]
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by fhqwhgads »

vote:Farkshinsoup
for being an eager beaver.
Tekkactus
Tekkactus
Goon
Tekkactus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by Tekkactus »

christiano drago wrote:
vote: Tekkactus
because I don't much like the name :(.
Hey now! :(

Vote: klebian
I'm on to you, you bastard.

(Hi Fark.)
"Witty quote."
SCAM
SCAM
Townie
SCAM
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:43 pm

Post by SCAM »

ok so guys.

tonight i was really drunk.

and i decided that the number 7 wasnt really that lucky after all.

fuck the number 7

as a matter of fact that shit isnt cool.

i think that i have lost some shit because of seven

also seven abused me as a child and touched my vajayjay

fuck it

Vote: Klebian

for being 7th on the list.

fuck you
"Despite a lifetime of service to the cause of sexual liberation, I have never caught venereal disease, which makes me feel rather like an Arctic explorer who has never had frostbite."
-Germaine Greer
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:19 am

Post by vollkan »

The great irony with the above is that it's 7 to lynch :roll:
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:27 am

Post by Empking »

I think the rules have given me a clue to the set-up. I don't think their are any day masons.

Vote: Scam
Because Volkan made me laugh out loud.

Moderator EditNice try. But check out General Rules #7 and then share your drugs. :wink:
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:51 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

SCAM, are you quagmire?
Inquiring minds want to know. :P
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:12 am

Post by kuribo »

Vote: Empking
because it's always a good idea.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:17 am

Post by kuribo »

And also,
raises The Peoples' Eyebrow
at everyone who's thrown a second vote on during the random vote phase. A little early for bussing, isn't it?

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Empking »

Its important that at least some people put second votes on or the random voting stage doesn't help the game to progress.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:53 am

Post by kuribo »

Empking wrote:Its important that at least some people put second votes on or the random voting stage doesn't help the game to progress.

This is sorta true, but not for the reasons you think:

It can be an early indicator of scum trying to distance themselves from one another, buddying up, and so on.

fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:06 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Luckily I bussed on vote 1.

Oh, did I say that out loud?

:P
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Empking »

Is that avatar straight from the comic?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
fhqwhgads
fhqwhgads
Goon
fhqwhgads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:25 am

Post by fhqwhgads »

Yeah, with some minor editing. Why?
Avoiding votes by means of the spelling of my name.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Empking »

You're not allowed to do that.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Come on fhqwhgads, I see you jockin' me. Tryin' to play like you know me. :twisted:
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Empking »

My mind tells me its an act.

My heart tells me to
Unvote Vote: fhqwhgads
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:33 am

Post by kuribo »

Empking wrote:My mind tells me its an act.
*sigh* I see experience has taught you nothing.

your mind tells you WHAT'S an act?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”