Mini 2274: Terminator: Salvation Game Over!

Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1398, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1397, Vivax wrote:
In post 1384, Aisa wrote:
Spoiler:
Finally, some thoughts on what Vivax has done in this thread:
- I like this post:
Spoiler: quote
In post 1085, Vivax wrote:
In post 1081, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1067, Aisa wrote:Nooo Fidget :cry:

I've waited 24 hours to say this so it hits a little less hard now, but to any pals from my PT who are reading and Gamma, that CSF flip was an emotional rollercoaster hahaha.

p-edit: lol Enchant wait till you see our PT

Our order of lims and deaths was
Day 1 -> NAHA
Night 1 -> Loki/Freedom
Day 2 -> CSF
Night 2 -> Fidget
Yeah
Pretty sure Vivax is town based on both NAHA and CSF going after Toog
Before I head out I'd like to add that the conclusion is correct, but it's also an easy type of post to make as mafia. You should be more wary of scum bussing so this feels like it lacks paranoia about my slot and just echoes the sentiment of the last page.
In other words, you go to toast pile for it.

- There are
a lot
of jokes in his ISO. Initially I wanted to make a list of all his posts that were jokes but I gave up.

-
Sussed ejjinami for that post about the Mafia PT. I still think this ought to be slightly +town, much to my dismay

Spoiler:
- Pushes Gamma then says "next time you're town and I call you mafia don't overreact like this", then I ask him if he agrees Gamma and I are town, he says he has to think about it. Maybe playstyle, but eh, maybe there's a bit of inconsistency there
- "Apparently Enchant floats the notion that there's 2 confirmed town [...] I don't know who he means exactly" oof not sure I buy this in retrospect
- "Will compromise with people willing to compromise" followed by RR vote: I didn't say this but this did strike me as possibly scummy at the time.
- I don't want to look at the discussion we had about "undigging that discussion with the two PTs" again because I am still not sure I understand
- He starts by saying JohnnyFarrar seems scummy, at some point he "wrote off" Johnny as a scumread but it's not clear why

Maybe the best way to summarise my thoughts is that it's not clear he is trying to solve the game. I understand he has explained this with not wanting to effort / not wanting to overthink it, but at some point I have to assess whether he's using this as a convenient excuse and I think he may be.

Also want feedback on this if people feel like it
I am in fact
so
blatantly townie that it sends attentive players into outright dismay and despair when they realize that. Many fingernails were chewed in the making of this game.
Typical scum overbrag.

Town doesn’t have to brag.

Town just is.
Truly spoken like someone who doesn't care how I play as either alignment.
We can add that to the reasons that make you mafia: You are implying to know meta about me that you don't.
I will quote a post of mine from a recent town game on mafia universe, and there are many more instances of my confident writing as town around:

Spoiler:
This game is like talking to a wall for a big part. Maybe it's community specific but I hope not, only few players play reactive and engaging enough for my taste. Probably there's a few beginners in here too, I could think of ZZ because he's a very shy poster (shy and yes, mafia) who got protected by niph for reasons unknown to me, but I don't think niph is mafia.

There's like a bunch of weird circles that almost only talk to each other: The usual swedish triad, then beagle and enix seem to know each other somewhat, but I wouldn't say they only talk between themselves.
Hard to say where kuro fits, but gave me a honest impression he's looking at the right places.

I don't know where to place aphelios, but from a cursory look at other games, they always play like this, just posting more.

If I had to pick three people I'd trust the most purely tone wise (even though Beagle gave me a few hmmm moments), it'd be kuro, Beagle and cape90.
I'll probably try to vote with them if no one sees how Zug and Swedish are mafia further on.

Penguin so far was the most receptive of the three, so I'd be open to voting the other two today. Would be good play considering Zergon died.

[another player's quote, then I answer to them]

I tend to start off the games like that, it's more or less my town character (you could call it being arrogant or being a pompous arse, either is fine, and I agree).

I could see why someone could take it..personally when playing with me for the first time. To me it's just part of the joke when getting into character for the game, also tends to make mafia evasive or dismissive towards me, while townies could get triggered, which also would tell me they are town.
I build in the occasional joke to make it clear...No, I'm not angry (but the mafia can think that).

You could look at how Beagle handled it vs Skumbag. Skumbag just flat out refused to answer some questions about his Egix scumread, because he knows he can as nobody besides me is pressuring him on expanding on that.

Beagle on the other hand fell out of character to try to convince me that Skumbag towntelled (to which I disagree), and when faced with adversity, said I was trying to be difficult (also correct), but he remained calm and that didn't change his read on me. I read that as townie. I'd probably also read it as townie if someone called me a pompous arse in response to a provocation fwiw.

Need to run off to work. Hope to see some more activity on the return.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Enchant »

It's surely not different person?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Vivax »

I'm almost embarrassed at myself for going into self-meta from a patently false statement that town doesn't have to brag. Many players love to brag about their performance and that doesn't make them mafia.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1402, Vivax wrote:I'm almost embarrassed at myself for going into self-meta from a patently false statement that town doesn't have to brag. Many players love to brag about their performance and that doesn't make them mafia.
Scum over brag.

Not that town doesn’t.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1403, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1402, Vivax wrote:I'm almost embarrassed at myself for going into self-meta from a patently false statement that town doesn't have to brag. Many players love to brag about their performance and that doesn't make them mafia.
Scum over brag.

Not that town doesn’t.
Averaging down now are we
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1404, Vivax wrote:
In post 1403, MathBlade wrote:
Scum over brag.

Not that town doesn’t.
Averaging down now are we
Repeating to avoid your misrep
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by Vivax »

I'm quite disappointed that I can't find a waving flag of Pi.gif to characterize your...flexibility in your convictions to not call it another way. But all I run into on google is polyamory flags. Maybe that's your gimmick though, because you're just trying to pocket everyone in the game.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by Vivax »

*crickets*
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:07 pm

Post by Vivax »

I'm sorry mathblade. Making you run in circles was fun, but to be completely honest, your slot was doomed from the start and making you sub in was pure cruelty. I cannot stand this damning silence any longer, and I am afraid that the overexertion from having to deal with me might be morally questionable, even though you are confirmed mafia.
I will grant you a mercy kill here so you may recover in peace.

We could have avoided a lot of this if you just read my ISO, and paid attention to what Aisa had spoilered in her posts on ejjnami:

Spoiler:
In post 1135, Vivax wrote:
In post 16, NotAHecticAlt wrote:
In post 15, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 12, Roden wrote:
In post 8, NotAHecticAlt wrote:
In post 7, Roden wrote:I have no idea who I'd want as a leader just looking at the player list. From what I'd guess though, we want to elect consensus town reads who are also good at reading others, since it looks like we'll have to rely on them to make choices in future events.
so where's your vote for me?
I don't know you.
It’s not Hectic’s alt. What more do you need to know?
idk why but TOWN
This one was a town spew. Peng elim was bad in hindsight. Judging by beginning, CSF and NAHL (reminder:the mafia) were preferentially interacting a good amount with each other which is uncommon from my experience, so not easy catches.
In post 40, ejjinami wrote:Ahahahahahhaah the link to the mafia chat has been removed from the OP
Dammit, I was gonna start by saying that that I’m disappointed by it not being a rick-roll XD
it’s not like anything changes anyway

Welp, rip
Really? The mafia chat was in the OP and nami was in it and still played the game? Maybe we should talk about that before I go on. Now I feel stupid for sussing GE when we can just vote nami and win the game.
In post 1136, Vivax wrote:
In post 46, ejjinami wrote:Currently, thinking about Roden and cat scratch
as well (irony)

(that’s a pretty common opinion)
(wouldn’t rush it)
I wouldn’t mind nominating myself either just because the leader role sounds goddamn cool XD
but like, if I were to be honest- my read accuracy on MS was never much above rand :/
so yeah…
I recognize that I’m just acting illogical
I don't actually consider myself trustable
Oh okay then.

VOTE: ejjinami

That's it?That's the joke?Mafia got outed by the OP and ejjnami is playing along like this? Bruh

This was the pyre, and Aisa just brought the torch.
Reminder:
There are a lot of jokes in his ISO. Initially I wanted to make a list of all his posts that were jokes but I gave up.
You are a victim of this game, mathblade. This is actually an episode of candid camera and everyone knew you were mafia from the start. The predecessor to your slot knew this, look at my quotes in the spoilers, then look at this, bolded and understriked:

Spoiler:
In post 88, ejjinami wrote:
In post 78, Andante wrote: I mean, I'm assuming everything people are saying in terms of reads are just very mild, not locktown level.. I think you're fine!! lol wait
@ejjinami, do you not like people voicing their reads in the moment? like, you just straight to the conclusion... a comment on post 7 of a game is a lock town read? idk, it just feels like you're trying to pick apart the little things, as get us not trusting the people who you know are gonna be the most obv town or something... idk, feels weird, I think 47 was in the posts of yours I gave up on, or I'd have commented at the time.
In post 64, ejjinami wrote:oh and Aisa is giving me bad vibes tho that's most likely becuase of their playstyle, not necessarily alignment

frankly, this feels like one of those games where I'll need several days just to get to know the players personally before trying to determine anything
ahhh there we go... that "hidden agenda" behind yelling at Aisa over a "lock town read on post 7" on a real note though, can we please not play the game like "Bad vibes here!!! cuz playstyle, but bad vibes!!!" like, I could definitely say the same about you right now, I can't stand your playstyle, but, I'm reading your posts.. like, where you said you'd heal csf/roden like, they haven't done too much this game, you went after Aisa for TRing Roden for one of their like only posts thus far yet you also TR that same post so why?? like, if you TR the same person as Aisa. and that person has 1 post.. yet you just said there was no way Aisa could TR Roden off that 1 post.. there's no new content.. it's still just that 1 post..
holy fuck just kill me

it seriously feels like you’re focusing on me solely because you’re in a state of emotional excitement
read my posts again, please. Half of what you’re talking about can be deduced easily
the other half is just simply a misunderstanding of what I’m writing
Emotional misunderstandings are generally townie but holy damn I seriously hope I was wrong about the leader mechanics

my initial reads are too weak to explain. Treat them as non-existent or just vote me when you have the opportunity to do so
What I meant by “I think their personality is just pinging me” – is that I may be getting pinged by something that’s totally normal for them. That’s a way of me saying- I notice the ping and consider it NAI.

Ejjnami knew they were outed but still played along for the sake of the game. This is one instance where they were like 'Bruh stop pushing me just kill me already we know how it is'.
I applaud your efforts to stay alive, but we're not allowing a single more ML in this town. Your scum play is admirable, I will say. It was an honour to play with you.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

First paragraph => More useless attempts to shade
Quoted post => Players joke. That’s NAI until it stops solving. Yours did. My slot told that joke you quoted and that’s it.
Reminder quote => That’s about you not ejj.
Next paragraph => More useless attempts to shade. I have replaced into “doomed” slots and won them.
Last quote => Frustrated town.
Last paragraph => More fake confidence

You’re literally pulling a “confidence” con.

It’s all projection.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

You had all the time in the world to make a case and you push me for my prior slot making one joke and literal misrep anyone can misread.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

Can not misread* sorry autocorrect
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1409, MathBlade wrote: You’re literally pulling a “confidence” con.
Not gonna lie that sounds pretty nice for myself if I were.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 1390, JohnnyFarrar wrote:This is a lot of reading for a game I thought was solved? What's going on
Me. All that's going on is me, I'm afraid. Sometimes I want to triple- and quadruple-reread everything and I'm afraid you've caught me in one of those moods. I also wouldn't say the game is solved, but eh.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Aisa »

Anyway. I'm personally ready to end the day and
I intend to hammer Vivax

I'm not massively massively confident it's him, but it's my best guess and I'm not sure how much more I have left to give today.

If this doesn't end the game I think Math's slot is slightly more suspicious than the other two, but all slots will need to be reevaluated tomorrow. To borrow Enchant's words, y'all better turn into paranoid fucks.

I don't mind holding off on the hammer if people feel like they need more time, though.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: Vivix

Go ahead.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Aisa »

...Go ahead with what? You hammered.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:24 am

Post by Aisa »

Though before you interrupted my train of thought I was going to post "...can't believe I now have to wait for you all to check in to be able to hammer", so I am secretly pleased
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Enchant »

Bruh i didn't even intend to hammer.

Maybe we just won and whatever.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Aisa »

No comment bruh. I hope we won too!
Also I have been pretty bad at counting votes this game so I keep going back and checking that it is a hammer. I think it is.

...Can't believe I am alone with my thoughts and have to wait an unknown amount of time for this flip
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Enchant »

It was. And yes, it's same miscounting made me think Math unvoted not on E-1.

So i think it makes Math more legit.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:34 am

Post by Enchant »

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:37 am

Post by Aisa »

Why are you scumcasing yourself?

I did like your "Who wants to be a millionaire?" meme by the way
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1422, Aisa wrote:Why are you scumcasing yourself?

I did like your "Who wants to be a millionaire?" meme by the way
If you about pic, it means i accidently hammered, but Vivax was maf so it was not accident, but sign.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Aisa »

I did mean the pic
Can get on board with thinking it's a sign we've won this game :cool: cold hard reality can wait for tomorrow
...I need to leave this thread don't I

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”