International Mish Mash Month (IMMM 2023)

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I'm sorry that that your insufficient capacity to judge cannot even begin to grasp the monumental atonement I have made from typing these words to enter this meaningless contest. I eat my humble pie, somewhat dissatisfied, because the person who made it did not use enough sugar and it is baked quite inconsistently and unprofessionally.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Dear xofelf,

I hope this apology finds you well. I was told by a mutual friend that you were still expecting an “apology.” I find this confusing. First off, I have already apologized to you multiple times. Even considering that you have blocked me on Discord, I have sent apologies through mutual friends and I know they have gotten to you.

Secondly, I, frankly, have nothing to apologize about. I’m honestly uncertain of why you are still mad at me. You have no real reason to be that way. I’ve spent a great deal of time considering where your continued grudge with me lies, and… none of the options make logical sense.

It can’t be because I stabbed you. Stabbing is a part of Survivor. You yourself have stabbed on multiple occasions. If you have a standard or set of rules about what constitutes an acceptable stab and what constitutes a stab worth blocking a player for 2 months, then you should state it out in the open instead of holding players to an invisible standard. That could hardly be considered fair.
Regardless, don’t let it be said I didn’t try to avert things or try to end the argument. I don’t know why you feel so confident in your good standing when you’re the one who constantly refuses to hear the other side out. I’ve done all I can and more than I should have to make peace here. I just want us to be able to have a conversation where you tell me what your real reason is for holding this grudge for over 2 months. I’m not going to waste any more of my time playing your guessing game.

As a final note, I’ve heard from multiple sources that you’ve been telling lies about me behind my back. I hope for your sake that this isn’t true. Do not underestimate my resources. If I were a woman of lower character, I could have ruined your standing with the general population long ago. If you prove to be as unscrupulous as I have heard rumored, you will not escape that with your reputation intact.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:21 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:03 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 1580, Super Dupondt Bros wrote:
Anonymous wrote:FUCK YOU

We apologize for your insult. Clearly our effort would have been better spent spamming the thread with reckless abandon along with the others, turning the game into an even more impenetrable bog of posts. For this failure we need to extend our apology to the moderator also, since only a few more posts from us could have made our first day the most prolific in recorded history. Instead of writing long posts covering multiple topics and questions at once and elaborating where we thought it was necessary, we should have limited ourselves to inane one-liners, blunt statements and baseless accusations. It was wrong of us to expect people to read our posts and ask if there was something they wanted our opinion or clarification on, and so we left you no choice but to resort to profanity.

Once more, we are sorely sincere that you insulted us.

Admittedly, this is
not
the most sincere apology I've ever written, but it remains the funniest one. This was my flavor alt in Tintin mafia.

By the way, can someone explain what this rabbling is? I've seen it in a couple places now, and I'd like to get in on the joke.
Gregor M. Silverclaw
Gregor M. Silverclaw
Not She/Her
Townie
Gregor M. Silverclaw
Not She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: Not She/Her

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:10 am

Post by Gregor M. Silverclaw »

In post 91, Silverclaw wrote: I'm sorry that no one else cares enough about you to post an apology by now. Like what the hell everyone? Do any of you care about xof? I can't believe it.
Dear Exalted One xofelf,

I am very sorry that you received this half-hearted and simply lackluster attempt at an apology. I know for a fact that Silver can do better, and I'll make sure myself in the future. In the meantime, I hope you have had a wonderful day and that this fraudulent attempt at a joke didn't ruin things too badly.

All the best,

Gregor Mystophia Silverclaw
If the only path forward is difficult, it's still better than none. I'll meet you there.

Headmate within
The Den
. When one is not enough, there are always more.
Silverclaw
is the main account.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by xofelf »

Why hello there, it is I, your Taskmaster who has come to review all of your apologies(if it's still 4/14 in your timezone, you may post an apology until it is not and I'll rate it). I am quite fond of shitty apologies, as well as well-written apologies that all parties know were not meant at all. So I do hope these are good submissions. Points may be taken off for being longer than 100 words. I am the Taskmaster after all, and in this task I am God.
In post 91, Silverclaw wrote: I'm sorry that no one else cares enough about you to post an apology by now. Like what the hell everyone? Do any of you care about xof? I can't believe it.
Decent opener, could have been more guilt-trippy to really dig it in there. 3/5

In post 93, Ethel wrote: I'm sorry that I'm so good at apologizing that I'm making other people feel self conscious about their own apologies.
I'm sorry you're that good too. 3/5

In post 94, Pink Ball wrote: I’m sorry, I guess?
This one. It's short, to the point, and simple. And I laughed for a good five minutes after seeing it. 5/5

In post 95, mallowgeno wrote: Oh darling,

I'm sorry you're so easily offended by my fabulousness. I know it can be hard to handle such a strong and confident human, but I really didn't mean to hurt your delicate sensibilities. Perhaps next time you should toughen up a bit and learn to appreciate a little bit of sass and class. But in the meantime, I'll throw you a bone and apologize for making you feel inferior. It's not my fault that you can't handle the heat, but I'll try to tone it down a notch for your fragile ego.

Best,
Mallow
I looked at this and didn't believe that you were under 100 words, and it turns out you were with 96! What I loved about this one is the tone reminded me of some of the PMs you have sent me in LSGs where I *knew* you were only saying things for jury management reasons or so I wouldn't vote you or your allies out. Good hint of nostalgia, with a mix of genuine annoyance. 5/5

In post 97, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm sorry to everyone on this site who i hurt during my long process of self growth. I'm sorry you had to put up with the growing pains of someone who still had much to learn. I'm thankful every day that many of those same people were strong enough to give me a second chance and i am incredibly humbled and grateful to be part of this community.
Man, this one actually reads genuine so I would feel bad critiquing it. But I'm also currently god, and the task *did* specific insincere apologies, so 3/5. But also a hug.

In post 98, Save The Dragons wrote: im sorry for what you're about to see if you click on the spoiler

Spoiler:
made you look
This was very dumb, and I loved it. But it's still a 4/5.

In post 100, Vaxkiller wrote: I'm sorry that that your insufficient capacity to judge cannot even begin to grasp the monumental atonement I have made from typing these words to enter this meaningless contest. I eat my humble pie, somewhat dissatisfied, because the person who made it did not use enough sugar and it is baked quite inconsistently and unprofessionally.
This one hits a lot of prickly tender places, which is something I hoped for here. Love the descriptions of the humble pie itself. 3/5.

In post 101, Shadoweh wrote: Dear xofelf,

I hope this apology finds you well. I was told by a mutual friend that you were still expecting an “apology.” I find this confusing. First off, I have already apologized to you multiple times. Even considering that you have blocked me on Discord, I have sent apologies through mutual friends and I know they have gotten to you.

Secondly, I, frankly, have nothing to apologize about. I’m honestly uncertain of why you are still mad at me. You have no real reason to be that way. I’ve spent a great deal of time considering where your continued grudge with me lies, and… none of the options make logical sense.

It can’t be because I stabbed you. Stabbing is a part of Survivor. You yourself have stabbed on multiple occasions. If you have a standard or set of rules about what constitutes an acceptable stab and what constitutes a stab worth blocking a player for 2 months, then you should state it out in the open instead of holding players to an invisible standard. That could hardly be considered fair.
Regardless, don’t let it be said I didn’t try to avert things or try to end the argument. I don’t know why you feel so confident in your good standing when you’re the one who constantly refuses to hear the other side out. I’ve done all I can and more than I should have to make peace here. I just want us to be able to have a conversation where you tell me what your real reason is for holding this grudge for over 2 months. I’m not going to waste any more of my time playing your guessing game.

As a final note, I’ve heard from multiple sources that you’ve been telling lies about me behind my back. I hope for your sake that this isn’t true. Do not underestimate my resources. If I were a woman of lower character, I could have ruined your standing with the general population long ago. If you prove to be as unscrupulous as I have heard rumored, you will not escape that with your reputation intact.
Girl, this is 356 words. That being said, these words are so wonderfully crafted and filled with "You're the problem here and you're being ridiculous and you're a bad person" and I love them. So I'm deducting a point for being over, 4/5.

Hm, when I saw this task I wasn't envisioning video submissions. It's also a Simpsons joke, which is as synonymous with your name as President Memes and Dad Jokes. But it's also really funny so I won't deduct any points for being predictable. 4/5.

In post 103, Feysal wrote:
In post 1580, Super Dupondt Bros wrote:
Anonymous wrote:FUCK YOU

We apologize for your insult. Clearly our effort would have been better spent spamming the thread with reckless abandon along with the others, turning the game into an even more impenetrable bog of posts. For this failure we need to extend our apology to the moderator also, since only a few more posts from us could have made our first day the most prolific in recorded history. Instead of writing long posts covering multiple topics and questions at once and elaborating where we thought it was necessary, we should have limited ourselves to inane one-liners, blunt statements and baseless accusations. It was wrong of us to expect people to read our posts and ask if there was something they wanted our opinion or clarification on, and so we left you no choice but to resort to profanity.

Once more, we are sorely sincere that you insulted us.

Admittedly, this is
not
the most sincere apology I've ever written, but it remains the funniest one. This was my flavor alt in Tintin mafia.

By the way, can someone explain what this rabbling is? I've seen it in a couple places now, and I'd like to get in on the joke.
You are over by a couple words here, but I appreciate you taking something you've already written here and submitting it. I'm cool with that. So not deducting a point, but it's a 3/5.

Also rabbling is just something people say while they're waiting for somebody to post/do something. Like when a deadline hits and something isn't right then on the time, people just post rabble a bunch til it's posted.

In post 104, Gregor M. Silverclaw wrote:
Dear Exalted One xofelf,

I am very sorry that you received this half-hearted and simply lackluster attempt at an apology. I know for a fact that Silver can do better, and I'll make sure myself in the future. In the meantime, I hope you have had a wonderful day and that this fraudulent attempt at a joke didn't ruin things too badly.

All the best,

Gregor Mystophia Silverclaw
Aww, you *also* mean this one though. But you did pander appropriately, 4/5.

What's that, I hear you complain, I didn't give out any 1's? I'm
so
sorry that none of you sucked enough with your apologies that I had to penalize you so severely. I am also sorry that for this event, I'm just too nice and good a person to be a jerk. There's nothing I can do about that, and it won't be changing, so all I can offer you is my promise to only darken your door with my sunshiney warmth at your request. I truly hope that I can pay proper recompense as your disappointment and hurt demands.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Wow you really fell for it
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Ariel »

April 15
: Thrill of the Hunt Day

The United Nations

Large Social Games often feature hidden advantages to be earned. Often these come in the form of "immunity idols" that protect a player from elimination. The catch is that they need to be found before another player does, and they can be quite tricky to find!

In celebration of this tradition, I worked together with ambic on a hunt activity. Simply privately message me a correct key word/phrase, and I will respond with a corresponding image of your hard-earned trophy. Today at least, you don't need to be first in order to earn any prizes, and y'all are also welcome to collaborate if desired.

To get you started - can you find the flags you need?
Karachi? Leipzig?
Durango? Lafayette?
Elmira? Quebec?
Abuja? Panama City?
Wichita? Lyon?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

With Tasking Day being over, one could say..
George Bailey
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 96, StrangerCoug wrote: I'm sorry for being a selfish person that doesn't give a rat's butt about the task at all.
Hey, what score does this get?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:00 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 109, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 96, StrangerCoug wrote: I'm sorry for being a selfish person that doesn't give a rat's butt about the task at all.
Hey, what score does this get?
I'm sorry! Apparently it didn't get quoted. It's pretty basic, but I do love the usage of rat's butt here. And it seems you *do* care some, or you wouldn't have pointed out that it got skipped. 3/5
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:21 am

Post by Silverclaw »

Coug only cares about getting a good score and not about the actual task
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:05 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 111, Silverclaw wrote: Coug only cares about getting a good score and not about the actual task
:lol:

Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:26 am

Post by Ariel »

I just woke up and got to give out two trophies for Thrill of the Hunt Day! :]
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:57 pm

Post by Ariel »

April 16
: Grand Jury Day

Papua New Guinea

In some Mish Mash games and LSGs, the final trial involves winning over a jury. Over the years, we've seen fickle, bitter and forgiving jurors alike across traditional games like Survivor or more experimental games like Allocate/Execute & SPITFLY. Their role is typically to ask questions, deliberate and cast votes.

I'm curious: have you ever been called for any type of jury duty? What do you value most when it comes time to cast your vote regarding someone's fate?
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

I haven't gotten the opportunity yet! I know a lot of people say it's horrible around here but I still want to see the process.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:07 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I got called for federal jury duty last year. Wasn't picked for the jury, though.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Cephrir »

I got a summons once, deferred bc it was a bad time, and they didn't need me on the new date. Kinda sad, I was curious what it would be like
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:56 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Somewhat related but I started watching Jury Duty on Amazon Prime and it's freaking hilarious. For those that don't know the premise, it's a show set up kind of like the office however there is one guy who thinks that he's actually doing jury duty, everyone else (the jurors, bailiff, judge, etc) are all in on it. It's great to see all these weird situations they put themselves in.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Ariel »

April 17
: Haiku a Deux Day

USA

Writing together is a time-honored tradition in Mish Mash. We have games like One Sentence Story and have done various roleplaying games together over the years.

To celebrate, our suggested activity today is writing Haikus together. I'll start with a 5-syllable line. Poster #2 can write the second 7-syllable line. Poster #3 can finish it, and title it if they so choose. Then, let's start again. Will we aim for quality or quantity?
Haiku 1 wrote:Ferris Wheel of Doom
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Flaming terrified children
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:51 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

With scary nightmares.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I would never fart
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by Ariel »

Unless I absolutely
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by imaginality »

Need to befriend skunks
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy

Return to “The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash”