Football Manager

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Football Manager

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:02 am

Post by T3 »

Does anyone else play the hit Steam game Football Manager

I bought it a few months ago and have been playing on and off since then. Currently I’m doing a save with Marseille. I won the Europa League in 2022 and I got runners-up in the 2024, 2026, and 2027 UCL’s. I got grouped in the 2022 UCL and lost to Liverpool in the 2023 Ro16. In every UCL since then I have been eliminated by Bayern. I won the French Cup in 2025 and 2026, and I dethroned PSG to win Ligue 1 in 2027. I got Vitinha, an IRL youth prospect from Braga, to win Ligue 1’s golden boot in 2026. Sadly he departed for Manchester United for just $40m. I replaced him with a striker from Sampdoria whom I bought for $8m after Sampdoria were relegated to Serie C. He scored 19 goals in the first half of the season, but I sold him to Leverkusen for $100m in January. I recalled a Ghanian youth prospect from loan at Osasuna, and he scored 18 goals in the second half of the season to win the league.
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by ORAM »

I've played a ton of FM since 2015, these days I use a highly modified personal database adjusting a whole lot of league and club reputations to avoid weird AI decisions wherever possible. Plus nerf some players that are shamelessly overrated (like most of Celtic and Rangers, or the big three Portuguese clubs... when you struggle to make the group stage of the Champions league in real life, your players probably shouldn't be better than those at actually good teams). I could talk for a long time about stuff but I won't. Love the series, in short, and will be happy to see women's teams officially included in 2025's edition - the world cup has been an excellent watch!
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:39 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

yes actually! one of my better saves is Dr Benjy's glory hunter challenge, won like top 5 leagues + cups + other trophies within 20 years

Return to “The Arcade”