Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:21 am

Post by biancospino »

Dawn of Day 4

Random Nurse has been found dead!

He was a
Village lazy TrafficAnalyst

Spoiler: role PM

Welcome to Mini Normal 2311, Random Nurse!

You are a
Village lazy TrafficAnalyst

You have the following active abilities:
  • lazy TrafficAnalyst
    — each night, if at least two anti-town players were alive at the start of the night, you may target a living player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will discover whether or not that player is able to privately communicate with another living player. If this action fails, you will receive a "No Result" PM.
You have no passive abilities.

You win when at least one member of the Village faction is alive and all members of the Wolves' faction are dead.

The Game Thread is located here.
Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:22 am

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 4-Commencement

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to hammer.

Votes
Not Voting (3):
JacksonVirgo, ZZZX, AnimatedWiz

Notes
  • The Deadline is due in (expired on 2023-09-29 18:22:06)
  • You can find the combined mod ISO here.
  • JacksonVirgo is V/LA for today.
Last edited by biancospino on Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Mornin'
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:23 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I'd like to formally announce that nobody should vote anybody. Hear me out

wiki // GTKAS
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:28 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

That’s fine by me—I’d like to have us all have a good discussion before we vote anyone.

I admit, currently I am more suspicious of ZZZX since, if you were scum and truly convinced I’d go immediately for you, you would not have left me alive for D4.
Hi, I'm Annie! Please have patience with me—I am disabled.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:31 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Alright, I was gonna literally just bend over and lose ngl but given that flip I feel like it's more of an insult to my character to bend over and get killed here. Like ducky flipping informed is such a kick in the teeth considering the whole tinfoil around double scum in the neighbourhood and it probably means that I'm fighting an even HARDER uphill battle than I thought I would be fighting (which was enough to make me apathetic towards the game massively D3) but for the sake of all the dead Town, and for myself even I will do my best.

I've written up a bunch of things in the night (not this part) because I thought it pretty safe to do so and from these flips I was correct but the assumption I had writing those posts was that RN is dying and flipped green which leaves me writing everything with the assumption that I will be alive with zzz and Wiz. Which again, turned out exactly how I expected which is such a kick to the gut ngl. I feel defeated and ultimately I feel like Town loses this because of how this is all going out but again for the sake of everybody I will be trying my hardest to not throw this game.

@Wiz
, please give me the light of day and hear me out today and not fall into confirmation bias. You were left alive after you were so passionate about me being wolf and especially being wolf if ducky were to flip Informed. And he did, and I'm royally and hilariously fucked if you don't notice that you were left alive for a reason over the person that was town-reading me. Even if you do think I'm a wolf from this, and I am sure you do, don't vote yet let me try and convey to you that it's actually me that's the Town and I got pretty heavily dogged over from this setup and how everything went down. The stuff below this paragraph is the stuff I wrote during the night and I also wrote some extras but I won't post it in one post (I'm not sure if there's a message character limit), I tried to keep it relatively vague regarding who I am appealing to because I wasn't 100% who was going to die but again I assumed RN was going to die.

--

I recall Wiz saying that I was scummy because I wasn't acting as I was on D2 and I don't wish to use this as an excuse but I wasn't up to my game as I was because my real-life kinda had me in an emotional and somewhat distant state but I'm back to my normal now and fwiw I am sorry for me being super "oh this is so shit, oh I'm giving up" it didn't help my case at all and now I'm fighting the consequences of that. I am now going to put as much effort in as I possibly can to make sure that Town doesn't lose.

I would like to start by saying that I am extremely good and especially consistent at scum, I know that's probably going to come full swing and bite me in the ass but I am not one to make myself appear paired so obviously. Any scum worth their weight in gold would cut their losses and push their confirmed scum partner, but I didn't. I pushed against it because of the long-game (today, me vs zzz that I don't believe I'd win because of your reads), do you think scum of my caliber (I hate sounding this stuck up, please get my intention) would actually pair this hard on a scum partner that was 100% going out? I feel that's quite an insult to my skill to assume such a thing but I promise I will not be upset at you if you choose wrongly here, it is a game after all <3

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:32 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 854, AnimatedWiz wrote: That’s fine by me—I’d like to have us all have a good discussion before we vote anyone.

I admit, currently I am more suspicious of ZZZX since, if you were scum and truly convinced I’d go immediately for you, you would not have left me alive for D4.
Oh my god, you have no idea how much stress this lifted off my shoulders. I was so so so worried that you were going to just tunnel me. Thank you for considering all worlds, I'll do my best today

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:37 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Regarding a quick case of ZZZ, I didn't put a super duper lotta effort in as I can't really quote stuff when the thread is locked so writing stuff by hand is really frustrating but this is what I got so far. Outlining his early game primarily which is where a lot of his discrepancies compared to his late-game where he has his direction (aka needs me dead). I also did get some mid to late game references in here that I did want to discuss. I wrote this in about half an hour though so like it isn't
everything

Anyway here's the case

is them being incredibly apprehensive for jumping into the conversation, and considering their recent demeanor this is at conflict with their general personality meaning it would be either as a joke or it's due to them being afraid to stick their neck out early, and as proven by it was in fact
not
a joke meaning it's scum!AI. In they are incredibly and overly cautious around placing their vote. They specify that it's a serious vote, in which why would Town ever need to disclaim that? I know, because they aren't Town and they're acting incredibly cautious as a way to save face. He also contradicts himself in this very post as he is saying that it's a genuine read with reason behind it BUT also only a vote because he has no other read elsewhere which at raw value is a logical contradiction. He then acts LAMIST (if you don't know, that means they're posting in a way that pretty much says "Look at me, I'm so townie", aka doing things for the image) with the E-2 statement which is both unneeded and just reeks that he's being overly self-conscious because he is afraid of harming is image.

In post he once again is
incredibly
apprehensive to place their suspicions on RN and instead if resulting to cheap shading and discrediting. Not having the balls to commit to the read, they're afraid of putting themselves into the heat and again, it's proven that this is not how they typically act meaning it's them afraid for a
reason
and that reason is clearly because they're a wolf.

ZZZ also has a completely different appearance vs his actions, especially surrounding him wanting to wait to discuss around EoD2 but as soon as he appears, he says his thoughts and then
immediately
hammers it without even waiting for anybody to hop on and discuss. It took him 30 minutes since he started catching up after wanting to discuss to his hammer. There is absolutely no way a Town has such a perspective contradiction.

ZZZ is also the only logical person to be the Mailman. There is no reason for a scum neighbour (which would be me in that world) to have both a Mailman AND a neighbour shot. What's the purpose? There's a Traffic Analyst, I assume it would be primarily to keep the scum outside of the neighbourhood to not be able to get red-checked as easily and the TA is purely a means to clear Town as opposed to incriminate Mafia. It is his problem that he did not claim it when a mass-claim came around, but if mafia neighbour had a mailman, would they not also claim that as it's part of their role? And claiming it does not incriminate them at all? (To clarify, it was my pred that claimed, not me).

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:37 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Lmao realising now that wallposts are really annoying but oh well

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:39 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Regarding Blue/Ducky's slot all game. I wholeheartedly believe that they wanted me out because it was easy all game and when they repped in, I was literally
the
person that wolves needed out to win and he knew that and pushed me hard and right out the bat. Before I replaced in, my predecessor was an INCREDIBLY easy player to push, in fact Blue pushed nobody else really except my slot. Why would they do this, why would they bus this substantially.

There's also this quote from BlueSnake in that is "If this flips green, kill Passenger next. If this flips red, kill me next" which is
clearly
them attempting to set up two miseliminations. Why would they openly ask to get chain-limmed if both of our slots were wolves. This is a slip up both not because it's clearly setting up two miselims but also because the logic doesn't even make sense. Why would they think this way, as a wolf why would they openly welcome a chain-lim of two mafias. And it's very clear that the general public thought it was two wolves in the neighbourhood, so if it genuinely WAS two wolves in the neighbourhood this would be borderline gamethrowing.

Then there's when ducky replaced in, he immediately went for me. He went for my jugular, and clearly from how I was speaking yesterday it wasn't planned to bus. It was clear I wanted ZZZ out and if it was planned for him to distance, wouldn't I then go with that and push him so I am distanced from him? No, instead I purposefully get him to push me while I don't do what's needed to profit from that and instead push away from him? when he's confirmed wolf too I kept to that. If you don't sense that this is a discrepancy for the world where Ducky and I are wolves then I really really have no hope at winning this game for Town.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:39 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

That's all I got, would love to discuss with you when you have the time

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:40 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 860, JacksonVirgo wrote: That's all I got for now, would love to discuss with you when you have the time

wiki // GTKAS
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:52 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Okay, so, I'm going to read all of this, but first off, I'm glad your real life stuff got settled and that everything is better now. I figured that you might be acting differently due to that stress, but I didn't really make the connection that it could possibly affect how I would perceive you in a game sense, which explains a decent amount of your scummy behavior.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:02 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 862, AnimatedWiz wrote:Glad your real life stuff got settled and that everything is better now.
Thank you <3

wiki // GTKAS
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:21 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

So, let's see...

Spoiler:
In post 855, JacksonVirgo wrote: Like ducky flipping informed is such a kick in the teeth considering the whole tinfoil around double scum in the neighbourhood

Okay, so, my main theory of there being two scum but no Neighborhood is disproven—technically the Informed modifier allows for you and the worst to still be scum but Neighbors with them getting the extra information of there being a Village Backup Neighbor, but it also could just tell the worst that there's a Traffic Analyst (which is actionable knowledge considering the scumteam consisting of a Werewolf Messenger and a Werewolf Neighbor), meaning that it's not really important at this point any more. I hope I'll be able to see what the information was eventually, but that'll have to wait for the postgame.

Spoiler:
In post 855, JacksonVirgo wrote: I would like to start by saying that I am extremely good and especially consistent at scum, I know that's probably going to come full swing and bite me in the ass but I am not one to make myself appear paired so obviously. Any scum worth their weight in gold would cut their losses and push their confirmed scum partner, but I didn't. I pushed against it because of the long-game (today, me vs zzz that I don't believe I'd win because of your reads), do you think scum of my caliber (I hate sounding this stuck up, please get my intention) would actually pair this hard on a scum partner that was 100% going out? I feel that's quite an insult to my skill to assume such a thing

I agree with getting rid of the worst far sooner being a reasonable choice of action for scum to take—it means we can get onto D4 sooner and you don't risk me or Random Nurse getting more suspicious of you.

Spoiler:
In post 857, JacksonVirgo wrote: In they are incredibly and overly cautious around placing their vote. They specify that it's a serious vote, in which why would Town ever need to disclaim that? I know, because they aren't Town and they're acting incredibly cautious as a way to save face. He also contradicts himself in this very post as he is saying that it's a genuine read with reason behind it BUT also only a vote because he has no other read elsewhere which at raw value is a logical contradiction. He then acts LAMIST (if you don't know, that means they're posting in a way that pretty much says "Look at me, I'm so townie", aka doing things for the image) with the E-2 statement which is both unneeded and just reeks that he's being overly self-conscious because he is afraid of harming is image.

I admit, while the part where they say it's a genuine read is likely not-indicative (since they had been accused of trying to sneak in a vote on me while joking earlier), the wording on the actual questioning of Not_Mafia felt very odd at the time, and it was the second time that they had been the second vote on someone in just 3 pages.

Spoiler:
In post 857, JacksonVirgo wrote: In post ZZZ also has a completely different appearance vs his actions, especially surrounding him wanting to wait to discuss around EoD2 but as soon as he appears, he says his thoughts and then
immediately
hammers it without even waiting for anybody to hop on and discuss. It took him 30 minutes since he started catching up after wanting to discuss to his hammer. There is absolutely no way a Town has such a perspective contradiction.

Yeah, it was rather odd how ZZZX showed up to hammer. I know I've mentioned in the past how I feel ZZZX tends to vote often for how little they talk or explain themselves, and I still feel it's never been the right ratio for an invested Villager.

Spoiler:
In post 857, JacksonVirgo wrote: ZZZ is also the only logical person to be the Mailman. There is no reason for a scum neighbour (which would be me in that world) to have both a Mailman AND a neighbour shot. What's the purpose? There's a Traffic Analyst, I assume it would be primarily to keep the scum outside of the neighbourhood to not be able to get red-checked as easily and the TA is purely a means to clear Town as opposed to incriminate Mafia. It is his problem that he did not claim it when a mass-claim came around, but if mafia neighbour had a mailman, would they not also claim that as it's part of their role? And claiming it does not incriminate them at all? (To clarify, it was my pred that claimed, not me).

It would be rather weird to have a Neighbor Messenger in general, especially in a set-up with a Traffic Analyst. Bianco seems to have some wacky and fun ideas, but I find that one player would be needlessly a bit overloaded.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:25 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

And, personally, I would find it an odd strategy for you to go after ZZZX and the worst to go after you if you both were scum—it's possible and unexpected, but likely a particularly fragile strategy where stuff could go wrong easily. Still, WIFOM, and if the worst did get eliminated, it could both help clear you and make ZZZX look like a valid target it the stars aligned and all that.
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:29 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

Also, I'm taking a trip to Fallingbrook this weekend for my anniversary, so I'll be here infrequently during the next few days—I'll still respond to questions and everything, but the responses will just be somewhat delayed.

Noted.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I'm off to sleep, and then work but after that expect me to be back. I work quite a lot this week which is unfortunate considering it's the final day but it is what it is

wiki // GTKAS
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:01 pm

Post by AnimatedWiz »

By the way, ZZZX, take your time on your defense—I want to give you a fair shake before we vote in a few days.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:21 am

Post by ZZZX »

Well, I surely have a lot to write. But it wont give it justice ti write it now. Taking care of moving and giving back my old apartment. So within the next day or two, ill say my piece, and we can have it all sorted. Fair?

I see both of you are also a bit busy. Kinda funny spot to be in haha
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
AnimatedWiz
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
AnimatedWiz
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:42 am

Post by AnimatedWiz »

That’s definitely sounds fair, yeah. Good luck with the move!
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by biancospino »

/