Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:29 am

Post by Black »

Bloop
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1394, Klick wrote: If you knew Rat's meta, you'd know that's well within their bounds as a scum player ;)
I did think that (I didn't know it for sure but I made a safe guess), which is why I wasn't particularly swayed by their presentation of the case on you and by claiming Gimli is their second top SR.

But as Rat said in the pedit, they adjusted their playstyle and that made me TR them.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1397, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1394, Klick wrote: If you knew Rat's meta, you'd know that's well within their bounds as a scum player ;)
I do still think that multiball doesn't apply here, and I can pull similar tunnels as Town, but yeah, I was really worried you'd be able to remind enough people of that to turn things around. Which is indeed why I got "regularly combative" about it, though I hope I wasn't too frustrating to deal with
I have zero qualms with your play and smiled quite a bit when I saw your post about 6-2

It was frustrating! But that was part of your job
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:45 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1389, ActionDan wrote:
META IS TRASH
And this is what I kept trying to say about people trying to meta-read me, a player who basically doesn't have scum meta yet people want to assume illogical things anyway. And then that somehow looked like signaling to Drew? It was the continuation of months of him deciding he knows how to read me based off of nothing but my varied town play, and I've always pushed back at it because it's silly. :P
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:54 am

Post by Klick »

Meta is incredibly strong but also most uses of it are poor
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:01 am

Post by ActionDan »

If I was using meta I would have said gilmi was playing like a scumlord
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:29 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 1330, gob wrote: yea really love getting ignored when its super obvious im not scum
boohoo
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:31 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

blaming gob for being a complete dork thank you and good night
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:12 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 1383, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 1381, Aureal wrote:
In post 1351, DragonEater70 wrote: Aureal could you explain why you targeted us btw?
I'm not sure you want me to answer that. :lol:
Now I MUST know
Well you kinda made me paranoid that you and Dan were playing 5D chess trying to bait Kira into blowing assassination on the wrong person. Dan crumbed Willow, you
asked
him about crumbs and he responded defensively. That sure made
me
go look for crumbs and figure out that he was crumbing to T-Bone. And then you tried to flashwagon the slot! That's why I was arguing you were a follower the next day, you sure looked like you could be intentionally trying to call attention to Willow being detective. If I didn't know Gimli was Kira I'd seriously have been considering that you could be a follower. I evaluated that most likely things were just as they appeared, but couldn't rule out you being detective (especially since Dan also townread you so you and him were the rest of the detective shortlist). And since I'm probably the only one paranoid enough to come up with such a theory I went with it, to cover our bases just in case. Getting the detective asap was my top priority.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:45 am

Post by ActionDan »

I wasn't sure what best play was regarding Crumbs as assistant. Tough decision to crumb or not at all
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 am

Post by Freedom »

sorry for rep-out.
rl ended up busier than expected.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 am

Post by Freedom »

tbh i never would've guessed gimli was kira
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:04 am

Post by Freedom »

so well-played gimli and congrats!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:37 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 22, Enchant wrote: Dragon is awesome.

Because indeed, RR IS Kira Follower of Gimli.

But i guess, Dragon will be convincing against it. Still, Gimli in hot situation.
:D
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:24 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, things were pretty tight for a good while there. I realized there was a good chance to be outed as follower (whether voluntarily or not) and so was trying to keep somewhat distanced from Gimli, and made what I figured would look like a push on him that I believed in but wouldn't convince others. Eventually Dan started his EoD wagon on Gimli though and I knew it was time to cut bait. I find it baffling that people don't see it when my reasoning is actually contrived like it was there, yet reasoning that I would totally have as town constantly gets picked on. :P

GG, and thanks Enchant for modding this again!

I'm still confused why the detective gets
better
information if the assistant doesn't help than if they do. (Yeah it led town astray this time but that was very circumstantial)
-furtiveglance
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:38 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1414, Aureal wrote: Yeah, things were pretty tight for a good while there. I realized there was a good chance to be outed as follower (whether voluntarily or not) and so was trying to keep somewhat distanced from Gimli, and made what I figured would look like a push on him that I believed in but wouldn't convince others. Eventually Dan started his EoD wagon on Gimli though and I knew it was time to cut bait. I find it baffling that people don't see it when my reasoning is actually contrived like it was there, yet reasoning that I would totally have as town constantly gets picked on. :P

better
information if the assistant doesn't help than if they do. (Yeah it led town astray this time but that was very circumstantial)
It's not necessarily better information, just different, and while Assistant is alive helping the Detective does still have the option to use Stalk.

Stalk gives a guaranteed guilty, but cannot give a guaranteed clear, and is also highly unlikely to catch Kira, because if Kira's using Assassinate it's PROBABLY because they're sure on a detective.

Brainstorm gives (almost) guaranteed clears, but cannot give a guaranteed guilty, but is also more likely to be able to catch Kira, because while Kira DOES have ways to hide from it, using swap/hide is extremely situational.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:10 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 514, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 511, Gimli wrote: I'll try before EOD to work out interactions between the other 5 and see what fits better

I think we can just try to towncore it and flip kira today, which means getting to a agreement on a player that stayed throughout this under the radar and not getting talked to much or entertained as a potential d1 flip

last game STD was kira and had an almost flawless d1 getting very little pushes against him by just coasting and being agreeable

that's the profile we're hitting d1 with the most likelihood of flipping kira
Using STD's general play style to find Kira seems like a fools game

Wouldn't Kira want to be out there?
If only I didn't repp out, I would have put it all together.

Or just forgot about being weary of Gimli and would be upset with myself post game lol

Sorry for the repp out though
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 1415, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1414, Aureal wrote: Yeah, things were pretty tight for a good while there. I realized there was a good chance to be outed as follower (whether voluntarily or not) and so was trying to keep somewhat distanced from Gimli, and made what I figured would look like a push on him that I believed in but wouldn't convince others. Eventually Dan started his EoD wagon on Gimli though and I knew it was time to cut bait. I find it baffling that people don't see it when my reasoning is actually contrived like it was there, yet reasoning that I would totally have as town constantly gets picked on. :P

better
It's not necessarily better information, just different, and while Assistant is alive helping the Detective does still have the option to use Stalk.

Stalk gives a guaranteed guilty, but cannot give a guaranteed clear, and is also highly unlikely to catch Kira, because if Kira's using Assassinate it's PROBABLY because they're sure on a detective.

Brainstorm gives (almost) guaranteed clears, but cannot give a guaranteed guilty, but is also more likely to be able to catch Kira, because while Kira DOES have ways to hide from it, using swap/hide is extremely situational.
I would assume Write would also be shown by Stalk, not just Assassination. Which means Stalk is basically a Disloyal Tracker and could give a high-confidence guilty on Kira themself by tracking them to a kill, with the only other option still being a follower who happened to target the same person as Kira did. Brainstorm might catch out your assistant in addition to the Kira-aligned; and while technically they could just not act rather than risk being stalked, that's not a good move at all in most any circumstances on day 1 at the least.
-furtiveglance
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:49 pm

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

In post 24, Enchant wrote: Putting "L" as avatar while being L and being detective is probably biggest flex you can perform in game.
In post 25, Enchant wrote: And i love it.
Glad you liked it! I figured I could get away with it because I was the only player whose username starts with an "L".
You can call me "Willow".
Little Will o' Wisp
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Little Will o' Wisp
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:55 pm

Post by Little Will o' Wisp »

In post 1417, Aureal wrote: I would assume Write would also be shown by Stalk, not just Assassination.
You would assume wrong.
  • Stalk
    . Choose living player and learn who they visit this night.
  • Write
    . This ability doesn't count as Visit.
You can call me "Willow".
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:22 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

It is specified that the ONLY visiting abilities are Shinigami Eyes and Assassinate, regardless of whether the flavor of an ability would imply visitation.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

Okay, it's in the Kira PM, I looked most everywhere else trying to figure that out. The setup info is kind of hard to put together with relevant things scattered around here and there. I nearly only submitted one night one action because my PM says I can only use one role ability per phase but that seemed redundant because I only had one "role ability", and I had to go dig around the setup more to find that "skills" can be used with "role abilities".
-furtiveglance
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:05 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 1421, Aureal wrote: I nearly only submitted one night one action because my PM says I can only use one role ability per phase but that seemed redundant because I only had one "role ability"
It's not. Swapping exist and Write is Role ability.

Of course, Assistant and Detective also need to choose, if they using their abilities or Write.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:06 pm

Post by Enchant »

It also explained in "Skills" section of setup.
Wizard-Mercenary

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:14 pm

Post by Enchant »

Either way, T3 i aksed to review game (And i failed to find ANYONE ELSE willing to review game!), basically said (not direct citation):

"I don't get these complex setups. I guess it's balanced, but abilities kinda useless and it's swingy."

Reviewer of first version were R9, and that's why Kira need to survive 5 days, not 6. But it was long ago, i forgot what suggestions i get. I guess i may find review thread.

Found it:
viewtopic.php?t=90283
Wizard-Mercenary

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”