humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:33 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I also don't understand how it's assumed that I think newbies are bad. I played Day 1 by assuming that I'm talking to town by talking to both you and ketchup.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:35 pm

In post 2569, KayJayQueue wrote: all the pushback I got was peppered with “I know more than you and you’re wrong” so yes, I was extremely frustrated trying to work around that and you didn’t seem to want to consider my perspective at all. And then when it turns out, I was right, I just get a double down on why I must’ve just been bussing instead of just correct with my read.
I hope you do also know that you specifically asked me why I was confident in a read I made, and that question can only be answered by citing my experience.

Have you considered that you have a reverse bias against experienced players because you automatically assume bad-faith and condescension from their behalf?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:37 pm

In post 2569, KayJayQueue wrote: To me, that’s against the nature of a newbie game. To basically just dictate to new players what’s going to happen and why instead of actually trying to play with them - why did you rep into a newbie game if you wanted to play the way you like, which doesn’t seem very newbie-friendly?
A big chunk - maybe majority - of my games are played with newbies. What do you think playing with newbies look like? Don't you think it's more condescending to newbie players if I ignore the instincts I bring into the game and let all the new players call the shots - in a backwards attempt to cater to them?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:39 pm

In post 2574, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 2571, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 852, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I want to put StraightFlush to E-1 for picking up a soft claim on mason and then deciding to escalate it to public awareness without any prompt. That feels like a kiting technique to fish out actual masons. And it's my first actual read of the game because everything else before that post was straight-up junk.
Based
We are in a rolecop setup, as has been well established with purple's flip. There are no masons in a rolecop setup, so for scum!me this would just be pure retard energy that draws unnecessary attention.

Pedit: The duality of man
I picked up on this on my re-read (just now actually) and thought there's actually a good possibility scum!you did this to cite this. I noted how fast you jumped on a reaction. To hear you cite this right now is really a huge coincidence!
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:40 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 2575, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I hope you know that every time you say that I have been condescending, cliquish, and dismissive - you are making a personal evaluation on who I am as a person. You are making a bad-faith interpretation of how I play. I think I have discussed my positions on thread health only on how it impacts gamesolve, so from my point of view, inherently game-relevant. I also believe that controlling the volume of post helped out in focusing our discussion.
I was making an evaluation on how you were presenting yourself in the game. I don’t know you personally and it’s hard to accuse someone of personally attacking you because for all I knew, you could’ve been scum working an angle to try to get me defensive or flustered or reactionary which you could’ve used to your advantage. It’s definitely happened to me before, I’m an easy target. So I was reacting to your in game actions, not you as a person. I still don’t get the argument that we needed to stop posting (in our minds - playing the game). Did telling us to stop posting and us subsequently capitulating, help you focus day 1? You didn’t catch scum, I did with the help of another loud townie - ketchup. So I’m confused as to why you think you were right to try to shut us up.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:41 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

In post 2579, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 2574, StraightFlush wrote:
In post 2571, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 852, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I want to put StraightFlush to E-1 for picking up a soft claim on mason and then deciding to escalate it to public awareness without any prompt. That feels like a kiting technique to fish out actual masons. And it's my first actual read of the game because everything else before that post was straight-up junk.
Based
We are in a rolecop setup, as has been well established with purple's flip. There are no masons in a rolecop setup, so for scum!me this would just be pure retard energy that draws unnecessary attention.

Pedit: The duality of man
I picked up on this on my re-read (just now actually) and thought there's actually a good possibility scum!you did this to cite this. I noted how fast you jumped on a reaction. To hear you cite this right now is really a huge coincidence!
How flattering of you to think me capable of such things!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:46 pm

In post 2580, KayJayQueue wrote: I still don’t get the argument that we needed to stop posting (in our minds - playing the game). Did telling us to stop posting and us subsequently capitulating, help you focus day 1? You didn’t catch scum, I did with the help of another loud townie - ketchup. So I’m confused as to why you think you were right to try to shut us up.
you slip in slippery slopes. giving space for others to react is still playing the game, so I'm not asking you to stop playing the game. asking you to give space for others to react is not capitulation. asking you to give space for others to react is not shutting you up. at that point, you were complaining that the game is moving slow meanwhile it was moving at a break neck speed and the volume of posts were too fast. i don't think you were considering that it was getting hard for anyone that isn't you and ketchup to play the game by doing that.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:48 pm

In post 2580, KayJayQueue wrote: I was making an evaluation on how you were presenting yourself in the game.
yes, you are making an evaluation of me as a person instead of evaluating what i was saying. therefore taking it personal. i understand you don't feel so, but I really felt uncomfortable and i felt offended that you were painting me in such a bad light.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:01 pm

In post 2569, KayJayQueue wrote: immediately I’m faced with “vote out Kay, she’s probably town but she’s going to make the wrong decision because that’s what I believe is true”.
even this is a very mean interpretation of what the post was. i merely said that you would likely be voting me in ELo. even you have an inkling that i do the same because i'll be voting you on ELo over zach. I don't find that condescending even though you claim that I'll be making a wrong decision. so why can't you extend the same generous good faith interpretation to me? why do you always have to paint me in such a negative light? why do i always have to come from a condescending and dismissive place?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:02 pm

regardless i've re-read the game and i think StraightFlush is the last scum.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:03 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 2583, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 2580, KayJayQueue wrote: I was making an evaluation on how you were presenting yourself in the game.
yes, you are making an evaluation of me as a person instead of evaluating what i was saying. therefore taking it personal. i understand you don't feel so, but I really felt uncomfortable and i felt offended that you were painting me in such a bad light.
You’re stating your opinion as if it were fact. I know what I was feeling and what I was doing. I told you and you decided you didn’t like the answer. That doesn’t make what I said false in any way, you just decided to interpret it in a way that makes you believe it’s personal. It’s not. I feel like this is where we come to an impasse because it doesn’t seem to matter what I say, your mind feels made up and you’re not willing to accept anything I say. So I’m not sure where to go from here because I’m willing to work with you but you’re hung up on what you think is some personal vendetta against you even when I’m telling you there’s not.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:07 pm

i feel the same way about you with regards to thinking that I'm condescending, dismissive, and cliquish. i think we just acknowledge how we feel about each other, and be aware of that if we still live through ELo.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:11 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

VOTE: StraightFlush

Gonna nip this argument in the bud before it goes on for 3 days and you two forget about the vote
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:14 pm

hey why the self-vote
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:15 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

UNVOTE:
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:16 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

I guess he gave up. Weird.
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

Aside from the various subs, you two are the sole reasons why I have ever lost interest in this game at any point
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:18 pm

VOTE: StraightFlush alrighty
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:20 pm

Post by KayJayQueue »

So are you giving up or throwing?
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:24 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

Neither, I am town. I just want you two to sort out your differences when I'm not also obligated to talk in the thread.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:25 pm

weird that you see this as a difference instead of a town vs scum talk.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:26 pm

from your pov, this should be scum!kjq appealing to town!me and this should be an exciting opening for you
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:27 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Intent to hammer
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
StraightFlush
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
StraightFlush
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:29 pm

Post by StraightFlush »

I don't give a fuck about your alignments in this context, this multi-week grand display of Kay's inferiority complex is well beyond the scope of anything that would be productive for this game. I would be tempted to blacklist her but then I'd never play another game on this site again since she signs up for all of them.

Pedit: Don't express intent, just fucking do it
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:31 pm

bruh moment

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”