Shell Game (Day 3)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:23 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Mune?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:25 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1047, morph the cat wrote: Town reads....

Marci, because this is just NOT how Marciscum handles the entire unraveling of this death info the main thread, ever.

Crabs, massive mindmeld.

Luke, see luke's recent post where he correctly lays out how he got shuffled and uno-reverse-carded.

Scumread, klick and sunflower. Due to the Deathy, this is an either-or scenario but we don't really think it's outside those two anyways.Klick is more my take, Sunflower is more Spay's take, we're evaluating both but currently voting Klick between the two.
It felt realy good about the manner in which Crab handled its question. It especially liked how Crab sort of skipped over the idea of "checking to see if the guilty claimed on us is not some kind of shell game error" and went right for a 1v1? It felt like it was a town mindset, so we are with you there.

Luke's confusion and... unwillingness to engage with our desire to drag info from him was a little off putting but also notably more likely to come from a townie who doesn't care. That said, it doesn't have.... the same presence that others have in this game. It gets the sense this is a game of many players who know each other and it's ability to be... imposing will be less than otherwise it might be able to do. Even still, it can get behind that.

Sell it on Marci, because it is only getting surface level from her and it feels frustrated reading her posts. That said, it is very open to being sold on this one because it has an inherent bias to wanting to kill annoying things, so it already is trying to counterbalance that feeling.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:25 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1049, marcistar wrote: ngl anything that oblivion says goes over my head because some of it reads as if a bot wrote it.
See? Annoying.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:26 pm

Post by morph the cat »

For me, Marci, Hermit Crab and Luke are the top three townreads.

Marci because she was so visibly uncomfortable and confused by her role/neighborhood and very suspicious of the hood until things began to click for her both within the hood and externally, in the game thread. I could see the gears turning (and grinding) in her posts. Everything about the way she revealed what was going on just built onto that foundation in a very natural and unstructured way. I also think that scum Marci would want to give us much more of a wide berth than she has.

Hermit Crab as a hidden hydra wouldn't go out of their way to support us as they have. There would be no need and we wouldn't think twice about a more cautious approach from an unknown quantity. And we're enough of a threat as scum that it would be a no-brainer to wait and see what town actually makes of us this game. There's also an incredible amount of mindmeld going on with Hermit Crab which I believe doesn't happen this way if they're scum.

Luke as town has a POV (that I don't want to discuss in detail because it's filed under competitive advantage) that we feel confident in reading when we see it. I interacted with him and pushed back at him long enough for us both to feel confident about that POV being present.

If I were pushing outside Marci's neighborhood, I'd be voting Spiffeh at the moment for this post. We discussed whether to vote in the dethy or outside of it before putting our Klick vote down. The deciding factor was the dethy players' preferences for cleaning their hood.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1053, morph the cat wrote: For me, Marci, Hermit Crab and Luke are the top three townreads.

Marci because she was so visibly uncomfortable and confused by her role/neighborhood and very suspicious of the hood until things began to click for her both within the hood and externally, in the game thread. I could see the gears turning (and grinding) in her posts. Everything about the way she revealed what was going on just built onto that foundation in a very natural and unstructured way. I also think that scum Marci would want to give us much more of a wide berth than she has.

Hermit Crab as a hidden hydra wouldn't go out of their way to support us as they have. There would be no need and we wouldn't think twice about a more cautious approach from an unknown quantity. And we're enough of a threat as scum that it would be a no-brainer to wait and see what town actually makes of us this game. There's also an incredible amount of mindmeld going on with Hermit Crab which I believe doesn't happen this way if they're scum.

Luke as town has a POV (that I don't want to discuss in detail because it's filed under competitive advantage) that we feel confident in reading when we see it. I interacted with him and pushed back at him long enough for us both to feel confident about that POV being present.

If I were pushing outside Marci's neighborhood, I'd be voting Spiffeh at the moment for this post. We discussed whether to vote in the dethy or outside of it before putting our Klick vote down. The deciding factor was the dethy players' preferences for cleaning their hood.
Sync Achieved indeed.

What are your thoughts on Dunnstraal?
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

For what it’s worth, we feel similarly about Luke and marci. Essentially, Marci’s behavior around the outing of the dethy is probably the most important thing you need to read.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

By we I mean me, herr agrees on marci and I need to follow up on Luke but I believe herr does.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

Anyways I’m fucking off to lurk while y’all dance, later.
Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 1056, Hermit Crab wrote: By we I mean me, herr agrees on marci and I need to follow up on Luke but I believe herr does.
You can slap that W on there.

-Herr Mitt
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:32 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1055, Hermit Crab wrote: For what it’s worth, we feel similarly about Luke and marci. Essentially, Marci’s behavior around the outing of the dethy is probably the most important thing you need to read.
Can you link it to this moment so it doesn't have to go searching for the sake of the conversation it is having with Morph?
But not older.

Hermit Crab
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Hermit Crab
It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:34 pm

Post by Hermit Crab »

In post 576, marcistar wrote:
In post 572, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 564, marcistar wrote: YALL I FINALLY REALIZED WHAT MY HOODMATES WERE SAYING

THATS SO SLAY.

I think theres exactly 1 scum in my hood.
Do you have a good reason to believe there is 1 and not 0?

Because if you do, I believe it is correct to eliminate inside of your neighborhood

But if you don't, that's not necessarily correct (my vote on Sunflower being unrelated to the hood, really)
Oh! We have a theory all of us are the same role and scums trying to blend in!
Is where it starts.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 pm

Post by Oblivion »

Tch. Marci's town. That's frustrating as fuck. It really wanted to be able to kill her for how annoying she is being, instead it has to ignore her now.

Given that we're making some assumptions about possible traitors in that dethy, it doesn't even think there's any wiggle room about it. Marci is definitely town.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:39 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It would like to go cry in a corner now, if Morph is done engaging with us. If not, it would like to continue to pick at morph's brain.
But not older.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by morph the cat »

We're around. Did you have other queries?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1054, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1053, morph the cat wrote: For me, Marci, Hermit Crab and Luke are the top three townreads.

Sync Achieved indeed.

I think Dunnstral's been scumhunting and pushing people pretty hard once there was more to sink his teeth into. My read had gone leantown before then but his reaction to Spiffeh re ActionDan made a pretty big positive impression.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1064, morph the cat wrote:

Sync Achieved indeed.

I think Dunnstral's been scumhunting and pushing people pretty hard once there was more to sink his teeth into. My read had gone leantown before then but his reaction to Spiffeh re ActionDan made a pretty big positive impression.
Really? It felt quite the opposite. The reason it asked is because you earmarked Spiffeh for scum and from its current engagements with Spiffeh, it has an internal note to flip Dunnstraal if Spiffeh is scum.
But not older.

Shello and Goodbye
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Shello and Goodbye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 pm

Post by Shello and Goodbye »

i am trying to make a readslist but it is very hard and a lot of this game feels like jello. ama for like 10 mins
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Oblivion, I have a question for you. How do you feel about how your interrogation of Firebagel [didn't] resolve? How are you reading her?
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It didn't even really give much of its stance on either Bagel or Dunn, it only poked at them. Spiffeh then townread it but tried to sway its percieved opinion of Bagel and Dunn. It... had very little read on Dunn, only poking at Dunn to see where it went and Bagel for the chance to solidify its read on what it felt was an immenently killable slot.

Spiffeh's conversation with us felt wrong, in so so so many ways. And if it had to guess it felt like... Spiffeh was angling at something that it hadn't even thought of yet? And it thinks that somewhat informs Dunnstraal scum if Spiffeh is.
But not older.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VC 1.3
Klick 4 (morph, Hermit, Pooky, Dunnstral)
Sunflower 3 (Spiffeh, Dannflor, Klick)
ActionDan 2 (Lukewarm, Firebringer)
Firebagel 1 (Penguin)
Pooky 1 (Firebagel)
marcistar 1 (ActionDan)
Oblivion 1 (CSF)
Spiffeh 1 (Gypyx)
Lukewarm 1 (Klick)
morph 1 (STD)

Not voting (Brian Skies, Oblivion, Shello, SirCakez, Bingle, marcistar, Sunflower)

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to exile.

Deadline: (expired on 2024-05-09 04:07:00)
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1067, morph the cat wrote: Oblivion, I have a question for you. How do you feel about how your interrogation of Firebagel [didn't] resolve? How are you reading her?
It did actually answer this when it returned to poke at Spiffeh. It isn't able to 100% lock it down yet, but for us, we are unwilling to kill Bagel for the moment. It thinks the slot is town. It thinks if that slot is scum it would have to have been coached to do what it did, and it has a lock on the current mental model. It won't expect that coaching to last the whole game, and so.... it expects to be able to generate a 100% lock down on it within 2 game days. So it won't kill them today and it will be able to affirm or discard its current townread on that slot by tomorrow, it thinks. It feels relatively confident.
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1066, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i am trying to make a readslist but it is very hard and a lot of this game feels like jello. ama for like 10 mins
What is your thoughts on how the current game state looks from a voting standpoint? This question is open ended, interpet it however you like and provide that answer.
But not older.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1065, Oblivion wrote:

Sync Achieved indeed.

Really? It felt quite the opposite. The reason it asked is because you earmarked Spiffeh for scum and from its current engagements with Spiffeh, it has an internal note to flip Dunnstraal if Spiffeh is scum.
I've seen players come to that kind of perspective on two players pretty often, when I'm not playing on that level at that point. I think it's a difference in how I form reads. Neuterhalf and I are in agreement on Dunn for now, so I'm probably not looking to go there next if Spiffeh flips scum.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1072, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1065, Oblivion wrote:

Sync Achieved indeed.

I've seen players come to that kind of perspective on two players pretty often, when I'm not playing on that level at that point. I think it's a difference in how I form reads. Neuterhalf and I are in agreement on Dunn for now, so I'm probably not looking to go there next if Spiffeh flips scum.
Disappointing.

Let's discuss the 4 non marci members of the neighbourhood. Can you re-enlighten it about those names? It was STD... ugh.
But not older.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1070, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1067, morph the cat wrote: Oblivion, I have a question for you. How do you feel about how your interrogation of Firebagel [didn't] resolve? How are you reading her?
It did actually answer this when it returned to poke at Spiffeh. It isn't able to 100% lock it down yet, but for us, we are unwilling to kill Bagel for the moment. It thinks the slot is town. It thinks if that slot is scum it would have to have been coached to do what it did, and it has a lock on the current mental model. It won't expect that coaching to last the whole game, and so.... it expects to be able to generate a 100% lock down on it within 2 game days. So it won't kill them today and it will be able to affirm or discard its current townread on that slot by tomorrow, it thinks. It feels relatively confident.
My thought at the time of your interactions was "awfully cheeky if scum", hence mild townlean. I wasn't sure if you were "done for now", though. Now I am.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”