Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:05 am

Post by Fuldu »

I wasn't suggesting that you forgot (I don't think you would have done that if you were telling the truth), I was suggesting that you made a mistake in typing the information. I do, however, think it's much easier to make such a mistake when you're trying to coordinate a bunch of fake information than when you're copying information from one source onto another. You've got more stuff on your mind.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:18 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Ok. This is hard.

Here's what I'm going to do.

I'm going to
vote Fuldu
, slowly walk away, and hope for the best. It has to do with the roles and attitudes.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:22 pm

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Final (FINAL final) Vote Count:
Fuldu - 2 (
STD II, DoomCow
)

Not Voting: Fuldu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DoomCow and SaveTheDragons grab ahold of Fuldu and drag him to the gallows in the town square.
"But I'm innocent!" screams Fuldu. "You searched my house! You KNOW I'm innocent!"
"True," says STD II, "IF my police work can be trusted. And I suspect it can't. I think I investigated you on Opposite Day, thus making you guilty."
"This thing sure has come in handy," says DoomCow as they approach the large lynching platform. "Remember when the mayor was petitioning to get it replaced with a fountain?"
"Yeah, he called it a gruesome and outdated relic of our troubled past," says STD. "Boy, was he wrong!"
"I kinda regret voting against that petition now," Fuldu says ruefully, as the noose is put over his head. "I wish they had built the damn fountain."
"But then we would've had to DROWN all these people!" exclaims DoomCow. "And that's so much work! You gotta hold their head down for like, 10 whole minutes."
STD II puts the traditional black hood over his head as DoomCow double-checks the knot. "Yeah, with this contraption, all I have to do is pull this simple lever. Like so!" And he does.

Fuldu (Panini Mafia Godfather) has been lynched.

The Town has won the game!

DoomCow (medium) and STD II (backup cop) are the surviving townies!

Congrats, all! Full game details are coming (give me a little time)
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:06 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Good job, STD. I'd known this was coming since I killed Tigris and discovered that Pie was the backup doc, but I was hoping for the best.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:14 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

Wooh! Good job, everybody.

Me getting killed was exactly what I was talking about yesterday. It was me or STD, and neither of us were getting lynched anyways.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:23 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Yes, but what you missed was that if you and STD disagreed about who to lynch yesterday, I could have used that to my advantage.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:33 pm

Wooo! I picked right!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:34 pm

Wooo! I picked right! Good game all. :) That was fun, Cap'n.
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:24 am

Post by DoomCow »

Great game! and good choice StD :}

I have to tell this, at first I was wondering what good my role could do and how best used, but after a few nights I'd realize the power I could possibly have, if the right people died.

I want to know how both the clown and the Cthulhu roles worked. For the clown just to know if he was worth an interrogation after death, for cthulhu because I wasn't lying when I said
DoomCow wrote:sorry for waking up so late in the day, but after getting a few nights of bad dreams/sleeplessness I finally slept well tonight...

At this point I have some scummy feeling about two players, but neither seems more or less scummy than the other... so no voting yet...
I did have bad dreams on nights Phoebus lived, but they were pretty cryptic and hinted that Phoebus might be on town side. I didn't dream on all nights, on nights where the beast made I kill I couldn't sleep at all..

I didn't mention this in the end game because it didn't matter at that point and it would seem like I made it up and question my role a bit more, so I left it.
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:08 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

How did we ever screw this up, mole, HotSauce? 3 of us against 1 panini and a few pro-towners......
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:26 am

Post by Fuldu »

Yes, but two of us, one town and one scum, knew who two of the three of you were, and I'd suspected HotSauce the whole game. That made rubbing you out quite a bit easier. I did appreciate you making my argument against DoomCow for me, FD (for all the good it did me). Just as I appreciated DoomCow making my argument against the two of you.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:57 am

Post by mole »

Yeah, there was a really huge downside to us surviving so long. I could (and tried to!) do something about the scum knowing who we were, but with two people knowing we were pretty much doomed.

And then the RNG failed us when they killed HotSauce.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:16 am

Post by Tigris »

Fun game. It's interesting to note that at the beginning of day 5 there were 9 pro-town dead to only 2 anti, yet at the end 9 anti and 13 pro-town, go town. =^-^=

Just a side note for those who weren't 'townies', some of us had one-shot abilities. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that townies are the ones who used their abilities, while one-shot vigs like mikehart are those who didn't. I was a one-shot doc and protected dragon on night 6 I believe. Thanks CB. :D
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:41 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Complete Roles REVEALED!

Mafia Roles:
Panini Mafia PM wrote:Welcome to the Panini Mafia Family!

Fuldu - Panini Godfather - Turns up "innocent" to cops
sycko999 - Panini Consigliere
Dragon Phoenix - Panini Thug
dystopiate - Panini Thug

You may talk to each other at night, and each night you may send one of your members out to kill. Your goal is to eliminate all non-Panini players.

That was standard, here's the twist: There is another Mafia family in this town as well, and the two consiglieres have brokered a peace deal. Therefore, as long as both consiglieres are alive, there will be no mafia-on-mafia violence. If a member of one mafia tries to kill a member of another mafia, the kill will fail. Once one consigliere dies, the truce will weaken: there will only be a 50% chance that the kill will fail. If both consiglieres die, or if there is a successful mafia-on-mafia kill, then it will be all-out war.

Talk amongst yourselves, and send me a kill choice that looks something like: " _______ will kill __________." Happy hunting!
Gazpacho Mafia Family wrote:Welcome to the Gazpacho Mafia Family!

HotSauce - Gazpacho Godfather - Turns up "innocent" to cops
Flying Dutchman - Gazpacho Consigliere
spork76 - Gazpacho Thug
mole - Gazpacho Thug

You may talk to each other at night, and each night you may send one of your members out to kill. Your goal is to eliminate all non-Gazpacho players.

That was standard, here's the twist: There is another Mafia family in this town as well, and the two consiglieres have brokered a peace deal. Therefore, as long as both consiglieres are alive, there will be no mafia-on-mafia violence. If a member of one mafia tries to kill a member of another mafia, the kill will fail. Once one consigliere dies, the truce will weaken: there will only be a 50% chance that the kill will fail. If both consiglieres die, or if there is a successful mafia-on-mafia kill, then it will be all-out war.

Talk amongst yourselves, and send me a kill choice that looks something like: " _______ will kill __________." Happy hunting!
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:54 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Special Roles:
Internet Stranger wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are the CLOWN!

You thrive off of attention and making other people laugh. Therefore, if you meet ONE of the two following criteria during any given day, you will be protected from night kills that night:
1) A player laughs at something you said, or remarks about how you are funny.
2) You are quoted (white-box style) by five or more players

If you reveal yourself as a CLOWN, everyone will think you're trying too hard to be funny, and will lose their senses of childlike wonder. Having failed in your duty as a clown, you will lose your abilities. Likewise, if the above conditions are revealed (or even strongly hinted at) in the thread, you will lose your powers.

Please confirm by PM or email.

-CB
I swear on everything that is holy that I assigned all roles randomly. The RNG, bless its heart, gave this one to IS.
DoomCow wrote:DoomCow, you are a PIRATE... whoops, wrong game.

No, you are the MEDIUM. Each night, you can pick a dead player, and I will send you a list of the night choices that player made. Other than that, you have no abilities. You are pro-town.

-CB
The medium role was nigh-useless up until a consigliere died and that mechanic was revealed. At that point, the medium role became very powerful. I, of course, expected DoomCow to suffer the fate of every new role in a large game and get killed Night One. Obviously, this did not happen.
Phoebus wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are DREAD CTHULHU, an ancient being of unfathomable evil and malice. Your goal is to devour all the puny humans who live in the town built above your sacred temple. Each night, you have two choices: you can either lie sleeping in your sunken city of R'yleh, or you can go out and DEVOUR some hapless passerby. If you lie sleeping, you will be hidden from other players (their night choices will fail if they target you). If you go out and DEVOUR.. well, I guess that's pretty self-explanatory.

Please confirm by PM or email and include your Night One choice.

Good luck, you gigantic monster, you!

-CB
Dread Cthulhu could not hide more than two nights in a row. Each time Cthulhu hid, I sent DoomCow a weird creepy dream. Each time Cthulhu killed, I told DoomCow he was awake the whole night, shaking in fear. Phoebus took the conservative HIDE HIDE KILL strategy, and stuck to it. I gave him this game's Brass Balls award for coming out as Cthulhu and trying to convince everyone he was a powerless townie - KNOWING that he was going to have to devour someone that Night.
Electra' wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are the ENRAGED MUNCHKIN! Each night, you can pick someone to assault. Due to your diminuitive stature, all you can really do is hang onto their ankles and bite, but that should be enough to distract them from carrying out their usual nighttime activities.

Please confirm by PM or email and include the name of your Night One victim.

-CB
Not really a special role... just a roleblocker with a funny name.
Wacky wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are a TOWNIE. In addition to your amazing array of normal townie powers, you run the local laundromat. Each night, you can check a player's clothes to look for bloodstains (only players who have performed a kill will have bloody clothes).

-CB
The laundromat owner has been used before, but not recently. Wacky had great investigative hunches - after Night One, he targeted both godfathers and was catching DP red-handed (or clothed) when mole snuck up behind him with the piano wire.
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:06 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Normal Town Roles:

Cops:
STD I wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are the town's dependable COP!

Each night, send in the name of a player you wish to investigate, and I will send you back a "guilty" or "innocent" result.

Please confirm by PM or email, and include your Night One choice.
STD II/Otaku376 wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are a retired cop, happily living the life of golf and pension checks. However, if the mafia problem in this town is as bad as it's rumored to be, you might have to step in and take action....
The laundromat and the medium also had some investigative muscle. With the Mafia truce, I figured the town would need a little more help than usual.

Docs:
Maximus wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are the town DOCTOR. Each night, you may choose to protect one player, which will stop ALL night kills targeting him. Send me a name each night, and that player will be protected.
pie_is_good wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are a MED STUDENT. Right now, all you can do is complain about how high your student loans are, but if the need arises, you could fill in for the town doctor.
Vigilante:
mlaker wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are the town VIGILANTE. You can choose to kill someone at night, any night, as many times as you want. I won't wait for your choice before ending Nights, so if you do want to kill, get your choice in early.
One-Shots:
mikehart wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are a TOWNIE with a gun. Once during the game, you can choose to make a night kill. Send me a choice if (when?) you decide to kill.
Tigris/Skrrgh/Untrod Tripod wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are a TOWNIE.

Not an ordinary townie though... you have a one-shot ability to protect another player from night attack. I will not wait for your night choice, so if you intend to use your power, get that choice in before the deadline.

You win with the town.
Quagmire wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are a one-shot doc! Send me a choice when you decide to use your (one-time) power to protect someone.

Plain Townies:
ZONEACE wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are a TOWNIE.

Enjoy!

bane221 wrote:Welcome to Mafia 24! You are stepping into a great Mafia tradition, taking on the role that has been played by all the legendary players. This role has been called "the defining Mafia role" and is one of the game's most ancient standbys. Yes, you are a TOWNIE.

Please confirm by PM or email
silgado106 wrote:Townie.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
CaptainBlicero
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
CaptainBlicero
ARRRRRRRR!
ARRRRRRRR!

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:27 am

Post by CaptainBlicero »

Night Actions:

Night One - EVERYONE targets IS
------------------------------------------
Panini - dystopiate kill spork76 (fails due to consiglieres)
Gazpacho - spork76 kills STD
Cthulhu - HIDE

Cop - investigate IS
Doc - protect IS
Munchkin - block IS
Laundromat - check pie_is_good (clean)

Night Two - Quagmire gets double-hit
-----------------
Panini - dystopiate kill Quagmire
Gazpacho - spork76 kill Quagmire
Cthulhu - HIDE (blocked)

Backup Cop - investigate Electra (innocent)
Doc - protect HotSauce
Munchkin - block Phoebus
Laundromat - check Fuldu (clean)
Medium - read SaveTheDragons
Clown - protected from night kills
Quagmire - uses one-shot save to protect himself (not enough)

Night Three - Cthulhu strikes!
-------------------
Panini - DP kill Electra
Gazpacho - mole kill sycko999 (fails due to consiglieres)
Cthulhu - devour dystopiate

Backup Cop - investigate pie_is_good (innocent)
Doc - protect IS
Munchkin - block pie_is_good
Laundromat - check Fuldu (clean)
Medium - read spork76

Night Four - Town in Trouble
---------------
Panini - DP kill mole (fails due to consiglieres)
Gazpacho - mole kill Wacky
Cthulhu - HIDE

Backup Cop - investigate IS (innocent)
Backup Doc - protect sycko999
Laundromat - check DP (bloody)
Medium - read Electra
Vigilante - kill IS

Night Five - There's something about Phoebus...
----------------
Panini - DP kill Phoebus (fails - "You look all over for Phoebus, but you can't seem to find him")
Gazpacho - FD kill mlaker
Cthulhu - HIDE

Backup Cop - investigate Phoebus (no result - "You look all over for Phoebus, but you can't find him anywhere")
Backup Doc - protect Fuldu
Medium - read Wacky

Night Six - Bad luck for the Mafs
------------------
Panini - DP kill FD (fails - the coin flip came up tails)
Gazpacho - HotSauce kill STD II (fails due to doc protection)
Cthulhu - devour DP

Backup Cop - investigate HotSauce (innocent)
Backup Doc - protect STD II
Medium - read sycko999
Tigris - uses one-shot to protect STD II

Night Seven - Doc saves the Day again
-----------------
Panini - Fuldu kill bane221
Gazpacho - mole kill STD II (fails due to doc protection)

Backup Cop - investigate Fuldu (innocent)
Medium - read DP

Night Eight - Fall of the Gazpachos
-------------------
Panini - Fuldu kill HotSauce (success - coin came up heads)
Gazpacho - HotSauce kill Zoneace

Backup Cop - investigate Zoneace (innocent)
Medium - read mole

Night Nine - Missed opportunity
--------------------
Panini - Fuldu kill Tigris

Backup Cop - investigate Tigris (innocent)
Backup Doc - protect Fuldu
Medium - read HotSauce

Night Ten - Game Over
---------------------
Panini - Fuldu kill pie_is_good

Backup Cop - investigate DoomCow (innocent)
Medium - read dystopiate
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:56 am

Post by Phoebus »

Excellent game CB!
I just wish I was going to make more normals - I'd use the consiglieres. Great fun!
Though with DoomCow's dreams - I feel slightly...I dunno...impotent? :P
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
DoomCow
DoomCow
Goon
DoomCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:07 pm

Post by DoomCow »

No need for that... I only had 4 dreams about you and even after you claimed and I knew they were about you, I wasn't sure if you were good or bad...

I'll post the dream I had on night 4, since it happens to be the most interesting (from my point of view at least)
CaptainBlicero (PM) wrote:You find yourself in the town square, where three groups of dogs are fighting over some object. Half of the dogs are white, about one-quarter are black, and about one-quarter are brown. A large, hulking wolf watches the melee from the outside, but none of the dogs seem to notice it. The wolf is slowly eating away at a half-devoured dog carcass, but is watching the dogs intently as they fight over their prize. As you get closer to the scene, you see that the dogs are fighting over a dead body.

Once again, you wake up in the morning feeling greatly disturbed, as if someone -- or something -- is watching you.
No you weren't there when nothing happened baby, some fool can testify. Nobody saw your nails were dirty baby, just blame the flirty vile. You've got to say the wrong words right baby, you got to tell a lie.
-'Lie' Daan
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:18 pm

Post by Cadmium »

::sorting threads::
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”