Not Your Mama’s Roll2Dodge [2/4] (SIGNUPS OPEN)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Not Your Mama’s Roll2Dodge [2/4] (SIGNUPS OPEN)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 am

Post by James Brafin »

Since Korina is on site break, I’m gonna step in and fill her place. This is a full-fledged system based on R2D, the forum game. Some of you may recall that I ran a game with this system in PreAlpha about a year ago, and we're now ready to take it for an Alpha spin! I will take 4 players on an epic adventure, where we will explore, adventure, and have a good time.

Rules:
  • READ THE CORE RULEBOOK. I cannot express this strongly enough. It contains critical information and is not that long, only about 18 pages.
    All players start with 75 SP. If you don’t know what that means, then see 1.
    We will use paths as templates, but feel free to customize and suggest some alterations and new abilities. More paths will be released as time goes on, and you may use them as well if you like. If you don’t know what that means, see 1.
    Please ignore teh character sheet and the book of Traits. They are outdated and should not be used with this version of Roll2Dodge. If you don't know what that means, see 1.
    You will not be required to have Motivations. If you don’t know what that means, see 1.
    We will be using special health rules, which add Sanity to the game. Basically they are a special version of Wounds that represent your mental state rather than physical well-being. If you don’t know what that means, see 1.
    We will be using alignments from D&D. I’d like to see if I want them or something similar for a future edition.
    Don’t be an ass. We are all nice people here. Toxicity will not be tolerated.
    Don't quote PMs.
    This is my modding color. Don't use it.

This is my narrator voice. You can type in italics, just not whole paragraphs.

Keep it PG-13.
    See 1.
If you have any questions or character ideas let me know in thread, just make sure to /in so I know you're playing.

Links:
Rules Documents: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hma5g ... m05X5EF7qf
Discord: https://discord.gg/rtd7swK

Playerlist:
Felissan
Formerfish
NotMySpamAccount
Last edited by James Brafin on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:05 am, edited 11 times in total.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:45 am

Post by James Brafin »

(Reserved for Character Sheets)

FormerFish: Bradford Timothy Clark of the Glasgow Clarks, the Gentleman InvestigatorWounds: 3/3
Spent SP: 75/75
+1 bonus to general knowledge and history
Influence pool (Size: 5)
You ignore invisibility and flanking effects.
Intuition Pool (Size: 8)
You receive 1 Intuition when you succeed at a Perception check by 5 or more. You get a +1 bonus to dodge for every 2 points of Intuition you have.
Whenever you successfully defend against an attack by 5 or more, you may make a counterattack (if you haven’t already against that target this turn)
+1 to dodge attacks
+1 to general knowledge
+1 bonus to tracking
+2 bonus to bluff
+2 bonus to perception
+2 to detect lies
+2 to unarmed and ranged combat

NMSA: Alexander Hunt, The Street Rat CharlatanWounds:3/3
Spent SP: 65/75
+1 bonus to bluff and deceit
You can’t be stunned or flat-footed.
Charm (Ability) x3
You get a +3 bonus to social checks for 1 minute.
Disarming Tongue (Combat Maneuver) x4
Make a C check against a foe. If you succeed, the foe is dazzled or flatfooted for 30 seconds.
+1 to social checks
Flirt/Goad (Combat Maneuver) x2
Make a C check against a foe. If you succeed, the foe is enraged or infatuated for 30 seconds.
+2 bonus to ranged attacks
+3 bonus to bluff

Inferno390: ???, the Firestone Fighter/Steamworks Spellcaster LaborerWounds:3/3
Spent SP: 75/75
+1 bonus to strength
+1 to resist mental effects and exhaustion
You may add the Fire or Earth element to your attacks
Barbarian Fury (Inherent Ability)
You become Enraged (+2 Strength, -2 Focus) for 1 minute. When the effect wears off, you take a general -1 exhaustion modifier afterwards.
+2 bonus to physical attacks
+2 bonus to strength
Magmatic Fist (Spell)
Make a +1 physical Fire attack against an entity. On success the entity is lit on fire for 30 seconds in addition to receiving damage. Usable twice every time you become Enraged, but only during that period.
While Enraged, entities within five feet are attacked passively each round. This is an magical attack.
Gear Throw (Spell) x3
-1 30 ft. ranged attack targeting up to three targets.
+2 bonus to mechanics
+2 bonus to attack spells
+2 bonus to metalcraft
Steam Shot (Spell)
40 ft. ray attack dealing hot damage. Stuns on a success of 6 or more.
Last edited by James Brafin on Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Felissan »

/in
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Yay! Any idea of what character you might want?
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by Felissan »

I'm not sure yet. What kind of setting are you running?
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:36 am

Post by James Brafin »

I was planning on a steampunk/fantasy cross. I have a few different additional Paths I need to type up that it would work with, and I thought it sounded fun and different.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

/in
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

/in
my husband and true love, Tomonori Kotokura (Hiiro no Kakera 4)

How is that relevant? Uhhh, he would be great at forum mafia if he lived today and not ~1000 years ago in a fantasy setting.
Sushi Martyr
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Sushi Martyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Sushi Martyr »

Admittedly I'm not that familiar with the steampunk genre, but it seems like it could be fun.

I don't really have any concrete character ideas yet; my mind's still kind of struggling to process the whole concept of
having
this much freedom in creating a character. :lol: In a good way. I'll sit down tomorrow and see if I can flesh something out then.
my husband and true love, Tomonori Kotokura (Hiiro no Kakera 4)

How is that relevant? Uhhh, he would be great at forum mafia if he lived today and not ~1000 years ago in a fantasy setting.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I kinda like the idea of a tinkerer, like someone who is able to make things out of stuff available to them to get them out of trouble. Someone very able to adjust and keep moving.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Sounds good to me for all the above. If you can give me a basic idea, I can generate some Traits that would help you get started. Of course, the more specific you are, the easier it is for me to come up with stuff.
And if you need help coming up with an idea, let me know and I should be able to help with that too.

@Former: Could we maybe use a Resource Trait to simulate the amount of spare parts and materials you have on hand, and then you can expend those points to attempt certain checks?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 10, James Brafin wrote:@Former: Could we maybe use a Resource Trait to simulate the amount of spare parts and materials you have on hand, and then you can expend those points to attempt certain checks?
Is that something from the link above? I was trying to look on my phone earlier but got confused and gave up.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by Felissan »

I was thinking maybe I could be some kind of sniper? It depends on whether it fits within the setting.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 12, Felissan wrote:I was thinking maybe I could be some kind of sniper? It depends on whether it fits within the setting.
Ever read the dark tower series? Could be like a gunslinger?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 am

Post by James Brafin »

In post 11, Formerfish wrote:
In post 10, James Brafin wrote:@Former: Could we maybe use a Resource Trait to simulate the amount of spare parts and materials you have on hand, and then you can expend those points to attempt certain checks?
Is that something from the link above? I was trying to look on my phone earlier but got confused and gave up.
It is. When you get the opportunity, do try to read the core document. It is so important, and I can’t stress how necessary it is to be able to play. I can explain the different mechanics, but the document makes it so much easier and clearer. The current core rules are in the folder labeled as such.
In post 12, Felissan wrote:I was thinking maybe I could be some kind of sniper? It depends on whether it fits within the setting.
As it’s steampunk, I think a sniper/gunslinger would be fine. Do you want any magical abilities, or are you thinking just combat maneuvers and special abilities?
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:42 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

/in
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 am

Version 1.0 or 1.2? I assume the latter.
Show

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:59 am

Wait I'm just stupid ignore me pls.
Show

James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:04 am

Post by James Brafin »

Yay! That’s 4 people! I will sit down and try to get some more detailed stuff up when I'm not phone-posting.
Last edited by James Brafin on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:06 am

Post by Felissan »

I've still got to read some parts of the rules. How about I contact you on discord for character creation when I'm done? That should speed things up quite a bit.
- DeathRowKitty 2016
- DeathRowKitty 2018
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Formerfish »

A discord for this would be cool.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:11 am

Post by James Brafin »

Yes, a discord would be great. I will set one up for us and put a link in the doobly-doo up above.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Also, just for everyone's knowledge, Inferno390 will be co-modding. If you have any questions, feel free to direct them his way as well.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Ok, so after all that I am thinking about the show Burn Notice, where the main character was a burned spy who was doing good deeds for people using his special skill set.

I kinda want something like that, where I can talk my way out of most things, but also am able to use what is available to me to make an escape if needed. I dont want to be strong, or big, ive always been more nimble and walked softly.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I've never seen the show but I think I have the gist of it. I think I can whip a path template up for that pretty easy, and you can tell me what you do and don't like in it, so we can tweak it to your preferences. Sound good?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”