The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #125  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:45 am

>S
You rush down the stairs in panic.

Front Porch
This is the enclosed front porch of your home. Your front garden lies to the south, and you can re-enter your home to the north.
On the doormat is a pile of junk mail.

>

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #126  (ISO)  » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:46 am

>save

Please supply a filename for save: Iconeum
Ok.

>

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #127  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:17 am

Read junk mail
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #128  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:14 pm

>read junk mail
There are many pieces of mail. Most are from some computer company called Infocom which wants you to buy their games. Hidden underneath is an official letter from the local council, dated some two years ago and inexplicably not delivered till now, explaining that a demolition order has been served on your home. The date of demolition is today's date.

>

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #129  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 pm

> south
> east
Semi-retired from Mafia as of September 2018. Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up is back for the holidays; join anytime!

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #130  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:56 pm

>south
Front of House
You can enter your home to the north. A path leads around it to the northeast and northwest, and a country lane is visible to the south. All that lies between your home and the huge yellow bulldozer bearing down on it is a few yards of mud.

Mr. Prosser, from the local council, is standing on the other side of the bulldozer. He seems to be wearing a digital watch. He looks startled to see you emerge, and yells at you to get out of the way.
The bulldozer rumbles slowly toward your home.

>east
You can't go that way.
The bulldozer rumbles slowly toward your home.

>

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #131  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:57 pm

> get out of the way
Semi-retired from Mafia as of September 2018. Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up is back for the holidays; join anytime!

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #132  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:19 pm

>get out of the way
I don't know the word "way".

>

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #133  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm

> southwest
Semi-retired from Mafia as of September 2018. Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up is back for the holidays; join anytime!

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #134  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:41 pm

>southwest
You can't go that way.
The bulldozer rumbles slowly toward your home.

>

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #135  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 pm

> northeast
Semi-retired from Mafia as of September 2018. Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up is back for the holidays; join anytime!

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #136  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:55 pm

>northeast
Back of House
The rear garden is a pleasant place. It's a bright morning, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the meadows are blooming, and it's a lovely day for a walk. A path leads around the house to the southeast and southwest.

>

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #137  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:58 pm

> wait
Semi-retired from Mafia as of September 2018. Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up is back for the holidays; join anytime!

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #138  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 pm

>wait
Time passes...
The bulldozer piles into the side of your home.

Your home collapses in a cloud of dust, and a stray flying brick hits you squarely on the back of the head. You try to think of some suitable last words, but what with the confusion of the moment and the spinning of your head, you are unable to compose anything pithy and expire in silence.

>

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #139  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 pm

>
>
>
>
> restart
> turn on lights
> get up
> get gown
> wear gown
> open pocket
> take aspirin
> take all
> leave
> read
> take all
> south
> attack mr. prosser
Semi-retired from Mafia as of September 2018. Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up is back for the holidays; join anytime!

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #140  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 pm

>restart
You keep out of this, you're dead. An ambulance arrives.

>restart
You keep out of this, you're dead and should be concentrating on developing a good firm rigor mortis. You are put in the ambulance, which drives away.

>restart
For a dead person you are talking too much. As the ambulance reaches the mortuary a fleet of Vogon Constructor ships unexpectedly arrives and demolishes the Earth to make way for a new hyperspace bypass.

We are about to give you your score. Put on your peril-sensitive sunglasses now. (Hit RETURN or ENTER when ready.) >

Your score is 10 of a possible 400, in 20 turns.

Would you like to start over, restore a saved position, or end this session of the game?
(Type RESTART, RESTORE, or QUIT): > RESTART


THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
Infocom interactive fiction - a science fiction story
Copyright (c) 1984 by Infocom, Inc. All rights reserved.
Release 59 / Serial number 851108

You wake up. The room is spinning very gently round your head. Or at least it would be if you could see it which you can't.

It is pitch black.

>turn on lights
Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.

Bedroom, in the bed
The bedroom is a mess.
It is a small bedroom with a faded carpet and old wallpaper. There is a washbasin, a chair with a tatty dressing gown slung over it, and a window with the curtains drawn. Near the exit leading south is a phone.
There is a flathead screwdriver here. (outside the bed)
There is a toothbrush here. (outside the bed)

>get up
Very difficult, but you manage it. The room is still spinning. It dips and sways a little.

>get gown
Luckily, this is large enough for you to get hold of. You notice something in the pocket.

>wear gown
You are now wearing your gown.

>open pocket
Opening your gown reveals a thing your aunt gave you which you don't know what it is, a buffered analgesic, and pocket fluff.

>take aspirin
You swallow the tablet. After a few seconds the room begins to calm down and behave in an orderly manner. Your terrible headache goes.

>take all
telephone: You pick up the receiver. A moment later, the dialing tone is suddenly cut off. Glancing through the window you can't help but notice the large old oak tree of which you are particularly fond crashing down through the phone cable.
flathead screwdriver: Taken.
toothbrush: As you pick up the toothbrush a tree outside the window collapses. There is no causal relationship between these two events. Shouldn't you be taking more interest in events in the world around you? While you've got it...?

>leave
You make your way down to the front porch.

Front Porch
This is the enclosed front porch of your home. Your front garden lies to the south, and you can re-enter your home to the north.
On the doormat is a pile of junk mail.

>read
(loose pile of junk mail)
There are many pieces of mail. Most are from some computer company called Infocom which wants you to buy their games. Hidden underneath is an official letter from the local council, dated some two years ago and inexplicably not delivered till now, explaining that a demolition order has been served on your home. The date of demolition is today's date.

>take all
loose pile of junk mail: You gather up the pile of mail.

>south
Front of House
You can enter your home to the north. A path leads around it to the northeast and northwest, and a country lane is visible to the south. All that lies between your home and the huge yellow bulldozer bearing down on it is a few yards of mud.

Mr. Prosser, from the local council, is standing on the other side of the bulldozer. He seems to be wearing a digital watch. He looks startled to see you emerge, and yells at you to get out of the way.
The bulldozer rumbles slowly toward your home.

>attack mr. prosser
He dodges, insisting that this is incorrect procedure.
The bulldozer rumbles slowly toward your home.

>

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #141  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:57 pm

> south
Semi-retired from Mafia as of September 2018. Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up is back for the holidays; join anytime!

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #142  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:57 am

>south
Country Lane
The road runs from your home, to the north, toward the village Pub, to the west.
The bulldozer piles into the side of your home.

Your home collapses in a cloud of dust, and a stray flying brick hits you squarely on the back of the head. You try to think of some suitable last words, but what with the confusion of the moment and the spinning of your head, you are unable to compose anything pithy and expire in silence.

>

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #143  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 am

restart
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #144  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:27 am

> turn on lights
> get up
> get gown
> wear gown
> open pocket
> take aspirin
> take all
> leave
> read
> take all
> south
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #145  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:32 am

THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
Infocom interactive fiction - a science fiction story
Copyright (c) 1984 by Infocom, Inc. All rights reserved.
Release 59 / Serial number 851108

You wake up. The room is spinning very gently round your head. Or at least it would be if you could see it which you can't.

It is pitch black.

>turn on lights
Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.

Bedroom, in the bed
The bedroom is a mess.
It is a small bedroom with a faded carpet and old wallpaper. There is a washbasin, a chair with a tatty dressing gown slung over it, and a window with the curtains drawn. Near the exit leading south is a phone.
There is a flathead screwdriver here. (outside the bed)
There is a toothbrush here. (outside the bed)

>get up
Very difficult, but you manage it. The room is still spinning. It dips and sways a little.

>get gown
Luckily, this is large enough for you to get hold of. You notice something in the pocket.

>wear gown
You are now wearing your gown.

>open pocket
Opening your gown reveals a thing your aunt gave you which you don't know what it is, a buffered analgesic, and pocket fluff.

>take aspirin
You swallow the tablet. After a few seconds the room begins to calm down and behave in an orderly manner. Your terrible headache goes.

>take all
telephone: You pick up the receiver. A moment later, the dialing tone is suddenly cut off. Glancing through the window you can't help but notice the large old oak tree of which you are particularly fond crashing down through the phone cable.
flathead screwdriver: Taken.
toothbrush: As you pick up the toothbrush a tree outside the window collapses. There is no causal relationship between these two events. Shouldn't you be taking more interest in events in the world around you? While you've got it...?

>leave
You make your way down to the front porch.

Front Porch
This is the enclosed front porch of your home. Your front garden lies to the south, and you can re-enter your home to the north.
On the doormat is a pile of junk mail.

>read
(loose pile of junk mail)
There are many pieces of mail. Most are from some computer company called Infocom which wants you to buy their games. Hidden underneath is an official letter from the local council, dated some two years ago and inexplicably not delivered till now, explaining that a demolition order has been served on your home. The date of demolition is today's date.

>take all
loose pile of junk mail: You gather up the pile of mail.

>south
Front of House
You can enter your home to the north. A path leads around it to the northeast and northwest, and a country lane is visible to the south. All that lies between your home and the huge yellow bulldozer bearing down on it is a few yards of mud.

Mr. Prosser, from the local council, is standing on the other side of the bulldozer. He seems to be wearing a digital watch. He looks startled to see you emerge, and yells at you to get out of the way.
The bulldozer rumbles slowly toward your home.

>

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #146  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:45 am

Talk to Mr. Prosser
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #147  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:51 am

>talk to mr. prosser
Hmmm ... Mr. Prosser looks at you expectantly, as if you seemed to be about to talk.

>

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #148  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:04 am

Prosser, [stop this bulldozer]
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Charles510
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #149  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:07 pm

>prosser, stop this bulldozer
I don't know the word "this".

>prosser, stop bulldozer
Prosser says "I wouldn't stop the bulldozer even if you were lying in front of it!"
The bulldozer rumbles slowly toward your home.

>

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash