2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:04 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Looks like my RB room…I have Swift, but losing Mostert/Edwards and having Saquon not at 100% yet hurts. Need about 29 out of Swift to win this week and avoid an 0-2 start.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The first 3 weeks of any season have the most injuries and upsets. My team laid an egg in week 1 and lost in week 2 despite being in top 4 of scoring. Things will level out as we continue to see who is good in the nfl and who is Drew Lock. Its unfortunate to start out 0-2 but making a come back can still be done.

Speaking of Drew Lock, I think I get why Fangio went with Teddy over Drew. Teddy is not flashy but he less prone to mistakes than Drew Lock. Denver's opening season schedule does not require flash to win. Making few mistakes can easily get you wins over Giants, Jags, and coming up this week, they get the Jets! My lord the scheduling team clearly likes them broncos
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I mean, Drew Lock has had very few good moments in his career, and Teddy Bridgewater played the injury-riddled Panthers into several very close games against very good teams last year. I don’t think it’s hard to argue that Bridgewater is significantly better than Lock…it definitely doesn’t seem like a masterplay.

(profile pic by datisi)
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:53 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 266, Nero Cain wrote:CMC gets turf toe in week 3
Close!
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:54 am

Post by superbowl9 »

HAHA I knew it would be a bad decision to take that antivirus scrub! Good thing I drafted.... oh
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

RIP my auction league team. Also didn’t realize auction league wasn’t PPR. Not sure I would’ve bid so much for McCaffrey if I knew that wasn’t the case.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

auction has never ever been PPR.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 331, Nero Cain wrote:auction has never ever been PPR.
Yeah I know. Just have 4 other leagues that are either PPR or half PPR so I forgot
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

0-3 in scumleague probably woooooooooooooo

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Joe why did you start Murray and not wait to see what happened with Henderson? Were you not gonna be around to change it or what?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 334, Nero Cain wrote:Joe why did you start Murray and not wait to see what happened with Henderson? Were you not gonna be around to change it or what?
I saw tons of reports throughout the week how he wasn't looking good to start, saw one earlier today that he definitely wasn't gonna play. TB's defense is way better than Detroit so I figured it was a no brainer. Sucks knowing I could've played literally any other of my benched running backs and won the matchup but I thought Murray was the best choice at the time.
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Groose Caboose »

In post 335, Groose Caboose wrote:
In post 334, Nero Cain wrote:Joe why did you start Murray and not wait to see what happened with Henderson? Were you not gonna be around to change it or what?
I saw tons of reports throughout the week how he wasn't looking good to start, saw one earlier today that he definitely wasn't gonna play. TB's defense is way better than Detroit so I figured it was a no brainer. Sucks knowing I could've played literally any other of my benched running backs and won the matchup but I thought Murray was the best choice at the time.
Wait no that was auction league. I don't have Murray in auction league. Same concept though. Williams was available and had a solid matchup, it just didn't pan out.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I meant in L1 where you started Murray over Michel

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean you still would have lost as starting Michel instead of Murray gets you 123.12 and I had 124.08, assuming I can math

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yahoo/Rotoworld typo'd Jake Funk as Fake Funk or maybe that's supposed to be his nickname or something.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by PJ. »

Jake Funk is my wrestling name
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:20 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

Oh. Again this comes down to who had a more favorable matchup. I’d absolutely do it again if given a do over. Can’t be results oriented in fantasy football.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 333, D3f3nd3r wrote:0-3 in scumleague probably woooooooooooooo
Yay you and I not looking good. At least You won league 1 last year and I won league 2 last year so that's something. I seem to recall Joe/Caboose having a lot of losses early last year in league 2 but he turned it around and got to playoffs so D3f and I could do same. I do not feel my team is bad. I think I have run into some bad luck here and there picking few wrong players and having tough schedule so far.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

scumbowl hangover

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:39 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

It’s tough because it’s really not the case of one chronic nonperformer…everyone is just having a lot of mediocre-to-okay weeks and you usually need a player to actually get to the next level if you want to win.

Hopefully those performances start happening soon, because I’ve really only gotten the ones out of Thielen/Hill from Week 1 (and I blew that on awful RB play).

Would love to turn it all the way around and make playoffs but I think the better hope is clawing back to at least avoid relegation.

(profile pic by datisi)
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:20 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

Yeah, I was like 0-5 last year and ended up breaking even so it’s definitely possible!
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

If Cordarrelle Patterson can save my season like he's trying to do, anything is possible!
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 322, Nero Cain wrote:I don't get why anyone takes Barkley early in the draft.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah yeah...I'm still undefeated in L2

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, got my first L in L1 and both 0-3 teams won big

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”