2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Somehow staying in fifth despite moving to 6-6 and 0-4 in the division. Probably going to be me, PJ, and PEG at 6-6 fighting for two spots, with Kilga and maybe Groose a game back.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

We are about to have 4 people tied at 4-8 in league 1! lol!
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:34 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Can BrightEyedFish drop one of their SIX running backs for the love of god lmfao
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 475, D3f3nd3r wrote:Somehow staying in fifth despite moving to 6-6 and 0-4 in the division. Probably going to be me, PJ, and PEG at 6-6 fighting for two spots, with Kilga and maybe Groose a game back.
I'll need a lot to go my way to be a factor given I'm eventually facing KK with my best player on a bye week :(
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:48 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Can BrightEyedFish drop one of their SIX running backs for the love of god lmfao
Does yahoo have settings that can be used to limit how many of any one position are on your team? Not just starters but that position in total?

I know we are not using them, but it would be interesting to see a league that limits how many you can have of each position
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:20 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 463, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 458, PJ. wrote:Edit: And i'm pretty sure that post season as never affected relegation but if we could get confirmation on that won't be the case this year from Nero, and/or a fact check from d3f the king of facts that'd be great.
to be honest I haven't paid much attention to the consolation bracket. I was under the impression that it was mostly funzies and didn't have the ability to change your ranking but if you look at last year racefan won the 5th place game and tally won the 7th place game and they both finished 5th and 7th so its possible that you can improve on your rank.

From what I understand, your consolation bracket will mirror your championship bracket so 7th and 8th will be bye week 15. 9 and 12 will play, and 10 and 11.

I believe that we have always used after so status quo?
Yeah, but the 7-12 teams are in a consolation bracket this year, when they weren't before. You need to tell us if this consolation bracket that you accidentally put us all in by screwing the playoff settings up matters in terms of relegation, preferably before the penultimate and last weeks of the season.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:26 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 477, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Can BrightEyedFish drop one of their SIX running backs for the love of god lmfao
I also have six RBs! And I could realistically see myself starting any of the six of them over the next 2-3 weeks!

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 480, PJ. wrote:Yeah, but the 7-12 teams are in a consolation bracket this year, when they weren't before. You need to tell us if this consolation bracket that you accidentally put us all in by screwing the playoff settings up matters in terms of relegation, preferably before the penultimate and last weeks of the season.
no?

consolation bracket is an automatic feature and we've had it every year. Yahoo help says "The next 4 teams (or the next 6 for 12+ team leagues) in rank play consolation rounds for 7th-10th or 7-12th place. " I had thought that your two brackets are going to mirror each other but apparently it's just 4 unless there are more than 12 teams. Our playoffs might be a little different this year but the league still functions the same.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:08 am

Post by PJ. »

Prior to this year 9-12 were not in consolation bracket.

So post season does not affect relegation?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Seems like only 7-10 will be in the consolation after all.

Sorry for being slow, I get it now. This is our first year with slots that are normally auto-relegated but now stand the chance of ending the season in 7th or 8th and eh...I mean, in the past we've always used final standings but back then the consolation bracket was meaningless. So status quo/tradition might say that we should stick with that but I could see where ppl might think it's unfair to make 7 and 8 "defend" their slots.

In a way, I do like the idea that the consolation bracket means something but then maybe the right play is to just ignore the consolation bracket and relegate based on end of week 14.

but everything is set up right, it's just a matter of debate. If I had to make a decision as commish then I'd just say we ignore the consolation bracket. I will be sure the write down the standings in case the consolation bracket does change things
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 479, PokerFace wrote:Does yahoo have settings that can be used to limit how many of any one position are on your team? Not just starters but that position in total?
yes

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:10 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 484, Nero Cain wrote:Seems like only 7-10 will be in the consolation after all.
I’m still seeing 7-12

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

oh yeah, I see it.

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

I would personally not mind the consolation bracket mattering in terms of determining who gets relegated, but I can understand that others would prefer to not deviate from beginning-of-season expectations (as much as I'm not sure how anyone would have managed their team differently up to this point).
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm mostly indifferent. I think the idea that the consolation bracket is meaningful is neat but then just ignoring it and sticking to what we've done is ok.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm cool with it mattering next year, if we know ahead of time that's the case. I think it's weird to introduce that 10 days before playoffs starts (especially w/ the commissioner standing to gain from doing so).
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ummmm its been that way since the start of the season, nothing was changed.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

my last league edit was 3 months ago nor was I the one that brought it up. It's just something that didn't get talked about earlier and just recently got brought up.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I was hoping it did matter given where I was after Henry went down, but I got Jamal Williams and Mattison. Gambled on Swift and Cook getting hurt, and they did. I do not like being vulture, but so many others have done same. Was only chance I had. So given I feel I can actually fight back now, I am good with whatever. I think we start it mattering next year is more fair.

Crazily I think I have a slight chance at playoffs still given standings of three 6-6 teams in places 5,6,7 and I am at 9th with 4-8. Now is the more accurate time for...

When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:46 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 491, Nero Cain wrote:ummmm its been that way since the start of the season, nothing was changed.

It wasn't that way last year. It was never said or discussed that their would be a consolation bracket. YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A 6 PERSON PLAYOFF AND CONSOLATION BRACKET. (Which were both 4 last year).

But *none* of that matters. My only point is..post season has never mattered to relegation in the past(because the people being relegated weren't playing) so introducing that 2 weeks before playoffs is fucked up. Especially when you stand to gain from it. That is literally my only point. I do not think you planned this, I think you accidentally changed the settings or yahoo changed them w/ the nfl season changes. I do not think this is intentional in anyway. My only point is, prior to like 2 days ago, nobody knew or thought that there was a post season to avoid relegation and I want you to tell me that the post-season does not count. Preferably in one clear and concise sentence, so that we aren't arguing about this in 3 weeks or 7 months.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 494, PJ. wrote:It was never said or discussed that their would be a consolation bracket.
THERE IS ONE EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

The only difference is that it has more this year and we
could
make it meaningful but it's just a yahoo function and not something that I or Mith before me has to like setup.
In post 494, PJ. wrote:YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A 6 PERSON PLAYOFF
of course I knew, I was the one that made it. With 17 weeks we either had to skip a week which is meh IMO or played a 15-week schedule but the only problem with that is that people are against the idea of playing an extra rando game for some reason. Things
HAD
to change since ya know, the NFL changed. No one really made a decision so I did. I'll also note that I've had the playoffs set to 6 since August 18th which was well before the season even began and there wasn't a peep from you or anyone. A 3-week playoff just works well which is why I did it. now
IF
folks really really do not want a 3 week 6 team playoff and just want the old 4 that's something we can discuss for next season.
In post 494, PJ. wrote:My only point is..post season has never mattered to relegation in the past(because the people being relegated weren't playing) so introducing that 2 weeks before playoffs is fucked up.
again. I was not the one that brought this up nor did I suggest that is what we are doing. Honestly? Yeah, it would be nice if I could win the bracket and salvage my season but realistically that's probably not going to happen. Most of us (including me which you keep conveniently ignoring) seem to not care one way or the other with you being the loudest. I'm not a big fan of the "we can't change anything/make decisions for our current season" and if we were to implement this 2 weeks before the playoffs I don't think it would be "unfair".

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 495, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not a big fan of the "we can't change anything/make decisions for our current season"
If you genuinely believe this then please step down after this season

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not changing anything though...

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by PJ. »

. Except you did. You literally changed the playoff without asking anyone. Remember that big ballot you sent out before the season? Why the fuck wasn't that on it. No one said anything because no one was aware because you changed the shit w/o telling anyone AND without figuring out how relegation would be handled given the rules that you changed without input. And the fact that you are trying to be like "I didn't do anything" here is truly a mark of a person w/ 0 integrity. You're not running this shit next year.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:49 pm

Post by PJ. »

Like even in this very conversation you went 'oh, I didn't know anything about the consolation bracket" to "yeah I changed it all intentionally".

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”