2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 498, PJ. wrote:No one said anything because no one was aware because you changed the shit w/o telling anyone
but did I really?
In post 36, Nero Cain wrote:you know what? a 3 division 12 player league with 3-week playoffs (15, 16, 17) works very nicely. We could do no divisions and just play 3 teams an extra time but im gonna sheep poker and agree with that one.
Also, league edits are publicly viewable so you being ignorant and not looking isn't really my fault. And the bracket was publicly viewable since week 1. If you had such an issue with the playoffs you would have brought this up 3 months ago but I don't think you really have an issue with it, it's just a talking point w/ you possibly upset that you didn't get a say. Never mind the fact that you didn't say anything.

but cmon guy, you are being disingenuous if you think that a change wouldn't be made when one
HAD
to be made. Even if we skipped a week to conform to a 2 week, 4 person playoff that's still a change. To ensure that the league ran smootly I made a choice between a few options and that's my burden as commish/mod. It's not an abuse of power.

still, none of this was an in-season change.

I will give you that I didn't think about relegation since I just made the assumption that everything would be the same and it still is. Poker and D3 just brought up that we could make the consolation meaningful and I think it's an idea that has merit. I just think that theoretically if we made the decision that it would be meaningful this year it wouldn't be "problematic" b/c it doesn't change how anyone approached this year. but no one really seems to care one way or the other....except you.

A guy that's been banned 50 times doesn't get to talk to me about integrity.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:05 am

Post by PJ. »

If a change "had to be made"(it didn't btw), why the fuck wasn't it on the ballot? Are you just incompetent?

Being banned as nothing to do w/ my integrity, if anything it proves I have it.

quote="In post 500, Nero Cain"]I will give you that I didn't think about relegation since I just made the assumption that everything would be the same and it still is. Poker and D3 just brought up that we could make the consolation meaningful and I think it's an idea that has merit. I just think that theoretically if we made the decision that it would be meaningful this year it wouldn't be "problematic" b/c it doesn't change how anyone approached this year. but no one really seems to care one way or the other....except you.[/quote]

1. Cool, finally a real actual quote about relegation not using the post season so I can point to this when you try to be a weasel in 3 weeks

2. I literally said I didn't care for the future but I didn't want it introduced literally 9 days before playoffs. A playoffs that you extended unjustly and without consulting the league and now are trying to change rules concerning. Which has literally been my stance on everything. Do whatever, just tell me before the draft.

3. I literally was not in the league or reading this thread when that post was made. I joined over 2 months AFTER that post was made. My assumption was that if it wasn't on the ballot it wasn't a change for previous years, but I didn't take into account that I needed to double check every setting in a non-money league just in case the *incredibly* scummy commissioner changed anything before I decided to even be in the league.
Last edited by PJ. on Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:09 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Previous seasons: “Consolation brackets do not affect relegation”
This season: “Consolation brackets do affect relegation”
Nero Cain: “I’m not changing anything though…”
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:11 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I suppose it’s technically true to say that you aren’t changing anything but it’s blatantly false to say that nothing is changing

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:29 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm pretty sure he just agreed to not have the consolation bracket affect relegation, but I'd really like the little weasel to say those exact words in an easy to screenshot little blurb.

Or say that it is. mostly answer the question without any of the other bullshit. But just know you lack integrity if you have it affect relegation. But mostly just give a solid answer that we can reference instead of arguing about dumb shit, to try to be like "akshully i don't suck because i *did* mention it in June instead of having a vote on it". Like no one cares dude, we all know you suck. Just tell us how this shit is going so we can move on and continue to pray that you and KMD both end up in league 2 so D3f or I can run league 1.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

my god you are so slimy and dishonest but that's pretty much par for the course
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 502, D3f3nd3r wrote:Previous seasons: “Consolation brackets do not affect relegation”
This season: “Consolation brackets do affect relegation”

Nero Cain: “I’m not changing anything though…”
I don't believe I ever said this.
In post 484, Nero Cain wrote:n a way, I do like the idea that the consolation bracket means something but then
maybe the right play is to just ignore the consolation bracket and relegate based on end of week 14
In post 489, Nero Cain wrote:I'm mostly indifferent. I think the idea that the consolation bracket is meaningful is neat but then just ignoring it and sticking to what we've done is ok.
so I'm not too sure how you got that...

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:02 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I got that because that’s how it’s currently implemented

You said you saw an option to get rid of the consolation bracket, and as of when I looked yesterday morning you had not done so

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 507, D3f3nd3r wrote:I got that because that’s how it’s currently implemented
so when I said maybe the right play is to ignore it that meant I was implementing the change this season?

I've said countless times that the consolation bracket is an automatic thing and you can't turn it off.

Now I will accept some blame b/c I misspoke slightly when I said that "I think I had it turned off" but there's no way to turn it off.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:21 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

when Fantasy Football turns into a Mafia game

w i l d
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:40 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 505, Nero Cain wrote:my god you are so slimy and dishonest but that's pretty much par for the course
where am i dishonest? Where am I slimy? Stop projecting. Honesty is literally my only good trait. You should learn something, you fucking weasel.

Also still waiting on a real straight up answer.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Nero, you're wrong.

The details of it don't really matter overly, you're the commish as far as that matters and you've created multiple situations of confusion and expectations not fulfilled. I encourage you to resign your post if you want to continue playing, because all the misunderstandings and dumb nonsense stem from you.

A classic example of this was how last year you told me you had no space for me in Fantasy, wouldn't do the work to get me setup in the league.

But when someone dropped post draft, you were there looking for me to fill. What was the point in that, to sort of half play some one elses game?

But the expectation was clear for me from then on. You don't give a shit unless it matters to you, then you care. And that's what is happening here. So many of the rulings you have made this year from these conversations sure look like they benefit you more than a general sense of fairness, from an outsider perspective.

That's all. It's not just PJ, or just PJ being an asshole. I see it too.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't really understand your post.

I looked at last year's football thread and I don't see a post from you signing up. We DO need an even # of teams so I guess it's theoretically probable you wanted to play last year and there wasn't a 12th for you.

Like we literally can't draft with an odd number of teams. It was decided to fill flameaxes empty slot and I and others felt it was fairer to make it an active slot and be competitive rather than leave it empty.

I have not made any rulings or changes to the league this year. I did change the playoffs from 4-6 to better fit the schedule but that was before the season even began and I fail to see how that benefits me.

D3 and PJ are claiming that I changed the way that the consolation bracket works but I never did.

So I'm just like confused.

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The way the consolation bracket works changed. Maybe you didn’t do it, but you can’t legitimately admit that there was no change.

And it sucks that we didn’t address this beforehand so there’s no actual definitive way to go, but you can’t claim that simultaneously things are changing and the status quo is being maintained.

(profile pic by datisi)
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Also like this is the third time this season we’ve had this kind of issue stemming from you

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

dude stop lying. I never claimed that relegation works any differently.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

It's almost like...
nothing is changing

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Does anyone even keep trying in consolation brackets? I'm confused why we're arguing lol
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Pretty sure they don't affect anything
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 509, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:when Fantasy Football turns into a Mafia game

w i l d
Happens 2-3 times a year
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:16 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 518, Kmd4390 wrote:Pretty sure they don't affect anything
When we had three leagues, only the top three people in L2 got promoted so the third place consolation game had always been meaningful

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 517, Kmd4390 wrote:Does anyone even keep trying in consolation brackets? I'm confused why we're arguing lol
we are trying to keep this the case. Nero was floating the idea of changing it so he could stay in league 1 =(
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:45 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Rough status of playoff spots for L1

Reck, KK, and Tali have clinched playoff berths
Poker, Nero, Yiley, and Groose are eliminated from the playoffs (Assuming Nero follows through with consolation bracket not affecting relegation, Yiley and Groose will be relegated for sure)

Racefan clinches a playoff berth with a win (but also likely gets in with a loss because of tiebreakers)
Peg and PJ clinch playoff berths with a win, but they are playing each other

Since there will only be at most five teams with eight wins, and since Kilga has a massive lead in the tiebreaker, Kilga almost assuredly clinches a playoff berth with a win

I need to win, I need Kilga to lose, and if Peg loses to PJ I need to outscore him by 37, if I want to sneak in.

Relegation (again assuming Nero follows through with what he said about consolation bracket not mattering)
I survive with a win
Poker needs to win and for me to lose
Nero needs to win, for Poker to lose, for me to lose, and to outscore me by at least 6

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Honestly the best reason for Nero to step down is because other people want him to. I do not want to take charge of any of our leagues next year. Maybe Khan, Tally, KMD or perhaps Panzer forms his rival league. I just want a league with 1 ppr and no flex here next year. Amount of roster spots still does not strike me as a problem given I am in another league with 18 roster spots and 10 starters where I have managed to find players all year and never left a blank spot. As far as how we do waivers in that league, I'm open to whatever most people want. Having friends to play with that want to play with you is what matters more than winning

Can the first post please get a standings update for each league when playoffs start. I would also like to know full relegation standards in case someone does not come back next year. I want to know order of who would move up kind of stuff since we did have 5 League 2's move up at start of this season. People that got 9th or 10th in league 1 last year maybe should have got consideration to stay in L1 to some degree unless that's who left.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:34 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 523, PokerFace wrote:Panzer forms his rival league
Talks have been talked. It will not be a rival league and will not be public.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”