The-Next-Text-Based-Adventure

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 15, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #775  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:23 am

I go and browse the shops,
Im a dog that quacks

N
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2012

Post Post #776  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 am

continue doing what I was doing
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy (go stick your head in a pig)

Cheery Dog
Kayak
 
User avatar
Joined: July 01, 2012
Location: OMG BALL!
Pronoun: They

Post Post #777  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:51 am

Explore the rest of my surroundings.
Life is always what it seems.

Carcalilly
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2015
Location: Florida
Pronoun: She

Post Post #778  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:11 am

kick unresponsive player
"Are you a Mousochist?" -Aristophanes
"don't be carcasilly" -RadiantCowbells
GTKAS

Charles510
Watcher
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #779  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Land back in a tree and rest. Drink an energy potion if I have one. Watch what is going on at the tent.

ConManMick
Dear Derry
 
User avatar
Joined: January 11, 2015
Location: AmsterDANK
Pronoun: He

Post Post #780  (ISO)  » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:59 pm

I dust myself off and check with Swifter to see if he's ok
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL

Hellfire Missile
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 18, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #781  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:06 am

Attempt to do something with mana, be it a distraction or burning everything around me. if I can, without risk to myself or to my friend, I'll escape

What do I have on me right now? (Also test rope strength)

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Under the sea
Pronoun: He

Post Post #782  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:05 am

I head to the first town I can spot.
Weeb-nerd with a motor-mouth, and no class whatsoever.
"Don't bother getting up. You'll be back on the floor in just a few moments."
Earthbound Mafia has one pre-/in remaining!

Hellfire Missile
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 18, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #783  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:47 am

In post 779, Charles510 wrote:Land back in a tree and rest. Drink an energy potion if I have one. Watch what is going on at the tent.

metagaming: Is it okay?

@ANNADOG

Annadog40
All Work and Roleplay
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2015
Location: pasture-flower
Pronoun: She

Post Post #784  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:59 am

In post 783, Hellfire Missile wrote:
In post 779, Charles510 wrote:Land back in a tree and rest. Drink an energy potion if I have one. Watch what is going on at the tent.

metagaming: Is it okay?

@ANNADOG

The character is aware of the fact that they are exhausted, just not to what specific degree, all characters are aware of when they reach very low energy levels. So that way characters don't feel like they randomly pass out for no reason.

Not an update.

Hellfire Missile
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 18, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #785  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:17 am

Attempt to escape using all the energy i can muster without passing out or not being in fighting form.

If my escape may cause harm to myself (death, severe injury, but getting like a cut is okay) or their captive, i dont do it

Annadog40
All Work and Roleplay
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2015
Location: pasture-flower
Pronoun: She

Post Post #786  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:58 am

NoticeIprobablysuck and Vijarada's energy is now at the warning level.


In post 774, Aronis wrote:Okay wait for verification and more information about this prisoner
Have somebody bring me some 5 hour energy or something like that to restore my energy
Have somebody start building a golf course in leafwater
See if the information about a potential task force to get Chaystone under my control has done anything
Have somebody really skilled and trustworthy secretly go spy on the barienese for me and get information about them
Ask Ken if he has anymore advice or needs anything
Find some cool people in my kingdom to hang out with
Okay that's enough stuff to do for now

ResultYou tell them to wait for more information. The Barienese captain nods and walks off.

When you ask for something to restore energy, another servant rushes over with an energy potion.

You then tell the servant to start building a golf course and explain what it is. The servant says "It will be done" and walks off.

After searching for a bit, you find the servant that you sent to assemble a task force. You see they are flanked by a guard and a girl. The servant turns to you and says, "The three of us is all we have. I had to remain discreet for fear of any news of the plan leaking back to Chaystone. I have the power to make others invisi-"

"And I can tell if people are hiding something!" The girl interrupted, she looked no older than seven and is holding a wooden sword. "I'm Rose and I'm ready to stop those big meanies from messing with us!"

The guard says, "I don't have any magic but I'm skilled with a sword." He turns to Rose and says, "And you are not going with us! Laura just needed someone to find recruits."

Rose and the guard then started to argue.

"I'm not sure how great our chances would be," the servant admits, "You can also join us if you wish my lord."

When you ask about spying on the Barienese the servant says, "I could do that but I am also doing this so if I was spying I wouldn't be able to be on the mission, we could use Rose's power to try and find someone but it would take time."

You then ask Ken what he needs, "I would like a communication card so I can keep in touch with the group who are going into Chaystone." A near by servant hands him one.

You then walk off to the platform with the tavern and you hear two guys, one human and the other with shaggy brown hair all over their body laughing and telling jokes so you hang out with them.

Your energy is now 55/100


Enter Action: _____________________

WhemeStar wrote:I go and browse the shops,

ResultYou find, a science institute, an entertainment and results building, a boating and fishing shop, a gem shop, some potion shops, an alchemy shop, a furniture shop, a camping gear shop, an armor shop, a magic scrolls shop, a spoon shop, a bunch of stall vendors and a food and drinks shop.


Enter Action: ______________________

N wrote:continue doing what I was doing

ResultYou continue asking the guy what his deal with spoons is.

The shopkeeper doesn't respond for a long time, then without looking at you says, "I can't leave the shop. Spoons are all I have."

The guy in the red robe is no longer in the shop.


Enter Action: ______________________

Cheery Dog wrote:Explore the rest of my surroundings.

ResultYou explore around and see several shops, a bustling tavern and other buildings. You also see a large beach and several people swimming in the water.

You also see ConManMick, Shaziro, Cerberus v666, Firebringer and others standing near by the portal. When there, someone wearing armor walks up to you and says, "Are you Cheery Dog, the one who stopped the fruit bandits?"

Your energy is now 65/100


Enter Action: ______________________

Carcalilly wrote:kick unresponsive player

ResultYou kick DeathRowKitty, she doesn't respond. A frog hops on to her face.


Enter Action: ______________________

Charles510 wrote:Land back in a tree and rest. Drink an energy potion if I have one. Watch what is going on at the tent.

ResultYou land in a try and rest, you find an energy potion in your inventory and drink it, feeling more and more energized as you drink.

You see Frozen Angel and the two guards go into the tent. Soon after you see the walls of the tent shift around and Frozen Angel rocketing out holding Hellfire Missile and flying up to the sky river. Some Chaystonian guards leave the tent and go searching around the area.


Enter Action: ______________________

ConManMick wrote:I dust myself off and check with Swifter to see if he's ok

ResultYou hear the red robed guy holding the sword say "So, as we are supposed to find Her Majesty's holy grail we better get a bellyfull of wine before. You guys go and find a nice place to do that and i'll join you asap."

A small woman who steps out from behind the mage nods and runs off.

Then he walks over to the holy grail knights who don't respond.

Swifter asks who the red robed mage is. You check on Swifter and see that his energy is 45/100

Your energy is now 79/100


Enter Action: ______________________


Hellfire Missile wrote:Attempt to do something with mana, be it a distraction or burning everything around me. if I can, without risk to myself or to my friend, I'll escape

What do I have on me right now? (Also test rope strength)

Hellfire Missile wrote:Attempt to escape using all the energy i can muster without passing out or not being in fighting form.

If my escape may cause harm to myself (death, severe injury, but getting like a cut is okay) or their captive, i dont do it

ResultYou test the ropes and they feel like they are made out of straw. You start using your energy to delete the rope when you see Frozen Angel enter the tent.

She summons up a flurry of ice that reduces visibility in the room to zero. You feel someone grab you and rush out of the tent and fly into the sky. Outside, you see that Frozen Angel is carrying you and flies up into the sky river.

The rope is then fully deleted.

Your energy is now 70/100


Enter Action: ______________________

Gamma Emerald wrote:I head to the first town I can spot.

ResultYou are unable to see a town but you do see a group of people struggling to pull a wagon though the woods. You over hear them saying,

"Glad we got out of Leafwater before it seceded."

Another responds, "Yah, but getting to Rutall from here would take forever at our pace, we should of went north rather than East. These wagons are not built for forest travel."

"Maybe we should just abandon the wagon before any Chaystonian soldiers see us and draft us in their war."


Enter Action: ______________________

Aronis
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 18, 2014
Location: Somewhere
Pronoun: He

Post Post #787  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Consume the energy potion
Assuming she can check people quickly, have the girl check to make sure Ken is loyal. If he is loyal, put him in charge of everything temporarily and go with the task force on the mission
Make sure everyone is properly equipped for the mission too before we head out and if not get me and or them the gear needed
"You can observe a lot by watching."

WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 15, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #788  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 pm

I go to the fishing shop!
Im a dog that quacks

Cheery Dog
Kayak
 
User avatar
Joined: July 01, 2012
Location: OMG BALL!
Pronoun: They

Post Post #789  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:22 am

Yes, but I it was the entire taskforce that defeated the fruit nija,s not just me.
Can I help you?
Life is always what it seems.

Charles510
Watcher
 
User avatar
Joined: March 11, 2017
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Pronoun: He

Post Post #790  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:48 am

fly and follow Angel and Hellfire

N
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: August 03, 2012

Post Post #791  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:01 am

ask spoon guy to go on an adventure with me
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy (go stick your head in a pig)

Hellfire Missile
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 18, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #792  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:17 am

Assess surroundings

Carcalilly
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2015
Location: Florida
Pronoun: She

Post Post #793  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:32 am

eat frog and kick nearest responsive player
"Are you a Mousochist?" -Aristophanes
"don't be carcasilly" -RadiantCowbells
GTKAS

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Under the sea
Pronoun: He

Post Post #794  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:17 pm

Ask the travelers what is going on.
Weeb-nerd with a motor-mouth, and no class whatsoever.
"Don't bother getting up. You'll be back on the floor in just a few moments."
Earthbound Mafia has one pre-/in remaining!

Annadog40
All Work and Roleplay
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2015
Location: pasture-flower
Pronoun: She

Post Post #795  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:36 am

NoticeIprobablysuck and Vijarada's energy is now at the critical level.


In post 787, Aronis wrote:Consume the energy potion
Assuming she can check people quickly, have the girl check to make sure Ken is loyal. If he is loyal, put him in charge of everything temporarily and go with the task force on the mission
Make sure everyone is properly equipped for the mission too before we head out and if not get me and or them the gear needed

ResultYou drink the potion and feel your energy go back up to full.

You have the girl check Ken, "He is a good guy!" Rose exclaims . "Now we can set off on the mission!"

The guard shakes his head and the two get into an argument as Ken, who you put in charge, get everyone a set of armor, weapons, potions and the required transport gems.

"I wish you luck," Ken, "I'll keep you in touch. If you need any intel, contact me and I'll look for it." He turns to Rose, "And Rose, how would you like to help keep me safe with your sword skills?"

Rose pulls her sword out, "I'll keep you safe!"

The guard breaths a sigh of relief.

Your energy is now 100/100


Enter Action: ________________________


WhemeStar wrote:I go to the fishing shop!

ResultInside is a wide array of hooks, bait, fishing books and even live fish swimming around in tanks.

A jolly looking fellow up behind the counter says, "What can I do for yer?"


Enter Action: ________________________

Cheery Dog wrote:Yes, but I it was the entire taskforce that defeated the fruit nija,s not just me.
Can I help you?

ResultThe guard says, "We need your help with - " when another guard nudges him and points to a red robed guy holding a sword.

The guards all rush off towards the group One of them says, "It's a sign," then walks over to the group and says, "We are pushing down a rebellion in Chaystone, you are the destined one who holds Chibri's sacred artifact. Will you be willing to help our nation?"

Your energy is now 60/100


Enter Action: ________________________

Charles510 wrote:fly and follow Angel and Hellfire

ResultYou fly up into the sky river, you see Hellfire Missile and Frozen Angel looking around.

Once in the sky river, you see a Chaystonian looking up at your group.


Enter Action: ______________

N wrote:ask spoon guy to go on an adventure with me

ResultThe 'spoon guy' puts down the spoon and turns to you, "I am cursed, I can't leave the shop unless my brother dies."


Enter Action: ___________

Hellfire Missile wrote:Assess surroundings

You see that you are in a clear river in the sky, below you is Charles510 flying up and eventually landing in the sky river. You also see Frozen Angel looking down at the Chaystonians, you see the elf woman look up and see your group.

Your energy is now 69/100

Enter Action: ______________

Carcalilly wrote:eat frog and kick nearest responsive player

ResultYou pick up a hopping frog and eat it.

As the frog dies in your mouth, you feel a warm fuzzy glow and see a translucent pop up that says "You are now level one! You have one point to spend on any of the three options,

Health bar; Energy bar; Experience bar;"

You then spot Gamma Emerald through the trees and head over and kick him.

You see his was talking with some other travelers who ask if he is alright.

Enter Action: ________________

Gamma Emerald wrote:Ask the travelers what is going on.

ResultOne of them who is a man says, "The town of Leafwater is rebelling against the nation of Chaystone, we're trying to evacuate to the nearest town but at this rate, I doubt we'll ever make it."

The other who is female says, "You look like your lost, would you be able to hel-"

Suddenly Carcalilly appears out from between the trees and kicks you, you fall to the ground. The two travelers freeze in place.

The man asks, "Are you ok?"

Enter Action: ________________

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Under the sea
Pronoun: He

Post Post #796  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:42 am

Respond with "I'm fine, just a little shaken, what was that you were saying?" Also possibly recruit Carcalilly into my party
Weeb-nerd with a motor-mouth, and no class whatsoever.
"Don't bother getting up. You'll be back on the floor in just a few moments."
Earthbound Mafia has one pre-/in remaining!

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Under the sea
Pronoun: He

Post Post #797  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:45 am

(ooc question what does boosting the EXP bar do?)
Weeb-nerd with a motor-mouth, and no class whatsoever.
"Don't bother getting up. You'll be back on the floor in just a few moments."
Earthbound Mafia has one pre-/in remaining!

Annadog40
All Work and Roleplay
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2015
Location: pasture-flower
Pronoun: She

Post Post #798  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:46 am

In post 797, Gamma Emerald wrote:(ooc question what does boosting the EXP bar do?)

Displays the EXP bar so it can be tracked better.

WhemeStar
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 15, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #799  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:44 pm

I'm looking for a sturdy fishing pole that I can also use as a reliable weapon!
Im a dog that quacks

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash