Mish Mash Rules + Game List

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Ariel
edited 449 times in total

Post Post #450  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:01 am

i'd try it
Formerly known as KittyMo | MafiaScum Wiki Contributor | Modding Identity (Mish Mash)

Jake The Wolfie
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #451  (ISO)  » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:33 am

If anyone wants to play a game of Rumble, join here.
I'm hosting a Mini Normal game here, and currently need 1 replacement.

Knightmare491
Goon

Post Post #452  (ISO)  » Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 am

In post 447, lilith2013 wrote:Plague Inc - you’re the virus, kill off the most cities

Being a microbiology student, this is the best game ever lol, but how would we play this on forum.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes

pablito
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453  (ISO)  » Sat May 09, 2020 8:17 am

I've been enjoying For $ale, a simple auction board game on Board Game Arena and I thought I would want to try to run a modified version here. However, in a flash of inspiration, I was wondering if Auction Buy the Bullet would be better. Basically having an auction round to buy the cards first.

Interest?
Sup, later.

lilith2013
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #454  (ISO)  » Sat May 09, 2020 11:33 am

In post 452, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 447, lilith2013 wrote:Plague Inc - you’re the virus, kill off the most cities

Being a microbiology student, this is the best game ever lol, but how would we play this on forum.

Actually I think the setup is pretty similar to how I do 7 wonders (plus a bunch more tables)! Tldr: table with continents->countries->cities in the game thread, secondary table for current virus characteristics and point scores, tertiary table with available country cards, all text based. Hands are private and new cards are sent via PM.
Betrayal at House on the Hill-themed mafia coming soon! (pre-ins full)
Join Wavelength any time. Spectate 7 Wonders.
~gtka lilith

Knightmare491
Goon

Post Post #455  (ISO)  » Sun May 10, 2020 12:27 am

Would be interested in running this game called "Sheep". The rules are pretty simple:-

Answer all the questions with the first thing that comes into your mind.
Each answer will be awarded points equal to the amount of people who give that same answer. The aim is to think as common as possible.
The winner is the person whose answers receive the most points.
I'll make a google form for the questions,

People interested in playing this?

Once I've received all the entries I'll post the results question by question, so it would be interesting to see what everyone answered compared to you.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes

xofelf
Miss Mash

Post Post #456  (ISO)  » Sun May 10, 2020 1:32 am

Kinda like What Were You Thinking, yeah? Definitely a favourite round here :)
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to know a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

Knightmare491
Goon

Post Post #457  (ISO)  » Sun May 10, 2020 1:45 pm

In post 456, xofelf wrote:Kinda like What Were You Thinking, yeah? Definitely a favourite round here :)

Oh, saw the game thread after you mentioned it. Yes like that except all the questions will have to be answered at the same time so it will be much faster. :D

~Rectiplanes

Knightmare491
Goon

Post Post #458  (ISO)  » Tue May 12, 2020 1:37 am

Game thread is up here.

~Rectiplanes

pablito
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:26 am

In post 453, pablito wrote:I've been enjoying For $ale, a simple auction board game on Board Game Arena and I thought I would want to try to run a modified version here. However, in a flash of inspiration, I was wondering if Auction Buy the Bullet would be better. Basically having an auction round to buy the cards first.

Interest?

Did it anyway

Auction Buy the Bullet
Sup, later.

Scigatt
Goon

Post Post #460  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:15 pm

I did a thing. If you frequent 538's Riddler column this should be familiar to you.

Battle of The Twelve Castles
"Every now and then the best laid plans of mice and men fall apart at hands of unassuming champions." - Mr. Blessington's Imperialist Plot

Ariel
edited 449 times in total

Post Post #461  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:24 pm

I run a game called Identity based on the game show of the same name. In each round, 12 people participate by submitting a unique fact about themselves and possibly answering a few questions, while the contestant tries to match those people up with their facts. It is a low key game that gives us the opportunity to tell stories and get to know each other better! More participants are always welcome.
Formerly known as KittyMo | MafiaScum Wiki Contributor | Modding Identity (Mish Mash)

Umlaut
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:18 pm

Would it be rude of me to ask if someone else wants to run a Secret Hitler game? I ran one before but now I'd rather play it
“Umlaut is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, coated in something sticky.” – boring

xofelf
Miss Mash

Post Post #463  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi all, I've gone through and updated the Ongoing Games List post. If you are currently running a game that I missed, let me know and I'll put it in. If there's a casual post whenever game that I've also missed, let me know. Otherwise, this *should* be accurate as of today.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon

Malkon05
Watcher

Post Post #464  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:20 pm

Not exactly a Mish Mash specific thing, but was recommended by xof to advertise that I'm hosting a contest for all of MafiaScum and wanted to advertise here. If you have a passion for singing, please consider entering MafiaScum Idol:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=83405

xofelf
Miss Mash

Post Post #465  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:34 am

Did another update. If there's a game that has since closed and I missed the fact it is over, let me know so I can remove it. And if I missed any other new threads that have shown up in the past few weeks.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash