Identity

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 1823, Vijarada wrote:Has used the same username all over the Internet since they were 13 is like 50% of people here.
16 here.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Vi »

In post 1824, racefan12 wrote:I didn't even use the Internet when I was 13.
high five
there was never a time when people thought dial-up was good
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:03 am

Post by KittyMo »

Discussing identities that you are in the PoE pool for when you have not been asked by the contestant to talk about them is not intended to be part of the game. Do not do this. If there is an Identity in a round that you did not submit that also applies to you, let me know privately. When this happens I will privately ask the original submitter to make their identity more specific or, if they cannot, ask them to switch it to a different identity altogether.

I'm not going to make a rule that no one in the thread can make any kind of commentary on the game without being asked to via ingame mechanics bc I don't think this is as Serious Business as mafia/survivor/etc., but please use good judgment about whether something unduly influences the game.

The only way I can come up with to salvage this at this point is for Aristophanes, LlamaFluff, Shadoweh, & xofelf to submit new identities to me by (expired on 2017-04-22 16:02:32). I'll replace anyone with a new Stranger who has not done so by then. (If you have already submitted a bunch to me previously you don't need to; just not gonna name names publicly in case it somehow influences the game.)

Sorry to racefan that this has happened.
Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 am

Post by KittyMo »

I'm going to go ahead and have CuddlyCaucasian and Realeo replace StrangerCoug and Vijarada for this round as I already have IDs from them.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by KittyMo »

StrangerCoug and Vijarada have privately apologized and I appreciate that.

xofelf hasn't sent me a new Identity so I'm gonna put Apricity in instead.

Here is the mid-round reveal:

StrangersIdentities
StrangerCougA waiter at Olive Garden recently got [Stranger] to laugh when he jokingly claimed to charge $20 for each time he turned the crank on the cheese grater
LlamaFluffHas had their apartment complex burn down
xofelfHas used the same username all over the Internet since they were 13
VijaradaIs on a mission to eat every food for under 6$ at a local food court
ShadowehTook part in a pagan wedding ceremony in the woods
AristophanesWas the head of the Environmental Club and the Healthy Eating Action Team (HEAT) in high school

Welcome back to Identity, racefan. Here are your strangers and their identities:

StrangersIdentities
D3f3nd3rA Massachusetts radio station played a song where [Stranger] sang and played the kazoo
Haschel CedricsonAdores Pokemon and has a Pikachu-shaped carrier bag used to carry small things
implosionOnce dressed up for Halloween as the ghost of the U.S. economy
RegfanThe middle finger on [Stranger's] right hand is still swollen and misshapen from hurting it about four years ago
UpTooLateWas taken to a strip club by [Stranger's] Uncle when they were 18
YumeWould eat everything with chopsticks if they could

StrangersIdentities
ApricityHas never seen Seinfeld but listens to a weekly podcast about it
AristophanesOnce beat a teacher in his own game and saved the entire class from failing an exam for the victory
CuddlyCaucasianOnce bought a new dresser and discovered it was made out of cardboard after opening
LlamaFluffRegular SB Nation contributor
RealeoTells people that My Chemical Romance was [Stranger's] first concert, but it was actually Five Man Electrical Band
ShadowehThoroughly enjoys airplane flights and will spend a lot of time looking out the window

Assistance:
1 Question | Double Dip | Mistaken Identity | Tri-Identity

"plz don't swear" -- N
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Post by Realeo »

There is Olive Garden in Australia?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

StrangerCoug is from New Mexico.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 am

Post by racefan12 »

Well looking at the new group, I know that I played fantasy football against Llamafluff and none of the others seem like the type to be big sports fans, so I'm going to say that
Llamafluff is the regular SB Nation contributor
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 am

Post by KittyMo »

Correct :]

StrangersIdentities
D3f3nd3rA Massachusetts radio station played a song where [Stranger] sang and played the kazoo
Haschel CedricsonAdores Pokemon and has a Pikachu-shaped carrier bag used to carry small things
RegfanThe middle finger on [Stranger's] right hand is still swollen and misshapen from hurting it about four years ago

StrangersIdentities
AristophanesOnce beat a teacher in his own game and saved the entire class from failing an exam for the victory
CuddlyCaucasianOnce bought a new dresser and discovered it was made out of cardboard after opening
RealeoTells people that My Chemical Romance was [Stranger's] first concert, but it was actually Five Man Electrical Band
ShadowehThoroughly enjoys airplane flights and will spend a lot of time looking out the window

Correct MatchesAmount Won
11$500,000
10$250,000
9$150,000
$75,000
7$50,000
6$20,000
5$10,000
4$5,000
3$2,000
2$1,000
$500

Assistance:
2 Questions | Double Dip | Mistaken Identity | Tri-Identity

"plz don't swear" -- N
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:10 am

Post by racefan12 »

Well hey at least I won't go scoreless!

OK let's see... the dresser one is probably someone old enough to be living on their own and have need to buy their own dresser, so that puts Shadow and Aristophanes as most likely for that.

The Seinfeld one is probably someone who was too young to have watched Seinfeld when it originally aired (Apricity/CC?) and/or not from the US/Canada (Realeo).

The other ones could be anyone as far as I know.

Aristophanes, please tell me about your reaction to finding out that the dresser was cardboard and what you ended up doing with it.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1834, racefan12 wrote:Aristophanes, please tell me about your reaction to finding out that the dresser was cardboard and what you ended up doing with it.
Hahaha Oh that thing!

Well, I got it from my work, Canadian Tire, and honestly should have caught on when it was so light, but I really didn't think about it. I needed a dresser because I had recently moved out of student housing and had been using one left behind by the last guy. I figured that since it wasn't mine to begin with, I couldn't very well claim it when I moved. So anyway, I took this thing out of the box and...it was made of fucking box! I actually cut into the side of it without thinking because I figured there had to be proper wood in there somewhere! But nope!

So, I assembled it anyway because there's no way I was going to go back to work with it and show how much of a dumbass I was to all my coworkers! I kept it for about a year before I found an actual dresser on the side of the road and carried it home. The old one I offered to my sister, but she didn't want it, so I recycled it.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 am

Post by racefan12 »

Hmmmmm.

Shadow, same question.
PrivateI:

CuddlyCaucasian:

xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:27 am

Post by xofelf »

Ack! Sorry. I totally forgot to resubmit.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Realeo »

RISE LIKE A PHOENIX! FROM THE ASHES RISE LIKE A PHONEIX!
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

*loud snoring*

*pop*

AAAAAA!
Aristophanes
Shadoweh, please tell me about your reaction to finding out that the dresser was cardboard and what you ended up doing with it.
I live blogged my inner screaming to my skype friends including the process of putting the piece of shit together. Because I brought it all the way upstairs and started assembling it halfway before realizing what it was I just put it together and put it in my walk-in closet. It is holding pants.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

I'm in this one!
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:09 am

Post by racefan12 »

I guess I've been playing/watching too much survivor because I'm having a hard time believing anyone's story, but I'm gonna say that
Shadoweh bought the cardboard dresser.
PrivateI:

CuddlyCaucasian:

Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:28 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I always tell the truth in Survivor. :(

This piece of crap didn't have material labels on the outside, just a brown or black version. I thought it was you know, thin wood or metal, maybe plastic? I wasn't expecting them to be selling paper-thin cardboard covered in a thin layer of felt that makes it look like a respectable storage unit in the paper. Everyone told me to take it back but eh.. it fits and whatever. I consider it the price of buying cheap and not checking what I was getting!
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:43 am

Post by KittyMo »

As Shadoweh confirmed, she did buy the cardboard dresser. :]

StrangersIdentities

StrangersIdentities
CuddlyCaucasianTells people that My Chemical Romance was [Stranger's] first concert, but it was actually Five Man Electrical Band
RealeoThoroughly enjoys airplane flights and will spend a lot of time looking out the window

Correct MatchesAmount Won
11$500,000
10$250,000
9$150,000
$75,000
7$50,000
6$20,000
5$10,000
4$5,000
3$2,000
$1,000
$500

Assistance:
1 Question | Double Dip | Mistaken Identity | Tri-Identity

"plz don't swear" -- N
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by racefan12 »

Apricity, what made you decide to start listening to the weekly Seinfeld podcast and what has kept you from seeing the show?
PrivateI:

CuddlyCaucasian:

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Post by Realeo »

Isn't that 2 questions? Choose one?

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

People have done this sort of thing before, Realeo. Don't backseat mod <3
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:36 am

Post by Realeo »

<3

It's just my question was canceled for being 2 questions before.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 am

Post by KittyMo »

racefan's question is in a grey area to me because on the one hand, yes it uses "and" to combine two clauses that can be thought of as two separate questions, but the question itself is also pretty functionally similar to him literally just being like, "Can you expand on why both clauses of this identity are the case?" which is why I'm not officially going to rule on it. What counts as one question is not really something I can nail a specific definition to, so I would like to encourage people to just use their best judgment and I'll step in if I think someone's angleshooting/repeatedly toeing the line.

The situation Realeo's recalling from his first round as a contestant was interesting. The identity he was trying to get more information about was "Cisgender but often mistaken for the wrong gender by strangers over the phone." What was asked was "Question to all 6: Are you male or female or other non-binary gender? If you're binary gender then can I have your "attributes" (heterosex or homosex), please?" Why I primarily ruled against it was that it was phrased as having a follow-up question based on one's answer to the first part of it; I felt like it was formatted to functionally be addressing two things at once. I'm not honestly sure I would have canceled it if he'd just asked those people "What is your gender identity and sexual orientation?" But there were a few other factors that led me to ruling to cancel the questions. One was that Realeo had previously in the round been in a grey area IMO by asking a multi-part question: "Question for CheeryDog: I know you're an Aussie who works in computer--buy can you be specific? Is it a house in Canberra that belongs to you? Is it an apartment in Perth that you rent? Is it your parent's house in Melbourne? Something like that." Which was understandable to me since he's not a native English speaker and even though he was phrasing it as multiple questions, he was really only looking for one answer; but having multiple "iffy" questions in the same round is part of what led me to ruling on Realeo's gender/attribute question. Another factor was that I had a couple of people reach out to me saying that they were really uncomfortable with the premise of the question. Another factor was that, due to a combination of the nature of the gender/sexual orientation question and due to a stranger not understanding the questioning mechanic, they answered his question with "I'm not cis and so this identity isn't mine." So, all of that combined led me to want to take a step back with that line of questioning. Not sure I handled it the best way possible, but that's some insight into why I made the decision I made at the time.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Hi sorry i think i inned for contestant sorry i was vague
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”