Scumleague FF 2016 (.500 or Bust)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Instead of a Heisman Trophy, we need to get Wraith a Heimlich Trophy.

(I'm sure I'm the first person ever to make that horrible joke.)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Nero,
according to waiver pickups you picked up: Busta Anderson, Steven Jackson, Rob Gronkowski, Vincent Jackson. All on Christmas Eve. Why?

Did you do that before your game or after everything was already decided?

You dropped a lot of players at start of almost every week during free agency. Then you picked up a lot of players off waiver every week. I think you on average had waiver seed 12 the most. You dropped and picked up Cousins I think 3 separate times. You had a total of 61 moves throughout the season. Next highest was KMD with 40. Why did you do all this?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Steven Jackson or bust lives on
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:35 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 1301, PokerFace wrote:
@Nero,
according to waiver pickups you picked up: Busta Anderson, Steven Jackson, Rob Gronkowski, Vincent Jackson. All on Christmas Eve. Why?

You dropped a lot of players at start of almost every week during free agency. Then you picked up a lot of players off waiver every week. I think you on average had waiver seed 12 the most. You dropped and picked up Cousins I think 3 separate times. You had a total of 61 moves throughout the season. Next highest was KMD with 40. Why did you do all this?
I'd really like to convince myself to be a lot more willing to make moves. Had a solid draft, but I only made 14 moves for the entire season (9th most in the league). I did the same type of thing on the roto baseball league (about a move a week on average) and it cost me the win to an extent.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Most moves I ever made was 40. I think I do better when I make less moves as I am too quick to act in fantasy, which is quite different to how I act in mafia. I care too much about how people think of me regardless of whether I am town or scum. In fantasy football its more about the players I am moving than how they make me look. Nero made more moves then I thought anyone ever would make in fantasy. And he made them in bizarre ways

I get the Steven Jackson move, but I don't get the logic or significance of the rest
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:17 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

The most in L3 is gams with 45. In comparison, the most in my other offsite league is 21.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

More moves are better as long as you aren't dropping anyone you need. How you play the waiver wire is more important than how you draft.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:14 am

Post by racefan12 »

My problem is that I'll pick up a player from the waiver wire for future potential and then not start them the week they decide to have a big game. I think it comes down to realizing when a player you have isn't going to live up to their expectations and knowing when you can get rid of them. If you have a bunch of players who fit that category, you're going to make a lot of moves. Otherwise, you're probably not.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yeah, that's tough especially with RBs because it can be both a risk and temporary. But if you drafted, say AP, Arian Foster, and Doug Martin, those were moves you had to make this year.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1301, PokerFace wrote:@Nero, according to waiver pickups you picked up: Busta Anderson, Steven Jackson, Rob Gronkowski, Vincent Jackson. All on Christmas Eve. Why?

I already had my lineup set so I didn't really need anyone from my bench. Me and Steven Jackson is an inside joke. I don't think everyone is aware of it but yeah...so I thought it would be funny to pick him up. Don't think I've ever had gronk on a team...wanted to pick him up and see how it felt and
Busta
Anderson, how fucking cool is that?

I am pretty fickle and its both a weakness and a strength. Playing the waiver wire is an extremely important part of FF. Another important part of FF is playing the matchups. I get that some of the superstars are matchup proof but there were some weeks that I didn't want to play Cousins. I drafted the Min defense b/c I liked their week 1 matchup, what I didn't realize is that their D would be solid for the first half of the season so I playing matchups with my D until the Pats had a good schedule.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think the Steven Jackson thing is more well known in Auction.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I had drafted RG3 in the hopes that he'd revitalize his career and then I could dangle him as trade bait but then I saw Spencer Ware sitting there and he was prob going to get plenty of work and I was kindaish weak at RB so I wanted to add him.

Most players, including myself, play the defense match ups. I had never intended to sit on the Min defense and their (week 2) GB matchup was unappealing to me. So a Bal vs. Cle seemed like a good one.

I thought Tannehills week 3 matchup vs. CLE was pretty good and I wanted to play that and I didn't think that anyone would pick up Cousins *glares at KMD* If I liked Tannehills matchup do you think I'd not like the defensive matchup? I was also still under the impression that Jax was a good team so I pickup the Miami defense. I had picked up Romo (injuries asides he's one of the better QBs I think)thinking he'd come back and light defenses up but then I guess I read more and didn't think that would happen so I picked up Daks favorite target and a viable WR3 in Beasley.

TBF, my week 4 pickups were terrible. Thought Siemian had a good matchup against TB. I the the Hawks offense had been pretty bad so I thought playing the Jets D was a p good idea. Thought Dixon would be the lead dog in Baltimore.

Liked the Pittsburg D against the Jets. Liked Wentz match up against Detroit. Picked up Rodgerz b/c the Atl RBs were hurt.

I had picked up Kerley in week 6 b/c he had nice week 4 and 5 and he was clearly Gabberts favorite target and I didn't think they'd play Kap :/

Needed a TE so I picked up Clay. Was hoping that Ivory fixed the jags run game.

Gonna stop here since I'm getting tired but thats about the Gist of it. I'm picking up players that I think have a good matchup/there are injuries on the team/I think X player could produce
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I got the Steven Jackson joke even though I don't play auction. Busta does sound cool

You take more stock in match ups than me. I do take stock in them but at the same time my team didn't seem to perform match up based. I tried to get them to work that way or rather wait for them to work that way but ultimately got saved by one really great RB taking off just like last year. Last year Freeman saved me while this year it was Ajayi. Both years I had a receiver that did not become good until after I dropped them. Could not wait long enough. Last year it was Baldwin, this year it was Desean Jackson. Baldwin took off a lot more than Jackson has past few weeks. Freeman did better last year compared to Ajayi this year.

I think I drafted better this year when compared to last year, my team just did worse this time around. I finished 6th pre-playoffs last year while I was 8th pre-playoffs this year. Finished 5th both years with best overall playoff scores. At least my teams are performing in playoffs even if they are consolation. Wraith and I should try fielding a team together, may fix both our problems. I am obviously kidding.

I would enjoy being in a division with Wraith, T-bone and DDDP next year. If that can't be done, I will gladly play with Panzer or Khan given previous history with those players.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Waiver Breakdown for L1:

Locke Lamora - 54
TheDominator37 - 47
AGar - 32
Rob13 - 28
Flameaxe - 27
hadsgfas - 25
Rhinox - 22
pickemgenius - 21
Talitha - 20
Danny Debonair DiPietro - 16
Yiley - 14
Zoraster - 10
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:32 am

Post by Rob14 »

I'm surprised people didn't give me shit for cutting Brees. I was ready to fight about that.

Also REVENGE IS MINE AGAR.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:33 am

Post by Rob14 »

Agar and I need to be in a division next year. I had way more fun with the rivalry narrative of the 5th place game than anything else this season.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

You had Brady and Brees. Didn't really need both. Personally I would have traded Brady much earlier in the season and kept Brees. NFC south was devoid of good defenses this year. 6 good matchups for Brees and rest of year NO had to pass the ball a lot just to keep up since NO defense really meant no defense. They weren't stopping anything. Brees was better this year because his team needed him more than Pats needed Brady.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by TheDominator37 »

I was trash on the waiver wire but my draft was on fleek
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1314, Rob14 wrote:I'm surprised people didn't give me shit for cutting Brees. I was ready to fight about that.

Also REVENGE IS MINE AGAR.
For now.
In post 1315, Rob14 wrote:Agar and I need to be in a division next year. I had way more fun with the rivalry narrative of the 5th place game than anything else this season.
Yes, I need to kick Rob's teeth in twice next year, thanks.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Rob14 »

First you'll have to kick them in once. #rekt

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”