Scumleague FF 2016 (.500 or Bust)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ah
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 1248, Kmd4390 wrote:BBM advanced from L3 that year
HEY WRAITH WHO DID I BEAT IN THE FINALS? I FORGOT
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

PREPPING YOU FOR L1 BANTER, DONT LET ME DOWN
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1245, AGar wrote:
In post 1240, Wraith wrote:If I don't FINALLY get my rightful spot in L1 I'm going to flip my fucking shit.
Be better tbh
I literally need powers of precognition to be any better at this game.

I've arguably been the consistently best player in any MS league three years running yet my team inexplicably shits the bed right at the end.

I had THE Dream Team in 2014 (Bell, Brown, Bryant, Hopkins) and lost in the L3 final.

I had a very good team in 2015 that decided to go on a losing streak the last 3 weeks. I had the fourth-best record in L2 (9-5) yet missed the playoffs due to division shenanigans.

And this year I'm 12-2 with a very solid squad. Yet somehow I'm supposed to be able to predict Brandin Cooks will have a career game, the Vikings will go totally flaccid against the Colts of all teams (and yet TY fucking Hilton gets nothing in terms of production), and half my receivers do jack shit against garbage opponents.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:18 am

Post by racefan12 »

That's part of the reason why, all else equal, I prefer 10-team leagues to 12-team leagues: it's easier to use the waiver wire to mitigate luck with matchups or changing player usage on teams.

At the end of the day though, it comes back to the age old advice of "Go with what is most likely to happen and hope for the best".
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 am

Post by DeathNote »

Picking up Howard is arguably why i won as much as i did.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:06 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1253, Wraith wrote:
In post 1240, Wraith wrote:If I don't FINALLY get my rightful spot in L1 I'm going to flip my fucking shit.
Be better tbh

I've arguably been the consistently best player in any MS league three years running yet my team inexplicably shits the bed right at the end.

I had THE Dream Team in 2014 (Bell, Brown, Bryant, Hopkins) and lost in the L3 final.

I had a very good team in 2015 that decided to go on a losing streak the last 3 weeks. I had the fourth-best record in L2 (9-5) yet missed the playoffs due to division shenanigans.

And this year I'm 12-2 with a very solid squad. Yet somehow I'm supposed to be able to predict Brandin Cooks will have a career game, the Vikings will go totally flaccid against the Colts of all teams (and yet TY fucking Hilton gets nothing in terms of production), and half my receivers do jack shit against garbage opponents.
Quit making excuses, Wraith. Fantasy football is a game of skill and only skill.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Wraith »

Thanks, Fanduel.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1256, Kublai Khan wrote:Quit making excuses, Wraith. Fantasy football is a game of skill and only skill.
this 100%
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

though its all a game and its fickle as hell. TBF, Wraiths record is a little inflated. Like his, and me as well...like on the weekly recaps is has stated a few times that had his schedule been different he wouldn't have the same record.

Like even though I
BARELY
beat IS I know that his team (and prob others) are way better than me and I'm just lucky as fuck and/or the fantasy Gods are righting the wrong of having me demoted to L2.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1253, Wraith wrote:
Be better tbh
See, you know how to do it.

Just be better.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 1259, Nero Cain wrote:though its all a game and its fickle as hell. TBF, Wraiths record is a little inflated. Like his, and me as well...like on the weekly recaps is has stated a few times that had his schedule been different he wouldn't have the same record.

Like even though I
BARELY
beat IS I know that his team (and prob others) are way better than me and I'm just lucky as fuck and/or the fantasy Gods are righting the wrong of having me demoted to L2.
I admit I overperformed this season but my roster is still solid as hell, dude.

Beckham and Hilton? Graham AND Walker? McCoy having a fantastic season? Plus the Vikings defense was fucking phenomenal for the first half of the season. Once Murray regained his sole starting position and I picked up Crowder, my team looked pretty unbeatable week-to-week. Not THE DREAM TEAM level, but still pretty damn good.

Now? I think I'm a longshot to beat the Zeke/Bell team. My only hope is if the Ravens keep Bell under wraps like last time, which is counterproductive to what I want to happen IRL >_<

I mean, I'll gladly sacrifice my fantasy teams on the sacrificial altar if it means the Steelers win (this is how I'm rationalizing the past two weeks) but goddamn, I'll be legit pissed at fantasy for the first time ever if I lose this week.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not disagreeing that you don't have a good team.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but I feel like I kinda of have an abundance of wealth but at the same time picking who to start/sit seems like such a hard decision. Starting the NE defense is prob the best idea since they'll be playing for the playoff bye. Captain Kirk has been disappointing lately and I'm a little worried about the cold but he's prob better than anything on waivers + he's playing for a new contract so I guess he'll effort. TE is a crap shot-I have Reed who is one of the better TE's but he's injured and hard to trust. So I guess I'll start Henry. That SD-CLE match up is nice.

RB and WR are where it gets iffy for me. I think I'll end up whomever starts between Gordon and Farrow. Part of me wants to start Ware since his matchup is p decnt over Montgomery's....even though the Vikings defense
was
slashed last week. Or maybe I should just sit Farrow or a limped Gordon and start Ware and Montgomery.

Like I'm going to sit Watkins...I kind of want to start Green if he plays...the Bengals season is over so its kinda of odd that they'd even risk Green but I'm sure he wants to play. I like Tate this week. The Dallas defense is susceptible and its in a dome and the Lions are fighting for the playoffs. Barkley is an upgrade over Cutler and Jeffrey is still one of the better receivers. Its a decent play. But if I just go Green-Tate-Jeffrey that leaves Thomas and Montgomery on the bench (unless I do start him over Gordon/Farrow)Its hard for me to pick.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

I agree with Racefan
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'd want to keep it at 12. Making a bigger and more talented waiver wire doesn't necessarily decrease the amount of luck involved. Plenty of stars still under perform in good matchups. 9 out of 10 times you are going to start the bigger star anyways. If anything I'd be willing to take the bench from 6 to 4.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think we're good the way we are. 12 teams where possible and bench of 6.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, I don't think its broken but I'm just saying that if we were going to change something then it would be bench slots not # of teams

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

So few bench slots would make bye weeks and questionable listing of big name players even worse. If there was still a probable and doubtful label system 4 bench could be manageable but as that's gone, I'd like to keep the 6 bench.

I'd rather have 10 team than 4 bench for this reason
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:08 am

Post by AGar »

Hey look, people talking about changing the league structure!

I've seen this movie before, and I know how it ends!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Flameaxe »

And they don't stop coming
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:38 am

Post by AGar »

Looks like me and Rob are gonna come down to the wire. Hoo boy.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh fuck this and fuck Tyreek Hill. Congrats Aronis.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1269, AGar wrote:Hey look, people talking about changing the league structure!

I've seen this movie before, and I know how it ends!
FTR, I don't want to change anything. I'm just saying that a smaller bench is the lesser of two evils.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by Wraith »

I definitely ritually sacrificed all my fantasy teams for this Pittsburgh playoff spot. That's the story we're going with.
Show

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”