LOADED QUESTIONS: ROUND GODDAMN FIFTEEN

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
neblive
neblive
Goon
neblive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:36 am

Post by neblive »

what's the update?
Eggplantaorta
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Eggplantaorta »

ROUND 12-- OBJECT ROUND RESULTS!

mykonian's Results
Spoiler: mykonian's Guesses
Equinox- I have a pink, third generation iPod Nano that my mother got in 2007. I remember when she got it, I didn’t like the color. She has long since moved on to greater devices but that iPod has stuck with me for many years, through middle school, high school, and now college. The backside of the casing is dented a little bit. Occasionally it freezes and I have to lock the screen, unlock the screen, and hold down the menu and center buttons for ten seconds. Occasionally the display doesn’t even work, but that’s okay, because I have long since memorized the layout of the menus. It’s irreplaceable.
neblive- A plush doll that I keep out of spite.
Shaziro- A rock I picked up at a beach near the farthest east I'd been at the time. I think my mom threw it out though.
McMenno- "my laptop" holds great importance to me.
Creature- Pendrive
Errantparabola- My blue satin pillowcase.
implosion- let's say my biking helmet
Vi- a tiny angel figurine
notachipmunk- I've got a table full of plushies, pick one
Felissan- A medal
mykonian- In my room, in the box it was sold in, is a watch. It has barely been worn, and won't be worn all that much. I can't look at it without bittersweet feelings. We peaked a tournament too soon, and it's a goddamned lie that the watches for the second price are prettier. Perhaps they are, but nobody cares. We earned them, we were great, but at the same time the watch talks about what could have been, and how you can't turn back time.
KittyMo- A "WWCD" (What Would Cthulhu Do) felt patch that is sewn on to my backpack.

CORRECT MATCHES
Creature
Felissan
mykonian

SWAPPED PAIRS
N/A

neblive's Results
Spoiler: neblive's Guesses
Equinox- a tiny angel figurine
Shaziro-Pendrive

McMenno- I have a pink, third generation iPod Nano that my mother got in 2007. I remember when she got it, I didn’t like the color. She has long since moved on to greater devices but that iPod has stuck with me for many years, through middle school, high school, and now college. The backside of the casing is dented a little bit. Occasionally it freezes and I have to lock the screen, unlock the screen, and hold down the menu and center buttons for ten seconds. Occasionally the display doesn’t even work, but that’s okay, because I have long since memorized the layout of the menus. It’s irreplaceable.
Creature- A rock I picked up at a beach near the farthest east I'd been at the time. I think my mom threw it out though.
Errantparabola-A medal
implosion- In my room, in the box it was sold in, is a watch. It has barely been worn, and won't be worn all that much. I can't look at it without bittersweet feelings. We peaked a tournament too soon, and it's a goddamned lie that the watches for the second price are prettier. Perhaps they are, but nobody cares. We earned them, we were great, but at the same time the watch talks about what could have been, and how you can't turn back time.

Vi- I've got a table full of plushies, pick one
notachipmunk-A plush doll that I keep out of spite.
Felissan- A "WWCD" (What Would Cthulhu Do) felt patch that is sewn on to my backpack
mykonian- .let's say my biking helmet
KittyMo-My blue satin pillowcase.

CORRECT MATCHES
Vi
neblive (even though you didn't put it ;o)

SWAPPED PAIRS
N/A

Vi's Results
Spoiler: Vi's Guesses
mykonian- In my room, in the box it was sold in, is a watch. It has barely been worn, and won't be worn all that much. I can't look at it without bittersweet feelings. We peaked a tournament too soon, and it's a goddamned lie that the watches for the second price are prettier. Perhaps they are, but nobody cares. We earned them, we were great, but at the same time the watch talks about what could have been, and how you can't turn back time.
neblive- A "WWCD" (What Would Cthulhu Do) felt patch that is sewn on to my backpack.
implosion- a tiny angel figurine
Creature- "my laptop" holds great importance to me.
McMenno- Pendrive
Equinox- A medal
Errantparabola- A rock I picked up at a beach near the farthest east I'd been at the time. I think my mom threw it out though.
KittyMo- A plush doll that I keep out of spite.
Felissan- let's say my biking helmet
notachipmunk- My blue satin pillowcase.
Shaziro- I have a pink, third generation iPod Nano that my mother got in 2007. I remember when she got it, I didn’t like the color. She has long since moved on to greater devices but that iPod has stuck with me for many years, through middle school, high school, and now college. The backside of the casing is dented a little bit. Occasionally it freezes and I have to lock the screen, unlock the screen, and hold down the menu and center buttons for ten seconds. Occasionally the display doesn’t even work, but that’s okay, because I have long since memorized the layout of the menus. It’s irreplaceable.

CORRECT MATCHES
mykonian
Vi

SWAPPED PAIRS
N/A

KittyMo's Results
Spoiler: KittyMo's Concise Guesses
KittyMo-angel
McMenno-"my laptop"
neblive-pendrive
Felissan-A rock I picked up at a beach near the farthest east I'd been at the time. I think my mom threw it out though.
notachipmunk-pink iPod Nano
Equinox-plush doll out of spite
Errantparabola- blue satin pillowcase
mykonian-biking helmet
Creature- What Would Cthulu Do
Shaziro- medal
Vi-plushies
implosion-watch

CORRECT MATCHES
Vi
Equinox
KittyMo

SWAPPED PAIRS
N/A

Fun Facts- mykonian uses some god-tier detective skills to successfully guess the two shortest and vaguest answers.
- neblive and KittyMo correctly pins the biker as Netherlands but get the wrong guy.
-Unless I'm hallucinating, no swapped pairs. Another tough round-- I'll have to think of something that's easier to guess ;;
- Congrats to KittyMo, who knows her plushies, and mykonian, who knows his one-word answers. They tie for victory this round.

Spoiler: Correct Answers
Creature- Pendrive
Shaziro- My blue satin pillowcase.
neblive- "my laptop" holds great importance to me.
Equinox- A plush doll that I keep out of spite.
McMenno- let's say my biking helmet
implosion- A "WWCD" (What Would Cthulhu Do) felt patch that is sewn on to my backpack.
KittyMo- a tiny angel figurine
Felissan- A medal
notachipmunk- A rock I picked up at a beach near the farthest east I'd been at the time. I think my mom threw it out though.
Errantparabola- I have a pink, third generation iPod Nano that my mother got in 2007. I remember when she got it, I didn’t like the color. She has long since moved on to greater devices but that iPod has stuck with me for many years, through middle school, high school, and now college. The backside of the casing is dented a little bit. Occasionally it freezes and I have to lock the screen, unlock the screen, and hold down the menu and center buttons for ten seconds. Occasionally the display doesn’t even work, but that’s okay, because I have long since memorized the layout of the menus. It’s irreplaceable.
avatar is made from combined small pictures of the avatars of cheery dog, gin n tonic, randomidget, mykonian, lalaladucks, utl, arthur dayne, and kittymo.

and this time, MTD as well. are you happy now MTD
Eggplantaorta
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:43 am

Post by Eggplantaorta »

that's the update! placeholder for question here, i gotta go to the dcotors. i'll be back soon

ROUND 13: LUCK ROUND

Is there anything you do for good luck?

See, because it's 13...
anyway, 3 days
Last edited by Eggplantaorta on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
avatar is made from combined small pictures of the avatars of cheery dog, gin n tonic, randomidget, mykonian, lalaladucks, utl, arthur dayne, and kittymo.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:25 am

Post by mykonian »

all skill, obviously...
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
neblive
neblive
Goon
neblive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:47 am

Post by neblive »

I don't quite understand the question, you mean like a lucky charm or something?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Hmm. my intent with the question was to encompass a lucky charm or some sort of familiar ritual perhaps?
I'll change it to "What is something you do/have for good luck?"
would that clarify
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
neblive
neblive
Goon
neblive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:58 am

Post by neblive »

Yes, it sounds good.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:11 am

Post by Vi »

In post 303, mykonian wrote:all skill, obviously...
this post needs more :cool:

My answer in the last round should have been totally free for anyone who has ever met me, I think?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Felissan »

In post 307, Vi wrote:

My answer in the last round should have been totally free for anyone who has ever met me, I think?
Same for mine. It's not something I brag about a lot, but I do speak quite a bit of that part of my life, so most people I know could have guessed it.
... If they knew I was Felissan, that is.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:52 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 307, Vi wrote:

Indeed.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 am

Post by mykonian »

what medal did you get, Yves?

I dont think people would know about mine, maybe outside my parents. And even they guess, I think. It's not something I talk about much.

From older times, kaats tournaments gave material prices. For example horses for the seniors, or a form of jewelry: watches. Of the former there's one tournament which still insists on it, though it's hard to keep going, watches for the more important youth tournaments that's still going strong. I think I might have talked about it before, the most important tournament for boys is held in my village, every year. Villages send 3 man teams, around 55-60 teams every year. The whole season is geared towards that one event, even the national championship (also village based) is minor compared to it. That you can win "golden" watches is nice, but really not the most important. It's that you'd win "the Freule", and you'd be remembered forever. It matters.

Now I won't pretend we were the best: we weren't. There was one other village which had a team that won everything that year. I won't even pretend I was the best in my team, we had one exceptional talent in our village, I was the second man, but I did my part. But on the right day, we could be second best. We were second best on the national championship. I still remember the final, or really one shot from there. I could have pulled it even, 5-5 in games (first to 6, don't have to have 2 more), did everything right, and just about didn't make it. We lost 5-4 6-6 in the resulting play. A little plate with a number 2 sits above the staircase at my parents place. I think they are kind of proud of it. I don't know if I was so good that day. I think not.

But the weekend before the tournament that meant everything, everything clicked, in one of those tournaments where watches could be won. We had a tough draw. First round was not easy, and after that it were all teams who regularly won prizes, except that one team. They were on the other side. We grew that day, I think it was the best we ever played. The final, well there was only one team that won that year. We made it close, yet again not close enough. 5-4 once more. A silver watch, yet it didn't really matter. It was a saturday, well sunday there was another tournament but that also didn't really matter: wednesday, we would really be there. We seemed to peak at the right moment.

Wednesday, because there were more teams playing, first games were decently easy. Nothing to worry about. First 3 rounds were over in a breeze. 4th round, so in the prizes, we would have our first challenge, a team that didn't suit us so much, but otoh they didn't win all that much. And with everything on the line, half our village watching, we lost. What I have from that day is a shared 5th prize, and good memories of the saturday before.

It doesn't even matter the village we lost against, the guys we knew to be decent but not that great, would win in two iterations (because a player can only win once) in the two years after. They were talented, and/or smart. It doesn't even matter that since that day, no nearly 10 years ago, our village hasn't won a prize on that very tournament. To this day I'm still carrying with me that we peaked too early, and even then never beat that one team. I've had an amazing time playing that sport, yet I'm left with a silver coloured watch and thoughts of what could have been.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Apologies for the delay! My laptop charger broke! But I've gotten a replacement and we're good now.

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Eggplantaorta
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Eggplantaorta »

ROUND 13- LUCK ROUND ANSWERS

Unsure if this is the best round or the worst.

Felissan
- Prayer
Realeo
- No.
Cheery Dog
- I carry a miniature of a certain animal in my bag wherever I go. Made of plastic, not an actual mini animal unfortunately.
Errantparabola
- I get all of my luck from sitechat.
Chickadee
- I'm not superstitious or anything, but I refuse to do laundry on the first day of the year, because it washes away your luck for the year. I know it's silly, but it's something my mom always did, so I do it too now.
Shaziro
- no.
notachipmunk
- in case im not too late, no
N-
I don't?
MTD-
lots of preparation
Vi-
"No."
Neblive-
Defy the laws of the universe and say "What could possibly go wrong"
randomidget-
Nothing, Luck is an illusion, created by our lack of knowledge, for example if you throw a coin, it will either land on heads or tails, you know nothing about the outcome, so you'll give each of them a chance of 50%, but if you know precisely the angle you've thrown it with, along with the direction of the wind and its speed, along with the power of your finger, you'll know exactly what it would land on, so there wouldn't be luck here. In Quantum Mechanics, this is also the case, there's no true random in the universe, but everything is random because we don't know everything.

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Don't worry, not even half of the responses are some form of "no".
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue May 02, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by implosion »

I considered responding with "nope". Regrets.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu May 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

finals are over! updating in abit (after an egregious amount of time)

--implosion
provided
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2017 12:40 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

:o
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Vi »

*sets the parabola's vertex here*
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Eggplantaorta
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Eggplantaorta »

half an hour i told ducks i'd update if she guessed.
and now here we are.

ROUND 13-- LUCK ROUND RESULTS!

lalaladucks's Results
Spoiler: lalaladucks's Guesses
nac - mini animal
ep - sitechat
realeo - preparation
chicka - laundry
random - not late no
felissan - defy laws universe
shaziro - luck is an illusion
cherry - "No."
n - no.
vi - No.
mtd - i don't?
neblive - prayer

CORRECT MATCHES
notachipmunk
Errantparabola
Chickadee
Randomidget
Felissan

SWAPPED PAIRS
Shaziro/neblive

Vi's Results
Spoiler: Vi's Guesses
Chickadee- Prayer
Realeo- No.
notachipmunk- I carry a miniature of a certain animal in my bag wherever I go. Made of plastic, not an actual mini animal unfortunately.
Cheery Dog- I get all of my luck from sitechat.
Errantparabola- I'm not superstitious or anything, but I refuse to do laundry on the first day of the year, because it washes away your luck for the year. I know it's silly, but it's something my mom always did, so I do it too now.
Neblive-- no.
MTD-- in case im not too late, no
N- I don't?
Vi- lots of preparation
Felissan "No."
randomidget- Defy the laws of the universe and say "What could possibly go wrong"
Shaziro Nothing, Luck is an illusion, created by our lack of knowledge, for example if you throw a coin, it will either land on heads or tails, you know nothing about the outcome, so you'll give each of them a chance of 50%, but if you know precisely the angle you've thrown it with, along with the direction of the wind and its speed, along with the power of your finger, you'll know exactly what it would land on, so there wouldn't be luck here. In Quantum Mechanics, this is also the case, there's no true random in the universe, but everything is random because we don't know everything.

CORRECT MATCHES
notachipmunk
Vi

SWAPPED PAIRS
N/Realeo

N's Results
Spoiler: N's Guesses
Felissan- Prayer
Realeo- Defy the laws of the universe and say "What could possibly go wrong"
Cheery Dog- "No."
Errantparabola- I'm not superstitious or anything, but I refuse to do laundry on the first day of the year, because it washes away your luck for the year. I know it's silly, but it's something my mom always did, so I do it too now.
Chickadee- in case im not too late, no
Shaziro- I don't?
notachipmunk- I carry a miniature of a certain animal in my bag wherever I go. Made of plastic, not an actual mini animal unfortunately.
N- No.
MTD- I get all of my luck from sitechat.
Vi- lots of preparation
Neblive- Nothing, Luck is an illusion, created by our lack of knowledge, for example if you throw a coin, it will either land on heads or tails, you know nothing about the outcome, so you'll give each of them a chance of 50%, but if you know precisely the angle you've thrown it with, along with the direction of the wind and its speed, along with the power of your finger, you'll know exactly what it would land on, so there wouldn't be luck here. In Quantum Mechanics, this is also the case, there's no true random in the universe, but everything is random because we don't know everything.
randomidget- no.

CORRECT MATCHES
notachipmunk
N
Vi
neblive

SWAPPED PAIRS
N/A

Fun Facts- notachipmunk provides a much needed respite from these answers by being universally guessable.
- Two people peg me for being a laundry nut (god, laundry) and two people peg Shaziro as a massive luck skeptic.
- But yes, all of the samey answers led to a difficult round, aside from lalaladucks, who I'm fairly convinced uses black magic for her guesses, so let's congratulate her on her win.
- If you squint, you can kind of see Vi as a backwards N? Just a thought. Also, I'm so sorry for letting this flounder for so long. Vi, I'd like to eat my words and apologize.

Spoiler: Correct Answers
Neblive- Nothing, Luck is an illusion, created by our lack of knowledge, for example if you throw a coin, it will either land on heads or tails, you know nothing about the outcome, so you'll give each of them a chance of 50%, but if you know precisely the angle you've thrown it with, along with the direction of the wind and its speed, along with the power of your finger, you'll know exactly what it would land on, so there wouldn't be luck here. In Quantum Mechanics, this is also the case, there's no true random in the universe, but everything is random because we don't know everything.
Errantparabola- I get all of my luck from sitechat.
Felissan- Defy the laws of the universe and say "What could possibly go wrong"
Vi- lots of preparation
N- No.
Cheery Dog- no.
Shaziro- Prayer
MTD- "No."
randomidget- in case im not too late,,no
Realeo- I don't?
Chickadee- I'm not superstitious or anything, but I refuse to do laundry on the first day of the year, because it washes away your luck for the year. I know it's silly, but it's something my mom always did, so I do it too now.

Eggplantaorta
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Eggplantaorta
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Eggplantaorta »

ROUND 14: CHARACTER ROUND

What movie or TV character do you relate with, and why?

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by Clumsy »

/In! This looks fun.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Vi »

My attempts to hone in on the subtleties of punctuation failed miserably. I second-guessed myself on the Shiz, too :/
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:15 am

Post by lalaladucks »

it lives!!
In post 318, Eggplantaorta wrote: cherry - "No."
n - no.

>>>>>

N- No.
Cheery Dog- no.
gr

oh well i predicted 2 correct so i can't be unhappy with the result!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:38 am

Post by Gammagooey »

/in
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Errantparabola »

update tomorrow. pls answer ppl <3

--implosion
provided

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”