Scumleague FF 2017 (1 ACL and counting...)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:49 am

Post by PJ. »

someone tell me who's in league 2 next year.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:08 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

It depends on who (if anyone) doesn’t join up next year and whether or not Gams is relegated for not setting a lineup, but from L3 you’ll be getting Mith, PenguinPower, and Sharon.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:38 am

Post by PJ. »

Racefan
Coruscant Jedi(who?)
Aronis
Gamsibre(unless relegated)
Zoaster(yay)
Mith(yay)
Cow(yay)
Pokerface(yay)
PenguinPower
Me
Sharon(this KMD's wife?)
DN...R?(who?)
DeathNote

And first guy coming up if Gamimbre gets relegated is Locke Lamora?

is that right(tentatively at least)?
Last edited by PJ. on Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Coruscant is Aronis, DN is Deathnote.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Xalxe »

Based solely on positions and not any penalties for inactivity:

"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:58 am

Post by mith »

Re: gamsimbre

In week 12, he had two 0s, but both played - Crabtree had no stats because his day was cut short due to be ejected after the Talib fight; Davis had a target.
In week 13, Crabtree was suspended, and gamsimbre did not bench him. But this does not appear to be a multi-week pattern, just a one-off. Am I missing something?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:11 am

Post by PJ. »

roster didn't change from like week 11 to past playoffs
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:47 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Did it need to? No bye weeks at that point, so it might not have needed to.

(profile pic by datisi)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:07 am

Post by mith »

He made a QB change between weeks 11 and 12. (Not that it ended up being a
good
change. Bortles scored less than Dalton week 11 and then outscored him weeks 12-16.)

There is no requirement to make changes to your lineup or team for the sake of changes. Apart from leaving a suspended Crabtree in against peg, he had a valid lineup every week in that week 12-16 stretch. For comparison, this was the argument in favor of your relegation in 2015:
Week 3: DeMarco Murray left in, was out with injury.
Week 4: Andrew Luck left in, out with injury. Kicker left in, on Injured Reserve.
Week 5: Luck left in, still out with injury. Defense left in on BYE.
Week 8: DeMarco Murray left in on BYE.
Week 9: Keenan Allen left in, out with injury. Graham and Santos left in on BYE.
Week 11: Bradford left in, out with injury. Bryant left in, out on BYE.
Week 12: Bradford left in, out with injury.
It's understandable to me to occasionally miss an injured player (sometimes they aren't ruled out until close to game time). Less so with IR, SUSP, or BYEs. The question here is whether Crabtree was just a one time miss and he intentionally left the lineup as it was otherwise, or if he checked out on the season after week 11 and got lucky that he didn't have more injuries. It would be hard to prove the latter.

To me, the best argument for relegating (or just removing him from the league) is that he doesn't actually participate on the site other than this and another football thing. I'm not opposed to some sort of rule in that regard.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

If that was a rule, Mith, we would be losing a LOT of people.

(profile pic by datisi)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I don't oppose a rule like that myself. I'm saying this as someone who was less active in the league than I should have been too.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 758, mith wrote:To me, the best argument for relegating (or just removing him from the league) is that he doesn't actually participate on the site other than this and another football thing. I'm not opposed to some sort of rule in that regard.
Other than this league, the other nfl mish mash thread, and arguably a couple of discussion threads (One also nfl related), I have not been participating on rest of site. Been meaning to mod some more but been busy. Same can be said about others. Internet Stranger for example got 2nd in L1 this year and he does not participate elsewhere on site. 2nd place L1 absolutely deserves L1 seeding next year. So I think I have to disagree with any rule like that.

Gamesbre has not posted anywhere on site since Nov 26. Not sure if this can be said about many of us. Though if he really has left the site, he won't be back next year so a rule about that wouldn't be necessary

I was against Panzer getting relegated back then as I felt the other players had a fair chance to knock him down. Panzer getting 8th in L1 that year meant those below him deserved their position. It also meant he came back in the final weeks with enough effort and will to keep playing and stay alive. His efforts in the final weeks to stay alive, deserved recognition. Relegating the last 4 places and panzer to bump up and extra L2 player didn't seem right. What did any L2 player have to do with all that? How would bumping one of them up be more fair than having whoever was 9th in L1, not get relegated? Did 4th place L2, really deserve to go to L1? (That player was DDDP and didn't he get 12th in L1 the very next year? I wish we had the AFC North division in L2 that year. When I got 6th in L3 on my first year, I went to L2 the next year as we had a lot of players not return then. I did not feel like I earned my position in that league until I finished 5th overall in that league that year)

Like I said earlier, if Gamesbre really has left the site, a rule relegating him does not need defined. If he comes back next year, I am okay with him being in L2 given his finishing position and given the positions of other players. (Same reason I thought Panzer should have stayed in L1)
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Post by PJ. »

I would say "let's retroactively put me back in l1" but I like what l2 looks like next year.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Poker wrote:Other than this league, the other nfl mish mash thread, and arguably a couple of discussion threads (One also nfl related), I have not been participating on rest of site. Been meaning to mod some more but been busy. Same can be said about others. Internet Stranger for example got 2nd in L1 this year and he does not participate elsewhere on site. 2nd place L1 absolutely deserves L1 seeding next year. So I think I have to disagree with any rule like that.

Gamesbre has not posted anywhere on site since Nov 26. Not sure if this can be said about many of us. Though if he really has left the site, he won't be back next year so a rule about that wouldn't be necessary
^this. A handful of the L1 regulars are only here for fantasy football. If I ever get over my mafia addiction (unlikely), I'd do the same.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:31 am

Post by mith »

Yeah, this is a good point.

I don't believe gamsimbre has actually left permanently - if you look at his posting, he did the same last year (last post Nov 22).
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 am

Post by mith »

I am leaning toward a ruling that gamsimbre stays in L2 if he plays next year. I was considering a mild limitation that he cannot promote to L1 even if there are three or more drops but and we haven't had a single drop in L1 the last four years I think and if for some reason we had a huge exodus I would stand to benefit personally.

I am also leaning toward a Panzerjager-gamsimbre-mith division. Settle it on the field.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

mith wrote:I am also leaning toward a Panzerjager-gamsimbre-mith division. Settle it on the field.
I like that. So mith would be from L3 and Games and panzer would be from L2. Someone else from L1 would need to round out that division. Zoraster since he allowed a scheduling mess in L1 this year?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have no preference what division I am in next year for L2. Put me wherever you want me to be
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 766, PokerFace wrote:Zoraster since he allowed a scheduling mess in L1 this year?
I've thought about that alot and at first, I was all
RRRRAAAAGGGEEE
and wanted him automatically demoted but after thinking about it? naw. He just should lose GM status. He came in 10th so it doesn't matter anyways.

There's going to be a fair amount of turnover in l1 and l2? I feel like divisions should be kept somewhat static.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like if we wanted to keep divisions static then it would be like

vodoo

Rob
Agar
whomever is seabrees
new owner

division of death
<------nfc west of old
tally
new owner
new owner
new owner

miths envy

nero
flameaxe
is
Rhinox
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:05 am

Post by mith »

zoraster won't be commish next year anyway because he's in a league with me. My pick would probably be Nero since I know he's reliable with the auction league already, or Tally who has done it before in other leagues (though she probably doesn't want it).
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Having things static at the top I think is fine. Rivalries can easily exist with only 4 teams changing. The division of death should probably have 1st place from L3 and two of the L2 promotions.

For L2 since there are 7 teams changing and 5 teams returning, I think keeping these static isn't the route to go. Doing some light math, L2 should probably be setup like this next year.

Division 1

Someone returning from L2 (6th) (Middle place of 5 returning L2 players) (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th)
Someone new from L3 (3rd) (Middle place of new L3 players 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
Someone new from L1 (9th) (Top place of new L1)
Someone new from L1 (12th) (Bottom place of new L1)

Division 2

Someone returning from L2 (
4th
or 5th)
Someone new from L3 (2nd or
4th
)
Someone new from L1 (10th or
11th
)
7th
or 8th)

Division 3

Someone returning from L2 (4th or
5th
)
Someone new from L3 (
2nd
or 4th)
Someone new from L1 (
10th
or 11th)
Someone returning from L2 (7th or
8th
)

Since mith got 2nd in L3, Panzer got 8th in L2, Gamesbre got 5th in L2, and zoraster got 10th in L1...

This math makes a division containing each of them look fair!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Could also have divisions 2 and 3 setup like

Division 2

4th
or 5th)
4th
)
Someone new from L1 (
10th
or 11th)
Someone returning from L2 (7th or
8th
)

Division 3

Someone returning from L2 (4th or
5th
)
Someone new from L3 (
2nd
or 4th)
11th
)
7th
or 8th)

But that would not allow for mith, games, and panzer to be together

Regardless of which seeding set is done, I guess I get to be in a division with The Dominator next year. Browns and Steelers rivalry!
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 771, PokerFace wrote:The division of death should probably have 1st place from L3
oh no
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 773, Xalxe wrote:
In post 771, PokerFace wrote:The division of death should probably have 1st place from L3
oh no
You could have Pablito and Jahudo in that division with you since the two of them were in the same division in L2 this year. That would be a way of continuing their rivalry
Division 2

4th
or 5th)
4th
)
11th
)
7th
or 8th)
^This would allow for Racefan and I to be in the same division again next year. I am really liking what I put in post 771. So I would like to retract what I wrote in post 767

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”