Scumleague FF 2017 (1 ACL and counting...)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Shut your face, I haven't lost yet. Mixon is going off for three touchdowns tonight.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PEG and racefan have clinched their divisions so they are in playoffs.

Pablito plays Jahudo next week. Winner is in playoffs and will have highest overall record out of division 3. They will win division 3

Cow plays Panzer next week. Winner will be tied with loser of Pabs vs Jahudo in overall record. Who has highest overall score will make playoffs as division 3 crown will already be decided.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 619, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 616, PJ. wrote:
In post 614, Kmd4390 wrote:*shrug*

I posted the facts. That's all I'm interested in.
The facts are that he could of put you in relegation. But he didn't set his lineup. So.....what facts.
Which is only true if he gets relegated in which case the conversation would be pointless to have. And even that assumes he could have made up 70 points or whatever it is. And I covered that in my post when I said he hurt his own overall rank in terms or promotion/relegation. And if he isn't in relegation range, relegating him saves someone anyway which doesn't really solve that issue.
I literally had this exact argument when I left Luck in for like 4 weeks while he was hurt and got relegated. It didn't affect playoffs or relegation and I got put down(I won at least half the games in question). The rules are if you miss multiple weeks, it doesn't matter what the results are. Bring a doctors note, ya know?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 623, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 617, PJ. wrote:
In post 615, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 610, PJ. wrote:
In post 607, Nero Cain wrote:10 teams is so much of a fucking joke. Just draft better and make smarter wire pickups. If anything, I'd argue to reduce the bench size before axeing two teams.

This is the stupidest paragraph I've ever read, congrats.
just for shits and giggles what even is your argument for a 10 team league?
More options. You actually can waiver playable personnel instead of the best WR option from FA being Dede westbrook or Ryan Grant. You can actual waiver wire players that aren't lottery picks. And "drafting better" isn't really a solution to the problem. Players get hurt(ie. David Johnson, Odell Beckham, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Olsen, or any other number of top 5/10 projected players in their position). Some players under perform due to other people getting injured(Mike Evans a good example here). Being able to solve those problems in a satisfactory way that doesn't involve playing the lottery every week on a no-name scrub is actually nice.
The difference would only be about 10 WRs total. There’s not much of a differences between the 51st best WR (best non-rostered WR in a 10 team league assuming everyone has 5 WRs) and the 61st best (12-team). The difference last year was between DeVante Parker (98.4 points) and Terrence Williams (81.4). Both suck. And everyone is picking from the same boat.
It
is
a big difference though. Because it not really a difference of 51st and 61st. It's there 70 WRs rostered in L2. And 52 RBS. That's ridiculous. There were several weeks this season where you would go to the typical fantasy football sites for "pick ups of the week" and they'd all already be on teams from the week before.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 626, PokerFace wrote:PEG and racefan have clinched their divisions so they are in playoffs.

Pablito plays Jahudo next week. Winner is in playoffs and will have highest overall record out of division 3. They will win division 3

Cow plays Panzer next week. Winner will be tied with loser of Pabs vs Jahudo in overall record. Who has highest overall score will make playoffs as division 3 crown will already be decided.
It'a not division record first?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 627, PJ. wrote:
In post 619, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 616, PJ. wrote:
In post 614, Kmd4390 wrote:*shrug*

I posted the facts. That's all I'm interested in.
The facts are that he could of put you in relegation. But he didn't set his lineup. So.....what facts.
Which is only true if he gets relegated in which case the conversation would be pointless to have. And even that assumes he could have made up 70 points or whatever it is. And I covered that in my post when I said he hurt his own overall rank in terms or promotion/relegation. And if he isn't in relegation range, relegating him saves someone anyway which doesn't really solve that issue.
I literally had this exact argument when I left Luck in for like 4 weeks while he was hurt and got relegated. It didn't affect playoffs or relegation and I got put down(I won at least half the games in question). The rules are if you miss multiple weeks, it doesn't matter what the results are. Bring a doctors note, ya know?
Ah, ok
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by racefan12 »

Based on the way the league standings have been shown for the season up to now, division record is the first tiebreaker for division winners, but points scored is the tiebreaker for everything else.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 607, Nero Cain wrote:10 teams is so much of a fucking joke. Just draft better and make smarter wire pickups. If anything, I'd argue to reduce the bench size before axeing two teams.

The bottom 4 in L1 (9, 10, 11, 12) go to L2

Top 3 in L2 go to L1.

last place in l2 goes to L3

Winner of L3 goes to L1.
I think bottom four in L2 go to L3 and #2-4 in L3 go to L2? It's definitely not true that the only way out of L3 is to win and get put in L1.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Scumleague FF 2016 (.500 or Bust)
mith wrote:L1 #1
L1 #2
L1 #3
L2 #1
L1 #4
L1 #5
L2 #2
L1 #6
L1 #7
L2 #3
L3 #1
L1 #8

L2 #4
L1 #9
L2 #5
L1 #10
L3 #2
L2 #6
L2 #7
L1 #11
L3 #3
L2 #8
L3 #4
L1 #12

L2 #9
L3 #5
L2 #10
L3 #6
L3 #7
L2 #11
L3 #8
L2 #12
L3 #9
L3 #10
L3 #11
L3 #12
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:
In post 626, PokerFace wrote:PEG and racefan have clinched their divisions so they are in playoffs.

It'a not division record first?
PokerFace wrote:Gamesbre and KMD play each other next week. Both should be tied at 6-7. Loser will be 6-8. Looking at odds and status of other teams in league 6-8 is almost a guaranteed relegation. Especially for a low scoring team. If gamesbre does not set his lineup again, then I think he will be relegated. Allow me to explain

After week 10, gamesbre led division 1 because him and peg had the same overall record and gamesbre had a better divisional record. I was 5th after that week. Week 11, Peg won, Game lost, I lost. I moved to 4th place overall. How you ask? Games record overall was now worse than Pegs. Because Games overall record was worse, the division record did not matter. Peg led division 1 after week 11. Gamesbre was now 7th. And I was then 4th. Overall record matters most. If and only if there is a tie there then division record matters next. If there is no tie, then score is used to decide wild card.

Pablito has beaten Cow already this week. If Jahudo loses to panzer then Jahudo and Pablito will both be 8-5. Pabs division record will be 4-1, Jahudo's will be 2-3. Pablito will be division leader but he will still be 4th seed as Jahudo will have a higher overall score.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

As I outlined above, Jahudo is currently listed as 3 and pablito is 4. Pablito has the division leader symbol by his name while Jahudo has the higher overall score. Division record only decides who leads division, not who gets higher seed. As Pablito and Jahudo play each other next week, winner of that will have a higher overall record so they will then lead division 3. Division record is only a tie breaker if the division is not yet decided. Since that will decide it, score will decide who is 4th and who is 5th.

Current Division 3 scores

Jahudo 1210.76 (8-5)
Pablito 1148.26 (8-5)
Panzer 1139.12 (7-6)
Cow 1133.98 (7-6)

So your best chance Panzer is for Jahudo to win, you to win and for you to out score Pablito by 9.15. Otherwise good luck getting the win and 72+ points above Jahudo.

All projections but 1 paned out last night. Wraith won so he still has a chance to avoid relegation. Racefan lost so he did not clinch #1 seed he only clinched his division.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:14 am

Post by racefan12 »

Lesson learned: Never believe pre-game reports about potentially injured star players
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by AGar »

Divisions only really work if our scheduling doesn't get completely fucked up heyyyy
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 637, AGar wrote:Divisions only really work if our scheduling doesn't get completely fucked up heyyyy
ayyyy
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

okay, i guess I'm rooting for Jahudo then.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 639, PJ. wrote:okay, i guess I'm rooting for Jahudo then.
fwiw if the projections hold true (projections lul) they have pabs and you winning and you having the 4th spot won from divisional record over jahudo.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by PJ. »

Poker face just said that doesn't matter, tho. Only Points for when it comes to wild card.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 641, PJ. wrote:Poker face just said that doesn't matter, tho. Only Points for when it comes to wild card.

i know which is why im really confused as to why projections say youre in 4th if you and pabs win this week.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love

STREAMING:

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:14 pm

Post by PJ. »

projections where?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

What/which projections have him in forth with a Pablito victory and lower than Jahudo points?
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am

Post by pablito »

No matter what it's exciting to have a division so wide open on the last game. Well done to all four of us. But yes it's going to suck for both that lose especially if it's a tight game.
Sup, later.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 637, AGar wrote:Divisions only really work if our scheduling doesn't get completely fucked up heyyyy
ikr. also good def pick up.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 am

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 644, PokerFace wrote:What/which projections have him in forth with a Pablito victory and lower than Jahudo points?

As in the current projections via yahoo, this is what theyve got.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

STREAMING:

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

I would not trust that screen. I just made a change to my line up that gives me more overall projected points in my game and that view still lists me as losing and getting tenth. I would rather believe my logic

Edit: Also right now Lamora and I have same overall record. He has better division record while I have higher score, and right now I am in the higher place. The current standing go directly against those projected standings. Those projected standings have us both losing and somehow he takes over my place? More reason to believe the projected standings view you have there is messed up

Edit: Also Matchup projections right now have Panzer losing to cow, but your current view says panzer wins. Something is wrong with the projected standings compared to matchup standings and actual current standings. So I gonna trust my logic
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

this is my regular "4 playoff spots in a 12 person league is absurd" post
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”