Haggle Smash 64 (GAMEOVER)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Spoiler: current status
N
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rules: (11), (15)

Haschel Cedricson
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rules: (17)

Irrelephant11
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rules: (18), (12)

chamber
Rules: (10), (14)

rahladahla
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rules: (1)

VashtaNeurotic
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rules: (13), (3), (7)

BigYoshiFan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rules: (5), (16)

animorpherv1
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rules: (4), (9), (8), (6), (2)
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

So yeah Haschel likely has more than double what anyone else has, so like, the only way anyone else wins is if we all decide to help someone other than Haschel win, though I'm not quite sure how easy that will be the only way I can think of it working is if I literally have all the R.O.Bs. More than willing to give the jigglypuff rule to anyone or talk about why we should support someone other than Haschel (main reason is the rule he had to gain this lead was one he just happened to be given at game start, meanwhile other people had to haggle for their main strategy), but yeah, best I can do is offer
One Link for Three or More R. O. B s

This deal is repeatable so long as I still have Links.
No one will likely take me up on the offer, but it's the only thing I can think of that can possibly get a win for anyone other than Haschel.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

In post 501, VashtaNeurotic wrote:(main reason is the rule he had to gain this lead was one he just happened to be given at game start, meanwhile other people had to haggle for their main strategy)
Hey now, I got the rule at the start, yes, but I had to both haggle away one token and haggle to get another all while people knew I really wanted Jigglypuffs and didn't want Kirby's. Furthermore, I kept my rule secret until it was too late for everyone else to use it against me; I was able to make the trades I wanted while keeping my leverage. And I know all but three rules, which as far as I can tell is more than anyone so don't tell me I haven't been playing the game as hard as everyone else.

I understand why you have to go for the Hail Mary but I think we both know why it won't work. Or at least why it shouldn't work; "We chose to let Vash win" seems like a MUCH worse reason for somebody to win this game than "Haschel started with a Rule".
rahladahla
rahladahla
Watcher
rahladahla
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by rahladahla »

In post 499, chamber wrote:Offer rahladahla mario ness yoshi 2 rob for captain falcon.
Accept
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 503, rahladahla wrote:
In post 499, chamber wrote:Offer rahladahla mario ness yoshi 2 rob for captain falcon.
Accept
confirming this cause I didn't make it bold originally.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by chamber »

My bigger issue with the game as a whole was the timespan. I think this game works better with out of game communication over like 8 hours on a weekend than it does over a week.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

I mean it's less "Haschel started with a rule" and more, "Haschel started with a rule that basically led to insta win so long as very few people knew about it". Like sure other rules allow people to make game plans, but like, the condition on this to get all those points (though I don't know the trade off so maybe in hindsight it is a big trade off), seems like very little as compared to say, the luigi or even pikachu rule, both of which get you way fewer points. And like even when one person doesn't have them, it basically makes the game between the people who do. Though to be fair, that's more a thought on game design than anything. Anyway, I'm fine with getting third or maybe even second anyway. GG all, last offer still stands.

Offer Rule 7 for any Rule not owned by Haschel or Irrelephant
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 12:39 am

Post by chamber »

Is the rule you get 10^x where x is the number of jiggly puffs? Just my guess based on peoples reactions.
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 2:15 am

Post by mallowgeno »

In post 503, rahladahla wrote:
Accept
Processing
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 2:18 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Spoiler: current status
N

Haschel Cedricson

Irrelephant11

chamber
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

rahladahla
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

VashtaNeurotic

BigYoshiFan

animorpherv1
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 3:55 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

offer N a Samus and two yoshis & both my rules for both pikas

Both our final scores go up significantly, promise
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 5:02 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Market is now closed, tabulating results
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 5:04 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Final Rosters

N

Haschel Cedricson

Irrelephant11

chamber
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

rahladahla
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

VashtaNeurotic
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

BigYoshiFan

animorpherv1
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 5:25 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Spoiler: Da Rulez
Rule (1)Image likes to trade bananas. At the end of the game the players with a Image will choose a character (other than Image) in their roster and trade it with the other Image holder.
Rule (2)If you have an odd number of Image at the end of the game each Image is worth -10 points
Rule (3)Image is worth 40 points each if the number of Image you have is only greater than the number of Image you have by 1 or is equal
Rule (4)Having the most Image at the end of the game earns you 150 points. Having the least Image loses you 50 points. If there is a tie all tied players receive full points.
Rule (5)Image is worth 10 points each
Rule (6)The player with the most Image at the end of days 3 and 5 will earn a secret rule. If there is a tie, then all players with the most get the rule
Rule (7)Image likes being the only puffball. Image will earn you 150 points at the end of the game, but only if you have no Image
Rule (8)Image is worth -20 points each at the end of the game
Rule (9)The player with the most Image at the end of each day will earn a Image (worth 50 points). This player also loses 1 Image. If there is a tie then nothing happens.
Rule (10)Having the least Image at the end of a day, starting at the end of day 2, earns you a Image. If there is a tie all tied players earn a Image.
Rule (11)Image and Image are secretly a cute pair. If you have the most pairs of them at the end of the game you earn 100 points
Rule (12)Image likes seeing similar things. Image is worth 15 points x the number of most abundant character in your roster (so if you had 4 Warios, Pikachu would be worth 15x4=60 points each)
Rule (13)Image is worth 10 points x the number of players that own a Image
Rule (14)If you have more than 14 characters in your roster at the end of the game you lose 20 points per character over 14)
Rule (15)Image is worth 30 points for each opponent directly above/below you that does not have a Image at the end of the game (animorpherv1 and kdowns count as being above/below each other)
Rule (16)The number of Image you have at the end of the game will score you -50/-20/0/40/100/200 depending on how many you have (0/1/2/3/4/5+)
Rule (17)Every 2 Image is worth 20 points and rule 14 doesn't apply to these pairs
Rule (18)If you have an even number of Image at the end of the game, each Image is worth 20 points

Spoiler: RESULTS

1st - Haschel Cedricson (600)

2nd - Irrelephant11 (460)
3rd - Rahladahla (400)
4th - VashtaNeurotic (390)
5th - Chamber (280)
6th - N (195)
7th - BigYoshiFan (180)
8th - Animorpherv1 (20)
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 5:30 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Some thoughts about the game...

Jigglypuff being worth 150 points was considered for a couple reasons. #1 it was rare and thus would probably not be traded very easily unless the player knew what they were getting. #2 the player who got the Jigglypuff rule did not start with a Jigglypuff AND started with 2 Kirby they would need to get rid of if they wanted to go for Jigglypuff. #3 going for Jigglypuff would cost you 50 points anyway for not having any Kirby.

Kdowns not being here and N (thanks again N) filling in locked the DK and Rule #6 which didn't matter as much. Had he not been replaced HC could have been screwed by Ani if Ani gave him a Kirby.

I think there were too many ROBs, I think I should have possibly made them worth negative points as well but I didn't want to further punish players who had no Samus already as they would lose 50 points if they ended the game with no Samus.

Would love to hear feedback from you all and I hope you guys enjoyed this! Congrats Haschel!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Woooooo

Thank you very much for running this game, mallow; I had a wonderful time (and would be saying that even if I hadn't won).
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

DANGIT MY LAST TRADE WOULD HAVE MADE ME TIE FOR FIRST, I should have offered it sooner

my strategy was to identify my biggest competition and get people to stop trading with them. It didn’t work well enough, but it was a close game! I saw almost as many rules as Haschel and was right on his tail.

Good game HC! Good game all.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I wish “Jiggly is worth 150” and “Jiggly is worth nothing next to Kirby” we’re separate rules, or something similar. I definitely feel like HC got a head start - he used it well, but boy is it hard to beat three tokens worth 150 each without anyone else knowing that would happen or how to stop it
rahladahla
rahladahla
Watcher
rahladahla
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 7:48 am

Post by rahladahla »

I had a lot of fun playing this game for the first time. Thank you everyone for being cool and also to mallowgeno for hosting. :)
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2018 10:33 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

That was a lot closer than I thought. Good game all, it was a lot of fun even though I wasn't around for most of the end.

In light of the kirby rule, the jigglypuff rule isn't as bad as I thought, but I still think it was poorly designed. Like the rule was basically jigglypuff is worth 100 points due to that condition on Kirbys (and that's if you only have 1). And if something is going to be worth that much, you need a pretty strong condition for it to be worth that much, which, well isn't just not having a certain type. Getting rid of 2 of a card that people actually want to have is not that difficult, and getting a card that only you know the value of can be difficult if you do it poorly (like I did with pikachu) but not too much. Furthermore, like, people might be able to extrapolate that jigglypuff is valuable, but not that it was far more valuable than any other card in the game, which means that people will never assume it is that valuable ( rarity doesn't atfect this too much, after all DK was worth comparatively little and was the rarest thing in the game). Like, at it's best Kirby was worth 40 points a piece and required you to fill a third of your hand, luigi had a super harsh condition to be worth 40 points each, and to get 50 points on the links you basically needed to risk half your hand being worthless the rest of the game. Even with the pikachu rule you also had to flood your hand, and the only real way of doing this easily required a roll of the dice on R.O.Bs, which did penalize me due to the condition to get that. Meanwhile with jigglypuff, it was worth way more than any of those others for a condition that can be just as easy or harder to meet, making them rarer also just means that fewer players get that bonus.

Regardless, that was certainly a lot of fun to play and try to figure stuff out with. Despite my disagreement on that, huge props to mallow for designing all of this and being around to run it. Would be interesting to see the pandemonium of doing things like this live, but damn would a mod have to be active. I also think it would be interest to have a variant with say, a third of the rules being public at game start and see how that goes.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”