Another 2018 World Cup prediction game but only if u want it

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Another 2018 World Cup prediction game but only if u want it

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Harambey180 »

Hey guys,

so Nexus has a prediction game. It's on another site and you have to sign up.
I wanted to host exactly the same thing abt a month ago, shortly after I got a 1-month ban from Mish Mash. I don't know if Nexus made his prediction comp before or after that moment but honestly what does it matter.

I am willing to host a prediction game on this site and do the scoring and formatting myself which I think I am able to do, but only if you really want another one.
That's why I want you to ego this thread if, and only if, you'd play in this game
Enough people do this, I'll do the prediction game.

Fyi, I'll already say how the scoring works in my comp.

There are two types of predictions: Match predictions and a Tournament prediction.
In a match prediction, you enter a prediction for every single match that is played. That will be 64 matches, so 64 match predictions. The better your prediction, the more points you'll get.
Here's a table showing you how many points you will get for each possibility:
Result
Prediction
1:2
1:1
2:0
Predicting the correct outcome AND (predicting the number of goals scored by one of the teams OR predicting the correct goal difference)2:0
3:1
0:1
0:0
2:1
0:3
1:3
Predicting the correct outcome AND not predicting the number of goals scored by one of the teams / the correct goal difference1:0
2:4
3:1
Predicting the wrong outcome but predicting the number of goals scored by one of the teams1:0
3:2
2:2
None of the above
or
if you didn't enter a prediction
1:0
0:3
0:2
0:0
-

Goals scored in extra time are part of the result, but penalties are not and should not be part of your predictions. So, if a match is 1:1 after 90 mins and during extra time, it becomes 2:1, then the result of the match will be 2:1 and not 1:1. If the match is 1:1 after extra time, then the result is 1:1 disregard of the penalties.
- If we have this prediction game, you'd be able to enter match predictions up until kick-off time. Predictions after kick-off time will not be accepted so make sure to do that in time.

Secondly, you have the tournament prediction. A tournament prediction must be entered before the start of the entire tournament. Your tournament prediction consists of the following:
World Champion (6 points)
Runner-Up (4 points)
(out in) Semi Finals (3 points)
(out in) Quarter Finals (2 points)
(out in) Round of 16 (1 point)
Group 3rd (1 point)
Group 4th (1 point)

You can only enter each nation in one of these groups. If you do everything right, each nation should be in your tournament prediction in one of these groups, with one nation in the top two categories, then two semi finalists, four quarter finalists and eight nations in the remaining three groups.

I might, might not, do multiple types of contests.
The one that I will definitely do if we are going to do this prediction game is the Classic Contest. It's the most simple one of all. Whoever has the highest total amount of points of all predictions wins.
I might do some of the following:
- Cup Contest. In the Cup Contest, players will battle head-to-head in a round of predictions, for example the predictions of Round 2 in the group stage. Whoever has the highest score of the two will advance. In case of a tie in scores, the player that got the higher score in the previous round moves on, which is why Round 1 of the group stage will never be a round in the Cup Contest.
- Drop Out Contest. In the Drop Out Contest, players will drop out from the group in small bits each round until there is only one player left (or more, in case of a tie in the Final, or Semi Final, or whatever round will be the last in the Drop Out Contest). That means, in each round, the few players with the worst score of that round will drop out of the contest. Here's the formula I'd use if we do this contest:
PLAYERS: x
ROUNDS: y
DROPOUT: (x divided by y, then rounded up if needed).
So, if there are 10 players left, and 3 rounds remain, then 10 / 4 = 2,5 -> 3 players with the lowest score drop out of the contest.

And if you guys would be really fantastic, you could tell me the country that you're from (or playing for) and the football team you support. Then I could potentially also do a Country Contest and/or a Supporters Contest.

That's it for now.
IMPORTANT STUFF, SO IMPORTANT I PUT IT IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND MADE IT HUGE

If you would be willing to play in this prediction game, say:
I'D JOIN

And I was wondering if I should also join as the host or not, so I'm just gonna ask you it.
If you want me to play with you guys in this prediction game (if we have it), then quote Post 1.
If you don't want me to play with you guys in this prediction game (if we have it), then quote Post 2.

Thanks all!
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Harambey180 »

YES PLEASE PLAY WITH US!
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 am

Post by Harambey180 »

NO, DON'T PLAY, GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE HARAMBEY180!
hi
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Can I play even if I don't know anything about football?
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:17 am

Post by Harambey180 »

In post 3, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Can I play even if I don't know anything about football?
Sure! Anyone who wants to make predictions, can make predictions! If we'll have one, ofc.
Fyi, entering predictions will probably be with PM's. I think that's the most fitting.
hi
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 am

Post by Harambey180 »