Mish Mash Reorganization

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2, JDGA wrote:Yeah, this just feels really bad in the gut.
In post 0, zoraster wrote:his forum is now known as "Other Forum Games" (
mirroring many other sites
for the ease of new players)
:igmeou:
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I really don't think that renaming mish mash would accomplish that though and like right below it is "This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants." so like it's their fault if they don't know what it is. Personally, I feel like the site having a unique name for something just adds culture. Sorry but I just find the whole name change will get us more players is just flawed logic and more about the new regime wanting to put their stamp on it or something. If you want new players you are going to have to canvass. Now, I'm not suggesting a mass pm or anything but ya know-talk to your friends. If you think someone might be interested then shoot them a pm. And tell your real life friends (unless you don't want them to know about this nerdy hobby or something) like if you go to a game night or something they might be interested in playing games online. If you play an MMO or just whatever, wherever you think someone might be interested. I just really really don't think the renaming mish mish is going to get more players.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

the other thing is maybe add a single award for spectacular play in
A
game so that a new player (yes, I know there's a new player award and no I don't think they overlap) or a player with limited time can feel like they can just play well and win a mashie.
In post 0, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:In order to be considered by the Mish Mash Scummy judging committee, a nomination must be seconded,
but additional nths will increase a nominee's chances.
Also not a super huge fan of the language here. It's likely not a problem b/c I don't think that many people even care about them but awards shouldn't be a popularity contest.

Also, de-clutter and put the finished/abandoned games in the Sens Archive.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”