Murder Riddle (Solved)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

I did not actually believe there was no solution, I just wanted to confirm that this was not just a joke, to quench that nagging fear that I am being set up.

I am pressed for time now but I wonder if William faked a call for reinforcements and Tech locked the door out of fear before dying...

Or wait a second... "The Person Inside"...??! (Although, we know that Tech did die.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

The blood was found OUTSIDE the bathroom door. He could have been stabbed outside the bathroom and tried to barricade himself inside.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:22 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

That is the likely explanation.
The weird explanation is that William fought and legit killed Tech, threw Tech out another window, and then William locked himself inside
disguised as Tech

When I get more time I will try to see if I can fit that into my theory.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:21 am

The problem is Jezz say "Dad's dead".

He did fight with his attacker, so probably he was stabbed and not shot.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

All right.

Option 1: William ambushed Tech by hiding in the bathroom. Tech screamed as he found William in there, and they fought. It ended up with William escaping and
Tech locked the door
with his last remaining energy before dying.

Option 2: William killed Tech and threw Tech's body out another window. Then William hid in the bathroom and somehow
disguised himself as Tech

Both of them seem unlikely, but I think it is option 1. I will write a theory about it later.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:22 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Theory 06
Ryax and William are the culprits.
First six murders
: At 6 AM,
Ryax
woke up, opened the dining room, and killed one of the first six.
William
assisted and killed the other five.
I presume that they were able to do it because everyone fell asleep in their chairs after chatting so long.
Ryax also gave himself and William each a knife, and locked the kitchen by grabbing the keys out of the servants' room. He had little time, so he left the keys on the table
, as Fen noticed.

Next,
William
hid out somewhere in the basement.
Sarah and Flaming
went into the basement and locked the door using the basement key, taking said key with them.
William
killed the two, and hid in the
non-boiler
room.
(Conveniently, the surviving people forgot to search the room called "Basement".)

William
killed
Alex
and dropped his key near Alex's body. Then, William took the key to Alex's room and locked Alex's door. Then he went to his own room, locked it from the inside, and faked his own death.

Orange
was simply killed because William got in and Orange forgot to lock his own room. (The narration never says Orange locks his own room.) William managed to grab Orange's gun and shoot Orange, and then hide in a different room.

William hid in the bathroom, and when
Tech
entered, they fought. William escaped after a bit of fighting to hide in another room, while Tech locked the door with his last bit of energy... before dying.

Fen
and
Luka
:
William used his knife to kill
Luka
. Fen shot William, but he survived, took Luka's gun, and fatally shot Fen. He then hid in the study
, a lucky (or unlucky, depending on your POV) guess...

Jezz
was murdered to make it look like a suicide. William had been hiding in the study
, and sometime after Jezz ran in,
he killed her
. I guess the "heavy iron door" may muffle the sound of the gunshot. I doubt it is relevant whether William still hid in the room (Ryax, a culprit, "confirmed" the lack of a hider) or escaped (the window was apparently wide open).

Ryax only helped once in the first six deaths, and never fought anyone. He was a
nice and gentle person
, who let William do almost all the work.

I think this covers everything.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Segaco
Segaco
Townie
Segaco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:57 am

Post by Segaco »

So this is how it feels to get cornered. Well,

For the first six murders the culprits may have left the keys on the table because they forgot, but how was the door locked?

For the second murders, the narration states "The group(s) in the second and third floor descended to the first floor, and found Ryax and Zeus in front of the basement's door."
With "The group" I really mean
the groups which were chosen to go to the second and third floor. Which means, the entirety of those groups descended to the first floor. That is to say, William, Alex, Tech, Orange, Luka, Yarn, Fen and Jezz.

To be more clear:
no one ever hid in the basement.

If you take another look at the purples for the basement you may reach the intended solution.

And lastly, let me ask you a question about William's and Alex's case. Just a very simple and easy question:
A certain sound made the ones in the parlor take notice that something had happened to the two. What was this sound?
Last edited by Segaco on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:18 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Gah, I copied that last theory from the one in which Xerxes was the killer, and I thought I fixed everything. Apparently I did not.

One of the first six must have locked the room after the attack and then died... but that seems weird, considering that they were all sitting at the table when they died, so the one that locked the door likely would have collapsed on the floor.

I remember how Ryax "lost sight of Zeus" (or was it the other way around?)... so maybe Ryax did the killing. However, I see no way for Ryax to lock the door.

If that is not true, then I guess you may be... trying to convince me that Zeus is a culprit? That makes no sense though, as otherwise Ryax+Zeus would have instantly killed Yarn at the final three without having the conversation at the end. (And there is no WAY that Zeus could do all this alone.)
So I think that Ryax probably went down and killed the two... but wait... how did Zeus, an innocent, react in surprise if he was the only one that could have locked the door?... wait...
Perhaps Ryax hid INSIDE the room, locked the door, and called "Hey look at this" to Zeus. Zeus opened the door and screamed.

That, or William somehow got all the way down and then all the way up... no, because without the basement key, the door still could not have been locked. Zeus would not have reacted in surprise if he himself locked the door. So this seems like an impossible scenario. (And since Sarah and Flaming died "instantly", there is no way that one of them could lock the door after being attacked like Tech did.)

William+Alex case: the sound was a gunshot, a scream, or a heavy falling object. Probably the first.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Theory 07
First six murders
Ryax
woke up, opened the dining room by grabbing keys from the servant room, and
William
killed the six victims.
I presume that they were able to do it because everyone fell asleep in their chairs after chatting so long.
Ryax also gave himself and William each a knife, and locked the kitchen. He had little time, so he left the keys on the table
, as Fen noticed. But then
the culprits escaped by entering the
kitchen
, locking the door, and going out through the
kitchen window
AFAICT, it is only confirmed that the Dining Room windows are locked.

Next,
Ryax did what he said with Zeus and then dashed into the basement when Zeus was not looking. He locked the door and killed
Sarah and Flaming
with his knife. Then he called Zeus in shock from within the basement
, so that Zeus would
unlock it with his master key

William
killed
Alex
and dropped his key near Alex's body. Then, William took the key to Alex's room and locked Alex's door. Then he went to his own room, locked it from the inside, and faked his own death.

Orange
was simply killed because William got in and Orange forgot to lock his own room. (The narration never says Orange locks his own room.) William stabbed Orange with his knife, managed to grab Orange's gun, and shot Orange for good measure. This made a loud sound, so William then hid somewhere else.

William hid in the bathroom, and when
Tech
entered, they fought. William escaped after a bit of fighting to hide in another room, while Tech locked the door with his last bit of energy... before dying.

Fen
and
Luka
:
Luka
. Fen shot William, but he survived, took Luka's gun, and fatally shot Fen. He then hid in the study

Jezz
was murdered to make it look like a suicide. William had been hiding in the study
he killed her
. I guess the "heavy iron door" may muffle the sound of the gunshot. I doubt it is relevant whether William still hid in the room (Ryax, a culprit, "confirmed" the lack of a hider) or escaped (the window was apparently wide open).

Ryax only helped twice in the first eight deaths, and never fought anyone. He was a
nice and gentle person
, who let William do almost all the work, and let his victims die "instantly" and perhaps painlessly (not sure how that stuff works).

I think there is something I am missing regarding the first six though.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Segaco
Segaco
Townie
Segaco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Segaco »

Why can I edit everyone's posts?
How weird.
2 718281828459 wrote:
Theory 07
Ryax did what he said with Zeus and then dashed into the basement when Zeus was not looking. He locked the door and killed
Sarah and Flaming
with his knife. Then he called Zeus in shock from within the basement
, so that Zeus would
unlock it with his master key
Do keep in mind our dear characters
are
a bit stupid, but not too much. Imagine if the person you were with suddenly disappeared, called you from within a room which has the only way in and out locked, and when you unlocked it you found him inside with two dead bodies.
Not sure about you, but I would immediately think something was off there. And not mentioning these things to everyone else would be even worse.

Let's clear this up a bit with red:
Ryax and Zeus were together in front of the basement's door when Zeus unlocked it.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

The person who creates the thread has moderator rights in that thread. Since you created the thread, you can edit or delete anything.

I also think that if you delete the first post then ownership moves to whoever made what is then the first post. (Do not try this at home!!)

All right, here is my other theory then. EDIT 3: NO, it does not work! UGH...
EDIT 4: Now I think I have it, FOR REAL.
Theory 08
1-6
Ryax
woke up, opened the dining room by grabbing keys from the servant room, and
William
killed five of the six victims while Ryax killed the last one.
Ryax also gave himself and William each a knife, and locked the kitchen. He had little time, so he left the keys on the table
, as Fen noticed. But then
the culprits escaped by entering the
kitchen
, locking the door, and going out through the
kitchen window
AFAICT, it is only confirmed that the Dining Room windows are locked.

7-8
: Next,
William pretended to search upstairs, but he really found his way (probably through windows) to the basement. He killed
Sarah and Flaming
near the stairs, and then either he or Ryax pushed the key under the door
(with a bit of momentum), so that the key would appear to be near the bodies.

9-10
:
William
killed
Alex

:
Orange
was simply killed because William got in and Orange forgot to lock his own room. (The narration never says Orange locks his own room.) William stabbed Orange with his knife, managed to grab Orange's gun, and shot Orange for good measure. This made a loud sound, so William then hid somewhere else.

: William hid in the bathroom, and when
Tech

13-14
:
Luka

:
Jezz
he killed her

Ryax only committed one murder, and never fought anyone. He was a
nice and gentle person
, who let William do almost all the work. (An albeit twisted meaning of "nice", but it is technically true.)

(In case I get even more theories I might just say "Replace line
7-8
with
" so I need not copy-paste this annoyingly long thing every single time.)
Last edited by 2 718281828459 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Wait, never mind, that theory is defunct because William has no key. So cancel.
EDIT: OK, I think I figured out what I actually meant to write.
EDIT 2: No, that line of reasoning was also flawed. So either Ryax managed to slip the basement key under the door, or... never mind, it must be that, as the only two people who were in the basement died "instantly" according to a reliable source.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Segaco
Segaco
Townie
Segaco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Segaco »

Remember Ryax was not with Zeus for around a single minute, so it would be difficult for William to meet with Ryax, tell him the plan, have Ryax get into the servants' room, look for the key, go to the basement to slip the key in and then meet back with Zeus.
It could be argued that the servants took the basement key and William slipped it under the door after stealing it from them, but why would the servants take it? Even if they needed to lock a door, they have their master keys, so there's no need.
But it could also be argued that William entered the servants' room, took the key and then slipped said key under the door without Ryax's help after killing the servants, so I'll just deny all of these theories with one red:
There are no gaps under any of the doors.

If you believe that you got your culprits, then go back to the story and check out what they say in purple. Since you know they may lie about things... you may just find what they're lying about.
-----
On another note, do you know why the colors in the forum are a darker than in other forums?
The red in this forum is like this.

And in some other forum I'm in it's different:
Red's like, more "red"(or brighter) in the second picture
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Of course.
Theory 09
7-8
:
William pretended to search upstairs, but he really found his way (probably through windows) to the basement. He killed Sarah and Flaming near the stairs, and then gave the key to Ryax during that minute that Ryax was away from Zeus. Ryax locked the door. Later, when Zeus was unlocking the door, Ryax threw the key onto the bodies. Zeus was distracted and did not see it.

All else is the same as the previous theory.

About the colors, which theme are you using? I use mafBlack, and the red is
#ff6262
. (When the page loads,
[
color=red
]
and
[
color=#ff0000
]
both show up as ff0000, but it gets quickly changed to ff6262 for some reason, perhaps to make it more readable.) Which are you using?

(Is that screenshot this same puzzle or a different one? If the latter, please share it after this one is solved.)
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Yeah, MafBlack does some color-correction for legibility purposes.
Segaco
Segaco
Townie
Segaco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:43 pm

Post by Segaco »

...Well, I believe that will be enough for me to accept defeat.
Honestly, at first I was pretty worried because I noticed only a day after I had posted the game that I had given the
outdated
version of the mystery. There are several typos in the story (like "unexistent" and me sometimes forgetting to put an s on words), and the final version destroys many of the possibilities suggested here (like mentioning there are no gaps under doors, the basement being searched, the kitchen being checked), and it also makes it more of a challenge to guess the culprits.
Here all you needed to do was confirm deaths, and based on the narration and that Yarn is innocent you would be left with three people being suspects. In the updated version you were left with 8 suspects, and needed to take an extra step after assuming Yarn is innocent to know Ryax and William did it.
Ah, what a shame.
...Well, let's continue with the story. It hasn't ended, after all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the three left examined the poor corpse of Jezz, they scratched their heads as they theorized how all of this happened.

Zeus
: "Hey, I've been thinking..."
Ryax
: "What is it? If it's a clue to find the bastard who did this, then say it!"
Zeus
: "...I think Jezz was right. Someone fought with Tech, so the culprit should have been damaged. Yet, none of us are wounded. And I'm certain whoever fought with either Fen or Luka got shot, but again, none of us are wounded."
Yarn
: "Well, yes... What are you trying to say?"
Zeus
: "...Someone may have faked their death, and one of us could be their accomplice."
Ryax
: "What are you saying?! Are you really trying to get us to doubt each other NOW?! A nineteenth person must have done this!"
Zeus
: "...To confirm a 19th person really exists, would you two mind going with me to every room to check if all the bodies are still in their respective place?"
Ryax
: "But the police has to investigate! We can't tamper with the scenes!"
Zeus
: "Don't worry, all we'll do is unlock the doors and peek into rooms to see if the bodies are there. We won't touch anything, so there's no problem at all. Let's go."

As Yarn nodded to Zeus' words and Zeus started heading to the door, the three heard a cough and a groan come from under the study's table. They stared at it for a few seconds, and then a person slowly crawled out!
This person was... William?!

Yarn
: "W-William?! Weren't you dead? What's with all those bruises and bumps in your face?! And that gun wound in your leg-"
Zeus
: "I was right! No nineteenth person exists! William is the culprit!!! And because of Ryax lying about him being dead, he must be his accomplice!!!!!"
Yarn
: "W-W-What...?! Ryax, please tell me this isn't true!"
Ryax
: "O-Of course it isn-"

Before anyone could react, William rushed at Zeus and snatched the last winchester from him. Being successful, he shot Zeus in the head with the weapon. He dropped lifelessly on the floor, right in front of Yarn.
Yarn stared at the body in horror and prepared to fight back... before realizing it was 2 v 1. Seeing they could easily kill her, she began to panic.

Yarn
: "N-Noo!! I don't want to die!! Someone help!!"

Yarn ran to the open window in an attempt to get out, but she noted it was still raining, and the rain made the window seal all slippery. If she tried to leave now, she would likely slip and fall to her death.
Sadly for her, before she could decide what to do, William ran to her and pushed her off the window. Yarn fell from the mansion, and from the tree, headfirst onto the ground.
...She died instantly.

Ryax
: "...I was actually planning to let her live and come with us..."
William
: "Too much trouble. Let's just sack this place."

The two searched the room thoroughly, and found many bags with gold bars inside of them!

Ryax
: "..."

Now having what they needed, the two headed to the first floor, and when William opened the exit's door to start going down the ladder... Ryax pushed him off, and William fell from the tree-mansion to the ground.
Just like Yarn, he died immediately upon crashing with the ground below.
Ryax grinned at the situation before him... but quickly got sad when he realized all he had done was probably for nothing. Not caring anymore and forgetting his initial plan, he started to go down the ladder, planning to get the bags with gold William had.
As he descended, Ryax thought that absolutely nothing could go wrong at this poi-
The ladder snapped, making Ryax lose hold of it. The only thing Ryax could do then was be in midair, waiting for his death while looking at the stormy clouds...

The following day, when the boat person saw no one was coming to shore, he decided to go check what had happened. After a long walk, he found the corpses of Ryax and William next to a broken ladder...

--------------------------------------

The whydunnit and howdunnit are here:

Spoiler:
Ryax convinced William in the night to go steal Xerxes' fortune together and keep it to themselves. William, seeing Xerxes had a legit private island, servants, and a mansion, in a tree no less, agreed to this since it was clear Xerxes did have money somewhere in his mansion. But, if they stole everything, everyone who had gone to the island would be suspected by the police, and that would be a pain, so they planned to just kill everyone, burn down the mansion to fake their deaths, and then leave the island via boat, bribing the one driving it with money to stay quiet about things.

William and Ryax first entered the servants' room and took the keys to the dining hall and kitchen. They then went over to the kitchen, took some knives, and used them to kill the six people in the dining hall, who were still chatting. Having done that, Ryax hid in the room and had William go sleep to his room. Ryax then locked the dining hall's doors from the inside, locked the kitchen door with the kitchen key, left both keys on the table, and hid under it.

Next day, while William pretended to search the Dining Hall, he made Ryax get out of his hiding spot, and then told everyone there was no one hiding in the room.

As for the second murders, when William split up with Orange, he went downstairs to the first floor, and the first thing he did was enter the servants' room to get the basement key. He quickly left before Zeus came with Ryax to investigate and entered the basement, where he killed both Flaming and Sarah with his knife. After finishing with the deed, he just left the basement, locked the door with the key, and left to where he was supposed to be investigating.
When everyone entered the basement to check the bodies, William dropped the key to the room next to the bodies. Ryax saw this and lied about the key being there when the door was opened.

In the third murder, William took one of the winchesters and left the parlor with Alex. On the second floor, he forced the doctor to enter William's room and stabbed him to death with his knife, dropping it next to him. He took out Alex's key from the corpse's pocket, dropped it next to it, left the room, and locked the door with his room key. William ran to Alex's room, locked the door from the inside, made a mess out of the room, threw down the closet to make it seem like a gun had been shot, laid on the floor, and put the key to William's room next to him.
When everyone arrived to the scene, Ryax lied about William being dead.

Fourth murder, William peeked through the keyhole and saw Orange go upstairs alone. He first went to get the knife he had used to kill Alex in William's room, and then went to Orange's room, finding Orange inside. He was quickly shot down by William. Seeing Orange had a winchester, he swapped his out-of-bullets winchester with Orange's charged one and quickly ran to the bathroom to hide, locking the door from the inside and waiting for an opportunity to arise.

While William was in the bathroom, Tech was kicked out of Fen's room. He felt like going to the bathroom so, after finding the door locked, he entered the servants' room, where he saw Luka and Zeus. Tech took the bathroom's key, and headed off to his destination. When he unlocked and opened the bathroom, he found William inside. William had no other choice but to kill him. The two fought, and Tech managed to snatch William's winchester away from him before William stabbed him four times in the chest.
Tech screamed once stabbed, and he got William out of the bathroom, got in, and locked the door from the inside, dropping the bathroom key in the process.
Meanwhile, William, now being a bit damaged, fearing people may come soon, and knowing Tech would die pretty quickly, he decided to hide in the study for the time being.
While investigating the bathroom, Ryax understood something had happened to William because of the condition of the body and decided to say that the winchester next to Tech had no bullets just in case.

For the sixth murders, William had waited for a bit in the study for people to investigate Tech's corpse and leave. While everyone was in the parlor, William headed to the bathroom and found it unlocked. He took the winchester back from Tech and then left, but found Luka and Fen outside in the hallway.
Since he didn't want to fight the two as he was already weak, he tried to kill both stealthily starting by cutting Luka's neck from behind. Sadly, Fen noticed him and shot him. Luckily he was just shot in the leg, so William shot back, hitting her heart.
Knowing he had messed up by making too much noice, he swapped his weapon with Luka's and entered the study. He stood there for a bit regaining energy and thinking of what to do, but to his luck, Jezz entered and locked the door from the inside.
William had no choice but to shoot her, and since it was likely someone would enter soon, he quickly planted the gun in Jezz's hand, opened the window and finally hid under the table. All so they would either think she killed herself or someone killed her and left.
It took them a while, but the people outside eventually broke down the study's door, and inside they found a dead Jezz. Ryax, of course, lied about no one hiding in the room.
And about Yarn's purple about Ryax being nice and such: Being nice and gentle does not mean you cannot kill.
Segaco
Segaco
Townie
Segaco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by Segaco »

Ah, and yes. I am using the mafblack theme too. Must be why.
Although I gave the outdated version of the story, I hope you guys had fun.
Thank you for playing, and do know I may put up another mystery soon!
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

...and then there was none.

but seriously, why does everyone die
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by 2 718281828459 »

Where did this whole thing even come from? Where is the "non-outdated" version? (I mean, I already know the answer now, but I still wonder what the structure was.)

(Zeus... seriously... should have just shot William or Ryax instantly if he had a working gun... no wonder Segaco said that the characters were kinda stupid...)

Yes, another mystery would be nice. Whether it takes place in the same mansion as this or not...

Jumble
: but seriously, why does everyone die
: NotAJumbleOfNumbers... where did
you
come from?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Segaco
Segaco
Townie
Segaco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by Segaco »

In post 67, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
...and then there was none.

but seriously, why does everyone die
Good question. Tradition, maybe?
2 718281828459 wrote:Where did this whole thing even come from? Where is the "non-outdated" version? (I mean, I already know the answer now, but I still wonder what the structure was.)
Hmm. The story came from my head (though the original rules came from umineko), and the final version is in a word document on my PC. I'll put it here in a spoiler tomorrow so you can see. I'm in bed with phone currently.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:32 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

(I thought I wrote this post but never did apparently...?)

So I found this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73920 but it is just plain confusing. Like, apparently some wizard is killing everyone, except that no such wizard exists and one of the 18 did it? And the people solving the mystery can die?

Yeah, the version in this thread was better. Although, I would like to just see (for comparison) what the "non-outdated" version looked like.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
Segaco
Segaco
Townie
Segaco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Segaco »

Ah sorry, it completely slipped my mind.
I copy pasted the thing here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yFh ... r78L0/edit
In post 70, 2 718281828459 wrote:(I thought I wrote this post but never did apparently...?)

So I found this viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73920 but it is just plain confusing. Like, apparently some wizard is killing everyone, except that no such wizard exists and one of the 18 did it? And the people solving the mystery can die?

Yeah, the version in this thread was better. Although, I would like to just see (for comparison) what the "non-outdated" version looked like.
That's another forum game. There, people move around the mansion and try to figure out how murders happen before the culprit kills everyone. Here, all the murders have already happened and you just have to figure out how things were done.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Hi people!

I followed along with this pretty closely, and almost jumped in a few times. In any event, I was inspired by it, and I made another one. Not a sequel, because the story is unrelated, but if you guys liked this I modeled the format very closely after it. (It is a bit longer, though, so be warned. I didn't realize how long it would be until I went to post it :P )
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:51 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

So what is the deal behind this:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=73920
Who did it?
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

Nah. I'm gone. Again.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”