Codenames (Game 65 in progress)

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2575 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:16 pm

Post by Pine »

Server, fork, pass

Yeah?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2576 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2575, Pine wrote:Server, fork, pass

Yeah?
Have you not heard of the great busboy revolution of the 1830's?

Where do you think the term "shitty as a busyboy revolution" comes from?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2577 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Nope, never have
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2576, Formerfish wrote:
In post 2575, Pine wrote:Server, fork, pass

Yeah?
Have you not heard of the great busboy revolution of the 1830's?

Where do you think the term "shitty as a busyboy revolution" comes from?
In post 2577, James Brafin wrote:Nope, never have
Well sit down and let me tell you about the time all the busboys across the country sat down and refused to scrape another plate until they got the same respect as chimney sweeps.

For too long people had held chimney sweepers in such high regard that the term "hung like a chimney sweeper" was born out of the amount of regard given to them. Busboys had felt the growing divide since the early 1810s when people started to have more and more chimneys installed in their houses. Before then the most any house would have was one, and that was if the family was well of. Most of the houses at this time still were warmed by wood stoves and therefor the life of a chimney sweep was a sparse one.

After the boom in chimneys on each house it wasnt uncommon for some of the more affluent to have fireplaces installed in each room. This caused the number of chimneys to rise over 250% over the last decade. This rose the rates and amount of business that each chimney sweep was doing.

Small operations started to grow until the few that were around in the beginning created almost a cabal that had 95% control of all the chimneys in the limits of the cities. The country was split into just 5 areas and each was ran by one company. They all colluded with each other to stay out of the others areas and they all joined together to squash any upstart companies who think they have the clout to make a dent in the areas held.

This all lasted for over 20 years, with the last 10 years being in control by the cabal, and took their leadership into the 1830's. You may be wondering what busboys have to do with chimney sweeps and why they were the ones to eventually dismantle the power structure carefully built by the cabal. The correlation comes here. When the number of chimneys increased the amount of work for chimney sweeps increased and allowed the lower and middle class people in those jobs before the boom to go to the next level of class in our society. Prior chimney sweeps and busboys were known as comrades in arms. With the boom the chimney sweeps felt like they had to leave their old lives behind and to adopt into the ways of the elites.

Where once friendships were the norm and members of both careers mingled with each other now only resentment sat. Busboys now not only dealt with the elites from normal means, now they were dealing with a new group of chimney millionaires. If you take into account for inflation the amount a entry level chimney sweep was making equals over 1.2 million dollars in todays economy. That was what the veterans were making late into their teens.

Busboys had finally had enough with the insults and the injuries given to them by those who once sat with them in the gruel lines. Singing for their suppers outside the bathhouses, sometimes never being seen again after going home with one of the more prominent members of the local governments with direct ties to cabal money.

It was in June of 1833, one of the hottest days on record. The chimney sweeps were indoors at noon on the 15th of that month because it was the hottest day of that month and the tar on roofs were melting so badly the sweepers shoes were being pulled right off their feet. In every restaurant across the country chimney sweepers were sat at tables, drinking glasses of cold water. The action that broke the camels back was when after hours of sitting there waiting for the heat to break the sweepers drank glass, after glass, after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass,after glass of water and refused each and every servers attempt to just fill glasses they already had from a pitcher.

Each sweeper demanded a new glass every time their glass was emptied.

Busboys sprang into action and started to rotate dirty glasses into the sink, washed them, ran them out to the servers, cleared empty glasses off tables to start the process all over again. They did their jobs stoically, not saying a disparaging word to a single one of their new masters.

It wasn't until the rains came, and the heat broke that the sweepers stood up, and made their way outside to get back to work now that the tar would have hardened again. Since all they had ordered were glasses of water none of them had a bill. The servers had been taking care of them for over 3 hours waiting on the weather to change. The busboys made their money from the benevolence of the servers, which was something the sweepers in power had done on purpose to try and subjugate their former equals to even more harsh degrees.

When the servers saw that not one sweeper had left even pocket change on their tables as they left, they apologized to the busboys and said that all the work that they had done over the last 3 hours constantly moving and washing glasses was just to make nothing from people who are so obviously able to improve the lives of others but made a choice not only to not help, but to make exponentially more difficult.

The busboys had finally had enough. They put down their towels, and took off their aprons and took to the streets. Ladders were confiscated from sides of any building they weren't attached to. Sweepers were stranded on roofs with no safe way to get down, many gave their lives that day.

Once the sweepers became away of the danger they were in they armed themselves with brooms and a chipper attitude. They were no match for the busboys though. The sweepers couldn't run due to their black lung and most were quickly overtaken by the busboys who actually had been keeping in decent shape with all the constant bending and lifting of weights possibly in excess of 25lbs as a repetitive motion. Chimneys were toppled, sweepers strung up and hung en masse in local makeshift gallows, the cabal had been toppled. After years of tyrannical rule the former foes were equals again.

Busboys made their way back to their aprons and picked up their towels and started to wipe tables down like nothing had been out of the ordinary that day. Chimney sweeping as a viable career was left to stories like Mary Poppins.

It became known as the "shittiest revolution" because one of the lesser known responsibilities of busboys is to unclog toilets and everyone knows that as cheap as chimney sweepers are they eat a lot of fast food and destroy bathrooms.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Pine »

What in the actual fuck

Did you write that on the spot?!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Yeah, stream of consciousness
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Im flirting with the mom of one of my kids classmates through text, watching the debate, smokeing a bowl and making shit up.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by Pine »

That was great!

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Wow, that was freaking incredible.
I actually bought that for a second
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2582, Pine wrote:That was great!
Like one of those moments... umm.. like the smokeless tobacco, or that expensive liquor... i forget the word for it.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2583, James Brafin wrote:Wow, that was freaking incredible.
Dude, i did that for you to play along with, be in awe of my deep knowledge of counterrevolutionairies born out of restautant drama.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Post by James Brafin »

In post 2585, Formerfish wrote:
In post 2583, James Brafin wrote:Wow, that was freaking incredible.
Dude, i did that for you to play along with, be in awe of my deep knowledge of counterrevolutionairies born out of restautant drama.
I am
I am totally in awe
You deserve an award for that
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by James Brafin »

You have so much knowledge, I am very impressed.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2587, James Brafin wrote:You have so much knowledge, I am very impressed.
Itd be a shame if the
chartreuse
team didnt pick revolution... is all im saying.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2586, James Brafin wrote:You deserve an award for that
My acceptance speech would be EPIC!

EPIC!
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Felissan »

Blue field operatives are (expired on 2019-09-14 23:59:51) away from a prod.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:39 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 2590, Felissan wrote:Blue field operatives are (expired on 2019-09-14 23:59:51) away from a prod.
They were shook by my revolution reveal.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:27 pm

Post by Pine »

Server, Fork

Pass

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Ding! Ding!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Viva la revolution!
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Felissan »

SPELLNOTECELLREVOLUTIONEUROPE
MOLECANADATAILBUGLEBEAR
CONCERT
FORK
ICE CREAMLABTRIANGLE
CROSSBEACHLOCKHORSETRAIN
SERVER
EGYPTWHALEAFRICAFENCE

TeamSpymasterField operatives
Blue team
Haschel CedricsonPine, the worst, Not Known 15
Red team
StrangerCougJames Brafin, Formerfish, Charles510

Red's turn.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:56 am

Post by James Brafin »

LET'S GO BOYS
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:57 am

Post by Formerfish »

Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

MUSIC: 4
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by James Brafin »

Concert, bugle, triangle, whale, in that order

Return to “The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash”