Monster of the Week 1-Shot

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:10 pm

ah i didn't realize that there was a set list of questions. i'll ask again then

What's the biggest threat?

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #26  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:33 pm

In post 25, skitter30 wrote:ah i didn't realize that there was a set list of questions. i'll ask again then

No worries! That’s what the tutorial is for! Update to come in the morning

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #27  (ISO)  » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:25 am

tutorial pt. 5
Spoiler:
In post 25, skitter30 wrote:What's the biggest threat?

As Sasha moves into her solo - she seems not to have noticed anything above you - you step away from her and out of the spotlight, to let your eyes adjust to the darkness.

You can now see the two men above you clearly, struggling to hold onto a lighting rig that is no longer attached to the ceiling. Before you have time to process how grateful you are that they saved your life, you notice the next lighting rig over, the one above Sasha, is also loose.

As you realize this, you notice the music is swelling toward your solo. As strange as it sounds now, you think back to multiple occasions where your singing voice had caused seemingly miraculous things to happen. You have a decision to make: save Sasha or sing.


Spoiler: A choice
Usually I won’t make your choices so binary, but I wanted y’all to have one more roll and I thought I’d let you pick which roll you’ll make. You can:
Roll +Tough to Protect Someone
or
Roll +Weird to Use Magic
(your singing voice)

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #28  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 pm

we're -1 tough and +1 weird so we're >50% likely to fail trying to protect her hands on. I know it sounds a little odd but it's a binary choice and plot is plot so let's try some magical singing shit!!!

I'll sing!
Original Roll String: 1d2+1
1 2-Sided Dice: (1)+1 = 2


Sure I don't want anyone to die but I never liked Sasha that much :twisted:
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
marathon weekend open group | discord server | join these, it'll be fun, i promise

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #29  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 pm

......lololol
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
marathon weekend open group | discord server | join these, it'll be fun, i promise

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #30  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:50 pm

Original Roll String: 2d6+1
2 6-Sided Dice: (6, 1)+1 = 8
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
marathon weekend open group | discord server | join these, it'll be fun, i promise

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #31  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:13 pm

tutorial finale
Spoiler: roll results
Like with rolling for information, rolling to Do Magic requires you to pick the results of your attempt to magic from a list. On a 7-9, you’re also required to pick a glitch, which the Keeper interprets into the story. For the sake of wrapping up this tutorial, I’ll be picking these for you.

Magic effect: “Do one thing that is beyond human limitations.”
Glitch: “It has a problematic side effect.”

The music shifts mood, and changes keys, and your duet with Sasha begins. You sing your heart out. It’s better than you’ve ever sung: beautiful, unnatural.

You step toward the spotlight, the old wooden stage creaking just a bit beneath your nude ballet flats. You take another step toward Sasha, and toward the lights, your attention always on everything above you, even as you try to put on a good show.

You take another step, but this time your foot doesn’t touch wood. You try to take another step, but you realize neither of your feet are touching the ground. You’re floating upwards, over Sasha’s head. The air around you is lifting you higher, as your voice continues with a strength it has never known. The song lifts you to the lights just in time – you catch the broken lights just before they fall on Sasha. Your husband and Miguel look stunned to see you next to them, though they quickly come to help you.

The three of you bring the lights backstage as Sasha finishes the song without you. It settles in that your voice just saved Sasha’s life. Miguel has the same thought, obviously, as he turns to you to ask how you did it.

You open your mouth to respond, but no sound comes out. Try as you might, you can’t seem to make any sound, and somehow you know: your voice… it’s just gone.

A few minutes later, your husband moves onto the stage to cancel the show, while you silently weep backstage.


Spoiler: A few more rules
There’s only a couple things I didn’t get to in this tutorial. Those are:

Harm: Harm is your (or your enemies’) health bar, basically. You can take up to three harm before you become “unstable”, at which point you start taking harm over time. If you ever have 7 harm, you die. You can try to stabilize each other when unstable, or work to heal harm, but only if it makes sense in the fiction – enemies won’t stop attacking because you want to “take a turn healing”. Whenever you rest for a little while, you heal one harm. Whenever you rest for more than a day, you reset to 0 harm.

Protip: Monsters are dangerous. If you face them alone & without a plan, you will probably die.

Luck: In this one-shot, you’ll have two points of luck to spend (it’s extremely rare that you would ever gain a point of luck, so these are limited). You can spend a Luck to either:
-Reduce the harm you just took to 0
-Retroactively change the roll you just rolled to a 12
If you ever run out of luck, Your Keeper will remove all kid gloves when it comes to your character.

Weapons and Tags: Your weapons have tags. Some tags like “loud” or “messy” describe what happens if you use it. Others like “intimate” or “far” describe their range of use. Others like “1-harm magic” or “2-harm ignore armour” describe how much harm they cause, and what kind. These should be straightforward, but feel free to ask about them, or ask for a full list of them.

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #32  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:20 pm

@Brass, be sure to check out your character sheet in .

Soundtrack: Crazy by Gnarls Barkley

Dear Alec,

You’re not crazy. Forget what your parents say, forget what the college therapist said, you’re not making this up. Dangerous monsters exist; they’re real and coming for Ashdale, and if no one else believes, then you’ll have to stop them yourself.

It started when you were on that camping trip with your family last year. You saw something unnatural, you know you did. Your parents didn’t believe you, your friends laughed it off when you brought up, and the cops told you to stop wasting their time (you heard one jerk detective mutter something about “that unstable male” as you walked out the door - ughh, you hate when people use “male” like a noun).

Knowing no one would believe you, you decided to search for this unnatural thing yourself. Of course, you didn’t want to go unprepared. How did you get ready for this dangerous solo adventure, again? Choose one:

-You worked out and practiced using throwing knives to defend yourself: +1 Tough & gain Throwing Knives (1-harm close many)
-You studied up on the strange creatures you might find and practiced a unique way to kill them - beheading: +1 Weird & gain guitar-string Garrote (3-harm intimate)

You finally went back to the woods last month, and you found what you were looking for. A werewolf!

Roll +Weird to see how your first encounter with the supernatural went.

On a 7-9, pick 1 of the following to be true. On a 10+, both:
-The werewolf was friendly
-You learned something important about where the supernatural creatures come from

On a miss, still pick one, but something evil was watching you…

Only three people believe you: Your younger brother Corey (he saw it too, on that camping trip), his weird goth friend Gabbie (whose house might be haunted? or something), and your ex-boyfriend Diego (it’s… complicated, you’ll have to ask him).

Now Corey and Gabbie are telling you about this missing person from the Sundown Theatre, and they want you to drive them to Pins-Up Bar and Bowling Alley to ask around about it. On the one hand, you don’t want even more people thinking you’re crazy. You also don’t want to endanger your brother. But on the other hand, Corey’s practically an adult. And for once, it’s nice to be believed…

As your car pulls into the Pins-Up lot, you see none other than Diego Perez parking his motorcycle. When he heard you three were looking into this, he insisted on joining. You didn’t know how to say no, given what he’s been through. Hopefully this won’t be too awkward. After all, you can’t get distracted; lives are at stake.

Sincerely,
Your Keeper

brassherald
,Esq.
 
User avatar
Joined: December 21, 2017
Location: New York
Pronoun: He

Post Post #33  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:49 pm

I got scared and decided to read up on these monsters, since knowledge is power. (should I add that to my sheet?)

Rolling +weird
Original Roll String: 2d6+1
2 6-Sided Dice: (6, 3)+1 = 10

I learned something important about where the supernatural creatures come from if it's a miss.
A conjurer of cheap trick
Only playing mafia in hydras right now, PM me if you want to pair up

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #34  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:39 am

In post 33, brassherald wrote:I got scared and decided to read up on these monsters, since knowledge is power. (should I add that to my sheet?)

Rolling +weird
Original Roll String: 2d6+1 (STATIC)
2 6-Sided Dice: (6, 3)+1 = 10

I learned something important about where the supernatural creatures come from if it's a miss.

Yeah, go ahead and add the stat change and new weapon to your sheet! I wanted y’all to be able to use the sheets that way.

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #35  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:54 am

In post 33, brassherald wrote:I got scared and decided to read up on these monsters, since knowledge is power. (should I add that to my sheet?)

Rolling +weird
Original Roll String: 2d6+1 (STATIC)
2 6-Sided Dice: (6, 3)+1 = 10

I learned something important about where the supernatural creatures come from if it's a miss.

"On a 10+, both"Your venture into the woods alone was perhaps misguided, you thought, after the sun had started to set and you had almost gotten lost among the pines twice. But that was when he suddenly appeared - the werewolf. You didn’t know he was a werewolf at first, but there was certainly something unusual about him from the start.

He introduced himself: “Samuel Hayes.” Out of the corner of your eye, you thought you saw fangs, but when you looked directly at his teeth, they were normal. Everything about him seemed wild, dangerous, but never the thing you were looking directly at. Uncanny.

He asked what brought you this deep into the woods, and you got to talking. You explained your story, your suspicions, your curiosity. He was in turn surprisingly open, and talked quickly. He straight out told you he was a werewolf. He used to be normal guy from Centralia, Pennsylvania, a nearby town. But everything changed after the Centralia Mine Fire. He was no longer fully human. He turned into a wolf every full moon, and he was learning to do it at will.

You marveled at his honesty, and at the strangeness of his story. You had so many questions, but before you could speak, he pointed behind you. You turned to look, and saw the full moon peeking over the horizon. You turned back, and all you saw was a gray tail disappearing behind a tree. He was gone.

You’re. So. Not. Crazy.
Right?
Last edited by Irrelephant11 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #36  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:59 am

@tw, be sure to check out your character sheet in post .

Soundtrack: Maybe IDK by Jon Bellion

Dear Corey,

Senior year is weird. You thought it would be cool being among the oldest in school, but apparently cool kids stay cool and nerds like you still don’t rule the school or whatever. Not that that’s the most important thing right now, since uh, your best friend Gabbie can maybe do magic or something??

You and Gabbie are unlikely friends. You’re among the top of the class, she doesn’t do homework ever; you’re a goody-two-shoes, she follows rules when she feels like it; even the way you two dress has nothing in common (does she own anything other than black?). But you’re both smart, and have the same sense of dry humor, and you’ve been best friends ever since your mutual friend Sam didn’t come back after freshman year, and you were the only two who missed him.

What’s something else you’ve bonded over? Choose one:

-You’ve shared all the same bullies: -1 Tough & gain the Move “Always the Victim”
Spoiler: Always the Victim
When another hunter uses Protect Someone to protect you, they mark experience. Whenever a monster captures you, you mark experience.


-You’re both clumsy and bad at sports: -1 Cool & gain the Move “Oops!”
Spoiler: Oops!
If you want to stumble across something important, tell the Keeper. You will find something important and useful, although not necessarily related to your immediate problems.[/b]
(for either choice, these changes only apply to you, not to Gabbie)


You told Gabbie about the creepy thing you saw in the woods, and of course she believed you (she’s a good friend). But it’s only recently that she’s been telling you a much weirder story.

When she first said her house was haunted, you made plans to stay over for the weekend. She said she could hear voices as soon as the sun went down. For most of the night, she said she was seeing and hearing things you didn’t experience at all. For awhile, Gabbie sat and chatted with a ghost you could not see. But at one point you had your eyes closed and heard a voice that wasn’t yours or Gabbie’s. At the volume of a whisper, you heard, “Help her”. At that point, you looked up, and Gabbie was hardly breathing. Her eyes were glowing and she looked… almost trapped?

Roll +Cool to see what you did next:

On a 10+, you helped Gabbie snap out of it - describe how you did it. Also, Gabbie gets a +1 on her Mystery Letter roll.

On a 7-9, same as above, but at a cost to you both (keeper’s choice). Or, you don’t help snap Gabbie out of it, and watch her struggle on her own - up to you.

On a miss, your failed attempts to help Gabbie angers the ghost. Be prepared for present and future backlash.

When Gabbie is back to normal, she says the ghost left, and that she now knows some things about a missing person in town. Something about the Sundown Theatre, and needing to go to Pins-Up. You’re glad to have your friend back to normal (she’s... acting normal, right?), and her house rid of ghosts. And you know your brother will help - he’s super into the freaky stuff going on lately. Hopefully together you’ll be able to face whatever comes.

Sincerely,
Your Keeper

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #37  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:14 pm

In post 36, Irrelephant11 wrote:-You’re both clumsy and bad at sports: -1 Cool & gain the Move “Oops!”
Spoiler: Oops!
If you want to stumble across something important, tell the Keeper. You will find something important and useful, although not necessarily related to your immediate problems.

I'll take this one. :)

Original Roll String: 2d6
2 6-Sided Dice: (6, 4) = 10
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
marathon weekend open group | discord server | join these, it'll be fun, i promise

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #38  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:16 pm

:cool:

okay with deft ninja skills I'll put down the cup of coffee I was drinking, help Gabbie into a leaning/lying down position where she's comfortable and not going to freak out when she comes to. Then I'll start talking and telling funny stories and jokes and things, hoping it acts as an anchor back to reality.
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
marathon weekend open group | discord server | join these, it'll be fun, i promise

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #39  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:30 am

In post 37, the worst wrote:
In post 36, Irrelephant11 wrote:-You’re both clumsy and bad at sports: -1 Cool & gain the Move “Oops!”
Spoiler: Oops!
If you want to stumble across something important, tell the Keeper. You will find something important and useful, although not necessarily related to your immediate problems.

I'll take this one. :)

Great! I’ll add it to your character sheet, but feel free to edit your own character sheet in the future!
In post 38, the worst wrote::cool:

okay with deft ninja skills I'll put down the cup of coffee I was drinking, help Gabbie into a leaning/lying down position where she's comfortable and not going to freak out when she comes to. Then I'll start talking and telling funny stories and jokes and things, hoping it acts as an anchor back to reality.

Cool! This is exactly what happens, and Gabbie gets a +1 on her Mystery Letter roll (coming soon).

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #40  (ISO)  » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:21 pm

@randomidget, be sure to check out your character sheet in .


Soundtrack: Nocturne by Blanco White

Dear Diego,

It’s been 10 months since your mother died. She was the only one left at home after your dad died four years ago, so now you live alone. At first, the grief was overwhelming. Amid your depression, you broke up with your boyfriend Alec.

They say the five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. You’re pretty sure you’ve made it through all five – you’re definitely in a healthier place than you were months ago. They just forgot to mention the sixth step, where you are now: revenge.

You didn’t know your mother had been murdered by a werewolf, not at first. Police said it was an unfortunate hiking accident, and she’d been mauled by a rabid coyote. At the funeral, your mom’s coworkers from the hospital were very sad, and had an annoying amount of pity for you. What you didn’t understand, though, was why you were the only one who was suspicious. Who had ever heard of a coyote accident in Ashdale?

A couple weeks later, you decided to investigate the hiking trail where she died.

Who did you take as your traveling companion? Choose one:

-Corey. Though you haven’t spent much time with Alec since breaking up, Corey has long felt like your younger brother, too, and he’s up for anything. You told him you just wanted to walk the path in memory of your mom. The two of you chatted endlessly – what did you talk about? +1 Charm

-Gabbie, your step-cousin (your mom’s sister is her step-mom). Gabbie and Aunt Clara were two of the few people at the funeral who didn’t treat you with kid gloves just because you’re an orphan now. You didn’t explain why you wanted to go, and you mostly walked in silence. +1 Weird

You stopped when you reached the place your mother was found. That’s when you found the half-paw-half-footprint, the one that changed everything. Suddenly, someone else walked up the trail. Roll +Charm to see what happened next:
On a 10+, choose 1. On a 7-9, choose 2. On a miss, all three.

-Your presence here looked suspicious to them
-They’re a person of authority in Ashdale
-They saw the footprint too

When they left, you told your traveling companion about the footprint, and they in turn told you about Alec’s obsession with monsters. As you head home, you texted Alec about it. You agreed something strange was going on in Ashdale. After that, though, you didn’t talk about it much. After some research, though, and another examination of that spot in the woods, you’re certain your mom was killed by a werewolf.

A few months later, Gabbie texts you to meet her, Corey, and Alec at Pins-Up. Something about a ghost and a missing person. It might seem dangerous to take Gabbie, Corey, and Alec searching for these evil beasts, but if they’re going looking anyway, you’d better make sure you’re there to save their asses. You’ll do whatever it takes to stop these abominations from ever hurting anyone you love again.

Your Keeper

randomidget
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: February 08, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #41  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:23 pm

I'll take Gabbie with me. Could do with family on this one.
Original Roll String: 2d6
2 6-Sided Dice: (4, 6) = 10
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

randomidget
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: February 08, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #42  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm

I'll take person of authority
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #43  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:25 pm

"They’re a person of authority in Ashdale"While you were staring at the strange print in the dirt, trying to wrap your head around it, Jackie Decker, the "Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital" (everyone just calls it the GSA Hospital) Director of Nursing, ran up the path from the opposite direction with her big golden retriever. She was dressed in fashionable athletic gear, and had earbuds in, her long blonde ponytail bobbing behind her as she ran. Jackie was your mom's boss and one of her closest friends.

She started when she saw you, and pulled out one headphone. "Oh, ummm Diego, hi. Heel, Charlie." The dog sits.
"Hi, Dr. Decker," is all you said.
"I've been meaning to stop by or call or... Um, how are you, Diego? And.. Gabriella, is it?"
"We're fine," you said. She clearly felt awkward. You chose to look especially glum.

As she stopped to catch her breath, it seemed to dawn on her all at once where you three were standing, and her expression fell.

"Diego, I didn't get a chance to say before... If you ever need anything, you know you can always come to me and Greg, right? We loved your mom so much, and if there's ever anything we can do... Just, feel free to stop by the hospital sometime, or even just message us online. You know, you're not alone."
"I know," you said.

You stood in awkward silence while both thinking of what to say. Eventually, you settled for "Thanks, Dr. Decker."

She nodded, and slowly put her ear bud back in while looking around sadly. "Come on, Charlie!" And they left.

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #44  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:37 pm

skitter, be sure to check out your character sheet in

Soundtrack: Leave the Light On by Overcoats

Dear Gabbie,

Life is strange. Like, bizarre.

You’ve never considered yourself into magic, or Wicca, or anything like that. Sometimes people assume you are because you like to wear all black and keep to yourself, but you’ve never had interest in anything like this: this weird set of, um… superpowers? that you’ve started to develop.

It started a little less than a year ago. The first time it happened, it was with your gym teacher. You hate going to gym class, and one morning you were dreading the idea of whatever physical activity you’d have to do that day. That dread started to sort of… solidify.

What happened next? Choose one:

-You implanted a thought in your gym teacher’s brain – “We should take today off and relax” – and you knew you had done it because he said those very words out loud: +1 Charm, -1 Tough, and gain the Move Telepathy.

Spoiler: Telepathy
You can read people’s thoughts and put words in their mind. This can allow you to investigate a mystery or read a bad situation without needing to actually talk. You can also manipulate someone without speaking. You still roll moves as normal, except people will not expect the weirdness of your mental communication.

-Your gym teacher didn’t come to class that day… Apparently he’d gotten a terrible cold and gone home. You’d been saying “please get sick and go home” to yourself all day: +1 Tough, -1 Charm and gain the move Hex.

Spoiler: Hex
Hex: When you cast a spell (with Use Magic), as well as the usual list of magic effects, you may pick from the following:
-The target contracts a disease.
-The target immediately suffers harm ([i]2-harm magic ignore-armour).
-The target breaks something precious or important.

As you’ve learned to control your powers, you’ve discovered you can do lots of things outside the realm of normal possibility. All it takes is some focus – and repeating what you want to happen out loud helps a lot. The mood swings, paranoia, and hallucinations that come with it are, uh, more than worth it, right?

Meanwhile, the other strange thing going on is that your house has a ghost! You’ve lived in your house awhile, and the ghost is new… or maybe the ghost has been there awhile and your ability to see it is new, you’re not sure. You decide to invite Corey over to show him.

The two of you sat down in your room, and the next thing you know, you’re talking to the ghost! She seems to have a lot to say about something dangerous coming for Ashdale. She says that the theatre director went missing during a recent show at the Sundown Theatre, and that there’s an evil monster behind it. She doesn’t know everything about it, but she’s so relieved to be able to talk to someone living about it, because she doesn’t want Ashdale to remain unaware of this danger.

Roll +Sharp (for you, this is a +0, but remember to use the +1 that Corey earned for you!) to find out what you asked her. On a 10+ hold 2. On a 7-9, hold one. On a miss, hold one, but your Dark Side will come into play. Spend your hold to choose from these questions for the Keeper:
-What exactly happened at the theatre?
-What sort of creature is it?
-What can the creature do?
-Where did the creature go?
-Where’s the missing person?
-Are there any other dangers I need to know about?

She also tells you that Figgy, a bartender at the Pins Up Bar and Bowling Alley, will know more.

After talking to the ghost, things go a bit foggy. You wake up horizontal in bed, with Corey seated across the room telling stories. You get up quickly and tell him you need to get moving – you’ll tell him about it on the way! You ask him to text Alec to drive you both to Pins Up. Meanwhile, you text Diego to meet you both there. He’s going to want to know about this – you just spoke to his dead mom!

Your Keeper

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #45  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 pm

i take telepathy

Original Roll String: 2d6+1
2 6-Sided Dice: (3, 2)+1 = 6

skitter30
Best Performance: Mafia
Best Performance: Mafia
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #46  (ISO)  » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:13 pm

welp

and i ask: what sort of creature is it?

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #47  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 am

rolling a 6-You gain one experience ♠!
"What sort of creature is it?"You ask your Aunt Pamela what kind of creature you should be looking for.

"Well, I was actually at the theatre the other night when the director went missing. The police searched the building, but didn't find anything inside. But they forgot to search the roof. When I went up there, I saw a pile of dead scales - the kind that fall off snakes, only this snake must have been huge! Or else there's more than one? It was hard to figure out without being able to touch anything. You know, being a ghost..."

"your dark side comes into play"On your way to Pins Up, you start wondering about that foggy period after you spoke to Diego's dead mom, and what Corey was doing that whole time. He said he just barely heard a voice to "help you", but didn't see any ghost... That seems weird, since the only ghost you saw in the room was just the one. He's been real weird about this whole ghost thing, come to think of it.
Accuse Corey of hiding something from you while you're at Pins Up or else lose access to your powers until you do.


Spoiler: ooc
I added the experience point and telepathy move to your character sheet
Last edited by Irrelephant11 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irrelephant11
COTM 2018 Winner
 
User avatar
Joined: April 09, 2018
Location: They hadn't become unseeing and unfeeling
Pronoun: He

Post Post #48  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 am

The four of you are standing outside of Pins-Up Bowling Alley and Bar. It's a Saturday night, so the parking lot is full and you're sure the bar is too. The sun has been gone for a couple hours, and star- and moonlight give a haunting glow over Ashdale.

What do you do?

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #49  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:33 pm

i'm gonna watch the stars for a bit~
while i wait for my friends to exist
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
marathon weekend open group | discord server | join these, it'll be fun, i promise

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash