Roll To Dodge - I'm Bad At Titles [8*/12]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Roll To Dodge - I'm Bad At Titles [8*/12]

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Korina »

Roll To Dodge - I'm Bad At Titles

A dumb RPG ran by Korina

General Game Rules
  1. Obey all site-wide rules.
  2. Don't say/do anything that would get you site-banned.
  3. While we're not all humans, please do treat the non-humans like a human, ok?
  4. Do not ever use
    this color
    nor
    this color
    nor
    this color
    nor
    this color
    . These are my colors, and I will use them frequently.
  5. Keep others in mind when you are submitting your actions. Try to avoid actions that'd ruin the fun of the game for you/others.
  6. Please refrain from editing your posts. If you must edit your post, please put what exactly you did at the bottom.
  7. If any dice posts are edited for whatever reason, you may request a re-roll. Said re-roll will invalidate the roll prior and its result, and you will take whatever the new result is, regardless of if it would be lower than the previous one. Additionally, once per IRL week, players may request a single re-roll.
  8. Follow the spirit of the rules; if you think something is against the rules, it probably is.
  9. I reserve the right to update these rules as I see fit.

Special Game Rules
  1. You may
    not
    message any other player in this game about this game, unless you have explicit permission from me. There are certain mechanics that I may use that rely heavily on this rule.
  2. Anything said in a PT regarding this game stays within that PT unless you have explicit permission to say it outside of that PT.

Combat Rules
  1. At the beginning of combat, all in combat will roll 1d20 to determine turn order. The highest number goes first.
  2. Combat only ends once all members of one side are defeated/unable to continue battling.
  3. A character is only considered dead if their HP reaches 0.

IntroductionI ran a Roll to Dodge, (RtD), a while ago that I then abandoned. I also haven't seen any being ran recently, and I've just been in the mood to actually run one again.

The basic premise of the game is very simple:
- You tell me an action in thread.
- I roll a six-sided die, (1d6), or maybe a larger die, depending on factors.
- I give you the result of your action.
- Repeat.

There is no restriction as to who can join; everyone is welcomed! However, if you don't post an action within a week, you'll be considered inactive, and I'll message you about it. If you don't post a week after that, you'll be considered retired, and you'll have to make a new character in order to join the game, unless you can think of some really cool reason why your character comes out of retirement.

If you want to join, please reply as so:

Code: Select all

/in with [Character Name] the [Character Race/Species] [Character Class]

(Character class shouldn't really affect anything that much, but merely exists just to give it a bit more of a RPG feel)

DisclaimerSo, I wanted to quickly bring this up: This game will have a very loose storyline and very loose RPG mechanics. Most of the "plot" of the game will be made as I type the replies to your actions. While I do have a rough storyline I would kinda like to use, I will not force it on anyone. This game is about doing whatever the hell you want, and rolling to see if you can do it. If I wanted to force people to play a storyline, I'd design my own system for it. If you decide to try to hunt down the storyline and see where it leads you, great. If not, great. It really doesn't matter to me.

Additionally, this game will be extremely stupid and not use any sort of logic to dictate actions. You are allowed to be as stupid as you want in your actions, because I will be as equally stupid in replying.

Game Master DisclaimerI will attempt to be a fair Game Master, (GM), for as long as this game runs, under the expectation that you, the player, will attempt to play fairly as well. I am fine with potentially game-breaking actions (or game-breaking actions), so long as they are infrequent. Once every few days is fine to submit a potentially game-breaking, (or outright game-breaking), action. Please do not abuse this trust either.

As for combat, I will actively attempt to avoid killing characters at all costs. However, if you are actively attempting to kill your character, I am no longer bound to avoid killing your character.
Last edited by Korina on Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 22 times in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Korina »

Game State
Hope Has Been Sacrificed. Termination Process Delayed Further.

Current Story Quests
  • Find Fate Village.

Active Player List1. Ircher the Human Wizard - Idle | Rerolls: 0; (expired on 2019-07-02 17:20:00)
2. Iconeum the Undead Warrior - Idle | Rerolls: 1; [ERROR FINDING COUNTDOWN]
3. Felissan the Fairy Summoner - Idle | Rerolls: 1; [ERROR FINDING COUNTDOWN]
4. Cheery Dog the Troll Archer - Idle | Rerolls: 1; [ERROR FINDING COUNTDOWN]
5. James Brafin the Orc Barbarian - Idle | Rerolls: 1; [ERROR FINDING COUNTDOWN]
6. the worst the Duck Rogue - Idle | Rerolls: 1; [ERROR FINDING COUNTDOWN]
7. Mist (Chemist1422) the Human Adventurer - Idle | Rerolls: 1; [ERROR FINDING COUNTDOWN]
8. Nix (Sushi Martyr) the Half-Oni Pugilist - Idle | Rerolls: 1; [ERROR FINDING COUNTDOWN]

Inactive Player List1. NMSA the Human Tinker - Idle | Retires in (expired on 2019-07-07 01:00:00)

Retired Player List1.

Glossary Of Terms
  1. Terminal
    - A Terminal is a special item that you may randomly stumble upon. Using it puts you into Terminal Hack.
  2. Terminal Hack
    - A special player-state only achieved by using a Terminal. Completing whatever the Terminal Hack has you do will grant you some reward.
  3. Overdrive
    - A rare state of the game that is triggered [REDACTED]. During Overdrive, [REDACTED].
Last edited by Korina on Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 31 times in total.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Korina »

Important LinksMod PT | Character Sheets | Readme.txt | Terminal Hack 1 PT

Important/Notable EventsIrcher joins | Iconeum joins | The Game Begins | Felissan joins | NSMA joins | New Rule (7) Added

The Story So FarA guy stood at the foot of a computer, got Ircher and Iconeum's names out of it, then sent a message that Ircher and Iconeum then found at their feet. They also woke up in a dark room with a window and a door. They went exploring, Iconeum found a person named Hope and a dog named Hope. The person later revealed that they were the one who sent the message, and revealed that The Termination Process is the end of the world, and they need to stop it. Hope then was sacrificed in order to slow it down.
Last edited by Korina on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:41 am, edited 16 times in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am

Post by Korina »

Shitty, MS Paint Map of the WorldImage
Last edited by Korina on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Ircher »

/in Ircher the Human Wizard
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Iconeum »

I clicked the Readme.txt

Now I am forced to join this game to get back at the mod.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Iconeum »

/in Iconeum the Undead Warrior
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Korina »

Good... Good... Let the hate flow through you Anakin!
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by Korina »

I will start the game within an hour. I just need to write out an opening post.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Korina »

Beginning Termination Process
Beep... Beep... Beep... Booooop…
"The required number of users has been detected. Beginning termination process..." a cold, lifeless voice monotonically echoed. It wasn't speaking to anyone in particular; it just said the words out loud like it was programmed to do so many years ago. Standing at the foot of the behemoth of a machine, a hooded figure intently stared at the screen, shrouded by darkness. Jumbles of letters and numbers rapidly scrolled across the dim screen. The figure muttered to himself as he beheld the computer still working after all of these years. It could carry out his instructions still; that was all he cared about.

After a brief moment of hesitation, the figure quickly typing out a set of instructions. The screen cleared in reaction to what he told it, and after a few seconds it displayed what little information it could gather on the two users who had connected, triggering its failsafe. Nothing more than a name, a race and a class was displayed, revealing to the figure the words "Ircher; Human Wizard" and "Iconeum; Undead Warrior". He softly groaned as he began typing once more. The lack of information didn't matter to him, he knew everything he really needed to know. Everything else was irrelevant to him as he hastily typed out one last message.

"If you are reading this message, it means there is still hope. You just need to find it."

Awakening
You both wake up in a dark room. You don't remember how you got there, just that you are there. Now that you think about it, you really don't remember anything past your name, what race you are, and a class. Almost like this is some sort of RPG... There's a door and window in the dark room, yet neither appears to radiate any light from whatever lies beyond it. Laying at your feet is a small sheet of paper with the words "If you are reading this message, it means there is still hope. You just need to find it," hastily scratched onto it in a messy scrawl. What do you do?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Search for hope
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Post by Korina »

Iconeum
Action:
Search for hope

Roll:

Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (4) = 4
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Iconeum »

HAHAHAHHAHA
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Post by Iconeum »

gg
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Korina »

Iconeum
Result:
You search for hope, whatever that might be. You just woke up in a room with no memory of anything, but you had a note saying you have to find hope, and you'll be good. The note was pretty cryptic, but it had to have
some
truth to it right? They wouldn't lie to you on a cryptic note, right? Right? So, you set off on a mission to find hope within the room alone. You were actually so good at that, you found many things that relate to hope, but you're not sure if any of them were what you were actually looking for... However, you discovered: A person named Hope, a dog named Hope that belongs to the person named Hope, a dictionary page for the definition of hope, and several different religious books, all of which are in Latin for some strange reason.

Added to inventory: Hope (Person), Hope (Dog), Hope (Dictionary Page), Religious Book Which is in Latin (30x)
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by Korina »

I'm just more surprised how you managed to find a person, a dog, a dictionary page and thirty religious books all in the same room. :P
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Meh, we both know you went 'fuck' when you saw the 6 :D
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Okay

Investigate the window
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by Korina »

I would also like to state for the record now, if the rickroll didn't give it away, this game isn't serious at all. I will mod it obviously, but all the action replies will be nonsensical. My main goal is to make people laugh here, and have a good time. If I wanted to, I could make an ultra-serious rpg, but I wanna have fun with this. Be as stupid as you want in your actions, I will match you in it.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by Korina »

I absolutely went "fuck, what do I do now?" when I saw it lol. There was the obvious thing I could've gone for, but I thought it'd be better if you just find all this stuff in the tiny room off the bat.

Iconeum
Action:
Investigate the window

Roll:

1 6-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by Korina »

Iconeum
Result:
You try to investigate the window, but the second you start to, you just start staring at your reflection and begin contemplating how the window reflects your image. It's not a mirror, so how does it do that? It's just like magnets! How do they work?? By the time you finally figure it out the answer to both of those questions, you forget exactly what you were originally gonna do.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by Korina »

Also, rip. Just rip.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by Iconeum »

I see a different strategy is in order, here. Fine.

Order Hope (Person) and Hope (dog) to investigate the door.
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Korina »

Iconeum
Action:
Order Hope (Person) and Hope (dog) to investigate the door.

Roll:

1 6-Sided Dice: (6) = 6
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by Korina »

Hope (Person)
Action:
Investigate Door

Roll
:
1 6-Sided Dice: (6) = 6

Hope (Dog)
Action:
Investigate Door

Roll
:
1 6-Sided Dice: (4) = 4
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B