Roll To Dodge - I'm Bad At Titles [8*/12]

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Felissan
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 03, 2015
Location: France
Pronoun: She

Post Post #225  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Ask Hope for information about the local civilization.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE" - DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this." - DeathRowKitty 2018
I believe in you, Miss Zirconium! <3

Ranking vids from a dead youtube meme playlist, for obvious reasons

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #226  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:29 pm

I will resolve all actions when I get up. I've gotten enough actions to the point I'm willing to resolve them.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #227  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:43 pm

Actually, fuck it. I'm gonna resolve now.

I'll start with the ultimate RPS, because holy hell was that absolutely hysterical.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #228  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:54 pm

Ultimate RPS - Rules PM
Korina wrote:The game is now afoot, only because I'm assuming both of you agreed to go for it. Just because I kept getting wildly conflicting things when I tried to find all of the possible moves for ultimate RPS, we're gonna do it my way instead:

- Both of you will send me one thing. I really don't care what it is. Just send me something.
- I will send to you whatever the other player submitted to me.
- After that, you will have 36hrs to submit your argument on why your choice is better than the others, and why I should pick it.
- Once I have decided the winner, I will post everything sent to me, (including my verdict), in the thread.
- The winner will be given 10 gems and 1,000,000,000 bread, and the loser gets nothing but depression and sadness.

However, do be warned: If somehow both of you send me the same exact thing, neither of you will win and the wager will be lost.

Good luck! You have 24hrs to submit your choice!


Ultimate RPS - James selection
James Brafin wrote:Tiny John Cena, Chuck Norris, and Dwane Johnson dressed in Kevlar piloting a fireproofed Sith Lord Constantine wielding a ion cannon and a +43 Adamantine Shield of Spontaneous Banana Generation, riding a unicorn wearing clogs and farting glitter rainbows.


Ultimate RPS - James Argument
Spoiler:
James Brafin wrote:Because frankly, A) my choice is way cooler, B) I am completely protected from the scissors by the shield and can vaporize them with my sword, C) my unicorn can just destroy the scissors with magic, and D) I have John Cena, Dwayne Johnson, and Chuck Norris to use the scissors against my foes, so they only add to my arsenal.

Plus, roundhouse kicks and pro wrestling.


Ultimate RPS - tw selection
the worst wrote:Scissors.


Ultimate RPS - tw argument
Spoiler:
the worst wrote:Do you need an argument? The decision is simple. But let me lay out for you why I have won this exchange on all levels.

1: I was stronger via social play, and advancement of the gamestate.
By publicly declaring my decision to play scissors, I forged a unique gamestate against someone I have never played with before. What decisions did he have?--to counter my proposed submission, thereby winning if I did take the perceived 'easy route'? Or to counter my counter to his counter, thereby risking walking into a trap if I actually did simply submit the answer I had declared that I would submit? I believe that my opponent has made the latter decision to counter by counter, and has therefore been outplayed by the trap which I elegantly designed.

2: Scissors objectively defeat James' submission.
This is true on all fronts. Under the guise of pathetic, conventional scissors I have discreetly hidden the mighty

2773 modified kevlar scissors!!

Consider this:
2a) it can slice through kevlar like butter; tiny john cena, chuck norris and dwayne johnson stand no chance even with their pathetic kevlar defences. now you may say "hold on, dwayne johnson is the rock, therefore doesn't he beat scissors?" but absolutely not. i refer you to point two:
2b) refer to this section of the presented video. These scissors are virtually unbreakable, and slice through kevlar like butter. But I wouldn't expect you to take my word for it, so let's consult science.

The compressive strength of stone masonry walls is upwards of 1.00MPa.
On the contrary, the compressive strength of kevlar is upwards of 7.3MPa.
Allowing for the fact that this is mini Dwayne Johnson (i.e. scarcely the Rock; more like the Pebble) I would argue that his compressive strength is markedly lower; but that is beside the point.

The compressive strength of kevlar is over 7 times as high as the compressive strength of Dwayne Johnson, the Rock. therefore there is no reason why he would be able to defeat scissors which were created to defeat kevlar. arguing the contrary is akin to saying a goblin could best a dragon-slayer, because the goblin is not a dragon. foolishness!

Obviously, my path of destruction is not inhibited by fireproofness, nor is it inhibited by the Sith Lord Constantine. My mighty scissors would also not be phased by a measly ion cannon. Unicorns and bananas are nothing that would stand in the way of my scissors' rampage. So I will be sidelining those for the moment to address the final, more pressing concern: the +43 Adamantine Shield itself.

I would still argue that my scissors are the obvious victor here; they could simply move around the shield (whilst kevlar is light, an adamantine substance would clearly be very heavy and therefore difficult to pivot). Presumably after the defeat of my living opponents, I could just use their ion cannon against the admantine shield, presumably stopping its banana production capabilities. But this would not be necessary, I do not think.

Please note that the ability to outright destroy this shield is realistically not a factor in my decimation of Mr. Brafin; when his foot soldiers and weaponry lay slain, it shall be a mere banana-covered ornament for my scissors' trophy room.

3: The efficiency of my submission is greatly superior
From a mathematical standpoint:
My scissors can destroy James' entire armada (save for ARGUABLY the shield, but I argue that this does not matter). For the 12 items in James' submission, a pair of scissors can obliterate 11-12 of them. This is a destruction index of 1:11 which is outright incredible (91.67%-100.00% of James' submission is defeated).

On the contrary, in James' submission there is not a single item nor a combination of items capable of defeating my scissors. Therefore he has a destruction index of 12:0 (0.00% of my submission is defeated).

4: James' submission is technically invalid

- Both of you will send me one thing. I really don't care what it is. Just send me something.

Quoted for your reference: he has submitted 12 things.

5: I had no idea what i was doing and still won

No elaboration needed.
I didn't realise this wasn't RPS until I saw your PM, and then figured it was still just regular RPS but with a final judgement call from you.
From my perspective, the way I have approached this game was impeccably elegant, and yet I firmly argue that from both a social and a strategic perspective, I am the clear winner.


Ultimate RPS - Final VerdictI formally declare ~the worst~ as the winner!

Reasoning:

Spoiler:
I mean, honestly, while I appreciate both of the arguments, honestly, when I saw TW's argument, I just couldn't stop laughing. It was just so absurd, that it'd be a sin to say that James won. If you're actually willing to put that much effort into a nonsensical argument, I will 100% give you the win.

And while both arguments do exactly what I've asked, TW just manages to do it so much better than James did. And that's why I gave it to TW.


Area because it looks better@Winner: I will add the items to your character sheet later.
@Loser: I will remove the items from your character sheet later, however, you will have "Depression and Sadness" added to your items later.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #229  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:58 pm

well played James.. :lol:
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
apply for team mafia 2020 here

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #230  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:59 pm

System MessageNSMA the Human Tinker has been moved to the Inactive Player list. He will have 7 days to post an action before his character will retire, causing him to lose everything on that character, and forcing him to make a new character to continue playing.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #231  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:08 am

CombatNix (Sushi) will go first, followed by Ircher.

Nix (Sushi)'s avaible actions are: Punch, Punch Harder, Grapple, Meditate, Defend, Surrender.
Ircher's available actions are: Punch, Tome, Torch, Flashlight, Defend, Surrender.

Ircher's current HP is: 10.
Nix's current HP is: 5.


Combat HistoryTurn 1:
- Nix used Punch Harder, dealing 2 damage to Ircher, and 1 damage to themselves!
- Ircher used Torch, dealing 4 burn damage to Nix! Burn status was also inflicted for 1 turn!

Spoiler: Rolls
Image

Rolls committed in Mod PT for simplicity. I will provide temp Mod PT access if requested by Ircher or Nix.
No idea why the photo is blurry either.


Turn 2:
- Nix takes 2 burn damage, but is no longer burned!


NixPunching will deal 1d4 damage.
Punching Harder will deal 1d8 damage, but will also inflict half of the damage to yourself.
Grappling will cause Ircher to roll with disadvantage for their next turn.1 2
Meditating will automatically cause you to deal double damage and take half damage on your next turn.2 3
Defending will reduce all incoming damage by half.
Surrendering will end the duel, and you will automatically lose.


IrcherTome will deal 1d6 damage and may inflict a random status effect.
Torch will set Nix on fire, dealing 1d4 damage, and inflicting half for 1d4 turns as burn damage.
Flashlight will blind Nix, causing them to roll with disadvantage for their next turn.1 2
Defending will reduce all incoming damage by half.
Surrendering will end the duel, and you will automatically lose.


footnotes1 Rolling with disadvantage will cause you to roll two dice, and take the lowest value of the two. So, if you roll with disadvantage, and you get a one and a six, you'll take the one instead of the six.
2 Ability useable twice per battle.
3 Self-inflicted damage from punching harder is doubled, and ignores damage reduction.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #232  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:09 am

FelissanAction: Ask Hope about local civilization

Roll:
Original Roll String: 1d8
1 8-Sided Dice: (7) = 7
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #233  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:20 am

FelissanResult: You successfully ask Hope about the local civilization. He angrily glares at you for a moment before finally telling you, "What? Just because I'm the closest thing you got to a mentor, you expect me to answer every single question you got? But fine since you asked nicely, the closest civilization you got is on the outskirts of the forest, about two-hundred or so paces west. It's a small, rural village, composed of about twenty people, most, if not all are merchants. It's a good starting place to try to figure out how to stop the Termination Process, or to just find local quests, if you want money to go buy things. Really, if you want to get better gear, find something better to do than watch the duck and orc tell an anthropomorphic, yellow dragon-dog hybrid that's literally god why their choice is objectively better than the other or watch the oni and human fight each other in a horribly balanced system, THAT THE GOD DOG SHOULD REALLY REBALANCE LATER, or do really anything outside of this forest, that village is where you should go. The village name as well is Fate Village, because most, if not all adventures end up there at some point, seemingly as if Fate pulled them there. At least, that's what I've heard, but the leader there is named Fate, and I really think he's egotistical, and just named it that to inflate his own ego."


QuestsNew Quest: Find Fate Village.
Last edited by Korina on Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #234  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:20 am

And yes, I do admit, the combat system is horribly balanced. It's on my list of things to-do.
Also included on my list of things to-do:
- Make an EXP system
- Make a storyline
- Make proper character sheets
- Update everything.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Cheery Dog
Kayak
 
User avatar
Joined: July 01, 2012
Location: OMG BALL!

Post Post #235  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:32 am

I don't think I can think of anything else to do here.

Head to the surface
It'll all end in tears, it probably already has.

James Brafin
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: October 04, 2017
Location: Here, There, and Everywhere
Pronoun: He

Post Post #236  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:15 am

GAH NOO
GG, TW. Well done. That is one heck of an argument.
Go looking for food since there is none to have here.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #237  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:59 am

tome
Semi-retired from Mafia as of September 2018. Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up is finished; feel free to pre-/in for the next time I run it.

Felissan
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 03, 2015
Location: France
Pronoun: She

Post Post #238  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:05 am

That settles it! Time to head to the village and start saving the world and fighting evil!

...

Hahahahaha! Did you really believe me?

Give a random villager recurring dreams of a duck granting wishes in the forest.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE" - DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this." - DeathRowKitty 2018
I believe in you, Miss Zirconium! <3

Ranking vids from a dead youtube meme playlist, for obvious reasons

Sushi Martyr
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #239  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Oof, maybe not the best move on my part. Good thing it's just a friendly duel.

Action: Meditate

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #240  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:29 pm

I'm gonna resolve when I get another action.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

the worst
Snuggly Duckling
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: pond
Pronoun: He

Post Post #241  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:30 pm

Where's my looting :c
Go get to know xRECKONERx!
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
apply for team mafia 2020 here

Sushi Martyr
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #242  (ISO)  » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:53 pm

Also, that ultimate RPS was hilarious

Iconeum
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: January 23, 2018
Pronoun: It

Post Post #243  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:30 am

Look into Diogenes, a famous Greek philosopher, who was purported to have brought a plucked chicken to Plato's speech, where Plato defined a man as any "featherless, bipedal creature." In reply to Plato saying that, Diogenes held up the chicken and proclaimed "Behold! A man!"
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #244  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:08 pm

I will resolve in a little bit. Sorry for delays.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #245  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:05 pm

I look around and try to get my bearings.
Show

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #246  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:16 pm

I will actually resolve in a little bit. Apologies for the delay, but I've just been busy.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Sushi Martyr
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 25, 2019
Pronoun: She

Post Post #247  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:10 pm

In post 246, Korina wrote:I will actually resolve in a little bit. Apologies for the delay, but I've just been busy.


No worries, life happens. :D I shall wait with bated breath to see how my fight turned out (and don't worry about combat being unbalanced; if you're making it up on the fly, it makes sense there'd be some kinks in the system, and the element of randomness could still lead to surprising outcomes on occasion).

Korina
Recruiter
 
User avatar
Joined: February 12, 2018
Location: Dog
Pronoun: He

Post Post #248  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Hey guys, I'm putting this on hold for a few days. I've felt like shit, and I've been told it's a stomach bug. I will update actions as soon as I'm feeling better.
Grand Idea uPick: D2 | EISAL v2 is accepting pre-ins, backup mod, and reviewers! (2/10 Pre-Ins)

GTKAS
#CultsArentBastard #CultIsBestFaction #MoreCultGames #KorinaIsBestestBoye

Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
 
User avatar
Joined: July 02, 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #249  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:01 pm

Ego
Show

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash