Scumleague Fantasy Football 2019 (March to the Scumbowl)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Gammagooey »

If anyone has a reasonable trade they wanna offer for either of Deebo Samuel (WR) or TJ Hockenson (TE) hit me up

or you can just wait three weeks and i'll prob boot them out of my team anyway but hey if you want first dibs
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:26 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Anyone in L1 want Tyler Boyd or Flash Gordon. I want a RB2
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:27 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Also John Ross but idk if anyone values him that high.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:42 pm

Post by PJ. »

Hey look, it's the yearly completely unacceptable trade that no one is gonna get off their ass and veto.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:12 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 228, PJ. wrote:Hey look, it's the yearly
completely unacceptable
trade
that no one is gonna get off their ass and veto
FTFY
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:27 am

Post by PJ. »

no. trading dalvin cook and julian edelman for a hurt guy and a super under performing guy is completely unacceptable.

If you have a losing record and are in the bottom half of scoring, you shouldn't be allowed to trade cause you're clearly either a retard or checked out.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 230, PJ. wrote:no. trading dalvin cook and julian edelman for a hurt guy and a super under performing guy is completely unacceptable.

If you have a losing record and are in the bottom half of scoring, you shouldn't be allowed to trade cause you're clearly either a retard or checked out.
if you're this upset about trades, yahoo has this thing called best ball: https://bestball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
there's no roster moves in it- so you can peacefully play fantasy football without having to worry about any trades or people cheating via the wavier wire
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by PJ. »

Why should I play best ball when we can just veto the people ruining the game for everyone? Also, legit stop checking out and agreeing to fucking trash trades. If you're to bad and too stupid to have a decent scoreline or record than you're too bad and stupid to be allowed to trade.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 232, PJ. wrote:Why should I play best ball when we can just veto the people ruining the game for everyone? Also, legit stop checking out and agreeing to fucking trash trades. If you're to bad and too stupid to have a decent scoreline or record than you're too bad and stupid to be allowed to trade.
well clearly the veto isn't working- not everybody's as allergic to trades as you are. you knew trades were a thing when you signed up- you should be utilizing trades to make your team better if you want to win and if you're not going to do that, at least don't be mad other players are smarter than you and trading
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't feel like we should be vetoing trades unless they are so obviously lopsided that its tanking or one side it
CLEARLY
being taken advantage of and I don't think either of those apply here. It goes without saying but alts shouldn't be trading. Hell, alts shouldn't be in our leagues. And I mean two accounts from the same person, not someone playing on an alt in lieu of their main.

For those not in L1 and want to know what the fuss is about...

Team A is trading Julian Edelman and Dalvin Cook to team B for Todd Gurley and DeAndre Hopkins.

Team A being Jahudo's Jaguars and Team B being Flash Gordan Baby who is Dom (i think)

My initial reaction was much like Panzers ("oh poor Jahudo.", he remarked)

Barring injury, Dalvin Cook is going to be a beast. Minnesota is going to feed him until he's stuffed. Trading a top 10 RB for a RB2 and a WR1 that had one big week and then two eh weeks doesn't make that much sense. Unless the Rams start using Gurley more and Hopkins returns to ball hog status this trade is in favor of Flash Gordon. But I think that's what Jahudo is doing here. He's trading his best player in hopes that Gurley and Hopkins rebound and that's exactly what a trade is for. I mean sure there's the risk that it blows up in his face and Gurley stays an RB2 and Watson throws the ball around so much that Hopkins never hogs the ball ever again but dems the breaks.

Just to look at the roster as a whole with the trade in mind:

Jaudo is going to have his 3 wide set be Cooks, Hopkins and M. Williams. And his backs are Conner and Gurley.

Flash Gordan will have Evens and Gordon. I'm not sure who he envisions as his third wide b/c he has Ross and Boyd and Edelman. So he might even start Boyd and just use Edelman as depth. At RB he'll have Cook and ???. OBV this week he's using Ekeler but once Gordon comes back I guess he plans on using White?

Now maybe, he should have listed Cook on the trade block so others could have an opportunity to trade for him and seen what the best offer he got but that seems more like a missed opportunity on Jahudo's part.

At the same time, props are in order for Dom for taking the initiative and landing a really good RB. Though I could see the argument that he's cannibalizing the roster of a bottom-feeding team.

I enjoy the discussion though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:02 am

Post by Jahudo »

Nero basically got my thought process. The stats aren't in my favor but I think Cook could regress while Hopkins improves. I'm not checked out or tanking, just agreeing to a risky trade to see if it works out.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:12 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 233, Aronis wrote:
In post 232, PJ. wrote:Why should I play best ball when we can just veto the people ruining the game for everyone? Also, legit stop checking out and agreeing to fucking trash trades. If you're to bad and too stupid to have a decent scoreline or record than you're too bad and stupid to be allowed to trade.
well clearly the veto isn't working- not everybody's as allergic to trades as you are. you knew trades were a thing when you signed up- you should be utilizing trades to make your team better if you want to win and if you're not going to do that, at least don't be mad other players are smarter than you and trading
This has nothing to with me being smart or dumb or being "allergic to trades." One player is giving the best RB in fantasy football away for literally nothing because they clearly have given up. That's unfair, not just to me but to the entire league. This is WORSE than being inactive which is something that you can be moved down a league for on its own on this site. Not only should the trade be vetoed but both players should be barred from playing in this league in the future due to collusion and league flaking on the part of Jahudo.

Saquon Barkley just got injured, my team is probably cooked. Would it be fair to just start giving the good players on my team to someone else for no return because my team is (probably) cooked? Because that's what this "trade" is.

It's the RB 1 and WR 32 for WR 20 and RB 24. So an RB that's not starting worthy and is in a split backfield with a WR3 for a fringe WR3 and literally the best RB in fantasy on a super run heavy team.
Last edited by PJ. on Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:13 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 235, Jahudo wrote:Nero basically got my thought process. The stats aren't in my favor but I think Cook could regress while Hopkins improves. I'm not checked out or tanking, just agreeing to a risky trade to see if it works out.
Lol. If that's the case, you must not be watching Cook and clearly shouldn't be allowed to trade because you're a taco.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 236, PJ. wrote:
In post 233, Aronis wrote:
This has nothing to with me being smart or dumb or being "allergic to trades." One player is giving the best RB in fantasy football away for literally nothing because they clearly have given up. That's unfair, not just to me but to the entire league. This is WORSE than being inactive which is something that you can be moved down a league for on its own on this site. Not only should the trade be vetoed but both players should be barred from playing in this league in the future due to collusion and league flaking on the part of Jahudo.

Saquon Barkley just got injured, my team is probably cooked. Would it be fair to just start giving the good players on my team to someone else for no return because my team is (probably) cooked? Because that's what this "trade" is.

It's the RB 1 and WR 32 for WR 20 and RB 24. So an RB that's not starting worthy and is in a split backfield with a WR3 for a fringe WR3 and literally the best RB in fantasy on a super run heavy team.
Guerley is not startable and Hopkins is a WR3. Ok buddy
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:22 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Panzer Ill trade the WR7 in John Ross for your injured RB15 Saquon Barkley if you want.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:30 am

Post by PJ. »

Gurley is garbage and I told you that when you drafted him. Now some dude who gave up cause he's 12th in scoring bailed you out by given you the rb1 for free.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:13 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:05 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Panzer I agree with you on Gurley but not everyone does. Some people are looking at what he did before his knees crumbled and thinking he can still be that guy. That's why he went so early in drafts. Im in a league where he's already been traded twice. He's a very interesting player for fantasy trades this year. I agree that Jahudo probably lost this trade but people who still like Gurley might not agree. I'm sure Hopkins will get back to normal at some point too. I don't think this is tanking or colluding or anything like that so i won't be vetoing.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by T-Bone »

This trade is much welcomed over the unsolicited one sided trades that some people repeatedly offer every season.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I said no alt trading, Jahudo! :P
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:04 am

Post by Charles510 »

Raiders defense!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:23 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Patriots defense OP plz nerf
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Did anyone in L2 draft the pats D?

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:01 am

Post by Gammagooey »

yes, Aronis

I lost to him by slightly less than two points this week (aka one of the patriots 4 interceptions or their blocked kick)
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:14 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 247, Nero Cain wrote:Did anyone in L2 draft the pats D?
they're my second highest scorer so far :P They've hit double digits every week

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”