Nomic

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:48 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 173, Inferno390 wrote:Time out
How did P012 pass without P010?
Will someone double check that work?
Charles510 and Formerfish both voted yes on the former and no on P011
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:52 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Weird
Okay then
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:56 am

Post by Formerfish »

I remember feeling like p11 was restrictive and open ended at the same time. I think its something we can revisit if we see it becoming an issue.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:58 am

Post by Aronis »

Spoiler: P027.1
A new fiat currency will be created. It will be named 'Charletons' in honor of representative Charles510. The Charleton Reserve will be established to oversee this currency.

Section A. The Charleton Reserve Oversight

The chair will oversee the distribution of Charletons and track the number of Charletons every player has. Charletons will be tracked through a separate wiki page that is visible to all players. Aronis will serve as the chair. The chair is responsible for updating the Charleton wiki page a minimum of once a week and will be responsible for interpreting rules related to the distribution of Charletons.
The Charleton Reserve will print 5000 Charletons upon the passage of the bill. It will use those Charletons to pay boons, salaries, and allowances. Any fines collected will be deposited back into the Reserve. Should the Reserve be depleted, all boons, salaries, and allowances will cease being paid. The Charleton Reserve may only print more money if granted permission through a proposal or motion.

Section B. Allowances and Salaries

All players in the game will immediately be granted 110 Charletons upon passage of this bill. Anybody that joins the game for the first time following the passage of this bill will be granted a one time boon of 110 Charletons.
A weekly allowance of 10 Charletons will be given to every player provided they vote on one (or more) bills throughout the duration of the week. The weekly allowance will be given out by the Chair to all eligible players within 48 hours of the week ending.
A player will receive an immediate one-time allowance of 1 Charleton for every page top post they make. In the event the player double posted to obtain this page top, they will be ineligible to receive the allowance.
The Chair of the Charleton Reserve will receive a salary of 2 Charletons a week provided they update the Charleton page at least once.
The Game Moderator(s) will receive a salary of 4 Charletons per week. The game moderator is defined as somebody who made at least one meaningful update to the wiki or another substantially beneficial action that progressed the game state in that given week.
Other allowances and salaried positions may be added through the passage of new rules.
A player may receive multiple allowances/salaries a week as long as they meet the requirements.

Section C. Infractions

Should a player fail to follow a rule, they will be fined 20 Charletons for each infraction.
All rule violations that occurred prior to the passage of this bill cannot be prosecuted.
A player may have an account with negative Charletons due to excessive rule infractions.
Should a player commit a rule infraction during a week, they will be ineligible to receive any allowances and/or salaries.
A rule may increase or decrease the fine for a specific offense by specifying that within the text.

Section D. Usage

Charletons may be transferred to any player in the game by posting an order in bold in the main game thread.
okay I have updated this bill.
The update:
put in inflation control mechanisms and altered salaries, etc
removed the add position line
increased clarity of actions required to earn the game moderator salary

as always, I'm willing to modify it further if people have concerns/suggestions
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Inferno390 »

That looks far better
Let’s finish up with the fine-tuning we have going on rn, and then we can work in the currency.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Formerfish »

You guys seem to know better about whats going on, ill let you all handle the changes being made to the wiki for a bit.

Let me know when there is something that needs my attention.

Did the turn system pass and become active yet?
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 180, Formerfish wrote:You guys seem to know better about whats going on, ill let you all handle the changes being made to the wiki for a bit.

Let me know when there is something that needs my attention.

Did the turn system pass and become active yet?
I don't think so
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I'm starting to like this currency system
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Can i make a proposal?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 156, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
P032
: Any action not prohibited is permitted, unless it relates to official matters in the rules, in which case it is prohibited if not permitted.
Did you make this one because i mentioned that actions without laws established to control them are unable to be considered illegal?

Not hating, just curious.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 156, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
P032
: Any action not prohibited is permitted, unless it relates to official matters in the rules, in which case it is prohibited if not permitted.
I think before we vote on this one we need a proposal to pass limiting the communication we have to his board and public discourse until such a time where the needs evolve into something more complex.

Like for now i think we should only be able to talk in front of each other to limit the amount of in fighting there will be due to suspicion and a lack of a way to engage in subterfuge.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 183, Formerfish wrote:Can i make a proposal?
yep, anybody can rn; i don't think any rules passed yet that limit the number of proposals

also

HEAL: p027.1
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 164, Aronis wrote:
In post 153, Formerfish wrote:
In post 151, Aronis wrote:
P031: A Bill to Eliminate Legislative Backlog

1a. All Proposals will have a time limit of 96 hours. If the 96 hours elapse and a decision has not been reached on the proposal, it will fail.
1b. If more time to decide on a bill is deemed necessary, any player may motion to extend the time limit.
2. Each player is limited to one current proposal. They must either retract it or wait until is passes or fails to create a new one.

Obviously all old bills are grandfathered in and lack the time limit. Players with more than one current proposal are also grandfathered in.
This proposal is designed to make the game easier to follow and prevent us from compiling dozens of bills that nobody particularly cares about. I think 4 days is plenty of time for most people to see a bill and vote- but I could be persuaded to slightly increase it if necessary.
do you require a second?
If you'd vote yes it'd pass and that'd be really exciting
i VOTE: Aye P031
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Proposal P032:

Until a time where this body decides to allow communication outside of the public view, all communication between members shall be made in the open and public to each of us equally. Removal of this ban of outside communication must be repealed with a unanimous decision and nothing less. A single holdout would prevent outside communication.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Aye P028

VOTE: Aye P029

P030- can we make the next 48 hours a period for discussion for and against from one member of each belief?

VOTE: Aye P032
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Sorry, mine should be P033...
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by Charles510 »

VOTE: P017 Yea
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Post by Charles510 »

VOTE: P025 yea
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Guys I hope you are aware that passing P028 doesn't do anything because R109 implicitly overrrides it.

Inferno390 GTKAS

James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:34 am

Post by James Brafin »

/in but give me a sec I have to catch up
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 am

Post by James Brafin »

VOTE: Yea P009
VOTE: No P017
VOTE: Yea P025
VOTE: No P026
VOTE: No P027 The only way you're getting me to vote for a currency is if it does something and doesn't just exist to exist.
VOTE: No P028
VOTE: Yea P029
VOTE: Yea P030
VOTE: Yea P032
VOTE: No P033

I apologize for the computer logic.

P034: Lists now exist. Players may create or remove lists using proposals, or alter lists using motions and/or proposals.

P035:
Clause 1: Creates the Yea and Nay lists.
Clause 2: Any word or tag on the Yea list means "Yea", and any word or tag on the Nay list means "Nay".

P036:
Clause 1: Creates the Inactive Proposal List and Active Proposal List.
Clause 2: Any proposal not on the Inactive Proposal List is considered to be on the Active Proposal List.
Clause 3: Proposals, once on the Active Proposal List, cannot be put on the Inactive Proposal List.
Clause 4: Any proposal on the Inactive Proposal List is inactive. Any proposal on the Active Proposal List is active.
Clause 5: Inactive proposals cannot be voted on, only be debated and altered.
Clause 6: Active proposals cannot be altered, only debated and voted on.

P037: Amend P031 to say: "1a. All proposals
on the Active Proposal List
will have a time limit of 96 hours. If the 96 hours elapse and a decision has not been reached on the proposal, it will fail. 1b. If more time to decide on a bill is deemed necessary, any player may motion to extend the time limit. 2. Each player is limited to one current active or inactive proposal. They must either retract it or wait until is passes or fails to create a new one.
In addition, the total player body is only allowed to have seven proposals active at a time. Any proposals created beyond this threshold are automatically placed on the inactive proposal list.
"

A summary:
P034 allows for lists of information, that other rules can reference.
P035 allows for the use of alternate tags or words when voting, as allowed by the player body.
P036/P037 allows us to put ideas on the floor for debate while not having to vote for them and allows us to hammer out the kinks in the issues rather than just saying, "no, I don't like that." Then, when we have it worked out to a place where we like it, we can put it up for vote OR if we can't make it work we just retract it. Also provides for extremely large bodies; We are at 9 now so I think some way to further limit how many proposals are actively being voted on would be a good idea, just to limit how much crazy is going on. Note that the amendment says you can only have one proposal total, active or inactive. It is only the total number of ACTIVE proposals that is limited by this.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:18 am

Post by James Brafin »

And yes, I am aware the other three proposals *technically* can't exist or be voted upon yet, I'm just spitballing. I am only officially proposing P034. The rest are for your future consideration.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:22 am

Post by Formerfish »

Why nay on 33?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Inferno390 »

That seems like a pretty smooth way to handle things. It would obsolete part of R310, but that rule can be fixed.

Inferno390 GTKAS

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: yes for the following