DnD 5e: Westmarch Campaign Hub

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

DnD 5e: Westmarch Campaign Hub

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 am

Post by chkflip »

chkflip presents: westmarch campaigning

Hello, adventurers, and welcome to the umpteenth iteration at an attempt to PbP (play-by-post) Dungeons and Dragons on mafiascum! I am what I hope to be the first of many hosts for this campaign type. The purpose of making it Westmarch style is to give you, the players, the ability to opt in or out of quests as your availability fits; therefore, if a party member poops out, it doesn't kill the entire game!

What is Westmarch style?

It is a type of play in DnD where the party builds itself and chooses the quest, storyline, or campaign they'd like to embark on together. As stated above, this means you can jump in or out at any time with no obligation to continue until you feel the itch to play again. This also opens up the possibility for other Dungeon Masters (so it doesn't have to always be me) to jump in and run their own quests as well. To help foster this relationship, any adventuring party should be considered to be playing in "Fantasy World." This is an old-school term that basically means you can be anywhere! Want to run in Eberron? Forgotten Realms? Wildemount? Dragonlance? Your own homebrew world? Feel free, because
they all exist here

How do I create a character?

Go to http://www.dndbeyond.com, create an account, then create a character! That's literally it. Then send it via PM to your DM and you're ready to go. My only current guideline is that we stick to Eberron material and avoid the races that start the game with wings.

How do I play?

Find a group/partner that isn't on a quest and ask them to join you. Or you can try your luck in running a quest solo. But be wary! Most of my quests are crafted with a party of at least four players in mind. That doesn't mean I'm not flexible, though, so if you find yourself solo or with one or two players, send me a PM and we'll see if we can't get you going. Please do not just jump into somebody else's running game, however, unless otherwise cleared to do so. All other game-based inquiries can easily be discussed as we go along, however, because otherwise this intro would be way too long.

Should I know anything else?

Follow site rules. So if you think what you want your character to do to that poor unknowing barmaiden would make anyone reading it uncomfortable... don't do it. You know what I mean. Yeah, that. Don't do it. This isn't that kind of game. But try to have fun anyway.
Last edited by chkflip on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:02 am

Post by chkflip »

Quests Available:

Stay Out of Orlane.

Spoiler: information
The villagers of Orlane are worried. Or, well, they
would be
if they showed any emotions at all. Not to mention those that haven't been accounted for in some time now. Warnings from those that have kept their bearings have reached you via post. Those that notice their former friend's shift in behavior have either left or boarded up and stayed inside as much as they can. There are some, however, that seem more headstrong. More diligent to find a return to normalcy. Can anybody find out what's happening in this once-thriving village? More importantly... can it be stopped?

This hook is longer than a single quest. All inquiring adventurers should be warned that completion of this quest would take much longer than any other posted quest. It is also more difficult and should only be taken at max capacity (4-5 adventurers).

Lucrecia's Tower

The planet rumbled for what felt like an eternity. Things shattered off of shelves, lantern posts crumpled, and the well collapsed in on itself in the middle of town. But what was the worst -- and strangest -- of all was a tower that simply flickered into existence. Murmurs stirred into rumors of tales, of legends, of an old woman some thousand years ago that magically sealed herself away in an old mage tower that stood seven stories tall at least. But all the intrigue went sour when a village nearby became quickly overtaken by what was only seen and reported as living shadows in the night. Who will brave the tower and answer the lingering questions or, at the very least, stake claim to the treasures rumored to have been sealed within?

Night of Fear.

You've been traveling the frontier of civilization for days in search of adventure. At the end of this day, you checked into an isolated, rustic inn called Crellar's Trading Post. The Crellar's are hardy, self-reliant folks, and the trading post is a sturdy stone structure. When you and the other guests retire to your rooms and settle in to sleep, you feel safe and secure. In the middle of the night, you awake to a horrific din of barking, growling, and screaming from downstairs. Within seconds you hear running feet and pounding on doors with a call to arms: "Everyone up! Gear for battle! The trading post is under attack!"

Are you by chance a sellsword?

Local travelling merchant Paulie Babadibippa has been having some trouble getting his shipments of goods up from the Tricities in the South. He's looking for some bodyguard types to make sure the carts make it to where they need to be... and bring back the goods that keep getting lifted from them. There's extra money, he says, for each piece of missing shipments found and returned upon arrival. But if anything in the new shipment goes missing? No payment!

Quests Running:

My Mouth is Dry...

The humble hamlet of Thode has lived peacefully near the Splint stream as a place with fertile grounds and plump livestock for many generations. Recently, the stream has begun to shallow and -- on some days -- nearly dry up entirely. What's going on?

Quests Completed:

They took my little girl!

It was a night like any other. The working hands were gathered at The Rotten Crop, a local inn/bar, just drinking their hard work away until the morrow. Just then the town's blacksmith, a hardy Dwarf that goes by Jem Hammerfell, bursts through the door in a huff. Something happened to his daughter... and he needs your help!

GAME: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=82476
PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82477
Last edited by chkflip on Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:02 am

Post by chkflip »

The Adventurers:

The Fonz - Jodove Ostoroth, High Elf Wizard II
Rautherdir - Bhreh Sharpdrifter, Kobold Monk II
xofelf - Elloria Fullbright, Half-Orc Ranger II
VashtaNeurotic - Virgil Shadowbane, Half-Orc Rogue I
Vecna - Vekna, Hill Dwarf Sorcerer I
Haschel Cedricson - Bori Nurakas, Mountain Dwarf Fighter II
Allomancer - Corin Thorngage, Stout Halfling Ranger I
RCEnigma - Savionne, Half-Elf Sorcerer I
EspressoPatronum - River Clearwater, Aasimar Cleric I
Pine - Gremm Auromenalaki, Goliath Paladin I
KidAmn - Muraigur, Water Genasi Monk I
jjh927 - Isadore Spearfish, Human Rogue I
Last edited by chkflip on Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 am

Post by chkflip »

To /in, simply follow the guidelines above and PM me your online character sheet from the link provided!
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:18 am

Post by xofelf »

The whole concept of a kobold monk is making me giggle.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:37 am

Post by Rautherdir »

Thanks! I guess we're just waiting for a quest to be posted now?
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:48 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm juggling a couple of things regarding how to make sure this isn't a dumpster fire from the gate. Quests will be posted very soon!
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:48 am

Post by xofelf »

Mostly! I do have to actually finish my beefy girl.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:31 am

Post by xofelf »

Hmmm. Either of the last two quests seem more my speed.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Rautherdir »

I'm up for any of them.
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Mitillos »

/spectate
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Vecna »

A ranger, monk and sorcerer sounds like a fine party to me. Lets go investigate that river?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

The river is my favorite but I'm down for whatevs.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

I am going to add a caveat to the group setting since this is already getting a little more popular than I expected. Groups should be no larger than 4-5 tops. Branching off into groups of 3 is okay but expect a bit of difficulty. It'll help in all situations in the event one adventurer takes longer than expected to see their turn through. This is for my sanity as well as yours.

Carry on.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Vecna »

Im in an EU timezone btw, hope it wont interfere for this too much.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Wow so happy to see all of the healing that our parties can do.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'm not too worried about timezones, but thank you Vecna. Just waiting for y'all to form and lock in a choice.

To be clear, these
three
won't be your only choices ever. I'll be adding more quests as time goes on, permits, and the demand is there. If there's something you'd LIKE to see shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. The thought process here was to put up small, achievable quests to start and see how this goes. It'll be a continuously evolving hub.

Edit:
More have been added. Now get together and do the thing! I believe in you! :lol:
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by xofelf »

Okay that first one looks niiiiice.

Still down for the bottom two.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Second and fourth are my favourite.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by chkflip »

That's four for
They took my little girl!
In Fonz, xofelf, Haschel and Rautherdir. But fear not Vecna/Vash. I can work something for you so you don't feel like you're gonna "fall behind" if you want.

I'll get things rolling in the morning. Hell, maybe more people will PM me character sheets before I wake up!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:21 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Cool. I should have significant time for this every day until Tuesday. I'll try to keep posting you on my shift schedule as we go.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Is the setting Faerun?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:18 am

Post by chkflip »

The setting is everywhere/nowhere. The object to that being that if anybody else ever wants to step in and run quests, they're not pigeon holed into one setting, theme, etc. This also allows characters to go from quest to quest without us having to jump the narrative from "Jodove traveled from the jungle, Bori from the desert, and Elloria from the sea. Elloria is the furthest away so this starts on day z." One quest ends, the next begins, you may write your own narrative for what happened in between.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:13 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

I'll make a character and pick a quest later today. This is gonna be great!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Creature »

Debating if I should try this or not
Sigh

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”