7 Wonders (8/8) | Game 3 over!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 7:05 am

Post by enomis »

I am okay with any expansions because I have never played with any before.

Hope it won't be too overwhelming. :shifty: :shifty:
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 8:05 am

Post by Isis »

Xtoxm wants to use some expansions.

I want to play with Xtoxm!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 8:42 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Okay we’ll do leaders and wonders if there’s no objections.

@Isis do you want me to put you next to Xtoxm so you’re neighbors?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Formerfish »

I object.

I think we should do leaders and wonders.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 11:20 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I'm preparing to send out the boards and Leader hands for drafting. Please note the following:
  • You will receive your board and be able to choose which side of the board to play.
  • The arrangement of players is based on the player list. Your neighbor to the left (west) is the person above you in the list, and your neighbor to the right (east) is the person below you. CreativeMod1's western/left neighbor is Isis, and Isis's eastern/right neighbor is CreativeMod1.
  • Note that in Age I, hands get passed to the left (up the playerlist); in Age II, hands get passed to the right (down the playerlist); and back to the left/up in Age III. Leader cards are passed to the right (down the playerlist)
Playerlist is as follows:
CreativeMod1
Knightmare491
enomis
Formerfish
farside22
Xtoxm
Isis

Each player will receive a city board with two sides and can select which side of the board they would like to play on. You will also receive a hand of 4 Leader cards and must select one to keep; the remaining cards will be passed to the player on your right (below you in the playerlist). You will continue selecting one Leader from the hand that is passed to you to keep and passing the remaining cards to your right twice more, until you have a hand of 4 Leader cards. (The last hand of one card that is passed to you automatically becomes part of your Leader hand.) The Leader hands are private and you can request for me to send your hand to you via PM at any time.

Quick overview of how Leaders affects the game: Before each Age, there will be a Recruitment phase where you can play one of your Leader cards in much the same way you would a regular card - you can either pay the cost described on the card to build the Leader; use the card (and required Wonder resources) to build a Wonder stage; or discard a Leader for 3 Coins. After the pre-Age III Recruitment phase, the remaining Leader in your hand is automatically discarded (and you do not receive anything).
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Isis »

In post 77, lilith2013 wrote:do you want me to put you next to Xtoxm so you’re neighbors?
I want to play with Xtoxm!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Boards have been sent out. Please select a side of the board to play with. Once you submit your decision, I will send you your first Leader hand for drafting.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Isis »

Xtoxm pass me three leader cards!!
"Well, I..."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

im not sure about my wonder choice but Isis deserves better than the side with no resource and no neighbor benefit
Isis has manipulated me
Isis is a devious strategist

thanks for modding these btw Lilith. it looks like a great deal of work setting all this up. i'm having fun.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 83, Xtoxm wrote:thanks for modding these btw Lilith. it looks like a great deal of work setting all this up. i'm having fun.
<3 I'm happy to mod! glad yall are enjoying
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Quick note: As a reminder, you can let me know if you'd like to turn on "help mode" and for every hand you get I'll describe which ones you can and can't buy and why.

Also, I will be assuming that if you are building a card and you have the ability to construction chain it, you always use the construction chain, unless you specify otherwise (this is relevant for a specific Leader card that benefits from players using construction chains). That is, if you can independently build the card from your existing resources for free, you can announce that you would like to do that instead, but unless you specify this is the case, I will assume you are using the construction chain.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Formerfish »

:Turn on help mode:
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by enomis »

Are the regular cards the same for the expansion? Or are there new cards?
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by enomis »

:Turn on help mode:

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 87, enomis wrote:Are the regular cards the same for the expansion? Or are there new cards?
The only additions are the Leader cards themselves and the new Wonders; there are also 4 new Guild cards included in the Leader expansion that I have included. Other than that, none of the "regular" cards will be different.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 89, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 87, enomis wrote:Are the regular cards the same for the expansion? Or are there new cards?
The only additions are the Leader cards themselves and the new Wonders; there are also 4 new Guild cards included in the Leader expansion that I have included. Other than that, none of the "regular" cards will be different.
But this would mean that the mix of cards in age 3 would be different from the regular games right? Since there are 4 new guilds, 4 cards from the regular expansion must be removed from age 3.

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

They would only potentially replace other Guilds. The number of Guilds in the game is the same whether we use expansions or not (always # of players + 2), and if we were to play without expansions, these are randomly selected from the 10 Guilds of the original game. The 4 new Guild cards are just added to the possible pool from which this particular game’s Guilds are selected, so we will still have 9 Guilds in the game, the only difference is that the pool that these 9 can be drawn from now includes the 4 Guilds from the Leaders expansion.

TLDR: this only affects Guilds which are never the same for every game anyway.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Another note on current game phase:

This is only the drafting phase, so you do not pay any coins now for selecting Leaders to draft. You will pay coins during the specific Recruitment phase at the beginning of each Age, according to the card cost, if you choose to recruit a Leader during that phase.
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by enomis »

Sorry one more question. (Pardon my spam of questions :oops: )
Will we be able to know each other's wonders/civilization before drafting our leaders?

lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I will post the boards once everyone has selected them, but am kind of doing a “go at your own pace” Leader drafting instead of waiting for everyone to submit their choices before sending out the next hand. If you want to see your neighbors’ boards before you draft Leaders, you can just wait to draft from your hand until after I’ve posted the boards.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

When you say board, is that just the 1st choice we made?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Yes, that’s Side A vs B of your city
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2020 2:56 am

Post by Isis »

Xtoxm passed me a bunch of snazzy leaders!
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2020 2:56 am

Post by Isis »

:turn on help mode:
"Well, I..."
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2020 5:50 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 92, lilith2013 wrote:Another note on current game phase:

This is only the drafting phase, so you do not pay any coins now for selecting Leaders to draft. You will pay coins during the specific Recruitment phase at the beginning of each Age, according to the card cost, if you choose to recruit a Leader during that phase.
Just to reiterate as it seems I did not explain this well: you are not actually buying anything right now. We are currently in drafting phase - At this point you are only selecting cards that will go in your hand for when we get to the Recruitment phases. The Recruitment phase before each Age is when you will be able to play the Leader cards, use them for Wonder stages, or discard them for 3 coins. At the end of this drafting phase, you will end up with a hand of 4 Leaders that you can choose from during the Recruitment phases. Since there are only 3 Ages, you will only have the opportunity to play/use 3 of them, and the last one will be automatically discarded.

Please let me know if anyone has further questions - hopefully it will be clearer when we get to the Recruitment phase.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”