WALRUS (congrats to the winners / go join heltris walrus)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 274, caledfwitch wrote:for cat 1 i just submitted my favorite song of all time. i am like pretty sure schadd has expressed liking my typical music so hopefully it goes well for me
i did this too
except for Cat 2
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:27 am

Post by tris »

ive started paying attention drums in music more
here's what it says
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by schadd_ »

rebealing in 45 minutes !!!
In post 233, schadd_ wrote:(expired on 2021-05-08 22:30:00)
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 3:54 pm

Post by tris »

In post 276, tris wrote:ive started paying attention drums in music more
the missing word here is to!
here's what it says
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by hellbooks »

winnie's post game writeup: my favorite songs of this walrus event

note 1: LARGELY based simply on memory
note 2: i missed out on like 3 of the reveals
note 3: it was hard to choose just ten, there's like an easy top 7 or 8 and then there are like 10 songs competitive for the last few spots
note 4: but also i didnt spend a lot of time thinkin about it
note 5: songs i already knew and liked are present on this list (aka no unfamiliarity bonus)

10. ARIEL

OH WONDER - technicolor beat
(
cat 4 - 8th place
)
this song is hugely pretty & i loved the octave bestie love situation for the catfit. i struggled a bit between this and like two PJ songs and two mushshagana songs and like two caled songs and one chevre song and the chickadee cat 1 song and the shafted elis & tom song and a lot of others but i listened to this historically maybe ten times (more than any of the other songs in consideration) so there u go. i'll trust in the data

9. SHAFTED

RADIOHEAD - exit music for a fart
(
cat 2 - 15th place
)
also probably my favorite radio head song lol. i wasnt here for this but i'm happy for u

8. MUSHSHAGANA

GNAW - rat
(
cat 8 - 2nd place
)
loved thisssss. still have to listen to the whole album

7. TRIS

JAD FAIR + TENNISCOATS + NORMAN BLAKE - dobu dobu
(
cat 4 - 2nd place
)
i thought this was the most brilliantly creative entry catfit wise for a song in the whole game

6. MUSHSHAGANA

CUNEIFORM - conciliator
(
cat 6 - 5th place
)
i think schadd described this as metallic texture which is so true its like a bunch of scraping twanging sounds that are unbelievable

5. ARIEL

IMOGEN HEAP - the walk
(
cat 1 - 10th place
)
absolutely adored this and i'm very positive about imogen heap and i should definitely listen to the album so thanks for reintroducing it to my radar

4. PJ

CASIOPEA - time limit
(
cat 7 - 1st place & score record
)
this song will basically speak for itself in its goodness

3. CHICKADEE

MALLRAT - groceries
(
cat 2 - 6th place
)
oooo this song was soo good. i resonated with schadd's difficulty in the catfit placement even tho i wasnt there bc it felt so obviously amazing

2. SIRIUS

NOMICO - bad apple
(
cat 5 - 15th place
)
this is simply the song i've listened to the most historically outside of my own walrus submissions maybe like thirty or forty times :pathologic looper:

1. CHEETORY6

TANYA TAGAQ - uja
(
cat 1 - 2nd place
)
i would have given this a perfect 5 enjoyment points. i would say i like this song more than most of my own submissions

Spoiler: pedit: maybe to roughly place my own submissions it would be like
6. mushshagana
[my cat 2 submission]
5. ariel
4. pj
3. chickadee
[my cat 3 submission]
[my cat 4 submission]
2. sirius
[my cat 5 submission]
[my cat 6 submission]
[my cat 1 submission]
1. cheetory6
[my cat 8 submission]
[my cat 7 submission]
why does your ferret thing have a waterfall?
your guess is as good as mine
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by schadd_ »

the final cat 1
Spoiler: 1st place (G.S.): the dee

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 6.8 [4.9/5]
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 3
How Much Did I Hadn't Listened To This Song: 0.8
How Much Did Chickadee Submit The Song: She Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: i would have probably put this as davsto. lol. even forgetting that there is a tori amos track elsewhere i don't see myself getting this one.

definitely a track which primarily strikes a chord of interestingness for me. it's a sort of thing that prompts a lot of thought as to what . . . sort of thing the song is, what are its affordances. when the vocalist is just kind of lyrically bounding and dancing around, it comes naturally to just give her room to do that - the substance resembles an unfiltered consciousness, a collage of vignettes, whatever, but they are also easily parsed as an anthem or a refrain. it has you ruminate on things like "don't go vacant on me" and "contact" (with the latter there's temporarily a question as to what word is being said, it sort of sounds like "can't touch" or "come time" but then enunciates the trailing "t" more towards the end) as they are presented in a constant playful inflection, almost in a sort of epic minimalist style. but, it also wields its own musical flair - at 3:50 there's a brief feeling of the guitar digging its feet into the ground, signalling you to notice the mounting energy and height of emotion in the song. all of this is to say, it's very arty in a way that you knew that i would like.

more later comments: looked at the lyrics of it - "in the time it takes to slide it back" is another one of those key repeated phrases, which i would have highlighted if there was any way i would have been able to parse language out of the speech. also i didn't even notice her saying "MBV MBV" which is hilarious (i posted abt them in my epic top songs thread the other day). i added this to my spotify playlists of "songs that would score highly in the drum cat even though the drums are clearly not the best part of it" as well as "songs that are like this giff" (will be included as an appendix). this song is really emotional, and i don't really have a point of comparison as to how it gets there - seems pretty obvious to me that i should be rounding up to 3. the "bounce! twirl!" around the middle is like in the musical moments hall of fame.

APPENDIX GIF:

Spoiler: 2nd place: spreato

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 6.2 [4.6 wd/5]
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 2.5
How Much Did Spreadsheatory Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: after getting a closer look at it and hearing the electricosity of it i may have come around to him.
2nd place: 1.5

yeah i mean like, the vocal is just literally good. a total onslaught. just total animal hype mode for the whole duration of the song, grips your attention tight for 2 and a half minutes. the rest of the song almost feels too generous and traditional to be a frame for the song, i want to feel the full coarse friction of it scraping against me. quite addicting to listen to in any case, was one of the first considerations as something which would land in the top spot. check out medúlla by bjork.

more later comments: this ended up being way better of a listening experience while like going around and doing something compared to just sitting in bed. like if i'm out a walkin then it just naturally gets more overwhelming, like i have no choice but to ride the song all the way to hleuellgh-town, whereas the whole thing is more digestible when i'm sitting there & it feels shorter and even kind of scant. naturally i'm allowing the better experience to dominate the score a little bit here.

Spoiler: 3rd place: helbo

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 6.0 (4.5/5)
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 2.3
How Much Did Minjae Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: i probably would have gotten this correct, as i told her, bc i was distantly familiar with the name yu su in a way that was a potential sign that i saw her listening to it on spotify or something
3rd place: 1.0

i appreciate the amount of fun this has with sine waves or near-sine-waves; pretty much all of the melody is that, whereas the rhythmic and textural character comes primarily from this lush and shapely unyielding percussion array (its like if morse code were a bop). the low-bass in particular is such a simple tone, which sometimes does a slow glissando, and it almost feels like it calls attention to its colorlessness, like it's pitch black. there's a rly catchy pattern which fully fades in around 2:00 which is like "dumdumdum---dum-dum-dum, dumdumdumdummm--", which exists comfortably in a sort of pitch-dissonant space (mostly the first note) and has a rhythmic pattern which is so hard to count as four-quarter time. i love the little echoey bubbly sounds. yeah i could listen to this song for like an hour, its a sort of thing that just makes you start thinkin about stuff. electronic music made by women is always good as fuck.

Spoiler: 4th place: the peej

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 5.9 [4.4 wd/5]
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 2.2
How Much Did PJ Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: i would probably guess chickadee here if not for the song that i would have guessed chickadee for. or maybe ariel. quite unlikely to have been correct in any case.

long floaty bassless segments make this really interesting - they force out a long brooding thought as to what is meant by that title refrain, "i never believed in the robber" and suggest that it's something more interesting than my first guess which went something like "i never thought i would get robbed but then i did (incidentally i guess that means i have to be a right winger now)." the whole of the vocal is really engaging and dramatic, some moments like "i learned to make love to the robber" are quite shocking and thought provoking. absolute menagerie of instruments, its really something. a gasping piano and sax are recurring characters but there are a lot of moments where some kind of jazz organ or any number of other slightly different things will briefly chime in, sort of like an audience member or support group member briefly vocalizing in agreement. the big swirling updraft at 3:00 is really great. they should collab with wendy williams & do a song about the killer

Spoiler: tied 5th: bails

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 5.8 [4.4/5]
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 2.1
How Much Did GeorgeBailey Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: my first guess was surely cheetory6 and i don't know if i would have been able to peel away from it. but also not vry surpring.

really interesting thing. i think its best moments are towards the beginning, the "whots going on here" phase of the game. the viscous and pitch-uncertain synth which makes the focal melody makes good use of attention. the moment about 20 seconds in, where the rhythmically- and texturally-uncertain drum beat scratches out a modulation-uncertain change in the chords, tosses you off balance in an entertaining way. id imagine GB is aiming at the "interesting use of electronics" idea, as it sounds like we're witnessing some kind of creature hobbling around and trying to figure things out. towards the end of the song it starts to perceptually solidify, building a feeling of a whirlpool, a spinning globe, a glimmering star system. i think that having it be just 2 minutes is a great move, the usual temptation to draw things out would sort of be immersion breaking. i would have gone fully apeshit abt this song 6 or 7 years ago

Spoiler: tied 5th: the gana

How Much Did MUSHSHAGANA Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: even aside from the scream vocal question i think i would have gotten this from the vibe of the group + the fact that it has barely more than a thousand spotify listens

kind of a funny thing where it sets up a little bit of an epic gritty hardcore sound then starts to resemble a synthpop gig. most of the appeal comes from the general hugeness and spectacle here, the meaty sizzling bass, big reverberant snare hits, synth arpeggios, the works. pretty reliable "oh fuckkkkk" moment whenever the choruses hit. the vocalist sounds like the erosion which is carving a huge valley. while the sound is satisfying here i would say it slightly lacks in a sort of compellingness, it feels like a lot of the voices are doing close to the same thing. but it works well as a particularly thrashy and angsty pop song. the vocal confoundingness at 2:00 that i mentioned in thread is a cool effect.

Spoiler: tied 5th: bperps

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 6.1 [4.5 wd/5]
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 2.3
How Much Did I Hadn't Listened To This Song: 0.3
How Much Did Jun Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: i think i could not have voted someone else if someone told me to at gunpoint

i listened to the ep here & there would have surely been a time or three that i just kept noticing jun listen to this on spotify and decided to check out what the fuss was about. definitely something that gives you a wiggle and a weft when you're out walking - the sort of alternating-staccato pattern in the bass is soooo groovy and satisfying. the emotional character of the song is really cool since the vocalist is sort of telling this sly and drippy story, but there's an atmosphere of a sort of joy that comes from how brilliantly coordinated the whole thing is. just sounds like a bunch of instrumentalists are gathered together and grinning about the network of quiet horns & percussion that builds up the thing. really fun to listen to.

Spoiler: 8th place: the ris

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 5.7 [4.3 wd/5]
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 2.0
How Much Did Trism Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: i would have written chickadee. tris probably would not have been a first or second guess otherwise.

just a really loaded song. lyrically it is something which would still be very engaging if she were just, like, talking to you - i think this person is often grouped with fiona apple by that sort of idea. like i would keep going "tell me more" and she would keep saying all sorts of stuff. like hey why don't you come out of your little box and have a seat. i'll grab you ice water in spite of the fact that you can just clearly say so many things without needing it. i like her wolf howl thing as well. otherwise i think the low end of the instrumentation does well here, like the backing vocalists giving a haunting edge to the "these precious things" refrain and building this feeling of some kind of Destruction being impending and necessary. there's a big ol bag of tricks / twists & turns in the rest of the instrumentation which are engaging but also make the character of the song a little bit too complex to swallow fully

Spoiler: 9th place: chevs

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 5.7 [4.3 wd/5]
How Much Did I Hadn't Listened To This Song: 0.7
How Much Did Chevvie Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: probably would have guessed corectly

i listened to his james blake-titled album a little while ago and just did not get much out of it because i thot his voice was annoying as fuck. and this song, which is just his voice in large part, is, as you might expect, pretty good! i like an a capella song which aims to produce a feeling of largeness and depthfulness in a person's feelings, which is really the thing that's in focus here (the single synth backing component has a slow attack which makes it seem like a response to the vocals). it's really touching, sort of showing off a long and concerted effort and smooth performance among the backing vocal array, as well as a pained immediate moment for the lead vocal component, which is evocative to me of the nature of living with a condition. i'd highlight "i'd rather see everything" as a particularly great moment of harmony

Spoiler: 9th place: shaff shafferty

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 5.6 (4.3/5)
How Much Did Shafty Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: i think that just the fact of the old song which isn't on spotify would make me quite unsurprised. however i did have to find another video for it in order to get a workable sound quality & the other video has a picture of anime girls on it which would be hard to avoid influencing my choice

the song feels like a comfortable and reassuring inhabitation of a space - sort of like a sort of music that would play in the background at a cafe, though this feels much more careful and deliberate. the delivery of the vocals makes it feel like every word is chosen, thoughtfully traversing through some ideas and finding a few sticking points. i like the quiet activity in the song, some noises in the background like personal noise and radio buzz. it keeps asking me to take stock of it and to be aware of all the little pieces building it up. paired vocalist effect is good, however obviously your submission for that one was perfectly fine

Spoiler: 11th place: air

How Much Did I Hadn't Listened To This Song: 0.4
How Much Did Ariel Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: it's hard to say. i think i would have put georgebailey.

i listened to this album! was pretty interested in miss jennifer heap around supp season last yr & listened to the album - pretty sure i had thought of this song as a secondary highlight to hide & seek, though i'm happy to be reminded of it since i don't think i revisited it. it has her characteristic ability to fit a lot of emotional shape into a phrase - just that harmony for "it's not meant to be like this" has a lot of determination as well as anguish and exhaustion. she also floats between head voice and chest voice really compellingly. the rest of the song construction works as a competently creative and compelling pop situation. i think i will name one of my children imogen heap.

Spoiler: 12th place: sto-sto

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 5.5 [4.2 wd/5]
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 1.9
How Much Did Davsto Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: probably not very much at all!!

quite moody & quite haunting. half-expected to get a 12 minute long prog rock thing, like, "you'll listen to this and LIKE IT". but the route is different here, i think its emotionality is very present and direct in the way that i normally purport to like. some interesting moments in the vocals that have a distant high-school-drama feeling, like the sort of stutter in the word "think" in "do you think i'm sexy" (1:25). there's also just a large amount of effective backing vocals / harmonies / etc., there's a particularly great effect with the "virgin state of miiiind" refrain where the vocal portion just feels very full and wide while the rest of the stuff (bass in particular) gives it the veneer of a melodic shape / movement. it's good

Spoiler: 13th place: kreepy

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 5.3 [4.1 wd/5]
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 1.7
How Much Did I Hadn't Listened To This Song: 0.7
How Much Did Sleapykrew Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: idk
How Much Did This Song Get Put On Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/track/5OwNhyOl ... 6MxoxwFLpQ (extended version)

a great portion of the appeal here comes from the out-of-left-field key change to the parallel major (!!??) that forms this huge distracting and interesting portion of the texture. like it feels like a switch gets flipped and a new idea gets built on the foundations of the rest of the song. otherwise, the full and meaty orchestration is pretty entertaining but it is kind of perilously unspecific (a bunch of different voices that aren't doing anything uproariously interesting) and video gamey. the same sort of goes for the lyrics, she'll be like "give into the hunger" and i'll be like no thanks i just ate dinner actually.

Spoiler: 14th place: enne

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 5.6 [4.3/5]
How Much Did I Hadn't Listened To This Song: 0.0
How Much Did N Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: i'd probably guess postie first but yeah not very surprising

unfortunately zero unfamiliarity points here. i would have listened to the song and liked it a few times when it came out, then it got song gamed like 69 times. at one point i was following his music pretty closely & looking at his big ole questions and answers page on his website, then i guess i must have gotten tired of his bitch ass. this song is good though. he's a trailblazer in the genre of music-theory-conscious internet music, for most of which i have nothing but apathy. you can tell he's a bassist on this one, it's like endlessly and uproariously committed to making something with an engaging melodic shape. i would describe his lyrics as "slightly misanthropic" (and refuse to elaborate)

Spoiler: 15th place: doc 9121

How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 2.9
The First Begotten Sun Of How Much Did I Enjoy This Song: 0.5
How Much Did Sirius9121 Submit The Song: They Did
How Much Would I Have Expected It From Them: i would probably have guessed correctly

sorryyyyyyyyy i just dont like this vocalist at all and there's not much else to engage with. unfortunately the title kind of loses me right away - like sorry mr. stetson but i am good and cool actually. i appreciate the earnesty and optimism of it but it's just kind of suffocatingly theatrical for me

post reveal notes: provisional 0.5 catfit bc everyone else liked it

clarifying the catfit here: its just (enjoyment - 3) * 1.5. i took that region between 3 and 5 out of 5 and blew it up to be worth an extra 3 points - usually the extent to which a song scores greater than 3 is the extent to which i "liked" it in particular. i thought about refining the range further since everyone was so close but i think it's fine when the scores correctly reflect everyone doing a good job.

final standings:

N:
winner of sending songs that i liked guessing & that were fun to think thru for catfit & recruiting a brother to show up to several reveals & being australian

sleepykrew:
winner among contestants imposing a final fantasy restriction upon themselves or who maybe just happend to do it by accident (and setting what will likely be a permanent record for performance under that constraint) & clarifying followups

sirius9121:
winner of songs that i generally liked and were fun and good in spite of a pretty phenomenal gap btwn the music we generally listen to & songs that aren't english language (this is a good thing)

georgebailey:
winner of a bunch of interesting / thought provoking songs from left field & making me always excited to see which the fuck song was the george bailey song

ariel:
winner of buckwild consistency of the enjoyableness of the songs & somehow sifting through my oceans of disinformation to create the submitter-guess score thingy which i really appreciated

davsto:
winner of a bunch well-thought-out catfits & songs that i pretty consistently liked in spite of you being like right in my epic old british music blind spot & good vocal harmony in a bunch of them

jun:
winner of being like such a fun member of the game, like it would be so unbelievably good and relaxing to be like oh this is the jun song. like i would always enjoy doing the writeup for the ones i knew were yours

shafted:
winner of being so baffling with the submissions and keeping me on my toes (& keeping me on my toes in other ways) & getting the first grand slam & having the 2nd most grand slams & bringing an Old and Wise energy to the table

chevre:
winner of being a fun and active and iconic participant at many of the reveals & bringing the fun little backup options spreadsheet images & being spiritually present and supportive in all my spreadsheating work

pj:
winner of sending the best song of the walrus & theoretically having had a better thing to submit to that cat (which i will not listen to, so that it might stay on a pedestal) & standard deviation king (2.491)

cheetory6:
winner of the highest minimum score & just a bunch of cool and good and interesting songs that were the sort of oblique and artsy takes on the categories that i obviously love to have

mushshagana:
winner of enjoyment points (i'm not going to bother checking this and i don't care if its wrong because its spiritually correct. however i suspect its not close) & fun and cool and loud and good and interesting songs regardless that were fun to grade & songs that minjae liked which is like more important than me liking them & epic followup discussion

tris:
being the first person to bail out shafted with your grand slam & songs that made me go "ohhhhh this is cool" & reveal attendance & administrative assistance & supporting other contestants & being the first person to start another walrus thread & songs that everybody liked and thought were cool & being a key motivating factor for the creation of the walrus (i.e. i was like "i know that tris will submit cool and good songs for this which means i have to do it")

chickadee:
winner of the first cat & the last cat & BIZARRELY never getting sniped & submitting first (which was actually like dope as fuck because the several days where everyone was posting but i didnt have any submissions were really awkward) & seeming to like fire from the hip and effortlessly hit the bullseye so many times which was so fun & the thing where i had gotten your cat wrong in cat 5 but you still got second place due to bestie vibrations & best top 3 portfolio

hellbooks:
winner of being my friend
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by schadd_ »

obviously there is the epic participation trophy idea at play here, however i do want everyone to feel like they did a good job just bc i was so shocked at every turn how comprehensively good and compelling each cat was
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 pm

Post by schadd_ »

reposting heltris walrus: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=86488

also heard an idea floating around abt jun + spready doing a walrus in the future, also shafted said so too. i'll reiterate that it's literally fine and the norm for more than one to be happening at a time, and also fine and the norm to not do reveals every single week. oh yeah that reminds me:

me:
winner of churning these dang things out every week & making only a medium amount of math/clerical mistakes & receiving good songs

i think the only real courtesy thing is that it's kind of hard but probably still fine if there's multiple walruses in the submission phase at the same time.

thanks everybody for your submissions.
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 279, hellbooks wrote:
7. TRIS

JAD FAIR + TENNISCOATS + NORMAN BLAKE - dobu dobu
(
cat 4 - 2nd place
)
i thought this was the most brilliantly creative entry catfit wise for a song in the whole game
i'll agree with you here, though without thinking about it too hard

i think that it wouldn't be so brilliantly interesting for me to do a top 10 since you all saw my scores already, however i would add the three highest scoring songs (aguas de marco; time travel; the leanover) would all very probably be able to surface as in my top 110. i would very roughly approximate aguas to be in the 80s, time travel to be in the 60s, the leanover to be in the 90s or 100s or so. its hard to say, especially with the leanover which i think i didn't get around to listening to until a couple days ago
free darius mccollum

tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:22 pm

Post by tris »

as a prize for getting the most points, hellbooks gets +.1 points from me in our walrus
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:25 pm

Post by tris »

but, yeah. lots of good music every1! :)
here's what it says
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by tris »

In post 280, schadd_ wrote: being a key motivating factor for the creation of the walrus (i.e. i was like "i know that tris will submit cool and good songs for this which means i have to do it")
:o
here's what it says
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

yeah it was by accident @schadd
To be clear: quack
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by schadd_ »

imagine that! setting an all time world record on accident
free darius mccollum

tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by tris »

proud of u
here's what it says
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:48 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Thanks again for running this, it was a blast
And thanks for rest of group for some great songs and fun times. If I had a music aggregator in use, my library would def have expanded

Still not sure why I'm ambiguous, when chickadee was never guessed.
I suppose its a different meaning than what I'm thinking

I'll probably startup my walrus in early/mid July
Formatting will have staggered submissions per round instead of a lump submission before it begins
And forum banter will be a major component of scoring.

In post 279, hellbooks wrote:9. SHAFTED
RADIOHEAD - exit music for a fart
see schadd
you were wrong
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:49 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 287, SleepyKrew wrote:yeah it was by accident @schadd
it was an accident that they were all final fantasy songs
or an accident that you submitted them to the walrus?
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:53 am

Post by Chickadee »

I feel very proud of never having been sniped
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

all of us out here vying for points and chickadee is just here for the sneaks.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 6:22 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 282, schadd_ wrote:heltris walrus
how about helris walrus which has a bit of an awful ring to it
In post 282, schadd_ wrote:me: winner of churning these dang things out every week & making only a medium amount of math/clerical mistakes & receiving good songs
you did a great job at evcerything except for the part where you made me get the most points
loser of giving me points
but i will graciously accept thank you yes. im glad you liked my songs
also im very grateful for ur time running this. loved it
In post 284, tris wrote:as a prize for getting the most points, hellbooks gets +.1 points from me in our walrus
INHERITANCE???????
as a prize for submitting i will give everyone +.1 points (may or may not be a joke)
In post 290, shaft.ed wrote:Still not sure why I'm ambiguous, when chickadee was never guessed.
I suppose its a different meaning than what I'm thinking
schadd was pulling out an old music thread artifact where for a couple of months i had schadd's recommendations in my personal listening spreadsheet tagged as "schadd" and yours as "ambiguous man" because "shafted" was too similar for quick comprehension on my part. this quickly got resolved when i pivoted to using his real name in the spreadsheet and then got double resolved as the recommendations from him proliferated and i ended up just giving him his own section
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 7:04 am

Post by shaft.ed »

oh yeah I completely forgot about that
and it was at my behest.
brain worms must be hungry
In post 125, Errantparabola wrote: also shafted since ive listened to a lot of albums from you and schadd and your names are too similar, i have you on my spreadsheet as "cool dude"
In post 132, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 126, shaft.ed wrote:that's even more ambiguous
i changed him on the Spreadsheet to "ambiguous man"
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 10:06 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

ok it was a series of accidents
To be clear: quack
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Ariel »

im honored to make hellbooks's list twice
thanks for hosting schadd
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

This was fun. I was surprised I didn't score higher for this last one, but then I saw there was a tight race for it.

I just got my external back two days ago, so let me know if you do another one of these.

Now I await the helrisrus.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by hellbooks »

oh....
myyyy
GOD

I
S M E L L

a
RAT

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”