Quacks of Quedlinburg | Game over

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Felissan
Felissan
Goon
Felissan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon May 03, 2021 11:29 pm

Post by Felissan »

Thanks for running the game! I think it didn't translate too well to forum play, but I'm intrigued by the original version now!
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE"
- DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this."
- DeathRowKitty 2018
"You've made me make myself lose the game so many times that I feel like it's an entirely new game I'm losing"
- DeathRowKitty 2022
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:57 am

Post by Farren »

I think a couple of changes could probably help if there was a re-run?

1) Display the Fortune-Teller event somewhere in the OP for ease of reference. (To be fair, the original game has this problem too - it's easy to forget about the Fortune Teller!)
2) Change the Cauldron to have players on the same level as the rewards they're getting instead of one level behind. (The original version has it set up this way, and for good reason - the chips cover up the rewards in the cauldron, so by having the rewards be in the space ahead, it's easy to see what you're getting without having to move the chip. But that's not a problem here; just makes things confusing instead.)

The biggest problem that I can't think of an easy solution for is bag management - something that's trivially easy in the original game, but more complicated in a forum environment. Having the mod handle every little step makes the game take a *lot* longer, but there were multiple cases of confusion when players tried to do it themselves.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:21 am

Post by Snakes »

Thanks for playing, everyone! I'm sorry for taking a while to update at the end, and for the mistakes I made as a first-time mod.

I'm not sure if I would run this game again. I really like playing it IRL, but I don't know how well it works on a forum. Nobody wants to see someone make 15 posts, only for their bag to have gotten messed up somewhere near the beginning, and most of their posts don't count.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Farren »

In post 1025, Felissan wrote:Thanks for running the game! I think it didn't translate too well to forum play, but I'm intrigued by the original version now!
The original version is awesome, and definitely worth a look for those who like press-your-luck games.

Each of the chips (except bombs, oranges, and blacks) have a bunch of variants divided into sets, so for those who get bored with the original powers there are more to draw on.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
vincentw
vincentw
Watcher
vincentw
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by vincentw »

Thanks for the game Snakes! Congrats to Farren for the win and everyone for a good game.

I find it fun! It's also surprisingly tense at times, just how many times can you avoid the 1 in x chance of bombing out. I may have pushed my luck on the wrong places but that's just because I have to, haha.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”