Mysterium ft. Telephone Pictionary Art (Endgame)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Ariel »

(I will plan to end this phase early if I get submissions from the 3 of you that can, unless you specify you don't want me to do so.)
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Best Overall Mish Mash Player
Farren
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Farren »

VOTE: Approve: Aristophanes

Only logical choice. If it's wrong, we lose and the clairvoyance doesn't matter.
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: approve
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Nexus »

vote disapprove
I don’t have any other tokens. Feel free to finish the phase
Trans rights are human rights.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Ariel »

End of

Hour 6

Spoiler: Results
Vision Interpretation

Nice speed run of Hour 6, folks. (Despite me forgetting to post for several hours!)

Aristophanes & Nancy Drew 39 are correct and will have a single chance to identify their Object in Hour 7!

Clairvoyance Effects

Farren and Save the Dragons correctly approve Ari/Nancy, gaining 1 point. Save the Dragons makes it to Clairvoyance level 2!
Nexus had nothing to lose by using a disapprove vote, but also gains nothing.

PsychicLine of Inquiry StageClairvoyance PointsClairvoyance Votes Available
FarrenComplete9 (Lvl 3)0 Approve, 1 Disapprove
Nancy Drew 39 & AristophanesObject2 (Lvl 1)2 Disapprove
NexusComplete10 (Lvl 3)1 Disapprove
Save the DragonsComplete5 (Lvl 2)0 Approve, 1 Disapprove

Vision Interpretation

Hour 7

Hour 7 is the final hour of the Reconstruction of Events. That means that the game will end after this round if all lines of inquiry are not completed this Hour. If all lines of inquiry are complete, however, then we will move on to the exciting Phase 2 - Revealing the Culprit.

You will have until (expired on 2021-06-21 04:00:00) to identify your suspect or location based on your vision. Please make your choice in bold text for clarity. You may change your answer until deadline.

Because we have one psychic remaining that is submitting for Vision Interpretation, that psychic slot should clarify if it is their
final decision
and want to end the phase early. The other remaining psychics may continue to comment during Vision Interpretation but have nothing to submit. (On the other hand, when it comes time for Clairvoyance, Nancy Drew 39 and Aristophanes will not need to submit anything.)

REMAINING OBJECT CARDS
Spoiler:
1Image
3Image
5Image
7Image

Nancy Drew 39 & AristophanesImage

Artist: Haschel Cedricson (Telephone Pictionary: Chain Dance)

Artist: Postie (Express Pensively Your Cartoon)
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Okay so this is either 3 or 7 imo. Milk makes sense as the first is a place where you can buy milk and the second is a battle over a beverage, beer. Pot of Greed face or whatever that is also makes sense because the face very much resembles the one made in the first picture, though that seems weak. Also I can see the Milk Guy reacting like that to the second picture.

Imma dwell on this...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I'm going with

*crosses fingers*
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Ariel »

End of

Hour 7

#104 - Vision Interpretation

Spoiler: Nancy Drew & Aristophanes selected...

And with this selection, all Psychics have correctly completed their respective Lines of Inquiry. Holding a Clairvoyance voting session would be a formality given that all other players only had Disapprove votes available; no further Clairvoyance is gained. Congratulations on successfully completing Phase 1 of Mysterium!

PsychicLine of Inquiry StageClairvoyance PointsClairvoyance Votes Available
FarrenComplete9 (Lvl 3)0 Approve, 1 Disapprove
Nancy Drew 39 & AristophanesComplete2 (Lvl 1)2 Disapprove
NexusComplete10 (Lvl 3)1 Disapprove
Save the DragonsComplete5 (Lvl 2)0 Approve, 1 Disapprove

Phase 2

Shared Vision

The Ghost now has (expired on 2021-06-23 16:00:00) to designate the "real" line of inquiry and prepare the shared vision, consisting of 3 total cards. One card should correspond to the Culprit suspect; one card should correspond to the Culprit's Location; one card should correspond to their Object.

Once the shared vision is prepared, the Straw Poll subphase will begin.
(1) A single vision card will be posted in the game thread. As a Level 1 Clairvoyance Psychic, Aristophanes & Nancy Drew will privately submit their vote of which line of inquiry is correct, with a 48 hour deadline.
(2) A second vision card will be revealed. As a Level 2 Clairvoyance Psychic, Save the Dragons will privately submit his vote, with a 48 hour deadline.
(3) A third vision card will be revealed. Nexus and Farren will privately submit their votes, with a 48 hour deadline.

If the correct culprit is identified by the straw poll, the group wins!
Last edited by Ariel on Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Ariel »

Spoiler: Farren's Line of Inquiry

Spoiler: Nancy & Ari's Line of Inquiry

Spoiler: Nexus's Line of Inquiry

Spoiler: Save the Dragons's Line of Inquiry
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Ariel »

Straw Poll

Clairvoyance 1

The shared vision is made up of three total cards. All of them point to a single line of inquiry, with one representing the Suspect, one the Location, and one the Object. This card was randomly selected among the three for the Clairvoyance 1 level:

Artist: Zang (EPYC 3: The Return Of the Chain)

Nancy Drew 39 & Aristophanes, please privately inform me which player's line of inquiry you believe this vision card indicates. Each player's full line of inquiry is listed in the above post (#108). I am recommending that you get back to me within (expired on 2021-06-24 15:30:00). However, this is a soft deadline meant to encourage this phase of the game to be finished up within a week; if you end up needing more time, that's OK.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Ariel »

Straw Poll

Clairvoyance 2

The shared vision is made up of three total cards. All of them point to a single line of inquiry, with one representing the Suspect, one the Location, and one the Object. These two cards were randomly selected among the three for the Clairvoyance 2 level:

Artist: ooba (EPYC 2: Chains of Glory)

Save the Dragons, please privately inform me which player's line of inquiry you believe this vision card indicates. Each player's full line of inquiry is listed in the above post (#108). I am recommending that you get back to me within (expired on 2021-06-24 16:15:00). However, this is a soft deadline meant to encourage this phase of the game to be finished up within a week; if you end up needing more time, that's OK.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Ariel »

Straw Poll

Clairvoyance 3

The shared vision is made up of three total cards. All of them point to a single line of inquiry, with one representing the Suspect, one the Location, and one the Object. These are presented in a random order:

Artist: Ether (Telephone Pictionary: The Rain in Spain)

Artist: ooba (EPYC 2: Chains of Glory)

Farren and Nexus, please privately inform me which player's line of inquiry you believe the vision indicates. Each player's full line of inquiry is in post #108 above. I am recommending that you get back to me within (expired on 2021-06-24 19:00:00). However, this is a soft deadline; if you end up needing more time, that's OK.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Ariel »

Straw Poll

Results

Spoiler: Nancy/Ari
Aristophanes wrote:The map is literally on Egypt in Ari & Nancy's like of inquiry.

I'm going to lock in our line as my guess.

Spoiler: Save the Dragons
Save The Dragons wrote:Nancy and Ari's line of inquiry

Spoiler: Farren
Farren wrote:I'm going to go with
Nancy Drew 39 / Aristophanes
's line of inquiry.

The banana with the art on the walls lines up with their location (also has art on the wall).
The cheese with the knife in it lines up with their object (milk / cheese are both dairy products).
The Holmes-type investigating a sarcophagus is the most tenuous connection, but I did feel a vibe with the map in their suspect picture.

Spoiler: Nexus
Nexus wrote:Ari and Nancy’s line of enquiry.

As it turns out, our psychics were unanimous in their interpretation of the shared vision. But were they correct?

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Y'all won the game, good job!
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by Ariel »

Ghost Screen Google Doc

Mod Q&A

Where'd you get the idea for this?

Espeonage suggested the previous game, which was Dixit with MS Telephone Pictionary art. Following that, chamber suggested trying a similar concept but with Mysterium. I really like Mysterium so I wanted to try to make that work.

What was the basis for the suspect/location/object cards?

Suspect cards were what I focused on first and spent the most time on. I brainstormed about some scummers who are associated with a particular face (usually from their avatar.) Then it was a matter of figuring out which ones can be associated with a lot of different things and fulfill some sort of individual niche. I leaned more into the background objects with my paint.net collages than the base game does because the base game suspects tend to be more obviously affiliated with some sort of occupation or hobby and thus easier to clue. Some examples of users that were also in consideration for inspiring a Suspect card that I didn't end up including were: xRECKONERx, FakeGod, Vi, pablito, shaft.ed (there just isn't a good enough larger version of his avatar anywhere!!!), PookyTheMagicalBear, Datisi and GeorgeBailey.

Objects were my next focus and easiest. I just went with avatars because they were similarly small to the base game objects. Right off the bat, I wanted to include Raskol's and Mina's, and then collected some more over time with SleepyKrew's help.

I got stuck on what to do about Locations for months. I wondered if I could teach myself to draw in perspective so that I could draw things like the "Speakeasy User Popularity Poll" and "DrippingGoofball's art and science lab" in a similar style to the base game. An alternative was to try to convince some people who already have that skill. Ultimately, I just couldn't be bothered! So, I reached out on the MS discord asking for advice on what to do instead. I got some from Silverclaw and lilith about possibly using images from Pinterest or inspired from past meets. I ended up deciding it was fine to just use photographs. Some of the locations were themed after the mafia subforums (Coney Island, Central Park, and the last-minute-cut Mayfair Club). Some were past meet locations (the actual kitchen from Survivormeet 3; a Disney World spot; also an escape room and planetarium because I've personally been to those at meets). Finally, we had a med student's desk (inspired by lalaladucks's discussion thread about studying).

How did you choose the Telephone Pictionary art to include?

Uhhh honestly I went through every chain on the wiki and saved 300-something pictures that I thought were contenders. This time I named them by artist, game and chain title to make it easy to give credit later (learning from my Dixit mistakes where I begged Ether for help a few times because of my inability to find this info later). I narrowed that down to a 100 card deck by selecting a few cards each that I personally could see matching up to the available suspects/locations/objects. Then I think I just threw in some extra cards that I particularly like while trying to maintain some variety of artists and art styles/subjects.

Thoughts on the difficulty level of this game?

I honestly wasn't really sure whether it was going to be easier or harder than the base game. I originally tried setting it at slightly-below medium difficulty level. Then when we lost a psychic, I just left it at the medium difficulty level it turned into for a fun challenge. In hindsight, I do think the objects may have been particularly difficult in this game - some were clearly a lot easier to associate things with than others.

What surprised you the most?

I expected the psychic players to take a more collaborative approach than they did, just based on my own personal experience with the game. It still was interesting to watch and obviously worked out.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Nexus »

That was a lot of fun. Thanks Ariel!
Trans rights are human rights.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Farren
He/Him

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by Farren »

Fun game! Thanks for hosting!
Mish-Mash Janitor

Please PM me for any Mish-Mash maintenance needs!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

It all came together at the end. That was pretty clutch!

Good game everyone!

Thanks Ariel for hosting and to you and Nancy for bringing me in to help :)
- Jingle
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Very good done!