The Grid (Out-Of-Character Thread)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by roseheart »

I'm going to wait
2 more days
for the new people, then skip them. If they don't post next turn either then they'll drop out. I am optimistic things will work out for both of them though.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by roseheart »

Ok Nancy, I can answer any further questions you have here if you like.

Here's the Sufficient Velocity branch where you can see other people playing (be sure not to view their spoilers) https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/t ... 307/page-2
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 26, roseheart wrote:Ok Nancy, I can answer any further questions you have here if you like.

Here's the Sufficient Velocity branch where you can see other people playing (be sure not to view their spoilers) https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/t ... 307/page-2
So, I need to publicly select someone to assault?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:26 am

Post by roseheart »

Publicly in a spoiler. Yes.

But you can hold your fire, or negotiate an alliance. These are your portraits, use them to talk:

"!"

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/eXzlC3E.png[/img] [b]"!"[/b]

"!!"

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/KQyt6eO.png[/img] [b]"!!"[/b]
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:44 am

Post by roseheart »

To kind of catch you up, the Valkyrie King (blue horseman) has offered you a place in their alliance. The previous player of your character was on friendly terms with them (it was a very brief chat with only a few posts for either of them). The previous player was however aggressive towards the Boulder Mech (big white robot) who is a part of the King's alliance. You shot at this person because you are XCOM and thought they were an alien. They have forgiven you.

This is just the cliffnotes for RP. All RP is optional but alliances will be beneficial and talking is done in character with your portrait. Bottom line what I need each turn is your actions in the spoiler.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:01 pm

Post by roseheart »

Deadline in 3 hours. Then I got to skip you this turn Nancy.

Edit: Ok new update is up. I apologize if this sounds harsh, but I did move heaven and earth to get you back into this a second time, and what you actually need to do is about as simple as calling a shot in Battleship, yet it took you 4 days, stalling the game experience for 7 players, a second time as you already did this the first time and were removed but asked to come back.

You now have a whole new turn.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by roseheart »

There's another 24 hours Nancy....
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:45 am

Post by roseheart »

24 hours left.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:16 am

Post by roseheart »

All forums: I'm going to start treating and describing attacks that are aimed at a space not occupied by anything as not being attempted or limited uses consumed. Exception for moves that have an effect even if no one is there, like the mech throwing a boulder that takes up a space.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:00 am

Post by roseheart »

HadesTheReaper wrote: I would like to petition for non-captains to invite new members to an alliance. Helps to maintain some RP, as the current issue seems to be that the person playing Valkyrie King is not responding yet. Thus, the situation is as it is.
Space Jawa wrote: As a counter-point, there is the question of alliances growing out of control beyond what the alliance starters want.
Sylveone46 wrote: Perhaps we could make it so Alliance starters could veto unwanted additions?
HadesTheReaper wrote: You mean like almost every organization that was not made with scale in mind.
Sorry, but you can leave an alliance and make a new one within a turn.

Actions are now locked in.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by roseheart »

Update will be today.
Sylveone46, post: 20403669, member: 68736 wrote:
Oh boy, that's intimidatin'
Yeah, just wanted to enjoy the e3 festivities a bit, and let the dust settle with a couple new people coming in. But we'll be back on schedule soon(ish).
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Post by roseheart »

POST-GAME SURVEY

Not to say all feedback will be used, but if you'd like to have a voice in how the game should evolve please take a moment to share your thoughts on this experience:

1. What would be some quality of life changes that you'd like to see?

2. What was confusing? ...overcomplicated? ...not very helpful?

3. What basic gameplay features would you like to see added next time?
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:58 pm

Post by roseheart »

Going to take a couple weeks off of hosting this, we'll say the next will go into production on July 1st.

I can only add 1 or 2 new games each time (excluding ones I am familiar with) , if you'd like to say your top 3 most wanted it will help me consider which I should research for consideration for the list.
HadesTheReaper wrote: The game simply isn't long enough to allow these ideas to come to fruition. Imagine a game where you needed fifty VP. Five hundred VP. You could do
so much more.
Sylveone46 wrote: Fair point.
Honestly maybe raising the point limit to ten for each game would be good, since we could do a lot more while still being vaguely "quick"
(Thank you for the suggestion.) Games will continue to be short while this game is trying to get a footing in a few different places, so those communities/players can 'sample' it.
If this game really takes off and I am sure/convinced there are enough players dedicated to warrent something like a 10 point game, we can try it but only once it makes sense to invest that much time and energy into 1 battle.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:10 am

Post by roseheart »

The last update will be tomorrow if I have time. Feel free to roleplay until then.

Edit: Sorry guys, I've been feeling pretty stressed, and I don't want it to effect my writing, especially as this is the last time we'll see some of these characters.

Choices are now locked in. As a thank you for your patients, I'll take this time to release the bios.
roseheart
roseheart
Watcher
roseheart
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by roseheart »

It's almost July 1, and yet we haven't (truly) even concluded this issue of the grid. I'm not going to be ready to start the next one any time soon. I'm sorry, I'm in a funk right now where weeks feel like hours. To clarify, there's nothing bad that happened in my personal life. It's really just a funk.

I'm actually happy about a lot of things, but my pace with forum games is not full steam ahead as it was last month. And I can't fake it.

I really hope you enjoyed this game, I'm not an especially dependable person and even trying to predict myself I just can't do it. It's childish but, all I wanna do right now is gush over Smash Bros and Game Builder Garage on my Nintendo Switch. I was hosting more than 3 large forum games simultaneously over the past months, and frankly, I am spent.

I just need to focus on me right now, thank you for your understanding.

(Please no new posts in the IC thread. Gameplay and roleplaying-wise The Grid is complete.)

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”