2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 511, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Nero, you're wrong.

The details of it don't really matter overly, you're the commish as far as that matters and you've created multiple situations of confusion and expectations not fulfilled. I encourage you to resign your post if you want to continue playing, because all the misunderstandings and dumb nonsense stem from you.

A classic example of this was how last year you told me you had no space for me in Fantasy, wouldn't do the work to get me setup in the league.

But when someone dropped post draft, you were there looking for me to fill. What was the point in that, to sort of half play some one elses game?

But the expectation was clear for me from then on. You don't give a shit unless it matters to you, then you care. And that's what is happening here. So many of the rulings you have made this year from these conversations sure look like they benefit you more than a general sense of fairness, from an outsider perspective.

That's all. It's not just PJ, or just PJ being an asshole. I see it too.
TBF Flameaxe committed to playing then dropped out because Nero was a bad GM so like, don't blame Nero for that. At least more than you should. Being a bad GM is still being a bad GM.
In post 524, PJ. wrote:
In post 523, PokerFace wrote:Panzer forms his rival league
Talks have been talked. It will not be a rival league and will not be public.
good lord PJ this makes it sound so selfimportant. The whole reason any of us play in this charade of a league is bc of the history of it. Why would any of us start a new random league with anyone? Let's just get nero the fuck out and like, make it mean at least a little bit of something. Nobody is gonna start a new league at 30something meaning anything worth anyshit.
In post 530, Nero Cain wrote:your point being? that I should stop running a mish-mash game b/c you and Panzer decided to tell some lie about me changing the promotion/relegation scheme? no thanks. Sorry that I'm not rolling over and letting you bully me.
I mean let's be fair... if someone was like "NERO" or "SOMEONE ELSE" I'd half-assedly raise my hand for someone else just because of the amount of shit you've stumbled into this season alone.

like idk man. i want to not give a shit about anything MS related anymore but fantasy is always fun. and like, you've clearly kinda taken the liberty of fucking the dog for us here? idk. before this season I remembered the rules being somewhat sacred and now this season it just kinda feels like you did whatever the fuck you wanted with it?
green shirt thursdays
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

League 1 end of regular season

When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:58 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Can we put “zero divisional games are played” on the rule change ballot for next season
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 127, Nero Cain wrote:If you want to be in a specific division then we can do that.
In post 129, D3f3nd3r wrote:Me/PJ/peg/Reck would be incredibly fun
D3f3nd3r wrote:Can we put “zero divisional games are played” on the rule change ballot for next season
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:54 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 575, xRECKONERx wrote:good lord PJ this makes it sound so selfimportant. The whole reason any of us play in this charade of a league is bc of the history of it. Why would any of us start a new random league with anyone? Let's just get nero the fuck out and like, make it mean at least a little bit of something. Nobody is gonna start a new league at 30something meaning anything worth anyshit.
I just want to chill and play w/ my friends. Like you, lexi, agar, d3f, shea, pickempackem, bbm if u can reach them. All people I've know for like a 3rd of my life. Except d3f. He bb
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:58 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 578, PokerFace wrote:
In post 127, Nero Cain wrote:If you want to be in a specific division then we can do that.
In post 129, D3f3nd3r wrote:Me/PJ/peg/Reck would be incredibly fun
D3f3nd3r wrote:Can we put “zero divisional games are played” on the rule change ballot for next season
I mean, if I didn’t fight Nero on the screwed up divisional matchup scheduling (and the order of divisional opponents was preserved) I would’ve gone 3-3 in the division! Just would have lost to different people these past few weeks.

(profile pic by datisi)
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:31 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 577, D3f3nd3r wrote:Can we put “zero divisional games are played” on the rule change ballot for next season
If you really want, sure.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:37 am

Post by superbowl9 »

PLAYOFFS
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:51 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 581, Kilgamayan wrote:
In post 577, D3f3nd3r wrote:Can we put “zero divisional games are played” on the rule change ballot for next season
To be clear, this was a joke…but it could never hurt.

(profile pic by datisi)
Groose Caboose
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Groose Caboose
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:53 am

Post by Groose Caboose »

So it’s bottom 2 that are relegated, right? Which I think means I might be safe?
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:37 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Bottom four (assuming nobody leaves, which is…doubtful considering the last few days)

(profile pic by datisi)
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 583, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 581, Kilgamayan wrote:
To be clear, this was a joke…but it could never hurt.
Yeah, I figured I'd rather treat a joke as serious than risk treating a serious request as a joke. Any joke requests will likely just get shot down in voting next year anyway, so there's no harm if something gets through accidentally.

At some point "soon" when I have the time, I'd like to start writing down/organizing potential poll questions and tossing ideas out there so people have ample time to consider where they fall on issues before next season begins. Ideally, I'd like there to be time to bandy question ideas about,
and
a time where general question ideas are basically locked in but the details of the responses can be discussed, so people know what they're getting into before a rule changes questionnaire is released.

For the purposes of full disclosure, it is my desire to word poll questions in order to minimize risk of related answer options getting each other's way and resulting in a plurality victory for an option that a majority of the league would have voted against. For example, I consider a question like "How many points should receptions be worth" with answers like "0", "0.5", and "1" to be suboptimal, since it is possible for a majority of the league to prefer some sort of PPR but for the winning answer to be the non-PPR option. I would prefer something along the lines of the following:

"What is your PPR scoring system preference?"

"a. I would prefer PPR with receptions worth 1 point."
"b. I would prefer PPR with receptions worth 0.5 point."
"c. "I would prefer no PPR, but if there is PPR, I would prefer receptions be worth 1 point."
"d. "I would prefer no PPR, but if there is PPR, I would prefer receptions be worth 0.5 point."

With a setup like this, PPR versus non-PPR answers can be counted, and then, if PPR wins, 0.5 answers versus 1 answers can be counted.

Alternatively, depending on how fancy we want to get, we could use the "0", "0.5", and "1" options and determine a winner using Borda count, or pairwise comparisons, or some other system that accounts for nuance.

I'm putting this out here now so people have time to consider whether or not this approach is something they want, and to pick someone else to run the league if they don't like the way I'd like to run it.
~ Edible
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:21 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Also make sure that every question allows for selecting multiple options (for people with multiple options they prefer equally) and not answering the question (for people that don’t care), those were also major flaws in the poll this year

(profile pic by datisi)
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:01 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Those should both be easy enough to do with Google Forms (and multiple selection might also mitigate the issues presented in the PPR example provided previously).
~ Edible
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:41 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Yeah they’re both super easy, one is just a checkbox and the other I believe is changing the question type between the two multiple-choice options

(profile pic by datisi)
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 579, PJ. wrote:
In post 575, xRECKONERx wrote:good lord PJ this makes it sound so selfimportant. The whole reason any of us play in this charade of a league is bc of the history of it. Why would any of us start a new random league with anyone? Let's just get nero the fuck out and like, make it mean at least a little bit of something. Nobody is gonna start a new league at 30something meaning anything worth anyshit.
I just want to chill and play w/ my friends. Like you, lexi, agar, d3f, shea, pickempackem, bbm if u can reach them. All people I've know for like a 3rd of my life. Except d3f. He bb
I know bb I miss u so much
green shirt thursdays
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 586, Kilgamayan wrote:"What is your PPR scoring system preference?"

"a. I would prefer PPR with receptions worth 1 point."
"b. I would prefer PPR with receptions worth 0.5 point."
"c. "I would prefer no PPR, but if there is PPR, I would prefer receptions be worth 1 point."
"d. "I would prefer no PPR, but if there is PPR, I would prefer receptions be worth 0.5 point."

With a setup like this, PPR versus non-PPR answers can be counted, and then, if PPR wins, 0.5 answers versus 1 answers can be counted.
I like it getting setup like this. So much so I may be stealing some of your ideas for another league I am in
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 590, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 579, PJ. wrote:
I know bb I miss u so much
didn't see this panzer post but, same lol.

i've had fun with fantasy this year, it's gotten me to watch more games than i usually manage
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:21 am

Post by PJ. »

How did this happen to me
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Covid sucks. NFL not know how to handle it. I am glad my season is over and I did not get relegated. I got lucky

I got a bye in one of my other leagues for first round of its playoffs. Do not have to worry about covid ruining that team

And my last league I have clinched a playoff spot. Regular season is still going on there, but all 4 teams in playoffs have been decided for the league. The 4 teams in are all 10-4 or 9-5 so seeding is still up for grabs. But with all 4 teams so close, its not a big deal who is which seed.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Yeah, this was definitely a great week to have either a bye or a Kansas City pass-catcher.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:12 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

double post whoops
Last edited by Kilgamayan on Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Edible
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Eyyyy let's fucking go.

Quarterfinal win means I'm top four and I'm promoting to L1 next year.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

That is what that means. Congrats^

By the way, it looks like playoff reseeding is not turned on in league 1. The 1 seed is currently playing the 4 seed while the 2 seed is against the 6 seed in league one playoffs

The reseeding also effects the consolation bracket, but no one cares about that any more. Nero lost in round 1 of consolation so previous arguments about that stuff are mute
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

What are league 2 standings and playoffs looking like? First post not updated for league 2

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”