2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:40 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 349, Nero Cain wrote:Well, got my first L in L1
:mrgreen:
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:56 am

Post by Gammagooey »

accepting advice on who to start this week at WR, Allen Robinson has been disappointing but nobody I have is an actually confident replacement for him unless Tee Higgins is back this week
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Trade me Kamara and you'll have a couple of options
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Gammagooey »

obv no
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

uh

What the unholy fuck is this trading draft picks bullshit?
green shirt thursdays
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:49 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Wait yeah I didn’t notice that

That can’t happen
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

If you guys just want to trade those players that's fine in my eyes, but considering the trade mentions round 16 picks, I got to vote it down. This is not a franchise league. No telling who will be in and out of each league each year. Unless one or both of you two pressed the wrong button setting this trade up, this is messed up.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Party Boat
Party Boat
he/him/it
Goon
Party Boat
he/him/it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him/it

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Party Boat »

do ya'll have an extra roster position up there in L1? We only had 15 rounds in our draft (though I guess that'd make sense with 2 extra players down here)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 355, D3f3nd3r wrote:Wait yeah I didn’t notice that

That can’t happen
Why can't it happen?

I had actually meant to bring this up earlier but now is as good as any. When we voted to allow draft pick trades I think the intention was that we'd be able to swap our snake spots. When I was adjusting the league this year there's a slide to allow draft pick trades so I swiped it and when racefan and I decided to work out a trade I thought it would be fun/interesting to swap meaningless 16th round draft picks.

I don't think it's
totally
unfair b/c when you trade draft picks it has to be equal on each side. Like I can't just trade a 1st round for CMC, it has to be a first for CMC and a 16. Everyone drafts 16 players.

I think it's on the managers to weigh the risk of trading draft picks. Like if Poker wanted Aaron Jones this year and he offerers me a 1st for Jones and my 16th. It's up to me to determine if I'm willing to trade 1 of my best players for a maybe a leg up next year b/c Poker might not be in L1 next year. Or if Joe wants to gift me Dalvin Cook and a 16 for a 3rd. It's up to me to determine if I'd be willing to leverage my future for success this year. One aspect of it seems like it would potentially open up more trades and that might be fun.

I mean you could maybe argue that it's unfair that a player could potentially acquire more than normal high draft picks and I could understand that. So if we want to say no on trading individual draft picks then I'm pretty ok with that logic.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 357, Party Boat wrote:do ya'll have an extra roster position up there in L1? We only had 15 rounds in our draft (though I guess that'd make sense with 2 extra players down here)
yes, it's my fault. For some reason, I thought we only had 6 bench slots and not 7 so I told KMD to make it six. I realized my mistake after the draft and I asked him for advice on what to do and he suggested that we should just leave it as is since everyone in L2 was on the same playing field. I agreed and here we are. Although you are right that L2 being 14 players having one less bench slot makes some sense in a way.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 351, Gammagooey wrote:accepting advice on who to start this week at WR, Allen Robinson has been disappointing but nobody I have is an actually confident replacement for him unless Tee Higgins is back this week
Higgins + Davis

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:51 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

What happens if one player gets relegated?

And no, if I knew in-season draft pick trades were allowed I would have instantly said no to that option.

(profile pic by datisi)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I assume then that the draft picks that were traded would no longer be traded.

I'm fine with not trading individual draft picks. I just thought it was lulz to swap a 16th.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I figured you guys were just testing the system (unnecessarily).

Trade seems fine.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Yeah no draft pick trades.

I don’t mind the trade as it stands but it might cause issues next year if both of you make L1, since you might need to manually override the pick order there. It’s just dumb because you two have no idea which 16th is better (and won’t until after the pick order is set in August).

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by PJ. »

It's almost like I knew this would be a massive fucking problem and it turns out there's a stupid loophole that allows it to be. Nero Cain has struck again
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but it's a 16th round where we drafted such stalwarts as Mark Ingram and Big Ben. Most of the 16th rounders have been dropped and the ones that remain on rosters are prob all droppable though Emanual Sanders should prob be kepth. I mean, theoretically, a 16th rounder could be a decent draft pick but more times than not its prob useless.

And yeah Khan I was testing it out and interested in what would happen.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

it's not really a big deal guy....

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I approved draft pick trades from the perspective of trading position throughout the entire draft. And you would need to make this trade once teams had been set for the season, but before the draft actually happened.

For example, I am in another league where our random selector had me picking 2nd. A buddy of mine got the chance to pick 11th. Before the draft, we traded spots. So now I was 11 in round 1 and he was 2 in the same round. Since we had a snake draft, I was 2 in round 2 and he was 11 then. Round 3 I was 11 and he was 2. And this pattern continued through out the draft. We essentially switched spots in every round and the rest of the league voted to approve. Our trade was for teams that would exist for a season that was happening right now

What you are doing effects years in the future with teams that may not necessarily be there. Will you be able to override yahoo's controls on the trade if the teams are not there next year? Even if you yourself as commissioner are not there? There are too many variables and this in general is not the same as what I agreed/voted for at year start as I just outlined

If you want to re-propose your trade to just involve the players and not also involve the picks, I'll allow it. Otherwise I don't think what you want should be allowed especially since we don't even know what place/position those picks will be in that round, just like D3f3nd3r pointed out.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 368, PokerFace wrote:Will you be able to override yahoo's controls on the trade if the teams are not there next year?
I'm pretty sure I would be but if the team isn't here next year then it just nullifies the trade.
In post 368, PokerFace wrote:I don't think what you want should be allowed
I don't think I ever argued this. I said that I don't think it's as unfair as it's being made to be but I'm pretty neutral about it.

I'm perfectly fine with not trading individual draft picks.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 362, Nero Cain wrote:I assume then that the draft picks that were traded would no longer be traded.

I'm fine with not trading individual draft picks. I just thought it was lulz to swap a 16th.
You are making an assumption. Do you KNOW yahoo is gonna let you do this? As someone that tests software for a living there's a lot that can go crazy here especially since the teams, players, and comish role can not be set in stone in our leagues

Also what you did does not strike me as a joke when you state stuff like this:
Nero Cain wrote:
In post 355, D3f3nd3r wrote:Wait yeah I didn’t notice that

That can’t happen
Why can't it happen?

I had actually meant to bring this up earlier but now is as good as any. When we voted to allow draft pick trades I think the intention was that we'd be able to swap our snake spots. When I was adjusting the league this year there's a slide to allow draft pick trades so I swiped it and when racefan and I decided to work out a trade I thought it would be fun/
interesting
to swap meaningless 16th round draft picks.

I don't think it's
totally
unfair b/c when you trade draft picks it has to be equal on each side. Like I can't just trade a 1st round for CMC, it has to be a first for CMC and a 16. Everyone drafts 16 players.

I think it's on the managers to weigh the risk of trading draft picks. Like if Poker wanted Aaron Jones this year and he offerers me a 1st for Jones and my 16th. It's up to me to determine if I'm willing to trade 1 of my best players for a maybe a leg up next year b/c Poker might not be in L1 next year. Or if Joe wants to gift me Dalvin Cook and a 16 for a 3rd. It's up to me to determine if I'd be willing to leverage my future for success this year.
One aspect of it seems like it would potentially open up more trades and that might be fun.

I mean you could maybe argue that it's unfair that a player could potentially acquire more than normal high draft picks and I could understand that. So if we want to say no on trading individual draft picks then I'm pretty ok with that logic.
P-edit: the way you worded it did not strike me as being neutral. Struck me as something you wanted, but if I was wrong, that's fine. And if you just want to trade players, that's fine. I just don't think we should involve all these other factors especially since we do not know what they will do. Yahoo could change their software controls dramatically for all we know. There's a lot of new features they added this year given second run of pandemic season.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yeah I'd have voted no on that because we have promotions, relegation, people not returning, and new players. I was under the i.pression trading picks meant before the draft if you don't like picking near the middle and have the 6th pick, you can trade with last pick for the back to back. I didn't realize we meant trades during the season impacting next season. I don't like that.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 351, Gammagooey wrote:accepting advice on who to start this week at WR, Allen Robinson has been disappointing but nobody I have is an actually confident replacement for him unless Tee Higgins is back this week
I got Allen Robison in league 1. He is riding my bench until he gets good. Luckily I can start McLauren, M. Brown, and Laviska along with Henry and Mike Davis

I may be in need of a trade since Davis will be on bye and trusting Gaskin or Drake to work at RB is not a Gaurantee. Feel free to pm me here or via yahoo's app if you want to help me and think I can help you trade wise for upcoming byes his season
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

We'll just stick with trading draft order and not individual players. Thats fine

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I was trying to say that if you guys just wanted to trade dillon and pollard, I would allow it.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”