2021 Fantasy Football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

Scoring for L1 is weird from an overall point of view. 8 teams have more points against than points for them. Khan has over 906 points for and only about 712 against.

I am not saying anything is wrong. I believe everyone is playing fair, its just the schedules and results are all over the place
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

h2h is very swingy and points scored is maybe more fair, not that I'm suggesting that we change things.

As of right now the L1 standings are

khan
reck
tally
peg
joe
kila
nero
d3
racefan
panzer
poker
yiley

but if things were ranked on points it would be

khan
tally
joe
poker
yiley
kila
reck
nero
d3
peg
racefan
panzer
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am by no means suggesting we use points. Let's not make a big change like that EVER. Head to head is very fun and real to football. I'm just surprised the differences are so huge this year.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if there was a league where every week you were awarded a win based on being in the top half for that week. For our league it would be top 6 scores each week get a win and bottom 6 get a loss. So you do not have a direct opponent and your players schedule is what matters, not your schedule. This league would be about being consistently at the top. You have 1 awful week, you will get 1 loss. You have one great week, you only get 1 win. This way you can't have a week where you get all the points imaginable, and have that carry you. Nor can you have it ruin you should you get wrecked 1 week. You also not get screwed being second highest scorer against the highest. Nor get a win being the second lowest against the lowest.

Playoffs would only involve the top 6. You could now have head to head matches since playoffs and seeding matter Or you can keep similar regular season settings. Top 2 get byes to next round. Lower 4 are in the pool where top 2 scorers for that 1 week move on. Then top 2 for that very next week from those 4 move on. And then just top 1 from final round is the Super Bowl victor

I think that would be an interesting league to try once. Does any website have a league design feature like that I could try next year?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I doubt it. Yahoo does record your EPE record though which is similar but not exactly the same.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:32 am

Post by PJ. »

Just play best ball, dude.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

kila, I assume you started Bridgewater over Rodgers b/c you figured his passing stats would be down this week with his top WRs out?

or did you just feel bad for me that I just can't win?

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

Went with Bridgewater because Rodgers lost his top three WRs and was visiting a very difficult fantasy pass defense while Bridgewater is getting his WR1 back this week and is hosting the literal worst fantasy pass defense.

Rodgers' final fantasy score is about what I expected, and I have a decent amount of confidence Bridgewater is going to exceed his projection.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 406, Kilgamayan wrote:Bridgewater is going to exceed his projection.
shit I hope not :lol:

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by petapan »

new team name
free crypto
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I liked your old name peta. Also thank fuck I won this week in L1

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well my mafiascum season may be over today. Likely gonna be first season I do not finish in top half of league. Gonna keep fighting, but not much I can do at this point
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Nice week Lockett :shifty:
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:04 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Still wasn't enough to get me a win b/c Jalen Hurts threw/ran for 0 touchdowns despite winning 44-6 >_>
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

The loss of Henry at RB means I have Mike Davis, Miles Gaskin, and Kenyan Drake as my only RBs. With my waiver position, I got 0 chance at getting anyone good. Justin Herbert, Derek Carr, Terry McLaurin, Marquise Brown, Dawson Knox, etc you can consider on my trading block. Anyone in need at positions other than running back, you are welcome to call me.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

yea sorry poker. Maybe this means that they'll trow to Brown all the time now.

Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:14 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:13 am

Post by superbowl9 »

So that trade has to be like all time bad no? Gave up a WR1 for one 5 point game
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

my team is coming back from the dead

from the deaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 416, superbowl9 wrote:So that trade has to be like all time bad no? Gave up a WR1 for one 5 point game
Yeah so a week ago I almost posted that even though I knew long term hanging to Lockett was likely the better play I doubted I'd ever end up regretting the trade.

Then it took 1 week lol :facepalm: :oops:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 417, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:my team is coming back from the dead

LLD has a team full of fucking zombies

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:18 pm

In post 419, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 417, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:my team is coming back from the dead

LLD has a team full of fucking zombies
it's true lol

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

The L2 trade is a lil' confusing as I don't think Sharon really needs Goff. I mean, it was reported that Murray is dealing with an injury but she could prob get a better QB off of the wire (and Goff is bye this week). Green seems like he'll just ride KMD's bench unless there's an injury. I think KMD is getting the better end of the bargain but I'm fine with them trading.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:27 pm

it feels lke a lopsided trade for me

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:21 am

Post by PJ. »

Sounds very bad.

Poker being mad at waivers and his rb being hurt is v funny
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm not mad about my player being hurt or the waiver. That stuff is part of the game. I'm dismayed that there is little I can do about it. If there were more available good players I could do something. Perhaps the extra roster spot was a bad idea. Or perhaps we should have kept 3 wrs instead of flex, I voted for that.

I am currently in 2 other leagues. I'm 4-4 in one and 8-0 in the other. The 8-0 team has ppr along with DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, Robert Woods, Toney, Kirk, Noah Fant. That team has had Chubb, Montgomery, Kenyan Drake, Sony Michel, Ty Johnson. The running backs have been surrounded by injuries and bye week issues. The PPR and Kyler Murray have been carrying me through those problems. Given the amount of injuries this year to running backs and all over the league, I think I will vote for 3wrs no flex AND 1 ppr next year here

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”