[CYOA] D&D - The Ghost of Lion Castle

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by unwnd »

Philiam

This is who I originally wanted anyways
Stop
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i want
nathel

summarizing what happened we went (in the lion), someone else can do outside
l4 ( first floor) -> l17 = nothing -> l19 (hammer, which is equivalent to the sword on the able 1d6) -> l39 -> l46 (floor 2) -> l25 (floor 3) -> l59 (floor 4) -> l86 (floor 5 = rip
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Philam

Get what you want.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 249, OkaPoka wrote:ok if im understanding this correctly

this last entry we read was L86, so if we ever reach L86 again we can get zayghel's stuff which might be cool ig
yes that is correct
free crypto
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Charles510 »

VOTE: Nathel
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:49 am

Post by Menalque »

fuckin rip

should we not burn through the level 1 characters to learn as much as possible before we start brining in the big guns?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Bell »

Probably. I tried to meta game based on player interest because I was worried it might die if we grinded. But then woop, there’s a tiger with 20ish HP maybe that wasn’t a good idea.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:15 am

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: cortayo

I think ur right, we need to scout it out because I don't even know if nathel can take on the tiger
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:22 am

Post by Charles510 »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: cortayo
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:40 am

Post by petapan »

general consensus seems to be we go with alow level character, so let's take cortayo

Spoiler: Cortayo
Medium
First level magic-user

Strength 13
Dexterity 14
Intelligence 16
Constitution 11
Wisdom 12
Charisma 10

Armor Class 7
Hit Dice 1

Hit points:

Movement:
120' (40')

Spells:

First level: read magic

Languages:
Common, Hobgoblin, Neutral, Ogre

Equipment:

dagger +1
full waterskin
lantern
backpack
magic journal
ring of invisibility

ring of protection +1

robes
four oil flasks
tinder box
two large sacks
iron rations (21 days)
potion of
gaseous form
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:41 am

Post by petapan »

In post 23, petapan wrote:
Castle outskirts

C1.
Roars of laughter and the sound of hearty voices in song rise from the tables in this warm, smoky tavern. You make your way through the crowd, listening as people talk of the great wizard Sargon and his haunted castle.
Several of the tavern's patrons are apprentices of local magic-users, and that is your occupation as well. You have joined the others tonight in the village of Sarsdell to trade stories and talk of your favorite topic—Lion Castle.
"Sargon was the greatest magic-user of all time, he was," says an old woman who has stopped at your table. "No magic worked on him, no sir, none but his own. Why, I see warlocks, wizards, and sorcerers pass through here every day, and not one of them will go near that Lion Castle of his. They're afraid they'll lose all of their powers!"
"Not us, ma'am!" says one of your friends. "We've nothing to lose and everything to gain by exploring Sargon's castle."
"What is this Lion Castle?" a newcomer asks. The tavernkeeper, who has told this story many times before, eagerly steps forth to inform the newcomer.
"Sargon was a strong wizard indeed, son, and his castle is a sight to behold. He built it on the grassland plains in the land they now call the Ethengar Khanate. Lion Castle is a beauty, son. She rises above the landscape, built so she looks like a great cat about to pounce!"
The newcomer is entranced. You smile, because you know how this story goes. The tavernkeeper continues.
"Sargon's ghost resides there now, along with more than a few creatures, I suspect. The old wizard's ghost haunts the hallways, waiting for a worthy heir. Well, plenty have tried to enter that great stone cat, after having heard of all its great magical rewards. Not many return, though, and would you believe, those who make it back have turned into wild creatures! Whole armies have been defeated trying to enter Lion Castle, but they never knew the secret."
"What secret? What secret?" the newcomer pleads.
"Only one person at a time may pass through the magical defenses of Lion Castle, son, and magic-users and elves are about the only ones who even stand a chance."
The tavernkeeper's tale has stirred you and the others once again, and you decide to draw lots to see who will be the first to enter Sargon's Lion Castle.
The tavernkeeper gladly watches over your table, waiting to see who will go forth to face Sargon's ghost.
The lots are drawn. You are chosen! The tavernkeeper claps his hands and skips back to a cabinet in the back of the room. "You're a lucky one, my friend," he says as he pulls pieces of parchment from the cabinet. "Take these maps, and this magic journal with you. If you do not survive your quest, this journal magically reappears here in the tavern, so your friends and I know what sort of fate you befell."
The tavernkeeper hands you the journal and some incomplete maps of the castle. "Others before you were able to map this much before, ah, retiring. Finish these maps, and find that ghost, and you will be a hero indeed!"
"Now listen closely," says one of your friends. "Follow the Streel River east for six days, and then hike north for two. After eight days, you should be able to see that great stone lion rising from the plain."
"Be careful as you approach it," another friend cautions. "Wild beasts may attack you."
The tavernkeeper breaks in, "You'll come to the outer curtain wall, and you'll see towers and gatehouses. Once you get beyond the curtain, you have to cross the outer ward. From there, friend, you can explore the castle's towers, gatehouses, and inner levels. Somewhere in that castle roams the ghost of Sargon, waiting for you to inherit all his possessions!"

In the morning, you pack for your journey, study your spell book, and prepare your weapon. You pack 3 weeks' worth of iron rations for the long quest.
Your friends accompany you to the edge of Sarsdell, shake your hand, and wish you luck.
"I almost forgot to tell you," one of your friends says. "Legends say that entering the castle at night is very unwise. Rest before you enter, and approach in the light of dawn." You thank your friend and turn to leave.
You cross the river by ferry and turn east to walk along the river. The great grassland of the Ethengar Khanate stretches out ahead of you.
Six days pass. You have seen few animals since you left Sarsdell, and you have talked to no one. You turn north away from the riverbank, and begin crossing the flat grasslands.
As the sun begins to set on the 8th day, a slight gray mound appears on the north horizon. The head of a huge stone beast pokes above the waving grass. Lion Castle stands ahead, only 1 day away!
Dawn comes quickly, and you set out toward the castle. The time seems to drag. Finally, in the late afternoon, you come upon a slight rise in the land. All of Lion Castle stands majestically before you. A 10-foot-high outer curtain wall stretches for 255 feet at the base of the castle. Twenty-foot-high towers rise from the wall, which is rimmed by a dry moat. Lion Castle itself rests on a 10-foot-high mound within the outer curtain wall. The lion's head rises 66 feet from the mound. Its great, roaring mouth faces west.
Subtract 9 days' worth of rations from your character sheet.

If you
read entry
circle to the east
C3
circle to the west
C5
decide to rest here
Hit points:
4/4

Spoiler: Equipment
dagger +1
full waterskin
lantern
backpack
magic journal
ring of invisibility

ring of protection +1

robes
four oil flasks
tinder box
two large sacks
iron rations (12 days)
potion of
gaseous form
free crypto
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:49 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i think cortayo got outvoted but uhh i wont complain either way tbh this is probably a scouting run since we need to figure out how to beat a 27 hp tiger that hits you thrice and legit one shots half the roster

c6 resulted in losing rations and the chance of an encounter, maybe we want to try something else

VOTE: c3
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Bell »

In post 261, OkaPoka wrote:i think cortayo got outvoted but uhh i wont complain either way tbh this is probably a scouting run since we need to figure out how to beat a 27 hp tiger that hits you thrice and legit one shots half the roster

c6 resulted in losing rations and the chance of an encounter, maybe we want to try something else

Sure, though I think there was just a blantant hint at the beginning to rest a day and we're just gunna get punished for not paying attention.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:06 am

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah c6 is probably the best play going blind but i think we want to see if maybe door number 1 has a BRAND NEW CAR!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:48 am

Post by petapan »

In post 261, OkaPoka wrote:i think cortayo got outvoted but uhh i wont complain either way tbh this is probably a scouting run since we need to figure out how to beat a 27 hp tiger that hits you thrice and legit one shots half the roster

it wasn't explicit votes but a few people were like "maybe we should do a lower level character" so i went with it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:52 am

Post by petapan »

C3.
The east wall of the outer curtain stretches before you. The outer gatehouse stands in the center of the wall. A narrow path leads inward from the gatehouse, winding to the south as it runs along the body of the castle.

If you
read entry
circle to the north
circle to the south
decide to rest here
Last edited by petapan on Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free crypto
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Bell »

VOTE: C4?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by petapan »

C4.
The south wall of the outer curtain stretches before you. There appear to be no openings in the wall.

If you
read entry
circle to the east
circle to the west
decide to rest here
Last edited by petapan on Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free crypto
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Charles510 »

VOTE: c4
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Bell »

C5
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Charles510 »

VOTE: C5
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by petapan »

C5.
The west wall of the outer curtain stretches before you. The lion's head rises above the wall. The eyes of the great cat flicker, as roars and growls come from its toothy maw. A narrow path runs around the south side of the lion's body and leads into a dark opening in its chest.

If you
read entry
circle to the north
circle to the south
decide to rest here
Last edited by petapan on Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by petapan »

i assume we will go north to complete the obvious loop
free crypto
Bell