2021 Fantasy Football(PJ Edition)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

2021 Fantasy Football(PJ Edition)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:25 am

Post by PJ. »

Hey, I'm starting a fantasy league. It's going to be full ppr and have FAAB.

You should sign up.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:28 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

/sure
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

/in, sure
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:35 am

Post by pickemgenius »

only if theres 10+
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Charles510
Charles510
he
Goon
Charles510
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:54 pm

Post by Charles510 »

what is ppr and FAAB?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:22 am

Post by PJ. »

Ppr = Points per reception. It means when someone catches the ball, they get a point

FAAB is Free Agent Auction Budget. So instead of a waiver wire, everyone gets a set budget to purchase free agents with throughout the year. It allows for more fairness than waiver systems because it doesn't randomly reward people who haven't been using the waiver wire.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I feel like you should take out the word "randomly" there since its not random. In the other league its currently based on who all is taking a player, when they are taking them, and the priority that team currently has compared to anyone else taking that same player. Nero probably should add a thing to his survey asking players if they prefer that current priority system or want to change it to a standings based one.

I have never tried FAAB, but it does look interesting. About how much budget were you looking to give each team owner at season start?

If two team owners tie for the highest bid on a player, what is the tie breaker?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

$100 is standard but it really doesn't matter since everyone is playing with the same amount of house money; default in the event of a tie (which happens fairly frequently, because inevitably there are going to be lots of players you just bet $0 on) is waivers the same way they are implemented in the standard league.

PJ do you not believe that FAAB randomly rewards people who don't use the waiver wire? Because it does, by leaving them with more money to use on later acquisitions. The only benefit to FAAB is that it makes "do I pick up this player and lose my waiver priority?" not a binary decision.

Waiver priority by inverse of standings is absolutely dreadful because it allows players at the bottom to take any relevant waiver wire acquisition. And it also legitimately creates a breaking strategy of tanking Week 1 and putting every player on your bench to get zero points and have the ability to pick up every single Week 1 breakout.

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 6, PokerFace wrote:I feel like you should take out the word "randomly" there since its not random. In the other league its currently based on who all is taking a player, when they are taking them, and the priority that team currently has compared to anyone else taking that same player. Nero probably should add a thing to his survey asking players if they prefer that current priority system or want to change it to a standings based one.

I have never tried FAAB, but it does look interesting. About how much budget were you looking to give each team owner at season start?

If two team owners tie for the highest bid on a player, what is the tie breaker?
Hey, don't police my language. Thanks. /in or kick rocks, otherwise what business do you have here?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:18 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 7, D3f3nd3r wrote:PJ do you not believe that FAAB randomly rewards people who don't use the waiver wire? Because it does, by leaving them with more money to use on later acquisitions. The only benefit to FAAB is that it makes "do I pick up this player and lose my waiver priority?" not a binary decision.
Not using is a choice, even if the choice is "i forgot". And if you haven't been using your money prior to get acquisitions, then using it later is the intended outcome. Like...that's a feature not a bug.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:31 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 9, PJ. wrote:
In post 7, D3f3nd3r wrote:PJ do you not believe that FAAB randomly rewards people who don't use the waiver wire? Because it does, by leaving them with more money to use on later acquisitions. The only benefit to FAAB is that it makes "do I pick up this player and lose my waiver priority?" not a binary decision.
Not using is a choice, even if the choice is "i forgot". And if you haven't been using your money prior to get acquisitions, then using it later is the intended outcome. Like...that's a feature not a bug.
I agree with you, I’m just trying to say that you could say the exact same thing about the waiver system in the main league. Just swap out the word money for “waiver priority”.

My biggest issue with that system is that it’s initially assigned by the inverse of the draft order, which is a bit problematic when you consider that there’s no “obviously best” draft position but there is an “obviously best” waiver position.

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:41 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 10, D3f3nd3r wrote:
In post 9, PJ. wrote:
I agree with you, I’m just trying to say that you could say the exact same thing about the waiver system in the main league. Just swap out the word money for “waiver priority”.

My biggest issue with that system is that it’s initially assigned by the inverse of the draft order, which is a bit problematic when you consider that there’s no “obviously best” draft position but there is an “obviously best” waiver position.
I agree with the second part. Also, I probably didn't correctly convey what I meant. My biggest issue w/ a non-FAAB waiver system is that you can be stuck at the bottom. Like, start at the bottom and stay at the bottom. For example, 12 waiver spots, 1-3 don't ever use their prio, everyone else uses it once per week. The system wouldn't effect 1-3 at all, but 4 will always be 4, effectively getting first pick every week. In a FAAB system, you can allocate your resources better than other people to not get "stuck" - and for the people that get their pick up they are definitively out their resource instead of only out their resource if people behind them in line do NOT use their resource. That second part is why I used the word "random", because your waiver priority the next week is as much decided by your league mates' actions as it is by your own actions - which will never happen in FAAB and is unpredictable. A second issue that is created by the first is having to be around at the time waivers unlock, which is a definitive disadvantage for people that aren't up at 2am PST (on yahoo leagues). With waivers, you are punished for picking up players during waiver in a binary way and for players that aren't deemed worthy of losing your spot, it becomes a race to see who can get them in the middle of the night. FAAB allows you to queue up players for 0 dollars alleviating the need to check your league the second waivers pop -> and those go into the normal prio system(as you mentioned) if there is a tie which is fine. Third, the priority waiver system is a remnant of the past that was created before people were playing using the internet. Like, it's system that is in place because you used to have to send in your waiver pickups via paper mail to your commissioner or call them on the actual telephone to place pickups. We have evolved past the need for this.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In that scenario, people are incentivized to just not use the waiver wire for a week, which would put them right back at the top of the order (or, well, at #4) for the next week. Also I can't remember a time last year in Scumleague where there were enough players that got picked up on waivers in a week for the order to cycle all the way around - looking at the league, there were a total of 50 times two or more of us tried to acquire the same player and waivers had to come into play (an average of just over three per week), but there was one week where ten players got picked up on waivers, and even then all of those pickups were made by seven teams since three teams used their waiver priority twice.

Spoiler: Waiver wire pickups in Scumleague L1 on September 23 last year

Also, to the best of my knowledge, with FAAB in place you do still end up with the issue where waking up as soon as FAAB things resolve is useful in terms of being able to pick up players that you didn't want to put money (or $0 waiver claims) on. Though I believe there's a way around this by just having all roster pickups use the waiver system, not just those made on day one after a week finishes up, which might be worth implementing here if you weren't already planning on it.

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:54 pm

Post by PJ. »

The issue w/ the always waiver is that it takes a day to process so day of pick ups are not allowed, which is uh..not great
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 13, PJ. wrote:The issue w/ the always waiver is that it takes a day to process so day of pick ups are not allowed, which is uh..not great
Yeah that's also very true, you're kinda damned if you do and damned if you don't unfortunately since it's either no minute-of pickups or "oh boy 4am!" pickups for anyone with a sleep schedule like yours :P

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

Oh for sure, like, I understand that I personally benefit greatly from the normal prio system
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:51 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

you doing this on yahoo as well or ESPN?
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'd pref yahoo, but if people wanted espn, that's fine.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by PJ. »

Esp cause espn is ppr standard
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I’d prefer Yahoo just since that’s the UI I’m used to

(profile pic by datisi)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:01 pm

Post by PJ. »

We currently have 4, I probably can get 2 irl people. I asked peg to ask bbm, but who knows on that. I might try to bug agar again. Still would need 2 more people. I don't want to pm people from the other league but it might be worth. I should dm Reck again.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:02 pm

Post by PJ. »

Might see if I can pester xofelf to sticky this lol
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'll be in if there's 8 or more
green shirt thursdays
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:44 pm

Post by PJ. »

Ayyyy
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by PJ. »

I'm still interested in doing this. I'm going to see if I can get some irl friends to get us to 8ish. But we still need at least 2 more

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”