the secret santa costume ball celebrates cheery dog!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by angela »

for those who remain (bugspray, cheery dog, jake the wolfie), preparation for the second secret santa costume ball begins now!

the theme for costumes is:
fictional herbivores

your inventories have been updated, and you may notice that each of you have saved the giftbox you received during the first secret santa costume ball. you may reuse this giftbox if you would like, or in the case of our costume contest winner, you may regift your unopened gift entirely.

your missions for this phase will be to create a costume for the second secret santa costume ball and an ability that matches that costume flavour-wise, and to choose a gift to bring to the ball.

you may suggest improvements to the game.

and, based on an improvement by bugspray, you may write a thankyou note in your private topic and i will deliver it to the player that brought the gift you left with to the ball.

the preparation phase ends in (expired on 2021-06-30 22:27:28)
Last edited by angela on Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by angela »

jake the wolfie has improved the game! you may each add an item to your wishlist secretly.

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by angela »

since bugspray and jake the wolfie have not completed preparation, they will not be able to participate in the second secret santa costume ball. i think it would be unfair of me to extend the deadline because unwnd, nancy drew 39 and nahdia were unable to participate in the first secret santa costume ball for this reason.

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by angela »

as the sole remaining player, cheif bogo has won the secret santa costume ball!

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by angela »

(congratulations cheery dog!)

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by angela »

thankyou to everyone who played and everyone who wanted to play.

i want to apologize to unwnd, nancy drew and nahdia once again for wasting the time and effort they put into the first secret santa costume ball before not being able to participate, and now apologize to bugspray and jake the wolfie for the time and effort they put into the second secret santa costume ball before being unable to participate; if i run something similar in the future i will find a better way to handle these situations.

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:51 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

What is a "fictional herbivore"
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by angela »

In post 156, Jake The Wolfie wrote:What is a "fictional herbivore"
an animal that feeds on plants from a work of fiction; so it could have been an animal that feeds on plants that was not based in reality, or a fictional character based on a real animal that feeds on plants
Last edited by angela on Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by angela »

there were moments that captured everything i was hoping for from the game; when i saw bugspray's giftbox submission and description of the gift, when after many swaps emmaswan somehow ended up with the fighter plane and plane tickets, when isis submitted kyouko shirafuji 's ability design (snack time: one time at any point during the first secret santa costume ball, you may bold
snack time: [player]
. that player must make and give you a parfait, and that player will be designated kyouko shirafuji's loyal servant and gain the following ability: whenever you give anything other than a secret santa gift to any player other than kyouko shirafuji, you must make another parfait and give it to kyouko shirafuji.), which could have potentially gone infinite by choosing a player, receiving a parfait, giving that parfait back to that player, communicating to them they should give the parfait to a third player, causing them to also give kyouko shirafuji another parfait, which felt like perfect design both flavour-wise and mechanic-wise, to name a few

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I'm still stuck with my wine bottles?

That's a disappointing ending, even though I'm still not sure what was actually going on.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I guess at least I don't need to reset the password for the new alt now though!
Because I managed to forget it after I noticed I misspelled chief.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by angela »

In post 159, Cheery Dog wrote:I'm still stuck with my wine bottles?

That's a disappointing ending, even though I'm still not sure what was actually going on.
i am sorry for disappointing you, and anyone else who was disappointed by any aspect of the game.

i wanted to start with a very basic premise, in this case, wear costume and swap gifts, and give everyone the ability to add to that as they wanted to. bugspray added the compliments for instance, so once per secret santa costume ball anyone could modify a gift someone was holding to better fit their needs by complimenting that player. unfortunately, this only triggered once during the first secret santa costume ball as the additional compliments given were either given by the same player (kyouko shirafuji) or directed to the same player (solaire of astora). i think chell complimented solaire of astora twice and then also swapped gifts with them, but kyouko had already modified a gift solaire of astora was holding by complimenting solaire of astora's costume.

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I'm just mad at myself for missing the deadline. I had the best costume
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by angela »

In post 161, angela wrote:bugspray added the compliments for example, so once per secret santa costume ball anyone could modify a gift someone was holding to better fit their needs by complimenting that player. unfortunately, this only triggered once during the first secret santa costume ball as the additional compliments given were either given by the same player (kyouko shirafuji) or directed to the same player (solaire of astora). i think chell complimented solaire of astora twice and then also swapped gifts with them, but kyouko had already modified a gift solaire of astora was holding by complimenting solaire of astora's costume.
so for instance, had dovahkiin said 'your costume towers above all others!' to someone who was holding the cat and plush yoshi gift before swapping for the gift, then dovahkiin could have had a giant plushie!
In post 162, Nahdia wrote:I'm just mad at myself for missing the deadline. I had the best costume
your costume was indeed excellent

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Isis »

yayy!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by bugspray »

maybe if each gift can only be compliment modified once that could be more fun and when someone does a compliment they get a cooldown of like 48 hourts
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”