MafiaScum Idol Season 2 ~~AND THE WINNER IS...~~

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Which subgenres here are allowed/disallowed?

https://music.ishkur.com
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

So to be honest, most of that looked fine? Hip hop would probably be the only thing I would raise an eyebrow at.

Let me see if I can be a little more clear. If you look at the example I provided, you will see under genre "Techno" on the wikipedia page. If on a page like that, the song genre is "Electronic" "Dance" "Techno" "Trance" "EDM" you are probably safe to use it.

We are going to be pretty lenient though this round, and if you want to ask us about a specific song for us to look at, we are always happy to review songs.

If you aren't sure if a song qualifies, run it by us.

I hope that's clear enough.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Skelda »

I have nooooooo idea what to do this round. I couldn't be more outside of my comfort zone. I think this might be the category I least wanted selected.

At least I got to do a classic 100% pure musical theater song last round but man, the whiplash from a song I was so comfy with to this is extreme.

I guess I have to listen to a lot of techno songs huh?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

After reviewing the categories and clarifications, we thought we might provide some more helpful examples of things we would automatically accept without needing to review:

Techno
Electronic
EDM (Electronic Dance Music)
Trance
Electropop
Synth Pop
Dubstep
DNB
Disco
Eurodance

In addition, we had previously said that "Dance" would count for this, however after reviewing Dance in its entirety we recognize that it encompasses styles of music that don't necessarily fit what we were going for. In this context we were referring to Electronic Dance Music. If you were considering a song that has "Dance" as the genre, please run it by us before going with it.

There are also many other "Electronic/Trance/EDM" categories as shown in the above link by Haschel, but hopefully this provides some clarity as to what we are specifically looking for this round. As always, please send something to us if it doesn't fit the categories above if you aren't sure if it will count or not as it's easier to review individual songs rather than the singer or genre as some singers and genres dabble in multiple categories.

Thank you ❤️
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:41 pm

Trip-Hop Y/N?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 154, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Trip-Hop Y/N?
Let's go with "if you have a song you are considering and you aren't sure if it fits, and it's not one of the aforementioned categories, send it to the judges so we can review it." To be consistent :)
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I'm currently lost my voice sick, I would need an extension through the weekend I think to be able to submit. Been sick for about a week unfortunately
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:01 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Based on the above request and one other, we are extending the deadline until Sunday November 7th, at the same time as prior deadline. NOTE: Daylight savings hour happens on that day, so please don't put it off longer than you have to. From past experience, it's not pleasant to cope with the time change and also try to record.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:16 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Just a reminder new deadline is in two days! I can't wait to listen to all of your entries <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:16 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

A 12 hour extension was requested, and I'm going to grant it. Due tomorrow at 11:59pm PST.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

We have gotten all scores in and all critiques from judges. This was the closest result to date. First and Second separated by .033. Really feeling the competition ramping up and this is going to have such a good result no matter what happens.

Part of the reason that decisions took awhile tonight was because, a contestant had to medically withdraw from the competition. The judges did offer to use the save on this person since their circumstances were out of their control as we wanted this person not to feel like they would be out by default. However, after a conversation with the contestant, they have ultimately opted to withdraw as they did not feel it fair to have a save used on them when they couldn't even provide a submission. We are respecting their wishes. They have been such an awesome competitor and really made a lot of improvements and have had probably more progress than any other contestant this season. We are sad to see them go out this way, however they went out on their terms and we respect people making their own choices. Thank you for being in this competition.

As for the other 4 who submitted, you are all going to be in the final 4! Congrats. But let's first resolve who got 1st shall we?

By .033...the winner of this round is...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!flub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to the winner! Here are the full results:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

You all know the drill by now, the winner now gets to pick from the following themes for the next round:

Song involving an animal in title
Jazz
90s
Country/Folk
Youtube Stars
TV Theme Songs
Original Video Game Songs
Singer Songwriter

The winner now has 24 hours to decide on what could be the last chosen theme of this competition. It's crazy we are getting close to the end! We've heard a lot of amazing talent this season and I'm so happy with all of you. Thank you for going with me on this crazy journey.

I will be announcing a few things about the final rounds after the theme has been chosen. So just be ready for that.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:05 pm

I want to be upset about continually missing first by a small margin but every time I listen to the winning track and am amazed that the margin wasn't higher.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Skelda »

Whew, glad that round is behind me. I'm happy with my submission, but I was so indecisive that round. It was crazy. Previous rounds I usually went with my first instinct, but here I guess I had no instinct.

Well done to Flub! I'm excited to see how this will play out. We're all right there, so any one one of us could be eliminated next depending on song choice.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

this was an interesting round.

Lilith, that pitch slide at the end of your song was I N S A N E. Wow!

Let's go with songs involving an animal in the title
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Okay contestants. This rounds is probably the most straightforward round so far. The song you do has to name an animal in the title!

Examples of Things that are okay: Eye of the Tiger, Fly Like An Eagle.
Examples of Things that are not okay: Roar, Maroon 5’s Animals.

The song must identify a specific animal or specific animals. I can’t think of a song that lists more than one off the top of my head but if a song were called “cats and dogs” that would be fine.

If you have any questions please let a judge know.

Deadline is Sunday, November 21st at 11:59pm pacific time.

In addition, I want to talk about the next few rounds:

1. The judge’s save has so far gone unused. This round is our last round that we can use it if we choose to.
2. If the save is used we will have a final choice from the winner and will proceed with another final 4 round.
3. If the save is not used, we will proceed to the final 3 round.
4. The final 3 and final 2 will work the exact same as they did in season 1. Final 3 will be judges choice where each contestant will be paired up with a judge and be given 3 songs to pick from to sing. The winner of the prior round will get 4 songs to pick from. If, after a week the contestants do not feel their selections are good enough they may request a final song. The total amount of time in this round will be 2.5 weeks. At the end scoring will be 50% judge and 50% audience based and the two scores will be added for a total out of 20.
5. The final 2 will once again have “past and present” theme where they will have two weeks to pick a non final 3 song to redo from their time here and to do one new song they have never done before of their choosing. The winner will be decided by audience voting, though the judges are allowed to vote as part of the audience.

If you have any questions about this, please let us know. Best of luck contestants!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

Sorry for the second post. After conferring with the judges an idea for how the final 3 round will happen came up and we are going to be adopting it. We will provide more details at that time, but the gist is that instead of one coach giving you 3+ songs, you are going to be getting at least 1 song from each coach to choose from. We will explain more details when we arrive at that round.

Thank you :)
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:44 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 163, Flubbernugget wrote:Lilith, that pitch slide at the end of your song was I N S A N E. Wow!
ty :oops:

gl to everyone <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone,

I have heard that some of you are having a hard time coming up with songs you want to do this round. I found the following list I thought I'd share. This is in NO WAY a comprehensive list. If you find a song that fits the theme that isn't on this list that's A-okay <3 I also haven't vetted all songs on this list to verify if they actually fit the theme or not. This is merely a helpful database to those of you that might be struggling.

Let me know if you have any questions <3 I can't wait to hear you all!

https://www.songfacts.com/category/song ... -the-title
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:20 pm

Post by T-Bone »

The cruelest thing is this was my best category variety wise RIP me
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Just realized I forgot to make a submission form for Round 6. Here you go: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Reminder entries are due later today!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:38 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

All entries for round 6 are in! We are all busy adults, so we will try to have results in by tomorrow evening, but we are asking for a little leniency! Thank you all for getting your stuff in on time this round! It's very much appreciated <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Okay so we are still finalizing results from this round. But I want to announce that regardless of the results, we are going to take a break after announcing results so those of us that celebrate thanksgiving can enjoy this time. The next round will commence on Friday as a result. We are hoping to have results up today but again please be patient <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants!

Thank you so much for the patience this round. This is an awkward week for the judges, but we did pull it together finally to put together our critiques to give you hopefully helpful constrictive feedback. I just want to say that all 4 of our contestants remaining are so good. I adore all 4 of you and this round you all brought it. Not that you don't always bring it, but you truly have all left your mark in this competition. This was the absolute last possible round the judge's save could be used and after 4 really incredible performances, I hope it's absolutely zero shock to any of you that we felt it was finally time to use it.

What does that mean? It means all 4 of you have survived! Congratulations. We are also temporarily suspending the competition until Friday so you can spend time with family if you are in the US and celebrate Thanksgiving, or if you just need a break! This is a lot and we completely understand that this has been a lot. Enjoy your time off the next couple of days.

And while we did use the save this round and previously said that would mean we would have one final round before live voting begins...WE HAVE CHANGED OUR MINDS :O And we haven't just changed our minds, but we've changed our minds in a HUGE way this season. I'm going to be dropping all of those details on Friday when we announce how these final rounds will go.

There was a top scorer this week, the margin, slightly higher than before, but still very close and less than .7 point difference between 1st and 2nd.

Congrats to...

Skelda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the full results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

The winner of this round will still have something the rest don't for the next challenge, but again, while we iron out the last few details of how the final rounds of this competition work, thta's going to have to be enough.

We will see you all on Friday. Be ready, I'm really excited to see some differnces and to see how this all plays out :)
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Skelda »

Ooo a twistos twist! Excited to see what happens.

My allergies have not been the best, which you can really hear on the higher notes in that recording. I hope they'll improve, but I do think I was strategic about choosing a song which suited the state my voice was in haha
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello contestants,

We've previously said what would happen if the save were used, and that was the original plan. But in using the save we really had to evaluate why we were using the save. In the end, we feel you all deserve to have the shot to get votes to see who should progress. As such, we are going to move straight into the final 2 rounds of this game. What does this mean? It means instead of having 2 finalists like we did last year, we are going to have 3 finalists this year!

The theme this round: Judge's Choice

At some point today you will be added to a discord chat with the judges (we will set this up). This is our time to ask you questions to see what type of music and artist you want to be portrayed as. Privately, the judges will then find one song for each of you to choose from for this next week. You will get your choices on Wednesday unless the judges come up with their choices sooner. You will get 1 song choice from each judge to choose to perform from for the next round.

Since Skelda won the last round, as promised he will get an extra 4th song from me since I'm lead host ❤️

You will then have until the following Saturday to look through your songs and ask for a bonus song. Judges will deliberate privately and collectively give 1 more song if you do not feel you can perform any of the suggested recommendations. You will get this no later than Monday Evening. No additional time credit will be given if you do ask for a final song.

The deadline to record your song will be
Sunday December 12th at 11:59pm EST (9:59pm PST)
. We will explain how live voting & scoring works once the round is over (and also how the final round will go). Since you only have at most 4 (or for Skelda 5) songs to choose between we feel this is adequate time to pick and record. Unless major extenuating circumstances come up we will not be granting time extensions for this round. Please be sure to use your time well, and best of luck!

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”