MafiaScum Idol Season 2 ~~AND THE WINNER IS...~~

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Extenuating circumstances were given by a contestant and as such I am pushing the final deadline of this round out until december 19th with the same time.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

The judges have made their song selections for this round and all contestants have been messaged. This round is officially on!

Reminder of timeline:

-If you aren't okay with the selections, we need to know if you choose to enact 1 final choice by Saturday at 11:59pm EST/8:59pm PST.
-If you do this, judges will give you a collective final selection by Monday at the latest.
-No additional time credit for the new song choice will be given if you choose this option.
-Deadline is December 19th at 11:59pm EST/8:59pm PST.
-This round will be a hybrid score out of 20 points (10 max from judge average and 10 max from audience voting). We will be describing these details and how this works once we have all submissions for the round in.
-This will be the final round where you will receive judging feedback as the final round will only be audience voting.
-This year we will have a f3 instead of a f2.

Link for submitting this round: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Best of luck everyone :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:42 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

At this point, there's no choice but to extend the deadline a day.

I'm going to have a conversation with the judges and the contestants who have yet to submit and try to figure out how to resolve this situation.

New deadline tomorrow at 11:59pm PST (2:59am EST). But I'm not sure if this is the only extension or not. If you already submitted feel free to get a better take and re-submit if you want.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I could have won this on activity alone
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello Contestants,

At this point we have had multiple people not submit. I think we are all feeling the pressures of the holidays and non MS commitments. Rather than just let people get auto defaulted out and move to the final round, we are doing one final giant deadline extension to 11:59pm EST/8:59pm PST on January 3rd just so we can all take a giant breath/break from having to constantly check this.

To those who submitted, feel free to redo and resubmit by this date. To those who haven't submitted, this is the final extension barring severe extenuating circumstances. Feel free to take whatever time you need to enjoy time with loved ones and I hope you all take time for yourselves! This has been a long journey and we are SO CLOSE to the finish line. I just want us all to finish strong :)

If no severe extenuating circumstances come up or are addressed and no further submissions (or re-submissions) are received by the 3rd, we are going to proceed forward regardless of what has or hasn't been submitted.

A reminder to all contestants to PLEASE continue to communicate with us if issues come up. Also please do not leave things to the last minute...or stuff like this happens and I don't want people to just "win by default" that's no fun for anyone :( Plus we love hearing your lovely voices <3

Let me know if you have any questions :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone!

All 4 contestants have submitted! The judges will now be conferring and will post how voting will work once we have finished conferring. Thank you everyone for pushing through the holidays to get something in! <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello everyone! Thank you for the patience.

This is it! The Semi-Finals. It's been quite a road, but all 4 of our contestants have put forth a valiant effort. The judge's scores and feedback are in, but tonight we will only be revealing feedback.

For everyone, here is that feedback: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

For the next few days (mostly because I'll be out of town), viewers will be voting on the song they think did the best. Contestants and judges will not vote, so this will strictly be in the hands of the viewers.

HOW TO VOTE:

IF YOU WISH TO VOTE SEND MALKON A DM ASKING FOR A VOTING CODE.

Once you have a voting code, you can click the following link to vote:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Voting will end on January 9th at 10pm EST/7pm PST
(this is the earilest I can promise to be available and coherent to count voting and get results).

How scoring works this round

Your final score this round will be out of 20. You will have the avg judge score like normal, but then you will have a score from the audience.

The person to get the most votes gets a score of 10
The person to get the second most votes gets a score of 9.7
The person to get the third most votes gets a score of 9.4
The person to get the last most votes gets a score of 9.1

If there is a tie in voting for any of the above, both contestants will receive the same score (last season Mina and flub scored the same for 2nd and both earned the score for 2nd place).

Once we have the audience voting, we will reveal scores. The top 3 scorers will move onto the finale, and the person with the lowest score will be eliminated.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Mina, myself, or Toolenduso.

Everyone please give a huge round of applause to Mina and Toolenduso for their hard work with judging this contest. They are officially done giving feedback for the season and have been instrumentally huge in helping me get everything together.

Best of luck to our final 4, may the best 3 move on!
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Mina »

Just a reminder that there are less than 48 hours left to vote for one of our talented contestants. Don't forget to get your choices in! :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

We have only had a few votes come in. Voting is due in 3.5 hours! Make sure to message me if you want your idols to be safe!!!

Results will be posted later tonight after voting ends!!!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Voting is done!

I will have results up shortly.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hello Contestants!

For several weeks and delays we have been waiting to see the conclusion of our semi-final round and to see what happens. I am so pleased to say we have an incredible final 4 that is about to become a final 3. To the person who goes this round, you will be HUGELY missed and it has been my honor and pleasure to be your host this season. Your placement should say a lot as competition heated up a lot.

First, let's reveal how everyone did in the voting polls. As a reminder I'm only going to show placements in the poll and that will correlate to the scores I outlined in the initial voting post. Without further ado, here is how everyone placed:

In first place...

is...

Lilith2013!!! who will receive the maximum score of 10 from the audience

Congratulations!!!!

In second place...

is...

a 3 way tie between our other contestants which means you will all get the same score for getting 2nd!!!!

Currently the standings are:

Lilith2013-10
Haschel Cedricson (tie)-9.7
Flubbernugget (tie)-9.7
Skelda (tie)-9.7

So now we go to the second component of this round, the judge scores. As a reminder, this is an average of all three of our scores. I will reveal final placements alongside these scores so once this is done, we will be saying goodbye to one of our final 4.

In first place and our first finalist is...

Lilith2013! Congratulations. Audience score, 10 + Judge's score, 9.6 = 19.6

In second place and the second member of our finale...

Skelda!!! Audience Score, 9.7 + Judge's Score, 9.633 = 19.333!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which means there is only one spot left, and two people left who want it.

So who gets it?

Let's find out.

In third place, and the final member of our finale is...

Haschel Cedricson!!! Audience Score, 9.7 + Judge's Score 9.533 = 19.233

Which means that unfortunately...

flubbernugget :( Buddy you did so well I'm so proud of you, but with a score of 19.1 (Audience Score, 9.7 + Judge's Score, 9.4) unfortunately this means that once again you have fallen just short of being able to advance to MS Idol finale. But I want to give you a standing ovation because you persevered so much to be here and it's truly been an honor to listen to and get your advice the past two seasons. Thank you for literally everything you have done and I wish you well and want to know if you hit it big so I can go to your concerts!

And with that our final round has begun! We have gone through a lot together, we have done some incredible things, and heard some incredible music over the past 9 rounds.

But all amazing things come to an end, and in just a couple of weeks, we shall also see the end of MS Idol 2.

The theme this round is the same as it was last season, Past & Present.

In this round, you will do 2 songs, a re-recording of a song you have performed in this contest (except judge's choice), and a new recording of your choice. This is to show how far you have come and how much you have learned about yourself in this contest. We want to show improvement <3 Take all the advice you have gotten up until now, because this is completely out of the judge's hands as of this moment.

Notes:

For Past: You need to re-record and resubmit the re-recording, not the prior submission.

For Present: You can do any song you want except one you have already done in a prior round this season. You are not singing for the judge's you are singing for the audience, so keep this in mind when choosing.

If you have any questions about the above, please let the judges know.

Thank you everyone, and best of luck to our finalists <3

You have 2 weeks from today to get BOTH recordings, PLEASE manage your time well. Deadline is January 23rd at 10pm EST/7pm PST.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

ahh thank you for the votes <3 flub, sorry to see you go / good luck skelda and haschel
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey Contestants, an inconsistency with what we were attempting to do was pointed out.

PRO TIP: Don't write up rules after driving for 3+ hours and running on low levels of sleep post vacay :D

Please review the "Past" section for new details. It should run the way it did last year.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

what a terrible time to have gotten sick :(

everyone did great this round! I can't wait to see how the finals play out
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 188, Flubbernugget wrote:what a terrible time to have gotten sick :(

everyone did great this round! I can't wait to see how the finals play out
Big hugs to flub! You did amazing <3
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by Skelda »

Flub you are such a king! I loved almost all of your entries, and your style could not be more different than mine so that's saying something. I'm so sorry for your unfortunately timed illness.

Congrats and good luck to Lilith and Haschie Waschie! You're both great singers and it's been a pleasure to listen to your entries each round. This has really been so much fun! I want us to keep recording songs for each other every couple weeks even after this competition ends.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Due to extenuating circumstances, I have made the decision to extend the deadline to tomorrow at the same time.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:46 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I have everyone's submissions in. I am going to get everything typed up and will post before I leave tomorrow morning for work to let people have a chance.

I have two things to say:

1. Everyone give our finalists a round of applause. It is no joke to get two recordings put together for this, and I want them all to get a round of applause.

2. It is with a sad note I must inform you that Haschel Cedricson has opted not to submit for the finale by choice. As such I will honor said choice and officially award him 3rd place in this contest. I respect someone who knows when it's right for them to do something, and there are no hard feelings. You beat your placement during MS Idol 1 and you did so in style! You also made a finale which is great. Thank you for being a participant both seasons.

So that means that starting tomorrow, MS is going to vote between Skelda or Lilith2013 to crown the winner of MafiaScum Idol Season 2!

One final note: If you had a vote code from last round, you are welcome to use it again, or ask me for a new code. I won't start handing them out until the post is up.

Everyone take a night off and get ready to be blown away with MS talent tomorrow!
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Skelda »

Aww Haschel :( You did so well!

Good luck Lilith!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Sorry life got away from me. I will attempt to have this up early afternoon pst :)
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:10 am

Post by lilith2013 »

hope you’re okay Haschel
In post 193, Skelda wrote:Aww Haschel :( You did so well!

Good luck Lilith!
you too!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:28 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Finale Voting

And here we are folks! Nearly 5-6 months later we have finally reached the finale of Skelda vs Lilith. One of you will be crowned the winner of MS Idol Season 2 and one of you will be the runner up. It's been a long race and you have done everything you could to be here. We now turn the final decision over to the voters. There is no judging this round and judges will vote just like any other audience member if they so choose. Former contestants (aside from Skelda and lilith) are also welcome to vote if that wasn't clear before :)

Here are some rules/notes:

1. Voting is simple. I have linked all of the performances in this doc: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

2. You will vote for the performance you think is the best. Regardless of which performance you vote for, the performer will receive the vote. So if you like Skelda's "past" entry and vote for it and someone else prefers Skelda's "present" entry and they vote for that, Skelda will receive a total of 2 votes despite having 1 vote for each song.

3. If you received a unique voting code during the last round, you can use it again to vote, if you don't have a unique voting code, please PM me or DM me on discord Malkon#9019 and I will give you one. You need one in order to vote.

4. The deadline for voting will end on
Sunday at 4pm EST/1pm PST
and results will be posted at some point after.

Just in case you need a little more help and to recap all of the great performances...

So what are you waiting for?! Let's celebrate some amazing singing and crown a winner! :) <3

Thank you all for participating and I will be back Sunday to crown the winner :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Bumping this to remind everyone to vote by tomorrow!!!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hemidemisemiquaver
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Voting is now closed! I am tabulating the results and will post our winner shortly!!!

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”